PDA

View Full Version : NFL playoffs

msstate7
01-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Pitt is man handling Miami.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 01:58 PM
The games this weekend have been awful.

Hopefully Green Bay vs NY will deliver & both Rogers & Eli tear their ACLs so Dallas can roll them next weekend.

Update: Check that, NY would be better off without Eli. Needs NY to lose Landon Collins, Jenoris Jenkins, or DRC

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 02:09 PM
The games this weekend have been awful.

Hopefully Green Bay vs NY will deliver & both Rogers & Eli tear their ACLs so Dallas can roll them next weekend.

Update: Check that, NY would be better off without Eli. Needs NY to lose Landon Collins, Jenoris Jenkins, or DRC

You forgot these *****

Eli comes alive more times than not in the playoffs. How many QBs can boast beating Brady in 2 Super Bowls?? That's saying something there.

I prefer to see what Dak can do with healthy opposing teams. Don't want any asterisks beside the W. Either QB are 2 of the playoffs best. Then on to Russell Wilson then Brady.

Dallas_Dawg
01-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Holy Shit, that hit by Bud Dupree was dirty, but man that was a LICK

smootness
01-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Holy Shit, that hit by Bud Dupree was dirty, but man that was a LICK

Wasn't dirty. Illegal, but not dirty. Just clipped the bottom of the facemask.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Well... this would be a total let down

Bruce Feldman
‏@BruceFeIdmanCFB
My sources are telling me that Tom Holmoe will likely resign from his position as the BYU AD to return to Cal as head coach.

msstate7
01-08-2017, 02:22 PM

Bruce Feldman
‏@BruceFeIdmanCFB
My sources are telling me that Tom Holmoe will likely resign from his position as the BYU AD to return to Cal as head coach.

Cohen to byu**

Big4Dawg
01-08-2017, 02:23 PM

Bruce Feldman
‏@BruceFeIdmanCFB

Fake

msstate7
01-08-2017, 02:25 PM

Bruce Feldman
‏@BruceFeIdmanCFB

Well he was 12-39 (6-31 PAC12) in 5 seasons at cal, so he's good**

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Fake

Yup. I see it now.

Damn, it's frustrating when anyone other than JDog does that

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Not sure what these last 5 posts have to do with NFL playoffs. Wrong thread.

msstate7
01-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Not sure what these last 5 posts have to do with NFL playoffs. Wrong thread.

After about 5-6 posts all threads get off topic. Usually pro-Mullen vs anti-Mullen or Hev sucks

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 02:32 PM
After about 5-6 posts all threads get off topic. Usually pro-Mullen vs anti-Mullen or Hev sucks

I've been waiting for this one to digress to the pro/anti Mullen debate. Hev sucking will probably have something to do with who Dallas/Dak faces in the next round *****

msbulldog
01-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Tell it! +1

GTHOM
01-08-2017, 02:39 PM
The fact that people are bitching about that Dupree hit shows how far the NFL has dropped. Its illegal to play defense now, the Texans/Raiders game was horribly called.

Dallas_Dawg
01-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Wasn't dirty. Illegal, but not dirty. Just clipped the bottom of the facemask.

What's the difference?
Not saying I don't condone it, it's football. They lost 15 yards but sent a message that is priceless

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Looks like the Giants are ready.

BTW it's 13 degrees currently in Green Bay

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/818171913965072385

msstate7
01-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Matt Moore must have girl hands

Bell is so freaking patient. His ability to just stop at point of attack and wait for holes is awesome

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Matt Moore must have girl hands

Bell is so freaking patient. His ability to just stop at point of attack and wait for holes is awesome

I love watching Bell. Not sure we've ever seen a RB with greater vision.

For you FB coaches out there, would you ever teach a RB to run like him or is this just a god given gift?

Would be incredible if Kylin Hill had this type of vision.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 03:25 PM
What an incredible RB. Just a pleasure to watch.

maroonmania
01-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Wild Card weekend a total dud so far. Not a good competitive game yet out of the first 3.

smootness
01-08-2017, 04:12 PM
What's the difference?
Not saying I don't condone it, it's football. They lost 15 yards but sent a message that is priceless

Seriously? Is a hold a dirty play? Or offsides? 'Dirty' signifies that it was a cheap play by the defensive player, or a play designed to hurt, etc. It was a pretty clean hit, there was clearly no intent to do anything dirty. Just hit him a tad too high.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Aaron Rogers is flat out incredible. Maybe the most talented QB I've ever seen.

Additionally, I hate the NFL pass interference rule. Too big a penalty for a judgement call

msstate7
01-08-2017, 05:11 PM

Additionally, I hate the NFL pass interference rule. Too big a penalty for a judgement call

Elway was more talented

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Elway was more talented

IDK man Rogers has everything. I do think where Elway was better is that he was more detailed oriented & a better personality to lead

One thing that I think hurts Rogers is that he's so talented that he loses his fundamentals or forces things. Watch how many times today he flicks a ball off his back foot &, while it looks gorgeous, it falls incomplete. If Rogers would stick to the fundamentals, step into his throws, & maintain fundamental footwork, I believe the Packers would be a better team.

msstate7
01-08-2017, 05:25 PM
IDK man Rogers has everything. I do think where Elway was better is that he was more detailed oriented & a better personality to lead

One thing that I think hurts Rogers is that he's so talented that he loses his fundamentals or forces things. Watch how many times today he flicks a ball off his back foot &, while it looks gorgeous, it falls incomplete. If Rogers would stick to the fundamentals, step into his throws, & maintain fundamental footwork, I believe the Packers would be a better team.

Elway was super talented. If he had played under the rules today (can't hit qb, db's can't touch receivers, and safeties can't hit), elway would be unstoppable

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Elway one of most overrated QBs in NFL history. Physical talent wise probably close comparison - Elway better runner, Rodgers better passer. Rogers has it upstairs better than Elway did.

To add something to Shotgun's previous post -- Eli sucks. If it weren't for his receivers (Beckham) making all those incredible catches they wouldn't have moved the ball at all so far ****

msstate7
01-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Giants' defense is really good.

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Giants' defense is really good.

Yea. I was thinking I liked the 3rd times the charm matchup. 2 close games and my thought was Dallas would win a rematch. I think I've changed my mind.

parabrave
01-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Well whichever team wins between GB and NY they better find a running game before next week.

Reason2succeed
01-08-2017, 06:38 PM
While watching these teams remember that many of these players like ODB, Randall Cobb, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, the same players that Aaron Rodgers and NFL defenses have trouble with are the same players that State faced a couple years ago.

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 06:44 PM
While watching these teams remember that many of these players like ODB, Randall Cobb, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, the same players that Aaron Rodgers and NFL defenses have trouble with are the same players that State faced a couple years ago.

You forgot Landon Collins ... Dak's nemesis in '14 if I recall correctly. Now a pro bowler.

RocketDawg
01-08-2017, 06:45 PM

I like it and wish they'd put it back in college football. That would stop, for the most part, intentional interference to prevent a long gain or TD.

msstate7
01-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Lol @ packers

RocketDawg
01-08-2017, 06:50 PM
GB/NYG just got a lot tighter ... 14-13 now GB.

Does GB have a heated field like Kansas City does?

RocketDawg
01-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Wild Card weekend a total dud so far. Not a good competitive game yet out of the first 3.

Agree, but GB/NYG is a good one.

GreenheadDawg
01-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Dak has to play the Packers and Brady gets to the Texans. What a joke

parabrave
01-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Dak has a running game; Eli doesn't.

GreenheadDawg
01-08-2017, 08:20 PM

And Packers are the hottest team in the NFL right now. Gonna be a tough one

smootness
01-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Dak has to play the Packers and Brady gets to the Texans. What a joke

Huh?

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Eli could've used some receivers that could catch too. Beckham has had a ton of drops this year. Don't know what's up with that.

Facing Rodgers don't quite appear to be a Sunday picnic to me tho.

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Huh?

I think he's thinking, and probably rightfully so, that Texans won't be able to score. And you know Pats will some. On other hand, Rodgers can light it up if he gets going good.

maroonmania
01-08-2017, 08:54 PM
I think he's thinking, and probably rightfully so, that Texans won't be able to score. And you know Pats will some. On other hand, Rodgers can light it up if he gets going good.

I think that's just a byproduct of the fact that the NFC has more good teams top to bottom. If I was the Cowboys I wouldn't like having to play the opposing team with the best QB though.

MetEdDawg
01-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Dak and the Cowboys really got the shaft. The Packers have been the best team in the NFL the last 7 weeks. It will be a major accomplishment if Dak can take Rodgers on and beat him.

RocketDawg
01-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Dak and the Cowboys really got the shaft. The Packers have been the best team in the NFL the last 7 weeks. It will be a major accomplishment if Dak can take Rodgers on and beat him.

Well ... up until that meaningless loss last week to Philadelphia, the 'Boys had a pretty good streak going too. It should be a good game with two good teams, but honestly, I think Dak and Zeke (and the rest of the team ;) ) will come out on top.

GreenheadDawg
01-08-2017, 09:43 PM

Yes. Brady gets an easy draw. I didn't realize I needed to map it out for people.

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Yes. Brady gets an easy draw. I didn't realize I needed to map it out for people.

Well ... Texans D seemed pretty nasty the other day, but they weren't facing Brady and the Pats either.

As maroonmania stated about it do appear the NFC is deeper 1 - 6. Lions were an easy win but everyone else the Boys are likely to play has SB winning QBs on them and mostly nasty Ds too. Falcons may be next easier opponent after Detroit, but I kinda figure Seattle will probably take them out.

Either way Dak and dem Boys got their work cut out for them.

msstate7
01-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Well ... Texans D seemed pretty nasty the other day, but they weren't facing Brady and the Pats either.

As maroonmania stated about it do appear the NFC is deeper 1 - 6. Lions were an easy win but everyone else the Boys are likely to play has SB winning QBs on them and mostly nasty Ds too. Falcons may be next easier opponent after Detroit, but I kinda figure Seattle will probably take them out.

Either way Dak and dem Boys got their work cut out for them.

You could look at it another way... Houston is the #1 total defense in the NFL. Green Bay is 22nd

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 10:01 PM
You could look at it another way... Houston is the #1 total defense in the NFL. Green Bay is 22nd

Yep. But I really don't see how Texas will score. I believe the Dallas - GB game may turn into a shootout.

ETA: If Dallas survives that one then they more than likely have to face Seattle next IMO. That D is pretty tough.

msstate7
01-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Yep. But I really don't see how Texas will score. I believe the Dallas - GB game may turn into a shootout.

ETA: If Dallas survives that one then they more than likely have to face Seattle next IMO. That D is pretty tough.

I wouldn't sleep on the falcons. Ryan is having an outstanding year and I love their RBs... oh and they have some WR named Julio that's ok

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't sleep on the falcons. Ryan is having an outstanding year and I love their RBs... oh and they have some WR named Julio that's ok

I could see that. Actually it would be good to see them win that game.

ETA: Julio who?? I heard he wasn't that good and went some sun belt conference school ****

HSVDawg
01-08-2017, 10:25 PM

Got the shaft how? They have home field advantage throughout. It is the playoffs. There are no easy outs. Just gotta show up and do what they did all year and they will be fine.

msstate7
01-08-2017, 10:30 PM
I could see that. Actually it would be good to see them win that game.

ETA: Julio who?? I heard he wasn't that good and went some sun belt conference school ****

Haha

Funny that the best player to play for Saban at Bama is an offensive player

dawgday166
01-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Haha

Funny that the best player to play for Saban at Bama is an offensive player

KJ Wright > Julio. Sherman (on right side of offense) > Julio. That's cause they went to elite FBS schools *** lol

drunkernhelldawg
01-09-2017, 04:06 PM
What an incredible RB. Just a pleasure to watch.

Take it from one who knows: It is far from pleasure to watch when he's in your opponent's fantasy lineup.