PDA

View Full Version : Les Miles talking to Minnesota

lamont
01-05-2017, 08:39 PM
that would be interesting. His offense fits in the frozen tundra. Fleck or Miles- good luck Gophers

msstate7
01-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Fleck... no doubt about it

Dawg61
01-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Is frozen grass considered al dente?

TUSK
01-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Les in the B1G????

lemme guess:

Miles > Meyer & Harbaugh?

Dawg61
01-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Les in the B1G????

lemme guess:

Miles > Meyer & Harbaugh?

Never gonna let him forget he once said Miles>Saban are ya haha

msstate7
01-05-2017, 09:53 PM

Does random let us forget when he's right about something?

TUSK
01-05-2017, 09:58 PM
Guys, Guys.... Can't we allll just get along?

remember, "it's courage to accept me...."......

smootness
01-05-2017, 10:02 PM

Wait...this happened?

TUSK
01-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Wait...this happened?

Oh

Em

Gee

Dawg61
01-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Wait...this happened?

Yea haha long ago in a far off time C34 once vehemently defended Miles as better than Saban. Think it was when this happened.

https://youtu.be/IDX9cmVBQSQ

lamont
01-05-2017, 10:41 PM
Wait...this happened?

In 2011 when LSU won the SEC

lamont
01-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Miles refused to change- Saban didnt. There is your difference

TimberBeast
01-05-2017, 10:46 PM

No that's not the difference, the difference in 2011 is that Miles was still riding Saban's coattails.

Liverpooldawg
01-05-2017, 10:47 PM

Did that actually happen?!?!

lamont
01-05-2017, 10:49 PM
No that's not the difference, the difference in 2011 is that Miles was still riding Saban's coattails.

Bullshit. Nick Saban did not have 1 player on the team in 2011- he left after the 2004 season. Thats 7 years later.

TimberBeast
01-05-2017, 11:06 PM
Bullshit. Nick Saban did not have 1 player on the team in 2011- he left after the 2004 season. Thats 7 years later.

No but he was still living off of Saban's fanbase and being able to open the door and having just about any recruit in the country walk in. Without Saban, Miles would have lasted 5 years tops. He actually ended up doing better than I ever thought he would in the end, but he wouldn't have done any of that without the built in advantages that Saban handed him.

TUSK
01-05-2017, 11:09 PM
I dunno about who recruited "this cat" or who recruited "that cat"... but I do know this....

Les is EXACTLY who I thought he was from day one... enigmatic, yet likable... great recruiter and a "player's coach".... terrible game manager with worse clock management skills... oft times, LSU won IN SPITE of him... He batted 1.000 on some wacky Les "MadHatter" calls for a few years and then he backed his way into a NC that would make the '11 Bammer NC Team embarrassed...

Let me be clear, Les Miles SUCKS as a head coach (provided he is within a 1000 mile radius of MDL...)

I openly wept when the coonasses finally figured it out 5-6 years after the fact, and put him outta his misery....

Dawg61
01-05-2017, 11:12 PM
In 2011 when LSU won the SEC

I had always heard a rumor that right before the National Championship game LSU's offensive line approached Miles and told him to play the backup QB (sorry forgot the name) or they would throw the game. Miles called their bluff and played the starter but they weren't bluffing. Any truth to this anyone? That was the beginning of the end for Miles. He had the better team that year and shit the bed. Never fully recovered from it.

TUSK
01-05-2017, 11:14 PM
I had always heard a rumor that right before the National Championship game LSU's offensive line approached Miles and told him to play the backup QB (sorry forgot the name) or they would throw the game. Miles called their bluff and played the starter but they weren't bluffing. Any truth to this anyone? That was the beginning of the end for Miles. He had the better team that year and shit the bed. Never fully recovered from it.

I heard the same thing... regardless, Les gets the credit for how that thing went...

We'll just have to disagree on who had the better team, however...

lamont
01-05-2017, 11:33 PM
Bama should have never been in the NC game- should have been Ok State

sandwolf
01-05-2017, 11:38 PM

Haha, this is proof positive that it is a complete waste of time to argue with any of your hot takes.....if you won't just flat admit how wrong and idiotic you were on this, then you never will.

TUSK
01-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Bama should have never been in the NC game- should have been Ok State

According to the "goal" of the BCS, Bammer absolutely should have been there... the goal was to put the "Two best teams" in the NC Game...

The BCS did what it was set up to do and the best team won the NC that year... It's not Bammer's fault Mike "I'm 40" Gundy couldn't beat a terrible Iowa State team...

dawgday166
01-05-2017, 11:46 PM
According to the "goal" of the BCS, Bammer absolutely should have been there... the goal was to put the "Two best teams" in the NC Game...

The BCS did what it was set up to do and the best team won the NC that year... It's not Bammer's fault Mike "I'm 40" Gundy couldn't beat a terrible Iowa State team...

This is why I say God smiles on Bammer and its fans in football.

And now Trump's been elected and he and Saban be mates ... free trailer insurance, rehab and teeth for all. **** It just keeps gettin better and better for y'all **

lamont
01-05-2017, 11:47 PM
Haha, this is proof positive that it is a complete waste of time to argue with any of your hot takes.....if you won't just flat admit how wrong and idiotic you were on this, then you never will.

I'll type slower so hopefully your mongoloid self can understand.

Saban and Miles ran the same offense in the early 2000's. Saban recognized the offensive revolution college football was experiencing- and changed hi offense accordingly. Hell- just look at this season. He has Lane Kiffin- a WCO guy- running the zone read with an athlete at QB. Not a dropback guy. Saban evolved with the game in his 60's.

Miles was running the same offense in 2016 that he ran in 2004. It wasnt working anymore. Especially when you have Harris, Jennings, and Jefferson as your QB's. A classic dropback passer they are not. He refused to evolve- and this was ultimately his downfall. Just look at our last 2 games vs LSU- Miles had 2+TD leads in the 4th Q of both games and acted like he was up 30 points in both. Even though he won both- he damn lost them because of refusing to realize how quick-strike offenses exist on CFB these days. He simply refused to evolve as a coach. He kept coaching in 2000 mode

lamont
01-05-2017, 11:48 PM

totally disagree. Ok State earned the right to be there. Bama finished 3rd in the SEC that year

TUSK
01-05-2017, 11:50 PM
This is why I say God smiles on Bammer and its fans in football.

And now Trump's been elected and he and Saban be mates ... free trailer insurance, rehab and teeth for all. **** It just keeps gettin better and better for y'all **

Dude, it's tough bein' me, daddio.... I'm just gonna be really sad when MDL retires in 2022ish.....

TUSK
01-05-2017, 11:52 PM
totally disagree. Ok State earned the right to be there. Bama finished 3rd in the SEC that year

I appreciate your point of view... And I applaud your courage in expressing it....

No.

edit: also, "deserve" has nothing to do with it.... (see Cadavaer on this one)...

dawgday166
01-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Dude, it's tough bein' me, daddio.... I'm just gonna be really sad when MDL retires in 2022ish.....

Man ... I feel your paaaaiiiinn **** This why I'm ecstatic all the time as a State fan *

confucius say
01-05-2017, 11:58 PM

No way. Go look at ok st schedule. And they lost to a terrible Iowa state that had a losing record and was 3-6 in the big 12. Bama's only loss was in overtime to Lsu

dawgday166
01-06-2017, 12:03 AM
I appreciate your point of view... And I applaud your courage in expressing it....

No.

edit: also, "deserve" has nothing to do with it.... (see Cadavaer on this one)...

So that's what courage looks like ***

I'm a little confused tho ... he be resisting not accepting Tusk?

TUSK
01-06-2017, 12:06 AM
So that's what courage looks like ***

I'm a little confused tho ... he be resisting not accepting Tusk?

No, He's "accepted" TUSK...just in denial 'bout it....

Now that you mention it, there may be "Stages of TUSK".... hmmmmmmmm

dawgday166
01-06-2017, 12:16 AM
No, He's "accepted" TUSK...just in denial 'bout it....

Now that you mention it, there may be "Stages of TUSK".... hmmmmmmmm

Takes a while to build courage. 12 step program may be the answer.

DancingRabbit
01-06-2017, 12:26 AM

I was watching that game in a bar in Dallas. Most of the crowd was pulling for LSU. By the 3rd quarter no one could believe Les didn't pull Jefferson and put in Jarrett Lee. Even the group of black guys next to us were yelling "put the white dude in!"

TUSK
01-06-2017, 12:30 AM
I was watching that game in a bar in Dallas. Most of the crowd was pulling for LSU. By the 3rd quarter no one could believe Les didn't pull Jefferson and put in Jarrett Lee. Even the group of black guys next to us were yelling "put the white dude in!"

I don't think "Pick 6" Lee could have saved them, but he wouldn't have made the rape LSU was enduring any worse...

I woulda taken the chance, myself... It was a very interesting game, in person, in NOLA...

sandwolf
01-06-2017, 12:50 AM
He simply refused to evolve as a coach. He kept coaching in 2000 mode

It doesn't matter what mode Les Miles was in....he has never been on Saban's level as a coach.

BB30
01-06-2017, 09:38 AM

Saban and Miles ran the same offense in the early 2000's. Saban recognized the offensive revolution college football was experiencing- and changed hi offense accordingly. Hell- just look at this season. He has Lane Kiffin- a WCO guy- running the zone read with an athlete at QB. Not a dropback guy. Saban evolved with the game in his 60's.

Miles was running the same offense in 2016 that he ran in 2004. It wasnt working anymore. Especially when you have Harris, Jennings, and Jefferson as your QB's. A classic dropback passer they are not. He refused to evolve- and this was ultimately his downfall. Just look at our last 2 games vs LSU- Miles had 2+TD leads in the 4th Q of both games and acted like he was up 30 points in both. Even though he won both- he damn lost them because of refusing to realize how quick-strike offenses exist on CFB these days. He simply refused to evolve as a coach. He kept coaching in 2000 mode

And, refusing to evolve as a coach doesn't=shi**y coach?

smootness
01-06-2017, 10:02 AM

That sounds like the dumbest rumor ever. If any players were actively throwing the national title game because of a disagreement over who started at QB, they are the absolute worst.

smootness
01-06-2017, 10:08 AM

...except Saban then beat Miles in the NC game and won the NC the next year also with that same offense...and then was undefeated the year after that before an insane fluke play cost him the Auburn game.

Saban may have felt changing offenses was necessary, and he's certainly continued his success since, but there's no indication he needed to do that to continue winning national titles.

Dawg61
01-06-2017, 10:35 AM
That sounds like the dumbest rumor ever. If any players were actively throwing the national title game because of a disagreement over who started at QB, they are the absolute worst.

Tusk heard the same rumor exactly as I heard it and we don't live within 8 hours of each other. Apparently Jefferson had been doing a lot of partying the week before the game to the point the offensive line felt he didn't deserve to lead them on the field. They approached Miles and told him what Jefferson had been upto and that they weren't going to block for him so he better put in Lee if he wanted to win. He started Jefferson knowing full well that it meant mutiny from his OL.

smootness
01-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Tusk heard the same rumor exactly as I heard it and we don't live within 8 hours of each other. Apparently Jefferson had been doing a lot of partying the week before the game to the point the offensive line felt he didn't deserve to lead them on the field. They approached Miles and told him what Jefferson had been upto and that they weren't going to block for him so he better put in Lee if he wanted to win. He started Jefferson knowing full well that it meant mutiny from his OL.

That still sounds dumb. 'He doesn't deserve to lead us onto the field to help us compete for the national title, so if he plays, we won't compete for the national title.' If your issue with a player is that he isn't in it enough, how is a proper response to give up and refuse to be in it?

I'm not necessarily saying the rumor is wrong, just that it sounds really stupid and that if it's true, I don't really blame Miles. It sounds like he was stuck with a QB who didn't care enough and an OL who didn't care enough.

Dawg61
01-06-2017, 10:55 AM
That still sounds dumb. 'He doesn't deserve to lead us onto the field to help us compete for the national title, so if he plays, we won't compete for the national title.' If your issue with a player is that he isn't in it enough, how is a proper response to give up and refuse to be in it?

I'm not necessarily saying the rumor is wrong, just that it sounds really stupid and that if it's true, I don't really blame Miles. It sounds like he was stuck with a QB who didn't care enough and an OL who didn't care enough.

Yea there wasn't much Miles could do. He had to start the starting QB in the Natty or he'd get roasted by their fans. Lee did come in later in the game but they still couldn't move the ball at all with either QB.

DancingRabbit
01-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Yea there wasn't much Miles could do. He had to start the starting QB in the Natty or he'd get roasted by their fans. Lee did come in later in the game but they still couldn't move the ball at all with either QB.

I'm pretty sure Lee never came into the game.

Dawg61
01-06-2017, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Lee never came into the game.

Wow you're correct and LSU only had 92 yards of total offense for the entire game! Unbelievable

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=320090099

Really Clark?
01-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Well I guess Les can drop in on Western MI and see if they are interested.

I seen it dawg
01-06-2017, 01:40 PM
He went to Jamal Adams presser today. Dude is a class act. No one can deny that.

TUSK
01-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Wow you're correct and LSU only had 92 yards of total offense for the entire game! Unbelievable

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=320090099

Yep, and I remember the remaining LSU fans giving a standing ovation when they finally crossed the 50, that one time, midway through the 4th....

Dawg61
01-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Yep, and I remember the remaining LSU fans giving a standing ovation when they finally crossed the 50, that one time, midway through the 4th....

Haha I remember that too, still hilarious