PDA

View Full Version : CBF starts off with a bang in '17

msstate7
01-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Fsu vs bama in Atlanta. Wow that's a heck of a game... fsu is gonna be really good and you know bama will be too.

klong-dog
01-03-2017, 12:20 PM
So is Akers set up to start right away?

Political Hack
01-03-2017, 12:24 PM
That's a national championship level game out the gate. That's one hell of a way to get your team focused. Kudos to Jimbo and Tusk's dark lord.

smootness
01-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Why would FSU want to do that? I mean, ultimately if they win the rest of their games it doesn't matter, but that's pretty close to a sure L right out of the gate.

DownwardDawg
01-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Why would FSU want to do that? I mean, ultimately if they win the rest of their games it doesn't matter, but that's pretty close to a sure L right out of the gate.

Unless their coach has been paying attention the past few years. Play Bama early and you have a real chance if you have a good QB. Bama starts next season just like the last few, not positive who the starting QB will be.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Yea!!!!!** Another year of all Alabama. Same story lines. Same teams. College football is one massive ass episode of ground hog day and somehow people think that system is the best way to make money.

Watching Bama play sucks. Most all big games are better without them in it.

DownwardDawg
01-03-2017, 12:57 PM
And I assume we're talking about football.

msstate7
01-03-2017, 01:02 PM
Unless their coach has been paying attention the past few years. Play Bama early and you have a real chance if you have a good QB. Bama starts next season just like the last few, not positive who the starting QB will be.

Fsu will have a qb

bulldawg28
01-03-2017, 01:06 PM
FSU wins this game

msstate7
01-03-2017, 01:07 PM
FSU wins this game

I think they certainly could. Not sure they will

TUSK
01-03-2017, 01:17 PM
I love playing these big OOC games to start the season... if you get clipped, you've still time to recover and it's great for SOS...

I think FSU, USC, OSU and Bammer will all be pretty badass next (not all inclusive list)...

FSU could certainly beat Alabama... will they? Probably not.

LC Dawg
01-03-2017, 01:26 PM
I say FSU wins the game and Bama wins the championship. Somewhere between those events Saban will slit a reporter's throat at a press conference and beat an assistant with a bat on the sideline and get praised for his intensity.

HSVDawg
01-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Yea!!!!!** Another year of all Alabama. Same story lines. Same teams. College football is one massive ass episode of ground hog day and somehow people think that system is the best way to make money.

Watching Bama play sucks. Most all big games are better without them in it.

Now you know how college basketball was in the 70's when Wooden was winning every NC every year at UCLA. Sometimes coaches come along that are so transcendent that they make you question the system. And right now Bama has that in Saban. Everyone reveres Bear Bryant as one of the all time greats, and he only had 6 NC's in 24 years at a time when the deck was stacked 10x more in favor of the big boys than it is now. The truth is that even Bear Bryant couldn't hold Saban's jock. When Saban leaves Bama, they will fall back to earth just like UCLA basketball did and just like Bama football did when Bryant retired. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the system though, as Bama doesn't have any financial, recruiting, or facilities advantage that 15-20 other programs across the country don't also have. What they do have is maybe the best coach on the planet in any sport, ever.

smootness
01-03-2017, 01:41 PM

Except that's not true. Their record in these games is impeccable. They have trounced the non-conference opponent every time.

Also, Hurts is clearly their starter next year. Not sure what you mean.

Lance Harbor
01-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Except that's not true. Their record in these games is impeccable. They have trounced the non-conference opponent every time.

Also, Hurts is clearly their starter next year. Not sure what you mean.

The Bammers seem to think someone better will replace Jalen Hurts.

HSVDawg
01-03-2017, 02:42 PM

The Hawaiian kid?

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2017, 02:43 PM

Wait. Hurts isn't a sure thing at starter next season???

msstate7
01-03-2017, 02:46 PM

Only way I see it is if sark runs pro style

thf24
01-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Man what a life it must be, to cheer for a team where the job security of a returning Heisman candidate is in doubt.

TUSK
01-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Tua (from HI) is a pro-style guy... throws a terrific ball but he isn't as mobile like Hurts/Sims... and certainly isn't as strong as Hurts (he's a gymrat/beast)...

additionally, Tua will be on campus very soon (if he isn't already) for practice...

Edit: more of a pro-style guy in comparison to what we have... he's actually listed as "dual"...