PDA

View Full Version : Now we know why Coach34's Network post went viral

EliteLeaks
01-08-2017, 11:43 AM
The whole post is here- http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?28032-The-Ole-Miss-Recruiting-Playbook

Now it is 2 years later. Let's examine it:

1. They created a "little black book" of Rebel Alumni across the nation that want to be a part of The Network.

Ole Miss has had at least 8 boosters disassociated to this point and appear to have more on the horizon. Just this week, OM Fanboy Neal McReady interviewed one of their Network members on his podcast. Mr. "Didnt Do-Nuffin" acted all broke and sad. But this Network member was using the FCA to help recruit for Hugh Freeze. You can bet he and Freeze worked these visits out together with recruiting. 100% orchestrated. How sleazey do you have to be to use the FCA in recruiting?

2. Create a list of 25 targets across the nation and get it to The Network.
3. Network member closest to said target finds a way to make contact with that recruit's family. Find an "in". Figure out who is going to control the recruitment for the family and see what it will take to get a visit. Pay recruits to visit. Get them on campus

How many random visits have they gotten from a top recruit out of nowhere? They get them constantly. They randomly get into a top recruit's Big Three out of nowhere. They won't even be mentioned by a recruit, then suddenly be in play come January before Signing Day. Only 1 school "randomly" does this out of nowhere time and again under Hugh Freeze and that is Ole Miss.

4. Asst coach recruiting said player shares info with local member of The Network and vice versa

Barney fired for illegal recruiting. Other assistants named in the 1st NOA. Even Hugh Freeze is named in the 1st NOA meeting with a recruit with a booster present. More assistants jumping ship now that the 1st NOA has been dropped, Draft Night, and now a 2nd or Amended NOA is on the horizon. The NCAA is showing that it wasn't just assistant coaches- it was the head coach as well. Special props have to be given to Laremy Tunsil for admitting it on Draft Night. You truly were the gem of the 2013 signing class.

6. Set the big Recruit-a-palooza weekend well in advance so Alumni can make plans to be in town that weekend. Always have it coincide with a basketball game if possible. Make Oxford appear busy and populated. Make sure Alumni know faces of these recruits so they give them "handshakes" to make their trip even more exciting. Make the recruits feel like rock stars. Make Oxford seem like the most awesome place in America for that weekend.

The Library has become famous for this and the stories are almost movie-worthy. Hooter's Girls being brought in, recruiting coordinators being fired over "establishing friendships" between recruits and coeds, money pics being tweeted out. Pics of coeds kissing recruits. They had someone putting it on Chris Jones so good he was lying to his girlfriend and everyone else about where he was at night. It has certainly been a spectacle headed up by the Preacherman.

Grown men pretending to be young female students on Twitter talking in direct messages to recruits. Funniest of all is Rosebowl solving that mystery and blowing it up. The newest catfish is pretending to be a 15-16 year old good-looking girl talking to recruits. Nowhere but Ole Miss does a 15 year old HS girl know about college football recruiting.

7. Seal the "deal" in the exit interview. Local member of The Network handles it and payment is made. Money is funneled through an Aunt or other member of the family in most cases to make it untraceable. Ive even heard about it being funneled through a girlfriend's family in one instance. Set up loan's for houses and such where the money from the Aunt pays off the loan. Stuff like that. Very creative.

We keep hearing rumors of recruits interviewed by the NCAA under immunity are saying in their exit interviews, Coach Freeze talks to them then leaves the room. A booster then enters the room smelling like tacos and chalupas. This booster then talks of an incentive plan available to them should they attend Ole Miss. Who would have thought that The Closer at Ole Miss was Mexican?

8. Reap rewards on Signing Day

Two Top 10 signing classes under Pastor Freeze. Now that the NCAA has a field office located in Oxford, recruits are picking other schools. Suddenly the campus isn't as pretty. Suddenly fewer stories from recruits about Brother Freeze being a great spiritual guide to young men. Suddenly their fansite puppets are no longer receiving correct info about anything. Wonder what has changed in Oxford since last signing day?

Kudos to you Coach34 (wherever you are). Your post two years ago gave us all the insight to what was happening in Oxford. The NCAA, through four years of investigation, is proving it to be dead on balls accurate. We will all continue to enjoy the NCAA's march through Oxford until the very end. The NCAA vs The Network will certainly be a great 30 for 30.

BeastMan
01-08-2017, 11:59 AM
http://thenextweb.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2015/04/highfive.gif

I heard this info went from Snowden, to Assange, to EliteLeaks. C34 is everywhere

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Well done!

And to think how all the media types told MSU fans that the reason we weren't getting top recruits is because our visit weekends were boring. They told us we needed to party more, show recruits a better time, stop being so boring, etc.... yeah that was the reason......*

It's time the rid this state of the stupid, invalid narratives that have been built up over the past 5 years. A false reality have been created & needs to be rectified

turkish
01-08-2017, 01:37 PM
The only part that's still leaving me scratching my head is that the C Jones and CJ sags, which were supposed to be blatant and obvious examples of violations, were not mentioned in NOA #1. Any guesses why? Jones was even interviewed by the NCAA after his recruitment.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2017, 01:43 PM
The only part that's still leaving me scratching my head is that the C Jones and CJ sagas, which were supposed to be blatant and obvious examples of violations, were not mentioned in NOA #1. Any guesses why? Jones was even interviewed by the NCAA after his recruitment.

Would you talk to the NCAA without immunity?

No recruit is going to tell the NCAA anything without immunity due to fear of being declared ineligible themselves

gtowndawg
01-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Paging enforcer...

turkish
01-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Put some money on it, Gtown. How sure are ya?

Maybe my wording was poor. I just found it weird that the NOA had so much in it, but the actual violations were none of the several big ones that had been discussed so much.

Now, the doofuses that claimed Jones was working for us during his recruitment at UNM do deserve some shaming.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2017, 02:03 PM
The whole post is here- http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?28032-The-Ole-Miss-Recruiting-Playbook

Now it is 2 years later. Let's examine it:

1. They created a "little black book" of Rebel Alumni across the nation that want to be a part of The Network.

Ole Miss has had at least 8 boosters disassociated to this point and appear to have more on the horizon. Just this week, OM Fanboy Neal McReady interviewed one of their Network members on his podcast. Mr. "Didnt Do-Nuffin" acted all broke and sad. But this Network member was using the FCA to help recruit for Hugh Freeze. You can bet he and Freeze worked these visits out together with recruiting. 100% orchestrated. How sleazey do you have to be to use the FCA in recruiting?

2. Create a list of 25 targets across the nation and get it to The Network.
3. Network member closest to said target finds a way to make contact with that recruit's family. Find an "in". Figure out who is going to control the recruitment for the family and see what it will take to get a visit. Pay recruits to visit. Get them on campus

How many random visits have they gotten from a top recruit out of nowhere? They get them constantly. They randomly get into a top recruit's Big Three out of nowhere. They won't even be mentioned by a recruit, then suddenly be in play come January before Signing Day. Only 1 school "randomly" does this out of nowhere time and again under Hugh Freeze and that is Ole Miss.

4. Asst coach recruiting said player shares info with local member of The Network and vice versa

Barney fired for illegal recruiting. Other assistants named in the 1st NOA. Even Hugh Freeze is named in the 1st NOA meeting with a recruit with a booster present. More assistants jumping ship now that the 1st NOA has been dropped, Draft Night, and now a 2nd or Amended NOA is on the horizon. The NCAA is showing that it wasn't just assistant coaches- it was the head coach as well. Special props have to be given to Laremy Tunsil for admitting it on Draft Night. You truly were the gem of the 2013 signing class.

6. Set the big Recruit-a-palooza weekend well in advance so Alumni can make plans to be in town that weekend. Always have it coincide with a basketball game if possible. Make Oxford appear busy and populated. Make sure Alumni know faces of these recruits so they give them "handshakes" to make their trip even more exciting. Make the recruits feel like rock stars. Make Oxford seem like the most awesome place in America for that weekend.

The Library has become famous for this and the stories are almost movie-worthy. Hooter's Girls being brought in, recruiting coordinators being fired over "establishing friendships" between recruits and coeds, money pics being tweeted out. Pics of coeds kissing recruits. They had someone putting it on Chris Jones so good he was lying to his girlfriend and everyone else about where he was at night. It has certainly been a spectacle headed up by the Preacherman.

Grown men pretending to be young female students on Twitter talking in direct messages to recruits. Funniest of all is Rosebowl solving that mystery and blowing it up. The newest catfish is pretending to be a 15-16 year old good-looking girl talking to recruits. Nowhere but Ole Miss does a 15 year old HS girl know about college football recruiting.

7. Seal the "deal" in the exit interview. Local member of The Network handles it and payment is made. Money is funneled through an Aunt or other member of the family in most cases to make it untraceable. Ive even heard about it being funneled through a girlfriend's family in one instance. Set up loan's for houses and such where the money from the Aunt pays off the loan. Stuff like that. Very creative.

We keep hearing rumors of recruits interviewed by the NCAA under immunity are saying in their exit interviews, Coach Freeze talks to them then leaves the room. A booster then enters the room smelling like tacos and chalupas. This booster then talks of an incentive plan available to them should they attend Ole Miss. Who would have thought that The Closer at Ole Miss was Mexican?

8. Reap rewards on Signing Day

Two Top 10 signing classes under Pastor Freeze. Now that the NCAA has a field office located in Oxford, recruits are picking other schools. Suddenly the campus isn't as pretty. Suddenly fewer stories from recruits about Brother Freeze being a great spiritual guide to young men. Suddenly their fansite puppets are no longer receiving correct info about anything. Wonder what has changed in Oxford since last signing day?

Kudos to you Coach34 (wherever you are). Your post two years ago gave us all the insight to what was happening in Oxford. The NCAA, through four years of investigation, is proving it to be dead on balls accurate. We will all continue to enjoy the NCAA's march through Oxford until the very end. The NCAA vs The Network will certainly be a great 30 for 30.

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Nailed-It.gif

msbulldog
01-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Would you talk to the NCAA without immunity?

No recruit is going to tell the NCAA anything without immunity due to fear of being declared ineligible themselves

Maybe that's why Freeze kept calling C. Jones while he was at State.

Dawg61
01-08-2017, 02:24 PM
https://youtu.be/lbhoS78G4_g

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lbhoS78G4_g/hqdefault.jpg

Steakonastick
01-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Proof could never be found on white girl swallows. The business would not admit who paid for the goods when questioned by NCAA.

The best part is coming. The bears are starting to eat their young and fight among themselves.

turkish
01-08-2017, 02:49 PM
This makes sense, but, unfortunately, suggests the NCAA may only really be nailing them for things of which they've collected some sort of proof. This makes me fear the ultimate punishment falls short of what many of us expect. Luckily they appear to have proof of enough crap to hurt them pretty bad. I guess it's also likely the NCAA hits them a little harder on the number of things they CAN prove because of all the other noise they have less proof of. Please don't paint me as a bear for saying this. I'm just prepared for them not to get what I think the deserve.

Political Hack
01-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Put some money on it, Gtown. How sure are ya?

Maybe my wording was poor. I just found it weird that the NOA had so much in it, but the actual violations were none of the several big ones that had been discussed so much.

Now, the doofuses that claimed Jones was working for us during his recruitment at UNM do deserve some shaming.

No. They don't. He was a bulldog the entire time and people who knew what was goi on kept it quiet as a favor to him. His high school coach was even freaking out when many people, myself included, was saying chill out. He was 100% Dawg out the gate and that never wavered.

turkish
01-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Understood. We're talking about 2 different things. I recall some saying he was working to incriminate the Rebs. That didn't happen.

Mutt the Hoople
01-08-2017, 03:12 PM
That the Network records these transactions and blackmail the recruit into signing with OM? Do they tell them that they got the goods on him and he'll be ineligible to play college football if he goes somewhere else?

From what I've been reading here and elsewhere, was that what om tried to do with Leo Lewis and Bo Scarborough? Why the NCAA gave them immunity?

Bodawg
01-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Should add #9 to this: A compliant media i.e. the states largest newspaper. Maintained by the Network to keep the investigation as silent as possible. The investigation has been going on for 4 years, and only the past two years have we really gotten in information on it. And still to this day there is little information coming out.

Reason2succeed
01-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Wow! Someone should write a book about this. Oh wait! Hahahahaha!

RougeDawg
01-08-2017, 03:42 PM
That the Network records these transactions and blackmail the recruit into signing with OM? Do they tell them that they got the goods on him and he'll be ineligible to play college football if he goes somewhere else?

From what I've been reading here and elsewhere, was that what om tried to do with Leo Lewis and Bo Scarborough? Why the NCAA gave them immunity?

Yes you are correct and they interviewed people again after leaving said schools, who turned over physical evidence on Bucky himself (Chris jones included). It's over for the Bible bandit. Just a matter of when.

And Turkish has to be a bear. No ED member is lacking info to ask such questions.

turkish
01-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Lmao. No. Come up to West Fel and I'll buy you a beer at The Francis.

Eta. Swalm, carpenter, harned, hand, Allen, Montgomery. And I was enjoying peaceful craps in the secret basement handicap bathroom of Mitchell Memorial Library long before it was discussed on the other board like 15 years ago.

But seriously, I felt like you yourself thought there was enough smoke for the NCAA to make something of the situation in Philly.

maroonmania
01-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Should add #9 to this: A compliant media i.e. the states largest newspaper. Maintained by the Network to keep the investigation as silent as possible. The investigation has been going on for 4 years, and only the past two years have we really gotten in information on it. And still to this day there is little information coming out.

All original info has come from either out of state media or Robertson. The instate media hasn't done an original story on anything related to this since Riley Blevins tried to do a story or two on Tunsil and his Stepdad and got ran out of town on a rail.

lamont
01-08-2017, 04:24 PM
All original info has come from either out of state media or Robertson.

ummmm Elitedawgs has put out quite a bit on it as well

maroonmania
01-08-2017, 04:27 PM
ummmm Elitedawgs has put out quite a bit on it as well

No doubt but I don't really consider this message board as a media outlet. Even SR's podcast and articles are certainly in the gray area.

Todd4State
01-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Maybe that's why Freeze kept calling C. Jones while he was at State.

My theory on that was it was either BS to take a shot at us or it he was doing it in case Jones wanted to transfer. That's my guess as to how they were able to get Stringfellow and Christian Morris to transfer from their original schools.

And yeah- I'm pretty sure that is illegal or it should be if it isn't.

msbulldog
01-08-2017, 05:32 PM
My theory on that was it was either BS to take a shot at us or it he was doing it in case Jones wanted to transfer. That's my guess as to how they were able to get Stringfellow and Christian Morris to transfer from their original schools.

And yeah- I'm pretty sure that is illegal or it should be if it isn't.

Or it was to talk Chris J. not to turn them in, for the money he received and then turned them down, smells like blackmail.

QuadrupleOption
01-08-2017, 09:32 PM
Why do I get the feeling that a post by EliteLeaks talking about a post made by Coach34 is an example of this:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/43d382ae47be5d40ec3a8581328fedd1/tumblr_mrvsvatiM91qjptfbo1_500.gif

Anyway, it's good to bring it back up. Man I can't wait until NOA: The Sequel comes out!

GTHOM
01-08-2017, 10:06 PM
#6 is what everyone does. We should be doing it

Todd4State
01-08-2017, 10:43 PM
Or it was to talk Chris J. not to turn them in, for the money he received and then turned them down, smells like blackmail.

It could be. Or it could have also been to maintain the "friendship" so that he wouldn't tell as much. It just depends on the nature of the conversations and if the conversations even took place.

John Farley
01-08-2017, 10:54 PM
It was Chris' mom that was all Bulldog from the jump and she wasn't buying what they were selling. Ever. And I don't remember anyone jumping in that Chris is a Bulldog bandwagon with me except Gene. But water under a bridge I suppose.

Man we could all have a great talk over a burger at Mugshots. Who is buying?

Todd4State
01-08-2017, 11:00 PM
It was Chris' mom that was all Bulldog from the jump and she wasn't buying what they were selling. Ever. And I don't remember anyone jumping in that Chris is a Bulldog bandwagon with me except Gene. But water under a bridge I suppose.

Man we could all have a great talk over a burger at Mugshots. Who is buying?

You know Waffle House in Hattiesburg is the preferred meeting spot.**

Dawg61
01-08-2017, 11:56 PM
Why do I get the feeling that a post by EliteLeaks talking about a post made by Coach34 is an example of this:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/43d382ae47be5d40ec3a8581328fedd1/tumblr_mrvsvatiM91qjptfbo1_500.gif

http://static.celebuzz.com/uploads/2013/06/14/angry-self-five.gif

TrapGame
01-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Did that certain "Mexican" booster have a pet with him?

https://media.tenor.co/images/29901ab12552d315ec258ff3959c88a3/raw

Political Hack
01-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Understood. We're talking about 2 different things. I recall some saying he was working to incriminate the Rebs. That didn't happen.

Gotcha. Sorry. He did share some stuff with people close to him, but I have zero insights into what he did or didn't tell the NCAA.

Political Hack
01-09-2017, 12:59 PM

Anyway, it's good to bring it back up. Man I can't wait until NOA: The Sequel comes out!

I laughed. Never seen that GIF.

BiscuitEater
01-09-2017, 01:28 PM
The only part that's still leaving me scratching my head is that the C Jones and CJ sags, which were supposed to be blatant and obvious examples of violations, were not mentioned in NOA #1. Any guesses why? Jones was even interviewed by the NCAA after his recruitment.

Cliff Notes version -- CJ grows up as a huge State fan. Been one for years. Commits early. Reaches out on social media for others to 'join' him at MSU. Visits OM and a 'fan' rips off his recruit badge while he is in VH and gets in his face 'because he is a State guy.'

Late fall of SR year, OM gets a visit. Out of 'nowhere' CJ flips to OM. Why?

CJ reports to OM driving a new truck. Others rumors of family getting 'perks.' Do YOU think that CJ will EVER admit that he got 'extra' benefits? Do you think that CJs family will EVER admit that they took $$$?

It's NOT complicated.

BB30
01-09-2017, 01:43 PM
I laughed. Never seen that GIF.

Yea, I laughed too. Quality GIF right there.

turkish
01-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Cliff Notes version -- CJ grows up as a huge State fan. Been one for years. Commits early. Reaches out on social media for others to 'join' him at MSU. Visits OM and a 'fan' rips off his recruit badge while he is in VH and gets in his face 'because he is a State guy.'

Late fall of SR year, OM gets a visit. Out of 'nowhere' CJ flips to OM. Why?

CJ reports to OM driving a new truck. Others rumors of family getting 'perks.' Do YOU think that CJ will EVER admit that he got 'extra' benefits? Do you think that CJs family will EVER admit that they took $$$?

It's NOT complicated.
Exactly. And we know the NCAA does not require proof, so it should be as plain to them as it is to you and me. What does "admitting" have to do with anything? That's what concerns me -- that they may skate on the most egregious things they did. I'm seeing it nearly the same as you; I apparently did a horrible job of communicating it, though.

gtowndawg
01-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Yea, I laughed too. Quality GIF right there.

Ha. Add me to the list.

louisvilledawg
01-09-2017, 03:17 PM

Sidebar:

One of my favorite shows- Until the last season. One of my least favorite final seasons and probably the worst ending to a show i've ever seen.

lamont
01-09-2017, 05:47 PM

No- its not him

RougeDawg
01-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Lmao. No. Come up to West Fel and I'll buy you a beer at The Francis.

Eta. Swalm, carpenter, harned, hand, Allen, Montgomery. And I was enjoying peaceful craps in the secret basement handicap bathroom of Mitchell Memorial Library long before it was discussed on the other board like 15 years ago.

But seriously, I felt like you yourself thought there was enough smoke for the NCAA to make something of the situation in Philly.

I'll just put it this way with regard to CJ Johnson and Philly. They had every dot connected from A-M and N-Z, but needed one last dot to connect between N-M and the delivery address of the furniture was not handed over. The address was not handed over because said business was being threatened by the wealthy Bearsharts of the area that they would put them out of business if turned in. Let's just say a large construction family consisting of some prominent lawyers weee the "Network foot soldiers" for this deal.

From what I've seen and heard, the NCAA has uncovered similar instances now that have used these types of tactics and they are actually digging deeper into past allegations now that they have hard physical evidence of recent infractions. They are digging deep and even got UNC for some stuff data by back to 2003. Once the network and their tactics were uncovered from the 2013 class to present, the previous allegations started to follow suit. And remember the NCAA doesn't need proof, just reasonable doubt and a pattern of infractions.

Needless to say, this thing is snowballing beyond the wildest imaginations of anyone involved.

turkish
01-09-2017, 07:54 PM
I'll just put it this way with regard to CJ Johnson and Philly. They had every dot connected from A-M and N-Z, but needed one last dot to connect between N-M and the delivery address of the furniture was not handed over. The address was not handed over because said business was being threatened by the wealthy Bearsharts of the area that they would put them out of business if turned in. Let's just say a large construction family consisting of some prominent lawyers weee the "Network foot soldiers" for this deal.

From what I've seen and heard, the NCAA has uncovered similar instances now that have used these types of tactics and they are actually digging deeper into past allegations now that they have hard physical evidence of recent infractions. They are digging deep and even got UNC for some stuff data by back to 2003. Once the network and their tactics were uncovered from the 2013 class to present, the previous allegations started to follow suit. And remember the NCAA doesn't need proof, just reasonable doubt and a pattern of infractions.

Needless to say, this thing is snowballing beyond the wildest imaginations of anyone involved.
And this kinda speaks to something I've felt for awhile about "proof." No, the NCAA doesn't need proof to hurt you. But, if they want to, they can use LACK of proof as a reason NOT to nail you, if they don't really want to nail you in the first place. It's completely up to them -- they hold all the cards. I think if they stumbled onto a CJ situation today, they'd run it to ground. Having the N-M connection was the proof they apparently did require back then. They left meat on the bone before, as the burden of proof was apparently greater in those early years.