PDA

View Full Version : I HATE The male cheerleader from Jackson Prep. That MF'er

Reunion Dog
01-04-2017, 12:18 AM
Ruined our basketball program for at least 10 years. Pathetic showing tonite of a once HEATED Rivalry.... I don't care how young this team is.... A horrible showing tonite against a mediocre team. One shot and done almost all nite. Lack of coaching, discipline and work ethic....

Worst hire at Mississippi State in last 30 years was sorry ass Strickland.

ScoobaDawg
01-04-2017, 12:25 AM
You are stupid. I won't argue about how good Scott was but..
to say Templeton was better is just fuc*ing stupid.

Todd4State
01-04-2017, 12:45 AM
Scott had his strengths but I am glad he left too. I think he was way too soft on Dan and by some reports he was actually intimidated by him. I want to win on the field- not have the best promotions in the SEC.

I do agree 100% with Scooba that he was better than LT.

RougeDawg
01-04-2017, 01:12 AM
Scott had his strengths but I am glad he left too. I think he was way too soft on Dan and by some reports he was actually intimidated by him. I want to win on the field- not have the best promotions in the SEC.

strick was better than LT, but a comatose ICU patient would be equally better. Strick was more worried about a GD commercial to kill momentum in a game than actually winning the game. He grew a full ****** when dealing with Dan and completely shat the entire bedroom hiring Ray. Thank God he's gone so we can actually bring a set back to the AD.

Our BBall woes are due to the AAU mentality of "And 1" basketball. These kids are only taught offense and flashy play once they are labeled a top recruit. Defense is as much a thought as recruiting decent OLinemen is to Hev and CC Dan, it doesn't exist. Hustle for 40 minutes is another foreign concept. These kids haven't been taught it and it takes time for them to learn. Look at Malik last year. He thought he could talent his way to production at the collegiate level. My how wrong was he. Q gave twice as much effort as Malik last year and developed into one of the best in the SEC. Talent can only bring you so far. Willpower and the want to win is what makes the difference in Malik and a one and done guy. We need to work on the "care" and "want to win" mental aspect of this team if we want to do damage this year.

Todd4State
01-04-2017, 02:25 AM
strick was better than LT, but a comatose ICU patient would be equally better. Strick was more worried about a GD commercial to kill momentum in a game than actually winning the game. He grew a full ****** when dealing with Dan and completely shat the entire bedroom hiring Ray. Thank God he's gone so we can actually bring a set back to the AD.

Our BBall woes are due to the AAU mentality of "And 1" basketball. These kids are only taught offense and flashy play once they are labeled a top recruit. Defense is as much a thought as recruiting decent OLinemen is to Hev and CC Dan, it doesn't exist. Hustle for 40 minutes is another foreign concept. These kids haven't been taught it and it takes time for them to learn. Look at Malik last year. He thought he could talent his way to production at the collegiate level. My how wrong was he. Q gave twice as much effort as Malik last year and developed into one of the best in the SEC. Talent can only bring you so far. Willpower and the want to win is what makes the difference in Malik and a one and done guy. We need to work on the "care" and "want to win" mental aspect of this team if we want to do damage this year.

I agree on all points. I'm not sure if there is anything to it or not, but it will always be interesting to me that Scott to Florida picked up pretty quickly as soon as we lost to South Alabama. It's also interesting to me that he obviously had a plan in place to force Cohen into the AD spot and seemed to put that into action quite quickly as well.

I hope Cohen does well and I'm optimistic that he will help get Dan on a path where we maximize our resources in football more on the field. Dan coached differently to me when Byrne was the AD, albeit it certainly could have been in part because he was a new head coach at the time. It seemed like he kind of softened up and started to do some of the annoying things more once Scott became the AD. I don't think I can take much from the past season on this because the AD transitioned happened during the season but I did find it interesting that Dan has said that he is going to be harder on the team this offseason during an interview. It will be interesting to see how things unfold.

I'm going to be very patient with Howland and the basketball team. Howland is a proven winner at multiple spots- like Cohen was in baseball. We obviously have a very young team. I just want to see us grow as the season goes along and matures as a team. My biggest concern in the offseason was the amount of freshmen that were obviously going to have to play for us. I think we will be pretty good by this time next year when we have Q and Holman as upperclassmen, our freshmen have a year under their belt and we add in the three freshmen to help, but we won't have to lean on as much as we are having to lean on our freshmen now.

bulldawg28
01-04-2017, 07:42 AM

Every conversation shouldn't circle back to Dan. Your also too old to base your opinion of someone on "hearsay reports" when you have no truth yourself.

Jarius
01-04-2017, 09:01 AM
I get the hate for LT because of Polk 2 and Croom, but we also went to the final 4, CWS multiple times, and won the west with one of If not Our best CFB coach in the history of our program without the SEC welfare check being what it is Today. If he had the same advantages then as Striklin had now I don't know if anyone would be complaining about him.

rbdog82
01-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Y'all are right. Stricklin obviously sucked at his job and is so good at fooling both his peers at other schools and boosters that he was actively recruited by Florida multiple times to go and lead arguably the strongest, largest athletic department in the SEC and a top 5 job nationally. He clearly has no idea what he's doing. ***

If you're going to give LT and Ninja credit during their tenures, it's only fair to give Stricklin credit during his. I'm not saying he's the end all be all of AD's, but he left MSU in much better shape than he found it.

RougeDawg
01-04-2017, 11:18 AM
I agree on all points. I'm not sure if there is anything to it or not, but it will always be interesting to me that Scott to Florida picked up pretty quickly as soon as we lost to South Alabama. It's also interesting to me that he obviously had a plan in place to force Cohen into the AD spot and seemed to put that into action quite quickly as well.

I hope Cohen does well and I'm optimistic that he will help get Dan on a path where we maximize our resources in football more on the field. Dan coached differently to me when Byrne was the AD, albeit it certainly could have been in part because he was a new head coach at the time. It seemed like he kind of softened up and started to do some of the annoying things more once Scott became the AD. I don't think I can take much from the past season on this because the AD transitioned happened during the season but I did find it interesting that Dan has said that he is going to be harder on the team this offseason during an interview. It will be interesting to see how things unfold.

I'm going to be very patient with Howland and the basketball team. Howland is a proven winner at multiple spots- like Cohen was in baseball. We obviously have a very young team. I just want to see us grow as the season goes along and matures as a team. My biggest concern in the offseason was the amount of freshmen that were obviously going to have to play for us. I think we will be pretty good by this time next year when we have Q and Holman as upperclassmen, our freshmen have a year under their belt and we add in the three freshmen to help, but we won't have to lean on as much as we are having to lean on our freshmen now.

Your observations are correct. Dans coaching was a direct result of the AD in place. Strick leaving was a result of the off season meltdown and Keenum stepping in, giving he and Dan ultimatums to either straighten up, find a way to leave respectfully, or they would be sent packing. And for those of you who want to say this never happened(Liverpool), my dad and I heard this from the horses mouth.

Do you doubters find it coincidence that Strick to Florida happened, and happened rather quickly or Dan changed agents? Keenum stepped in and stopped the hand holding between Dan and Strick. Strick is gone, our recruiting seems to have picked up, and Dan's name wasn't out there with every opening in the Western Hemisphere. It's time for everyone to understand These things didn't just happen on their own.

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Y'all are right. Stricklin obviously sucked at his job and is so good at fooling both his peers at other schools and boosters that he was actively recruited by Florida multiple times to go and lead arguably the strongest, largest athletic department in the SEC and a top 5 job nationally. He clearly has no idea what he's doing. ***

If you're going to give LT and Ninja credit during their tenures, it's only fair to give Stricklin credit during his. I'm not saying he's the end all be all of AD's, but he left MSU in much better shape than he found it.

Strickland did a dang good job here. He wouldn't have been hired by Florida if he hadn't. Blaming him completely for the Ray hire is a bit over the top as well.

WinningIsRelentless
01-04-2017, 11:27 AM
I blame the idiot known as coach 34 more.

Dawg61
01-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Blaming him completely for the Ray hire is a bit over the top as well.

He made the decision to hire Ray 100% on his own. When you go against everyone else and hire a guy nobody has heard of including the Clemson basketball program you get 100% of the blame when that stupid shit doesn't work.

32 Dive
01-04-2017, 11:42 AM
I get the hate for LT because of Polk 2 and Croom, but we also went to the final 4, CWS multiple times, and won the west with one of If not Our best CFB coach in the history of our program without the SEC welfare check being what it is Today. If he had the same advantages then as Striklin had now I don't know if anyone would be complaining about him.

I think it would be safe to assert, that when we won anything during that time, we won IN SPITE of our AD.

thf24
01-04-2017, 11:59 AM
I think it's perfectly fair to say that while Stricklin was great in the areas of branding, marketing, and the overall bottom line, but left some to be desired as far as holding coaches accountable for performance and setting us up for the best consistently possible results on the field/court. The former is no doubt extremely important, but the latter is the ultimate priority of the athletic department, and I think he lost sight of that at times.

shannondawg
01-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Not taking sides on whether he was good or bad, I'm just wondering what would happen if he made a similar Rick Ray hire down in Gainesville?

Really Clark?
01-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Your observations are correct. Dans coaching was a direct result of the AD in place. Strick leaving was a result of the off season meltdown and Keenum stepping in, giving he and Dan ultimatums to either straighten up, find a way to leave respectfully, or they would be sent packing. And for those of you who want to say this never happened(Liverpool), my dad and I heard this from the horses mouth.

Do you doubters find it coincidence that Strick to Florida happened, and happened rather quickly or Dan changed agents? Keenum stepped in and stopped the hand holding between Dan and Strick. Strick is gone, our recruiting seems to have picked up, and Dan's name wasn't out there with every opening in the Western Hemisphere. It's time for everyone to understand These things didn't just happen on their own.

So Keenum hired the AD that Strick (and a certain sect of boosters) was pushing and deliberately set out to force into place and while he was pushing Stricklin out. Hired the guy that the AD you are giving ultimatums to and trying to push out is pushing for Keenum to hire? Yeah makes perfect sense.

And Dan's name was listed by more media for more jobs this year than last year, count up the different jobs. Heck even got an NFL mention this time around. Gave just as Strong of a denial this year around the Conerly time, in fact almost identical. verbiage. The only difference is the message boards didn't melt this year and we won the EB

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2017, 12:28 PM
He made the decision to hire Ray 100% on his own. When you go against everyone else and hire a guy nobody has heard of including the Clemson basketball program you get 100% of the blame when that stupid shit doesn't work.

According to a friend of mine, who is INVOLVED in basketball, that may or may not be true. What was true is that we were turned down by a BUNCH of people before we settled on Ray. The real options we had were no better known at the time. I know several others who aren't INVOLVED but are in the know and they said the same thing. Now other RANDOM folks disagree with that but I believe my sources.

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2017, 12:30 PM
So Keenum hired the AD that Strick (and a certain sect of boosters) was pushing and deliberately set out to force into place and while he was pushing Stricklin out. Hired the guy that the AD you are giving ultimatums to and trying to push out is pushing for Keenum to hire? Yeah makes perfect sense.

And Dan's name was listed by more media for more jobs this year than last year, count up the different jobs. Heck even got an NFL mention this time around. Gave just as Strong of a denial this year around the Conerly time, in fact almost identical. verbiage. The only difference is the message boards didn't melt this year and we won the EB
YES

Political Hack
01-04-2017, 12:33 PM

No. The difference was Dan actually intended on staying this season and nobody really gave a shit if Strick left.

Dawg61
01-04-2017, 12:33 PM
According to a friend of mine, who is INVOLVED in basketball, that may or may not be true. What was true is that we were turned down by a BUNCH of people before we settled on Ray. The real options we had were no better known at the time. I know several others who aren't INVOLVED but are in the know and they said the same thing. Now other RANDOM folks disagree with that but I believe my sources.

Joe DOOLEY wanted the JOB. He IS 76-43 since TAKING over at FGCU. He's WON 20+ games every YEAR he's been THERE.

Really Clark?
01-04-2017, 12:40 PM
No. The difference was Dan actually intended on staying this season and nobody really gave a shit if Strick left.

Did Strick push for Cohen and leak his name to the press to force Keenum's hand? If yes, why is Keenum hiring Cohen when being pushed by a guy he is pushing out. That is the disconnect from the OP I was talking about.

I agree Dan wasn't looking to leave as much but how close could he have gotten the Oregon job? I don't think he intended to at all but there was a certain poster spending a whole lot of time to find evidence that Dan was trying to get Oregon and brought a quote from someone with questionable history on being factually correct to make his point.

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2017, 12:42 PM
Joe DOOLEY wanted the JOB. He IS 76-43 since TAKING over at FGCU. He's WON 20+ games every YEAR he's been THERE.

So a failed head coach (and that at a lower level) was seen as a better option AT THE TIME? Hindsight is 20/20.

Dawg61
01-04-2017, 01:09 PM
So a failed head coach (and that at a lower level) was seen as a better option AT THE TIME? Hindsight is 20/20.

East Carolina isn't in a lower level. They play in the AAC with teams like UConn, Cincinnati and Memphis. Before that they were in CUSA. When Dooley coached them they were in the CAA (colonial athletic association). All three of those conferences are D1. When SS went rogue and hired Ray, Dooley was Self's top assistant helping him coach in the national championship game. At no point in time was or is Rick Ray equal or better than Dooley as a HC candidate. Hindsight doesn't have shit to do with that fact.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2017, 01:28 PM

Who freaking cares?!?! Rick Ray is gone. Stricklin is gone. We have a great basketball coach now who will win and win big in time as long as everyone remains patient. Some decent fan support will help too. Howland can coach and he can recruit.

PassInterference
01-04-2017, 01:39 PM
1. Ninja
2. Grasshopper
3. LT

Incomplete: Instense bastard

RougeDawg
01-04-2017, 07:01 PM

Should've know Really "water is dry" Clark wound contradict my post even if his response is calling Keenum a liar.

Mullen heavily denounced his name floating this year. Where were these the last two years before Keenum stepped in and told him to commit here or get out? Last couple years Dan would respond with "my name is floated every year". Much different than this year. (Keenum was pissed because dan shopped himself 2 pffseasons, put in half assed recruiting, and even interviewed during a so called "recruiting visit") If you recall my previous posts from the horses mouth, I said MK stepped in and tied Stricks future to Dan's actions. Stricks future at MSU depended on Dan making the necessary changes(committment, effort, cosches, recruiting effort, etc) needed to obtain an extension. Fast forward from February to September and our coach wearing shorts during one of the most embarrassing losses in MSU football history and Strick knows he better make plans to get out on his own terms while he still can.

Why is this difficult to comprehend? It's fairly straightforward.

lamont
01-04-2017, 07:07 PM

LT was forced to hire Jackie Sherrill and Stands. He wanted to hire other Bobby Wallace and Dwayne Reboul instead

lamont
01-04-2017, 07:10 PM

so did Kermit Davis Jr at MTSU- who has 2 NCAA's the last 4 years and will likely be in this year

lamont
01-04-2017, 07:11 PM

Dooley was the top assistant at Kansas when we replaced Stands. Thats alot better than the 3rd assistant at Clemson

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2017, 07:22 PM
East Carolina isn't in a lower level. They play in the AAC with teams like UConn, Cincinnati and Memphis. Before that they were in CUSA. When Dooley coached them they were in the CAA (colonial athletic association). All three of those conferences are D1. When SS went rogue and hired Ray, Dooley was Self's top assistant helping him coach in the national championship game. At no point in time was or is Rick Ray equal or better than Dooley as a HC candidate. Hindsight doesn't have shit to do with that fact.

East Carolina is not and never has been much in basketball.

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Dooley was the top assistant at Kansas when we replaced Stands. Thats alot better than the 3rd assistant at Clemson

Still a failed head coach at the time. He would have been seen as such if he was hired.

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Should've know Really "water is dry" Clark wound contradict my post even if his response is calling Keenum a liar.

Mullen heavily denounced his name floating this year. Where were these the last two years before Keenum stepped in and told him to commit here or get out? Last couple years Dan would respond with "my name is floated every year". Much different than this year. (Keenum was pissed because dan shopped himself 2 pffseasons, put in half assed recruiting, and even interviewed during a so called "recruiting visit") If you recall my previous posts from the horses mouth, I said MK stepped in and tied Stricks future to Dan's actions. Stricks future at MSU depended on Dan making the necessary changes(committment, effort, cosches, recruiting effort, etc) needed to obtain an extension. Fast forward from February to September and our coach wearing shorts during one of the most embarrassing losses in MSU football history and Strick knows he better make plans to get out on his own terms while he still can.

Why is this difficult to comprehend? It's fairly straightforward.

He responded the same way this year that he did last year. The language was almost identical.

lamont
01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Still a failed head coach at the time. He would have been seen as such if he was hired.

He would have been seen as a much better hire than RR- thats not even debatable

Todd4State
01-04-2017, 09:09 PM
Every conversation shouldn't circle back to Dan. Your also too old to base your opinion of someone on "hearsay reports" when you have no truth yourself.

And you do? Please share.

Reunion Dog
01-05-2017, 02:41 AM
Give LT the resources we have now... We would have never have had the wussy male Cheerleader from Jackson Prep. How much money did loafers waste on 3rd party folks (Nashville) that LTnever had?

Reunion Dog
01-05-2017, 02:43 AM
Truth!