PDA

View Full Version : Winter weather

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2017, 09:36 AM
If you live up near the Memphis area you are already well aware of the snow today. I have also gotten reports of snow in Grenada, Lake Village, AR, and Winona. I'm thinking this storm may be a bit more potent than they were first thinking, but have to see how it plays out. Use this thread to post road conditions where you are.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Snow and sleet moving into Golden Triangle. WTVA has tweeted that road conditions are expected to deteriorate rapidly and that travel is not advised.

Bucky Dog
01-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Absolutely been pouring sleet and some snow in Jackson earlier.

Bdawg
01-06-2017, 10:11 AM
Was taking kids to school and had to help with a head on collision this morning because of ice. Airbags saved the woman's life it appeared. Going to take the jaws of life to cut her out though. Took the kids home after emergency services showed up. This was in the delta area south of Greenville

Update: woman broke her arm, shoulder and ankle, but is going to be ok in the long run

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2017, 10:13 AM
Reports of a fatal wreck in north MS where a truck went air born across a median and peeled the top off of a car traveling in the opposite direction.

confucius say
01-06-2017, 10:21 AM
1 car wreck on 55 south just north of Lakeland drive exit in Jackson. Car slid into median.

Dawgbite
01-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Amory/ Monroe County, nothing here yet other than a few flurries. I have had trucks out all morning and they have reported snow north of Hwy78/ I22 and sleet south of Hwy 82.

CrosscityDawg
01-06-2017, 12:02 PM
About 1" to an 1 1/2" of snow in North Corinth. Lots of accidents on hwy 72 reported.

Dawghouse
01-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Any weather guys have an outlook for the rest of the day. I'm supposed to take my son to Madison from Louisville for a birthday party. Worried we won't be able to get back home this evening.

the59dawg
01-06-2017, 01:39 PM
A little sleet in W. Point around 900a. Has already melted and roads drying. Sun even tried to peek out a few min ago.

msbulldog
01-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Was taking kids to school and had to help with a head on collision this morning because of ice. Airbags saved the woman's life it appeared. Going to take the jaws of life to cut her out though. Took the kids home after emergency services showed up. This was in the delta area south of Greenville

Update: woman broke her arm, shoulder and ankle, but is going to be ok in the long run

I lived on Lake Washington when I was a kid.

louisvilledawg
01-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Any weather guys have an outlook for the rest of the day. I'm supposed to take my son to Madison from Louisville for a birthday party. Worried we won't be able to get back home this evening.

Bruh you from Louisville?? We should be friends

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2017, 03:26 PM
A little sleet in W. Point around 900a. Has already melted and roads drying. Sun even tried to peek out a few min ago.

SPC just released a discussion stating significant icing possible in central ms this evening which would include Louisville and Jackson.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-06-2017, 03:58 PM
SPC just released a discussion stating significant icing possible in central ms this evening which would include Louisville and Jackson.

Dusted the ground in Hamilton this morning, already gone. About to leave work and head back to Columbus.

Dallas_Dawg
01-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Snowing pretty hard in Dallas.
Have a couple more hours of it apparently.
Just took 2 hours to go 35 miles

Bully13
01-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Snowing pretty hard in Dallas.
Have a couple more hours of it apparently.
Just took 2 hours to go 35 miles

17. I gotta go from flower mound to n.ft worth. 40 minutes under NORMAL circumstances.