PDA

View Full Version : Army all American game

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:11 PM
I know we aren't in any of the decisions today, but are there any decisions that affect other players we're recruiting?

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:19 PM
What number is gay? Bowie?

preachermatt83
01-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Gay is 10
Bowie is 1
Akers is 3

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Gay is 10, Bowie is 1

preachermatt83
01-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Gay is fast enough at OLB to cover. He's not as big as I thought he was.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Yancy tweeted out a list of like 5 guys that Ole Miss fans need to watch, LOL

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:23 PM

Do OM fans not call him out on crap like that?

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:24 PM

Omar Manning
Willie Gay
DD Bowie
Tedarrell Slaton
Jalen Parks
Devon Hunter

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Do OM fans not call him out on crap like that?

The only reply said "Gay decommitted and DD says he wants a FSU offer". Ha

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Well cam looks more comfortable at rb now. Very nice run

preachermatt83
01-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Cam first run was very very impressive. Much better than anything he did at ms/al game

preachermatt83
01-07-2017, 01:27 PM
West defense is fast

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:29 PM
I wish we could get an elite pass rusher. Or even a Marquis Haynes level one

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:30 PM
I wish we could get an elite pass rusher

Maybe spencer can be that guy off the edge. I thought he showed some promise as a true freshman

Ari Gold
01-07-2017, 01:31 PM
I wish we could get an elite pass rusher. Or even a Marquis Haynes level one

Sweat is going to be that next year.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Maybe spencer can be that guy off the edge. I thought he showed some promise as a true freshman

True. He's young too so he should only get better. I hope we don't have him add a ton of weight like we typically do to all DE's and ruin his speed. We're too damn slow on D

preachermatt83
01-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Young man teared up making his commitment to Oregon state. Was truly appreciative of his blessings. Not drama and entitlement. Good deal.

HoopsDawg
we are looking at the punter in this game.

CadaverDawg
Sweat is going to be that next year.

Man I hope so. I just knew Denico Autry was too...but he never really did much in terms of sacks or QB pressure

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:36 PM
we are looking at the punter in this game.

Which one?

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Young man teared up making his commitment to Oregon state. Was truly appreciative of his blessings. Not drama and entitlement. Good deal.

Yea I enjoyed seeing that. Although the hat ceremonies are old, played out, and super attention seeking imo.

preachermatt83
01-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Martel is gonna be really good for Ohio st

HoopsDawg
01-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Which one?

42 for the East, Tucker Day. We haven't offered yet though.

And we have offered 97 for the East, Bulovas, Kicker.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:38 PM

Wish we were after a FG kicker

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Martel is gonna be really good for Ohio st

I wonder if he's too small to hold the ball on the zone read 10-15 times a game. He's certainly elusive

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Yea I enjoyed seeing that. Although the hat ceremonies are old, played out, and super attention seeking imo.

I find it funny how a Bama hat always makes the table even if the kid can't commit to Bama. It's like a status deal

HoopsDawg
01-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Wish we were after a FG kicker

We are, 97 for the East. He is committed to GT, but we feel confident we can flip him. We'll see.

HoopsDawg
01-07-2017, 01:42 PM
I find it funny how a Bama hat always makes the table even if the kid can't commit to Bama. It's like a status deal

True, but also Bama does an excellent job of making kids feel like they have a firm offer, right up until they don't. Chauncey Rivers is an example of one who didn't at the last minute, Nigel Knott is an example of one who got a firm offer at the last minute.

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:42 PM

And we have offered 97 for the East, Bulovas, Kicker.

We should absolutely use scholarships on a big time kicker and punter. We'll always be at a disadvantage in overall talent in the sec, so elite special teams could help neutralize that some. Wish Mullen would hire a special teams' cood for open staff spot and go all in on special teams

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2017, 01:43 PM
9 Georgia commits & 9 Ohio State commits in the game?

That's a problem IMO & shows that whoever is picking the players for this game isn't spreading a wide enough net & casting non-biased evlautions.

Meanwhile, Kylin Hill & Key aren't in any of these games.

CadaverDawg
We are, 97 for the East. He is committed to GT, but we feel confident we can flip him. We'll see.

Awesome

HoopsDawg
We should absolutely use scholarships on a big time kicker and punter. We'll always be at a disadvantage in overall talent in the sec, so elite special teams could help neutralize that some. Wish Mullen would hire a special teams' cood for open staff spot and go all in on special teams

Agree.

HoopsDawg
01-07-2017, 01:44 PM

That's a problem IMO & shows that whoever is picking the players for this game isn't spreading a wide enough net & casting non-biased evlautions.

Agree on Key and Kylin, but UGA and Ohio State are having ridiculous years. Those 2 along with Bama have seperated themselves from the rest of the country.

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:46 PM

Or maybe Georgia and Ohio state are killing it on the recruiting trail. Ohio state probably gonna end the game with more.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Agree on Key and Kylin, but UGA and Ohio State are having ridiculous years. Those 2 along with Bama have seperated themselves from the rest of the country.

I had my doubts about Kirby as a head coach, and still do a little, but he clearly is going to bring in the talent to UGA...and that's at least half the battle.

Bucky Dog
01-07-2017, 01:50 PM

EE can't play in this game so that explains KT. I'm fine with letting Kylin fly under the radar even more.

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:51 PM
I had my doubts about Kirby as a head coach, and still do a little, but he clearly is going to bring in the talent to UGA...and that's at least half the battle.

Muschamp 2.0 imo... gonna field teams with excellent defense, suspect offense, and recruit with the best of them. Muschamp is outrecruiting Florida at South Carolina

HoopsDawg
01-07-2017, 01:51 PM
EE can't play in this game so that explains KT. I'm fine with letting Kylin fly under the radar even more.

Yes, EE's can play in this game. Cam Akers is one example but there are several in this game.

HoopsDawg
01-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Muschamp 2.0 imo... gonna field teams with excellent defense, suspect offense, and recruit with the best of them. Muschamp is outrecruiting Florida at South Carolina

Disagree, I think Smart is going to win at UGA.

Bucky Dog
01-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Yes, EE's can play in this game. Cam Akers is one example but there are several in this game.

I thought I heard or read otherwise. Oh well. And I wasn't aware that Cam practiced with FSU like KT did. Either way, would rather KT not get hurt.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2017, 01:55 PM

I thought the same when he was hired. He has a little better personality than Boom though, and UGA is definitely more attractive to a good OC than USC, so we'll see. I could def see him being Boom 2.0 though. Georgia fans think he's the next Saban. I work with one and he thinks they hit the damn jackpot, and that National Titles are coming their way. Think he will be disappointed

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Disagree, I think Smart is going to win at UGA.

We'll see. Let's see if smart can make as big a jump as boom did his 2nd year at Florida (11-2, east champs, bcs bowl)

civildawg
01-07-2017, 02:08 PM
This game sucks by the way

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2017, 02:09 PM
This Henry Ruggs makes a big play in every game I see him.

Wish we had a shot. BUT NOPE

msstate7
01-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Yeah, pretty much everyone wishes they had a shot

HoopsDawg
01-07-2017, 02:16 PM

We gotta figure out a way to make MSU a "cooler" place to go. Whether it's a matter of firing about 3 guys on the staff and getting better recruiters, upgrading the player experience-Clemson has a damn slide in their new facility, wearing sharper uniforms (some of combo's like the all maroon look like shit) or building a place in Starkville that players like to hang out. Or a combo of it all.

BankerDog
01-07-2017, 02:23 PM
We gotta figure out a way to make MSU a "cooler" place to go. Whether it's a matter of firing about 3 guys on the staff and getting better recruiters, upgrading the player experience-Clemson has a damn slide in their new facility, wearing sharper uniforms (some of combo's like the all maroon look like shit) or building a place in Starkville that players like to hang out. Or a combo of it all.

Just keep turning out Pros. And we also need to coordinate with the SA and Frat Houses to have bigger parties and make the recruits have good a time. People aren't doing that. Once you get the students into it, a lot better stuff will happen. But there is only a handful of students who keep up with recruiting and who players are until signing day when the twitter accounts are introducing the players.

HoopsDawg
01-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Just keep turning out Pros. And we also need to coordinate with the SA and Frat Houses to have bigger parties and make the recruits have good a time. People aren't doing that. Once you get the students into it, a lot better stuff will happen. But there is only a handful of students who keep up with recruiting and who players are until signing day when the twitter accounts are introducing the players.

Yes, we have to improve the official visit experience. It has to be more than just going over to your hosts apartment.

CarolinaDawgs
01-07-2017, 02:26 PM

You got a better shot at hitting the Lotto then getting the Frat parties to get FSU, BAMA, Floridia level.

BankerDog
01-07-2017, 02:29 PM
You got a better shot at hitting the Lotto then getting the Frat parties to get FSU, BAMA, Floridia level.

Starts at the top with the President. He's a Sigma Chi so he should pull some strings to get some bigger named acts but that's not going to happen at all.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Yes, we have to improve the official visit experience. It has to be more than just going over to your hosts apartment.

I'm sure we could enhance the experience, but I wonder if we've given OM credit for those types of things when in fact they were just buying players?

We've become conditioned to the narrative that parties & recruitpalooza was how OM was landing recruits, but how much of that was truth versus them just landing recruits because of money & extra benefits?

Do Bama, LSU, FSU, Georgia, etc have big parties for recruits?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-07-2017, 02:34 PM

We also need a coach or 2 that has some charisma on the recruiting trail. One reason we weren't ever in it with Akers is because we don't have the flash and the it factor he was looking for.

BankerDog
01-07-2017, 02:38 PM
We also need a coach or 2 that has some charisma on the recruiting trail. One reason we weren't ever in it with Akers is because we don't have the flash and the it factor he was looking for.

Cam Akers=Malik Dear(if Malik would realize he is a RB, not slot WR)

And we have a recruiter. He's just sitting in the back rooms. Look for him to be on the field soon.

preachermatt83
01-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Welp I'm sold on the kicker.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2017, 02:39 PM

Me too. Looks legit.

Starts next year for us. WOW

CadaverDawg

Me too. Sign his ass

ShotgunDawg
Cam Akers=Malik Dear(if Malik would realize he is a RB, not slot WR)

And we have a recruiter. He's just sitting in the back rooms. Look for him to be on the field soon.

Dear isn't as explosive or fast as Akers. They aren't similar

msstate7
01-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Dear isn't as explosive or fast as Akers. They aren't similar

https://youtu.be/Yfq91YLH3i0

Looks explosive to me

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2017, 02:45 PM

Wrong. There are several EE's in this game

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2017, 02:55 PM
https://youtu.be/Yfq91YLH3i0

Looks explosive to me

He is explosive. My post said, "Isn't as explosive."

Dear is explosive. No doubt. Just not as explosive as Akers.

msstate7
01-07-2017, 03:02 PM
He is explosive. My post said, "Isn't as explosive."

Dear is explosive. No doubt. Just not as explosive as Akers.
I do think Akers is gonna me a much, much better player in college than dear, but who knows? Dear did that vs aTm, while Akers is still in HS. If you just go by what recruiting services tell us, Malik Newman is much, much better than Q.

Oh and dear needs to be told to drop 20 lbs if he wants to stay in the slot

Maroons
01-07-2017, 03:07 PM

Bulovas is big-time.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Little Vinatieri is gonna leave this game with an LSU offer and screw us all over again.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Bulovas is big-time.

Big time Kicker......Mullen got OL Coach, Running Game Coordinator,Special Teams Coach, Assistant Head Coach Hevesy on him.

SailingDawg
01-07-2017, 06:26 PM

His little brother was wanting the Ohio State hat, hah!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2017, 07:18 PM
His little brother was wanting the Ohio State hat, hah!

That was another commitment where guy picked UCLA but that was funny

Jarius
01-07-2017, 09:02 PM
We are wasting Malik Dear in the slot. He needs to be a Brandon Holloway type tailback. I know he doesn't want to be but playing someone like him at receiver is ridiculous.

RougeDawg
01-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Man I hope so. I just knew Denico Autry was too...but he never really did much in terms of sacks or QB pressure

You ever think it's just our scheme that never gets a pass rush? No matter our DC, we cannot seem to get a pass rush and then our guys go to the league and all of a sudden develop a pass rush against NFL OLinemen? Doesn't make sense. I'm beginning to accept our defenses under Mullen will have DLine schemes that are more of a contain than an actual pass rush. Just seems to be the recurring theme and it's not like we havent had the the players or pass rushers. Look what they do on Sunday's now. Very frustrating and another limiting factor in MSU football success under Mullen.

msstate7
01-07-2017, 09:31 PM
You ever think it's just our scheme that never gets a pass rush? No matter our DC, we cannot seem to get a pass rush and then our guys go to the league and all of a sudden develop a pass rush against NFL OLinemen? Doesn't make sense. I'm beginning to accept our defenses under Mullen will have DLine schemes that are more of a contain than an actual pass rush. Just seems to be the recurring theme and it's not like we havent had the the players or pass rushers. Look what they do on Sunday's now. Very frustrating and another limiting factor in MSU football success under Mullen.

Sec ranks in sacks...
'16 -- 8th tied with auburn
'15 -- 5th tied with tenn
'14 -- 2nd

Reason2succeed
01-07-2017, 10:14 PM

I'm sure these kids can come up with more creative ways of doing it but the hat ceremony pulls in viewers from several fan bases so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the TV networks that push kids to do them. Having an Alabama and other huge fan bases glued in is a strategy for ratings.

Bass Chaser
01-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Sec ranks in sacks...
'16 -- 8th tied with auburn
'15 -- 5th tied with tenn
'14 -- 2nd

How does that rank in the West? What's the rank in hurries as compared to the West?

msstate7
01-07-2017, 10:34 PM
How does that rank in the West? What's the rank in hurries as compared to the West?

'16 -- tied with auburn and ark for 4th
'15 -- 4th
'14 -- 1st

Cfbstats.com doesn't list hurries

Bass Chaser
01-07-2017, 10:36 PM
Thanks