PDA

View Full Version : Question about the COI and NCAA.

Jack Lambert
01-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Are the members of the COI separate from the NCAA? I guess what I am asking are they independent.

missouridawg
01-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Not sure I can answer you specifically, but Greg Sankey is on the COI, I believe. Not sure I'd consider him independent.

sandwolf
01-04-2017, 04:31 PM
LINK (http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=1INFRACTION)

Division
Committee Positions
Title
Name & Institution
Conference
Term
Expiration

FBS
Chair
Commissioner
Gregory Sankey
Southeastern Conference
Southeastern Conference
AUG 2019

FBS
Deputy Director of Athletics
Melissa L. Conboy
University of Notre Dame
Atlantic Coast Conference
AUG 2017

FBS
Vice-Chair
FAR
Eleanor W. Myers
Temple University
American Athletic Conference
AUG 2018

FBS
Former President
Michael F. Adams
University of Georgia
Southeastern Conference
AUG 2017*

FBS
Provost and Vice President for Academic
Joyce McConnell
West Virginia University
Big 12 Conference
AUG 2019*

FBS
Senior VP for Student Affairs
Thomas Hill
Iowa State University
Big 12 Conference
AUG 2018*

FBS
VP for Athletic Compliance
David Roberts
University of Southern California
Pac-12 Conference
AUG 2018*

FCS
Professor/Dean
Alberto Gonzales
Belmont University
Ohio Valley Conference
AUG 2017*

FCS
University Counsel
Sankar Suryanarayan
Princeton University
The Ivy League
AUG 2019*

DI
AD
Greg Christopher
Xavier University
Big East Conference
AUG 2018*

DI
Chancellor
Gary L. Miller
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
Horizon League
AUG 2018*

DI
Deputy Commissioner and Chief Operating Officer
Vincent Nicastro
Big East Conference
Big East Conference
AUG 2019*

Attorney
Jill Pilgrim
Pilgrim Associates

AUG 2017*

Attorney
John Black
National Federation of State High School Associations

AUG 2017

Attorney
Stephen Madva
Montgomery, McCracken, Walker & Rhoades, LLP

AUG 2019*

Attorney
William Bock III
Kroger, Gardis & Regas LLP

AUG 2019*

Executive Director
Britton Banowsky
College Football Playoff Foundation

AUG 2017

Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Larry Parkinson
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission

AUG 2017*

Former AD
Joel Maturi

AUG 2019*

Former Head Coach
Joe Novak

AUG 2017*

Former President
Carol Cartwright

AUG 2019*

Bobby Cremins

AUG 2019*

JoseBrown
01-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Probably all independent from the NCAA office. Don't know how they are selected, but I'd imagine you could find the answer somewhere on Google.

Bodaski
01-04-2017, 07:25 PM
I believe I read that Sankey will have to exclude himself since a member SEC school is involved and he is the sitting conference president.

MedDawg
01-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Notable on that list: Michael F. Adams, former President of the University of Georgia. He was still UGA President when OM snagged Tunsil from them.

Tripp McNeely
01-04-2017, 08:04 PM
http://3rdand57.com/is-uga-posturing-at-ole-miss/

Interesting read

msstate7
01-04-2017, 08:10 PM
http://3rdand57.com/is-uga-posturing-at-ole-miss/

Interesting read

Think OM lawyers are fighting hard to get Adams recused?

Bubb Rubb
01-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Are the members of the COI separate from the NCAA? I guess what I am asking are they independent.

The investigation team and the COI are separate. The investigators present their findings to the COI and they rule on it.

Better put, the investigators are the prosecutors and the COI is the judge and jury.

That's why it's BS when you here the Rebs, or anyone else, say they know what the penalties are, or that they're negotiating the penalties. The case hasn't gone before the COI yet.

coachnorm
01-05-2017, 12:44 PM
In theory they are separate: In reality they aren't. Just look at the USC Todd McNair litigation. The official court record shows communication of COI and investigators. The Court has made findings that the NCAA did not follow it's own regulations and showed blatant disregard of common law. The findings have been brought to light because McNair's legal team was granted unfettered access to the NCAA's mainframe which had incriminating evidence therein?

msbulldog
01-05-2017, 01:56 PM
I smell bear scat!

Reason2succeed
01-05-2017, 02:30 PM
In theory they are separate: In reality they aren't. Just look at the USC Todd McNair litigation. The official court record shows communication of COI and investigators. The Court has made findings that the NCAA did not follow it's own regulations and showed blatant disregard of common law. The findings have been brought to light because McNair's legal team was granted unfettered access to the NCAA's mainframe which had incriminating evidence therein?

Where did you go to law school?

coachnorm
01-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Where did you go to law school?

I did not go to law school, I just have a JC and Technical education to support my primary job to work on F/A-18 Navy Fighters. I have been a walk on football coach as a second job. I tried to attach the Court rulings to give you a possible acceptable look of the facts how the NCAA and COI inter relate. I could not attach the PDF files in Elitedawgs. The PDF files are readable and concise: They show on point examples on how the NCAA and COI do what they want to do regardless of the rules. If anyone wants to get the information, they do not need law school to understand the facts. Google "Todd McNair" appellate rulings and save the public files.

Mjoelner34
01-05-2017, 09:49 PM
I remember reading some of the findings from the McNair case when he was able to sue and get access to the emails of the investigators. Several of them communicated back and forth via email that they had no evidence on him but they 'knew' he was dirty so they were going to hammer him anyway even with the lack of evidence.