PDA

View Full Version : Secret reason for our rise to #1?

Dawg61
01-02-2017, 10:41 PM
This happened right before the season kicked off in 2014. Did this speech inspire great team play like we've never seen before or since at MSU? Can we get him back to speak to us again or can we just hire him as a coach please.

The Bus baby!! (look at Dak's eyes btw)

https://youtu.be/46DvC6o6OY4

Homedawg
01-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Great speech. But people just look for reasons to give claim or fault for success or lack there of. There is way more that goes into it than a speech. Or a day. It's as Saban says a process, everything is important. Start W some damn good players. That helps!

Dawg61
01-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Great speech. But people just look for reasons to give claim or fault for success or lack there of. There is way more that goes into it than a speech. Or a day. It's as Saban says a process, everything is important. Start W some damn good players. That helps!

Look at how engaged the players are when he's speaking. I think he'd make a great coach. That's the real reason for me starting this thread.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-02-2017, 11:25 PM
Look at how engaged the players are when he's speaking. I think he'd make a great coach. That's the real reason for me starting this thread.

I think they are engaged because it was a surprise and because......it is JEROME freaking BETTIS!

Bully13
01-02-2017, 11:43 PM
Thank you for sharing that. It was a great speech spoken by great player and obviously a great guy who enjoyed doing his old team mate and our university a huge favor.

Was good to see it again and to bring up that magical run we had.

Dawg61
01-02-2017, 11:43 PM
I think they are engaged because it was a surprise and because......it is JEROME freaking BETTIS!

Don't we have an opening on the offensive side right now? It'd be pretty sweet to have the Bus on our sideline. Just sayin

Todd4State
01-02-2017, 11:44 PM

I totally agree.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-03-2017, 10:42 AM
I see what your saying but assuming we could get Jerome Bettis to come be a coach here is kind of an OM way of thinking. The reason he even came and talked to them was because of DT and DT is not here anymore. It was however a great speech and it should be shown again to the current roster.

Reason2succeed
01-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Jerome Bettie doesn't strike me as a college coach. I could maybe see him in the NFL but star players often avoid doing anything that could possibly diminish their legacy as a player.