PDA

View Full Version : OT: As anyone been watching Skip & Shannon on FS1?

gtowndawg
01-04-2017, 04:51 PM
I have an office at home so I can leave it on there for a while in the mornings. It comes on at 9am.

I know Skip gets on people's nerves, but he and Shannon have great chemistry. Skip and Stephen Smith = nails on the chalkboard to me. But not this show.

And Shannon has some straight up hilarious, rural country Georgia says. He also gives GREAT insight into the NFL. I'm talking specifics on players, positions, behind the scenes in the NFL.

Added bonus, Skip loves him some Dak Prescott ("the rookie from Mississippi State" has I've heard him say multiple times)!

edited to add an interesting convo about TO and the HOF from today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtH8gHI1h4Y

SaintDawg
01-04-2017, 05:28 PM
I have an office at home

Quit braggin';)

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-04-2017, 06:00 PM
I don't care for the show. Every time I've seen it, it's been the same format. Skip acts like a geeked up fan and rants about whatever the subject is, then Shannon comes in after and condenscendingly stomps down everything Skip just said.

What really turned me off though was when they brought on Kanye West for his hot take on politics before the election. I've pretty much dumped ESPN for FS1 specifically because they don't try to inject politics or agendas into their shows. So that segment was really disappointing.

Colin Cowherd is by far my favorite sports talk guy though. So take my opinion for what it's worth. I know a lot of people here don't care for him.

gtowndawg
01-04-2017, 06:37 PM
What really turned me off though was when they brought on Kanye West for his hot take on politics before the election. I've pretty much dumped ESPN for FS1 specifically because they don't try to inject politics or agendas into their shows. So that segment was really disappointing.

I just started watching the last week or two so I didn't see that. But I agree with you, that would turn me off quick. If they do that much, I'll look for something else pretty quickly.

shoeless joe
01-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Much better than first take simply because it doesn't have A Smith. At one time I liked him but ever since he's gotten "big" he uses his platform to boost his boys. He will always cowtow to one of his perceived boys and then blast someone else for doing the same thing. And it usually involves race...which espn loves of course.

Because of all that I've watched this new show a few times and it's not great...Shannon isn't a very quick thinker but I'm one of the few that has always liked skip. The thing about him is that he's rite a hell of a lot. He just has the unpopular opinion. His cowboys act does run a little old BUT since dak is playing for them I can enjoy that as well.

Bucky Dog
01-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Much better than first take simply because it doesn't have A Smith. At one time I liked him but ever since he's gotten "big" he uses his platform to boost his boys. He will always cowtow to one of his perceived boys and then blast someone else for doing the same thing. And it usually involves race...which espn loves of course.

Because of all that I've watched this new show a few times and it's not great...Shannon isn't a very quick thinker but I'm one of the few that has always liked skip. The thing about him is that he's rite a hell of a lot. He just has the unpopular opinion. His cowboys act does run a little old BUT since dak is playing for them I can enjoy that as well.

Stephen A Smith is unbearable! Please take him off of TV!!!

fader2103
01-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Never seen it. I don't have an office at home