lamont
01-06-2017, 01:35 PM
https://twitter.com/TyeJiles13/status/817413518865682432

"Now currently weighing my options on where to play my Senior year ."

HoopsDawg
01-06-2017, 01:39 PM
https://twitter.com/TyeJiles13/status/817413518865682432

"Now currently weighing my options on where to play my Senior year ."

I thought this may happen. We have to get improved play from our secondary and we need roster space.

lamont
01-06-2017, 01:41 PM
We dont have 3 players better than him

confucius say
01-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Good kid. Wish him best. Prob time to move on for several reasons

Bothrops
01-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Why is a projected starter contemplating leaving?

HSVDawg
01-06-2017, 01:50 PM
For some reason I thought last year was his senior year. Seems like he's been here for a coon's age.

ETA: He has been in the program 5 full years already, so he must have already been awarded a medical RS.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Gave it his all & made some plays. Wish him all the best

http://i.imgur.com/1wsUY76.jpg

dawgday166
01-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Seems like he's been here 4 years and probably hasn't played 3 or 4 complete games. He's always injured. I don't think we'll miss him that much.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-06-2017, 01:53 PM
He won't be back. It was the right move he really regressed this year.

HoopsDawg
01-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Seems like he's been here 4 years and probably hasn't played 3 or 4 complete games. He's always injured. I don't think we'll miss him that much.
He's actually been here 5 years.

dawgday166
01-06-2017, 01:56 PM

I have never been that impressed with him. Peters has done more this past year than Jiles did in his time here. Not saying Peters is all-world yet but for a team that doesn't get a lot of picks, he had 2 at least.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2017, 01:57 PM

I liked Cedric a lot, unfortunately you're right.

Vandelay Industries
01-06-2017, 01:58 PM

Agreed. Thought he was very subpar this year

Ifyouonlyknew
01-06-2017, 01:58 PM
I liked Cedric a lot, unfortunately you're right.

He's a great young man it was just time.

thf24
01-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Why is a projected starter contemplating leaving?

I don't think he's projected starter even at this point. Durr, Peters, and maybe Smokey were better than him at the end of the year, Cleveland is coming back, Dantzler is supposed to be the real deal, and at least one of the highly rated JUCO guys will play corner.

Bubb Rubb
01-06-2017, 01:59 PM

Yeah, we do....our issues are less to do with talent in the secondary and more to do with scheme/style of play. Jiles clearly wasn't healthy and looked to have regressed.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2017, 02:01 PM
He's a great young man it was just time.

Agreed. Hard worker and great young man! He's been a great Dawg! Sad that the injuries took their toll.

confucius say
01-06-2017, 02:01 PM

Disagree

dawgday166
01-06-2017, 02:03 PM
I don't think he's projected starter even at this point. Durr, Peters, and maybe Smokey were better than him at the end of the year, Cleveland is coming back, Dantzler is supposed to be the real deal, and at least one of the highly rated JUCO guys will play corner.

Where is Stamps in this deal? Is he not panning out. I thought he might turn out pretty good.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2017, 02:03 PM

Have to feel like the coaches believe the guys they have been seeing in practice are better than him.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Where is Stamps in this deal? Is he not panning out. I thought he might turn out pretty good.

Because everyone compared him to Banks. We need to start comparing our CB recruits to Slay. That's the typical build & athleticism needed to play the position.

thf24
01-06-2017, 02:06 PM

Someone much more in the know than me can give a better answer, but as far as I know he's had continual problems with various injuries since he got here.

lamont
01-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Well, his ass was the only player close enough to a damn receiver to get a pick-6 this year. Smokey and Durr damn sure werent better

Ifyouonlyknew
01-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Well, his ass was the only player close enough to a damn receiver to get a pick-6 this year. Smokey and Durr damn sure werent better

The ball had to bounce off Judd head 3x for the pick. Smokey had 3 picks including a pick 6. I'm pretty sure Ward had a pick 6 also.

HSVDawg
01-06-2017, 02:12 PM
By my count, that now puts us at 59 scholarship players remaining before January including Logan Cooke and Kelan Chairs, (who I am not sure are permanent scholarship guys) as well as Tolando Cleveland. Add in the 9 JUCO signees and 4 EE's and that gets us to 72 spots at max. We currently only have 8 commitments and therefore have room to sign 5 more without any additional attrition. However, I'm assuming we'll have 4 or 5 more departures, so add another 5 to that total, plus a few to account for academic casualties. Long story short, we need to add probably at least 10 guys to the existing 8 commitments just to keep from being way short of the 85 man limit at the beginning of camp for the 3rd year in a row. That's a hell of a lot of work we may need to do with less than a month before signing day. Hopefully we close as well in February as we did in December.

dawgday166
01-06-2017, 02:12 PM
The ball had to bounce off Judd head 3x for the pick. Smokey had 3 picks including a pick 6. I'm pretty sure Ward had a pick 6 also.

And Peters had 2 TD saving picks. Of course he was beat on 1 and QB underthrew a little and he recovered.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-06-2017, 02:14 PM
By my count, that now puts us at 59 scholarship players remaining before January including Logan Cooke and Kelan Chairs, (who I am not sure are permanent scholarship guys) as well as Tolando Cleveland. Add in the 9 JUCO signees and 4 EE's and that gets us to 72 spots at max. We currently only have 8 commitments and therefore have room to sign 5 more without any additional attrition. However, I'm assuming we'll have 4 or 5 more departures, so add another 5 to that total, plus a few to account for academic casualties. Long story short, we need to add probably at least 10 guys to the existing 8 commitments just to keep from being way short of the 85 man limit at the beginning of camp for the 3rd year in a row. That's a hell of a lot of work we may need to do with less than a month before signing day. Hopefully we close as well in February as we did in December.

Cooke & Cleveland are on scholarship. Cooke has been on scholarship since he's been here.

HSVDawg
01-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Cooke & Cleveland are on scholarship. Cooke has been on scholarship since he's been here.

Thats what I figured on Cooke, but wasn't sure. With Cleveland I just didn't know if he got the extra year.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2017, 02:16 PM

Look, I love 99% of what you do, but I don't get your opinion here. Jiles was a good Bulldog, but a filler at best.

This is in no way a negative to our football program, & I don't quite get the angle of making it such.

louisvilledawg

Smokey wasn't good for most of the year, but he did have a pick 6 and an int off Jalen Hurts.

Ifyouonlyknew
Thats what I figured on Cooke, but wasn't sure. With Cleveland I just didn't know if he got the extra year.

He played as a true freshman so this was just a regular RS year for him.

HSVDawg
01-06-2017, 02:22 PM
He played as a true freshman so this was just a regular RS year for him.

Thats right. Slipped my mind.

dawgday166
01-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Because everyone compared him to Banks. We need to start comparing our CB recruits to Slay. That's the typical build & athleticism needed to play the position.

I wouldn't argue this. I thought Stamps was a tweener tho between Slay and Banks.

bulldawg28
01-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Wish him all the best.

I seen it dawg
01-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the contributions and good luck to you. Young guys need to show they can play. Forces them to get reps without old guy in front. Next up.

dawg27
01-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Yeah, we do....our issues are less to do with talent in the secondary and more to do with scheme/style of play. Jiles clearly wasn't healthy and looked to have regressed.

I believe it's got more to do with our lack of pass rush then our lack of secondary play them all wrong on that?

lamont
01-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Have to feel like the coaches believe the guys they have been seeing in practice are better than him.

I guess they thought Holloway and Shump were better than Aeris too huh?

reno hightower
01-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Look, I love 99% of what you do, but I don't get your opinion here. Jiles was a good Bulldog, but a filler at best.

This is in no way a negative to our football program, & I don't quite get the angle of making it such.

because its good for views and page building. im guessing--

HoopsDawg
01-06-2017, 02:45 PM
I guess they thought Holloway and Shump were better than Aeris too huh?

It's a good point, bc our coaches did continue to start Jiles.

lamont
01-06-2017, 02:46 PM
I know- we are gonna be awesome at CB next year and have 6 guys better than Jiles. Secondary is going to go from shitty to awesome.

Hail State

BB30
01-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Good dude, the guy stayed hurt though. I don't think he came close to making it through a full season his entire career here. Also, injuries do take a toll over time, he probably has lost a step or two since he first got here. Good Bulldog appreciate his time here. Corner can't get much worse with or without him, hopefully some of the other guys will start to step up. Peters looked better towards the end of the year, surely we will find a couple more that can play.

Cooterpoot
01-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Got to like all the processing we're doing to try to fix the problems.

Maroons
01-06-2017, 03:02 PM
I know- we are gonna be awesome at CB next year and have 6 guys better than Jiles. Secondary is going to go from shitty to awesome.

Hail State

Your agenda to convince the world that we're going to be terrible next year is already old and tired.

You have an opinion, but your massive ego doesn't make that opinion any better than the opinion of anybody else on this board who is halfway informed.

BeastMan
01-06-2017, 03:07 PM

Peters will lock 1 spot down. Don't forget the guy had never played the position until weeks in to fall camp. He showed big-time flashes. The other CB will be a dog fight between Durr, Smokey, Cleveland, and Smitherman now since we got all those juco safeties and we can get him back where he belongs. Next year will be MSU's best talent & play at CB in years.

HSVDawg
01-06-2017, 03:09 PM

Hail State

Give me a break. We had one guy that actually played in the secondary last year that isn't expendable and that was Peters, and even he came on late. Any (or even all) of the remaining players that saw the field could leave and we couldn't be any worse.

Bothrops
01-06-2017, 03:32 PM
I sometimes don't trust what our coaches think, but Cedric Jiles was a very good player who's career was hampered by injuries. If not for the injuries he would have had a big time career at State.

lamont
01-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Your agenda to convince the world that we're going to be terrible next year is already old and tired.

You have an opinion, but your massive ego doesn't make that opinion any better than the opinion of anybody else on this board who is halfway informed.

I dont think we will be terrible next year. We will be better than we were this year. So stop the agenda bullshit. All Ive said is we wont be an 8 win team

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-06-2017, 03:52 PM
I appreciate all that Ced put into it. He gave it his all. I was really impressed with him his freshman year in that he wasn't afraid to stick his nose in it, so to speak. He was fearless and that was a great trait as a freshman as he was learning. Unfortunately, the injuries kept him from reaching his full potential.

Who does OM play non conference next year? That would be a good place to start looking for schools Ced. Put it on them one more time!

confucius say
01-06-2017, 04:00 PM

Hail State

Nobody is saying that.

RezDog7
01-06-2017, 04:52 PM

Hail State

The secondary will be much better next year with or without Jiles.

MaroonFlounder
01-06-2017, 05:10 PM
THis is the first year he has been healthy. To say he regressed is stupid.

Goldendawg
01-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Hey, since we are processing players for better performance and results in 2017, is it too late to process a certain O coach for better recruiting and results against big name SEC teams at his position group? I think this board has one in mind. What's fair for a player at his plateau is fair for a coach, who's tumbling downhill in some areas. Just thinking.

1bigdawg
01-06-2017, 09:03 PM

Great. This gives Hev a chance to slip an OL away from Alabama State and maybe another from Belhaven. Flipmas.**

NeshobaChuck
01-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Was told by him that it might be LSU

msstate7
01-07-2017, 01:28 PM

That's hilarious

BankerDog
01-07-2017, 02:26 PM
This wasn't Ced's decision. He was looking forward to coming back. He is a GREAT Bulldog and loves this school and the fans; no reason to tear him down.

From all accounts it'll be Peters on one side and Cleveland/Durr/Dantzler battling for the next side.

Also look for some shake up at the safeties (specifically #1)

msstate7
01-07-2017, 02:28 PM
This wasn't Ced's decision. He was looking forward to coming back. He is a GREAT Bulldog and loves this school and the fans; no reason to tear him down.

From all accounts it'll be Peters on one side and Cleveland/Durr/Dantzler battling for the next side.

Also look for some shake up at the safeties (specifically #1)

Should Bryant get a look at WR?

BankerDog
01-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Should Bryant get a look at WR?

He can start with getting his head out of his ass. Stop being an All-American motivation speaker and start working.

Really Clark?
01-07-2017, 02:42 PM
He can start with getting his head out of his ass. Stop being an All-American motivation speaker and start working.

How much of his issues this year was letting the personal stuff that happened effect his play?

BankerDog
01-07-2017, 02:53 PM
How much of his issues this year was letting the personal stuff that happened effect his play?

I couldn't imagine losing my dad in college. I know he is still taking that hard. Really hard. But at the same point in time, we're talking about a guy openly telling people about going to the NFL and how he was going to roll into Training Camp. I think he got into his head to not get hurt, etc. and it effected his play a lot. I'm glad we brought in Abrams and Cole. It'll make him go a whole lot harder and push himself to get better.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2017, 02:59 PM
I couldn't imagine losing my dad in college. I know he is still taking that hard. Really hard. But at the same point in time, we're talking about a guy openly telling people about going to the NFL and how he was going to roll into Training Camp. I think he got into his head to not get hurt, etc. and it effected his play a lot. I'm glad we brought in Abrams and Cole. It'll make him go a whole lot harder and push himself to get better.

Appears to me that Bryant lacks a big hunk of self awareness. Maturity can solve that sometimes, & let's hope that's what happens

I remember his recruitment being kind of funny & odd. Like he didn't get it.

Nothing he's done since has disproven that

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2017, 03:01 PM

So... Jiles told you he may go to LSU?

Was it a situation where you took a capital I for a capital L & he really mean Iowa State?

http://i.imgur.com/jsKCnV3.gif

Really Clark?
01-07-2017, 03:03 PM

Yeah. I can see that and still think he has the talent to make it happen. But he has to be pushed to be much better than last year. He won't sniff the NFL playing like he did.

bulldawg28
01-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Yeah. I can see that and still think he has the talent to make it happen. But he has to be pushed to be much better than last year. He won't sniff the NFL playing like he did.

If he plays like last year he won't play much on the field next year at State.

QuadrupleOption
01-08-2017, 12:34 AM
I have to say I don't like the idea of cutting a guy who's been in the program for 5(?) years - especially one that's been a starter. If nothing else he can provide some leadership to the underclassmen.

I know, I know - it's a business. I still don't like it.

BayouDawg
01-08-2017, 12:46 AM
We probably won't even get close to the 85 limit again, so why process him? It's not like we need to create room. I just don't understand our roster management.