PDA

View Full Version : Spoon

Dawg61
01-04-2017, 10:24 AM
if he's to have surgery tomorrow how long would his recovery take? I think he needs to do the surgery even if it means missing all of next year too. He isn't nearly the same player right now and that's understandable. He is a warrior for attempting to play through it but he needs to look out for his future NBA career. Do the surgery now. **** this season we are garbage no matter what.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2017, 10:28 AM
if he's to have surgery tomorrow how long would his recovery take? I think he needs to do the surgery even if it means missing all of next year too. He isn't nearly the same player right now and that's understandable. He is a warrior for attempting to play through it but he needs to look out for his future NBA career. Do the surgery now. **** this season we are garbage no matter what.

He scored 25 in the game before Bama.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
01-04-2017, 10:35 AM
He was outstanding the game before . He had one bad game and your calling for surgery?? Nothing said to me oh Q needs to shut it down and have surgery because of last nights performance. It was simply not his or the teams night.

maroonmania
01-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Based on what I'm reading from other posts on this there appears to be some risks to even getting the surgery because the recovery doesn't always go well. In the end its up to Q to make the best decision he can for himself after being given all of the medical information. Obviously, right now we are a much better basketball having Q even if he's not 100% than we are without him.

Dawg61
01-04-2017, 10:59 AM
He was outstanding the game before . He had one bad game and your calling for surgery?? Nothing said to me oh Q needs to shut it down and have surgery because of last nights performance. It was simply not his or the teams night.

It wasn't just last night it's been every game since Boise St. that I've thought it. Even when he makes all his 3's and scores 25. He has a very tough decision to make right now but I am concerned he is going to develop some bad habits to compensate for the injury. He can't even reach in and try to poke a ball out with his hand at all right now and it'll be that way forever until he has the surgery. The pain is too much. I am praying for him as he has to make a decision here that nobody seems to be able to give him guidance with. They keep mentioning that theres several NBA players with this same injury that wait to have the surgery but who are these players specifically and who are previous players that have had the surgery and what has been the results for them? Too many vague answers surrounding this story right now.

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2017, 11:06 AM
What I'm hearing is the surgery isn't a sure thing either. It could be career ending or it could fix it up. There are supposedly guys in the NBA that play their whole careers with what he has and get the surgery when they are done. It's a tough decision and I'd say it's his to make, with SEVERAL doctors advice.

msbulldog
01-04-2017, 01:42 PM
What I'm hearing is the surgery isn't a sure thing either. It could be career ending or it could fix it up. There are supposedly guys in the NBA that play their whole careers with what he has and get the surgery when they are done. It's a tough decision and I'd say it's his to make, with SEVERAL doctors advice.

According to the announcers last night, Howland reached out to the trainer for the Lakers, who he has connections with. That's where the info about several NBA players playing with the same condition. It looks like he's playing pretty good even with the injury.

Maroonbulldog
01-04-2017, 03:49 PM

They were coming back up the floor side by side and the Bama player took a big hard swipe at Q's wrapping & connected. That was when Q started holding his wrist and I believe came out for a few plays. It may have been " incidental l" but looked purposeful to me. Seemed dirty.

smootness
01-04-2017, 03:52 PM
They were coming back up the floor side by side and the Bama player took a big hard swipe at Q's wrapping & connected. That was when Q started holding his wrist and I believe came out for a few plays. It may have been " incidental l" but looked purposeful to me. Seemed dirty.

No, Q stuck his hand in to try to knock the ball out and jammed his wrist. The Bama player didn't do anything, he likely didn't even know Q was there.

louisvilledawg
01-04-2017, 04:04 PM
No, Q stuck his hand in to try to knock the ball out and jammed his wrist. The Bama player didn't do anything, he likely didn't even know Q was there.

This is what i saw too. Q went in for a steal and jammed/irritated his wrist. I don't think there was anything malicious.

If you have a video of the alleged attack on q, put it on here, because I flat out missed it.

MarketingBully
01-04-2017, 04:13 PM
He doesn't need to reach out like he has been doing. If he just plays face up D and not take chances last night, we save 8-10 points. He is taking way too many chances on defense. Every game Howland says the one knock on Q is he takes way too many chances on defense that hurt us yet Q keeps doing it. He needs to stop doing that because the risk way out weighs the reward.

Maroonbulldog
01-04-2017, 04:39 PM
This is what i saw too. Q went in for a steal and jammed/irritated his wrist. I don't think there was anything malicious.

If you have a video of the alleged attack on q, put it on here, because I flat out missed it.

What I saw was them coming up the court - the ball was not around them.

This may have happened after the steal you guys are talking about- & he was still hurting from it

Ifyouonlyknew
01-04-2017, 04:41 PM
What you saw last night was a conference opponent who knows our team & has scouted & know that Q is our best player & made sure they stuck to him tough all night. He's going to have to get used to it because he's going to be the focal point of defenses from here on out. The gameplan will be don't let #11 beat us. Stop him stop MSU.

smootness
01-04-2017, 04:47 PM
What I saw was them coming up the court - the ball was not around them.

This may have happened after the steal you guys are talking about- & he was still hurting from it

Then I don't think you saw what caused the pain. He started grabbing his wrist immediately after trying to get the steal.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2017, 05:56 PM
What you saw last night was a conference opponent who knows our team & has scouted & know that Q is our best player & made sure they stuck to him tough all night. He's going to have to get used to it because he's going to be the focal point of defenses from here on out. The gameplan will be don't let #11 beat us. Stop him stop MSU.

So true. His defender didn't even watch the ball. I think we have no choice but to start Peters.

lamont
01-04-2017, 06:33 PM
A) I'm not sure Q is an NBA player- he lacks quickness and elevation needed for the pro game.

B) They said last night guys in the NBA that have this alot of times forego surgery until their career is over. Its no sure thing and has a long recovery time

chef dixon
01-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Dawg61 is correct here. Just because he has scored a lot doesn't mean he's the same player. His touch finishing around the rim has been way off since the injury. He's also limited defensively and grabbing rebounds because of it. He's also just going to naturally lose strength because of it. He obviously can still shoot and occupy the defenses attention.

At the beginning of the season he looked stronger and was so crisp finishing at the rim strong. It's a shame he got the injury. Great player.

klong-dog
01-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Lol. He scored 52 points in the 2 previous games before last night.

Finished reading the thread and definitely see some of your points as well. I

Madisonmd
01-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Lol. He scored 52 points in the 2 previous games before last night.

Finished reading the thread and definitely see some of your points as well. I

Repair of this injury is very time sensitive. Needs to be repaired soon after inciting event, otherwise ligament retracts and virtually impossible to repair ( according to my ortho friends).