PDA

View Full Version : What do we know about OL prospect Jamal Danley at EMCC?

Thick
09-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Is this guy a difference maker regarding immediate player, or just a "filler"? We offered today per him.

msstate7
09-06-2013, 06:13 PM
The fact we have 2 juco offensive linemen committed and we're offering more tells me our offensive line is a mess

thf24
09-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Not rated on 24/7, but offers from Georgia and LSU. I'll be interested to learn more about him as well.

Edit: Nevermind, not actually offers. Just interest.

Thick
09-06-2013, 06:20 PM
The fact we have 2 juco offensive linemen committed and we're offering more tells me our offensive line is a mess

Don't read too much into that. We are probably going to cut some of our Hevesy picks loose.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2013, 06:23 PM

Alabama already has 6 ol in their current recruiting class.

Coach34
09-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Tells me we are finally getting serious at wanting to push people around

Thick
09-06-2013, 06:27 PM
It worked for Jackie!

msstate7
09-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Alabama already has 6 ol in their current recruiting class.

I wanna get 4-5 ol every class but I'd prefer only 2 to be juco.

trob115
09-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Per his coach, he is better than Avery Gennessy. I'll take him.

Coach34
09-06-2013, 07:02 PM
We need a good juco class IMO because we need some more game ready guys next year

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-06-2013, 07:57 PM
We are probably going to cut some of our Hevesy picks loose.

Considering he has been here five years, it is past time to cut Hevesy loose. Whether it is recruiting talent or developing talent he simply is not getting it done.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Considering he has been here five years, it is past time to cut Hevesy loose. Whether it is recruiting talent or developing talent he simply is not getting it done.

I agree. Les and Hevs need to go.

msstate7
09-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Per his coach, he is better than Avery Gennessy. I'll take him.

I heard that too. That's an odd comment for a head coach to make.

msstate7
09-06-2013, 08:02 PM
I agree. Les and Hevs need to go.

And if that doesn't fix it Dan can follow.

Thick
09-06-2013, 08:03 PM

No argument there, but had there been good productive JUCO lineman available over the past couple years to make that kind of move?

SilkyJohnson
09-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Don't read too much into that. We are probably going to cut some of our Hevesy picks loose.

We should cut Hevesy loose as well.

Todd4State
09-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Danley started out at Byhalia I believe and then signed out of high school with Louisiana-Monroe and he played with them for a year. Of course, he transferred trying to make it in the SEC.

Coach34
09-06-2013, 09:46 PM
We had an Elitedawg talk to one of our starting OL's Dad- and he did nothing but sing Hev's praises.....I'll let him tell it if he wants

slickdawg
09-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Yep, I talked with Dillon Day's father before the game. I told him we were glad to have Dillon at State. We talked for a few minutes, he told me that Dillon was at State because of John Hevesy - not at TCU or LSU, but State. Nothing but positive things were said about Hevesy.

msstate7
09-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Yep, I talked with Dillon Day's father before the game. I told him we were glad to have Dillon at State. We talked for a few minutes, he told me that Dillon was at State because of John Hevesy - not at TCU or LSU, but State. Nothing but positive things were said about Hevesy.

I'm very happy to have DD, but scout shows his only offers as Louisiana tech and ulm. We just haven't been able to land any blue chip o'linemen

slickdawg
09-06-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm very happy to have DD, but scout shows his only offers as Louisiana tech and ulm. We just haven't been able to land any blue chip o'linemen

I'll take his father's word for it.

msstate7
09-06-2013, 10:36 PM
I'll take his father's word for it.

He's a great player. I'm just saying I wish we would land some guys that are can't misses instead of development guys. For every DD that turn into good ones there's 3 Muniz that never produce. If we want our offense to produce in the sec, we've got to step it up with ol recruiting. I like a couple of guys we got last year and this year, but I want more

slickdawg
09-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I understand you completely. There's head scratchers every year. We need a bunch more DD's or better.

KB21
09-06-2013, 10:54 PM
He's a great player. I'm just saying I wish we would land some guys that are can't misses instead of development guys. For every DD that turn into good ones there's 3 Muniz that never produce. If we want our offense to produce in the sec, we've got to step it up with ol recruiting. I like a couple of guys we got last year and this year, but I want more

Is is recruitment or lack of development? I saw a stat the other day that talked about Alabama's OL recruiting since Saban has been there. These numbers may not be exact, but it said that out of something like 23 offensive linemen that have signed with Alabama under Nick Saban, 13 of them were 3 star players coming out of high school, 8 were 4 star, and only 2 were 5 star. Guys like Will Vlachos, Chance Warmack, and Anthony Steen were 3 star guys.

msstate7
09-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Is is recruitment or lack of development? I saw a stat the other day that talked about Alabama's OL recruiting since Saban has been there. These numbers may not be exact, but it said that out of something like 23 offensive linemen that have signed with Alabama under Nick Saban, 13 of them were 3 star players coming out of high school, 8 were 4 star, and only 2 were 5 star. Guys like Will Vlachos, Chance Warmack, and Anthony Steen were 3 star guys.

I think it's some of both.

Todd4State
09-07-2013, 12:02 AM

I think that just shows that the Internet sites can't rate o-linemen very well.

AROB44
09-07-2013, 06:53 AM
I'll take a whole bunch of Dillon Day's any time. Don't care what their stars or offers were.