PDA

View Full Version : Dak Interview

Reason2succeed
01-06-2017, 08:21 AM
IMO Dak is not a star in the NFL. He is now a superstar. He has a chance to be THE NFL superstar depending on how the playoffs go because he plays the most visible position on the most visible team. I'm so proud of this dude. Where do I donate for the Dak statue outside of Davis Wade?***

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Dak-Prescott-speaks-on-Tony-Romo-lack-of-a-girlfriend-and-more-50301156

smootness
01-06-2017, 09:02 AM
I agree that he has now busted into superstar status. It's only been a year, but it's probably the craziest rookie year in NFL history considering everything involved.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Here is the video interview that all that is taken from. Really good watch.

I just find Dak's maturity, perspective, & leadership skills to be unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR2NXOrZnac

Commercecomet24
01-06-2017, 09:30 AM
I'm 52 and I've waited my whole life for State to have a QB star in the NFL(apologies to Joe Reed). Not only is Dak a star with the most visible team in the NFL, he's a better person than he is a football player! He's the total package and he's earned every bit of it! We have all waited a long time and I would say Dak was worth the wait!

gtowndawg
01-06-2017, 09:42 AM
I read an article yesterday that basically said the Cowboys saved the season for the NFL. Something like 7 of the top 8 rated games were Cowboy games. So is it crazy to say Dak saved the NFL???

smootness
01-06-2017, 10:12 AM
I read an article yesterday that basically said the Cowboys saved the season for the NFL. Something like 7 of the top 8 rated games were Cowboy games. So is it crazy to say Dak saved the NFL???

A little bit, yes haha. The Cowboys are very good, and people will always watch when the Cowboys are very good. Were Dak on the Eagles and having this kind of success, people wouldn't be watching to that extent.

Although, you can certainly argue that the Cowboys are very, very good in large part due to Dak, so...

Dawgface
01-06-2017, 10:16 AM

He got me to start watching NFL games again. I think I've watched all but 2 he has played in. Dak sure is well spoken and is so at ease with any interview. I would have been all tongue tangled....particularly at his age.

DancingRabbit
01-06-2017, 10:28 AM
How man NFL stars have signed a tatoo of themselves? LOL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1fM9OGVQAE86zL.jpg

gtowndawg
01-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Great interview, but sort of a small time production. Wonder how Clutts got him to sit down for 30 minutes? The Jason Whiten story was great.

SaintDawg
01-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Not taking anything away from Dak, and I never will, but if Mullen can do the same thing with Fitz and Key that he did with Dak... You will see MAJOR changes in our football program. Mississippi State will become a household name.

Reason2succeed
01-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Not taking anything away from Dak, and I never will, but if Mullen can do the same thing with Fitz and Key that he did with Dak... You will see MAJOR changes in our football program. Mississippi State will become a household name.

That's assuming we don't fire him first for sticking with Hev or Peter Sirmon.***

Cooterpoot
01-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Well, year 2 in the NFL will be tough. But it sure is good to hear "Dak Prescott from Mississippi State" every time I play Madden.

K9 Avenger
01-06-2017, 10:48 AM
That's assuming we don't fire him first for sticking with Hev or Peter Sirmon.***

Or letting Paul Gainer "decommit"**

SaintDawg
01-06-2017, 10:50 AM
IMO, if it came down to it and Cohen says "they go, or you go" I think Mullen would cut them loose. It's terrible that this may be what it takes for it to happen.

HSVDawg
01-06-2017, 10:57 AM
How man NFL stars have signed a tatoo of themselves? LOL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1fM9OGVQAE86zL.jpg

Who is that woman who's face is above and to the right of Dak in the tattoo?

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2017, 11:02 AM

Just throwing out a wild guess here, but it could be Tanya Tucker. Her song, " Texas When I die" is the Cowboys touchdown song. Compare this album picture to the tattoo picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBVa_NqONf4

RocketDawg
01-06-2017, 11:16 AM

At first glance it looked like Hillary to me.

RocketDawg
01-06-2017, 11:19 AM
IMO, if it came down to it and Cohen says "they go, or you go" I think Mullen would cut them loose. It's terrible that this may be what it takes for it to happen.

Do you think it's possible that Cohen doesn't share the opinion of Hevesy that a few posters on here have? Or maybe, having been a coach himself, he doesn't want to usurp the coach's "right" to name his own assistants.

smootness
01-06-2017, 12:24 PM

There's about a 0% chance of that happening. Why would you back yourself into that corner if you're Cohen?

SaintDawg
01-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Do you think it's possible that Cohen doesn't share the opinion of Hevesy that a few posters on here have? Or maybe, having been a coach himself, he doesn't want to usurp the coach's "right" to name his own assistants.
Absolutely possible.

I don't want to think that a head coach would be given an ultimatum like that. "Fire them or we fire you" is just a shitty way of doing things and should only be used when all other avenues of action have been exhausted. Case in point is yesterday when Sean Payton fired 5 assistant coaches. I'm sure that was the case after three 7-9 seasons.

HSVDawg
01-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Just throwing out a wild guess here, but it could be Tanya Tucker. Her song, " Texas When I die" is the Cowboys touchdown song. Compare this album picture to the tattoo picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBVa_NqONf4

Interesting choice. I was hoping it wasn't Peggy Prescott, because there is a pink breast cancer ribbon on the one building adjacent to Dak, and he's doing his point to the sky gesture to honor his mom. That would be beyond creepy if someone who wasn't family got that tattoo. Not that getting a football player tattoooed on your body isn't a little creepy anyway....

Commercecomet24
01-06-2017, 12:46 PM

This guy gets it.

I seen it dawg
01-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Dak interview......

Commercecomet24
01-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Dak interview......

You right, we seem to get off topic pretty quick.

I seen it dawg
01-06-2017, 12:58 PM
I understand it happens...Just sayin...there's a hot thread actually talking about firing Hevesy just below..keep this one what it should be.

SaintDawg
01-06-2017, 01:26 PM
My fault