PDA

View Full Version : Those announcers made a good point about Sarkisian little while ago.

Jack Lambert
01-02-2017, 06:52 PM
He only had a consulting, non coaching job. Front office guy. How is he going to take over at the end of the season like this not having the on field relationship with the players or did Bama bend some rules and let him be on field helping coaching during practice? I also notice he was in the press box the other night.

Might not mean anything but if I was a AD or coach with other programs I would be asking.

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Obviously Saban knows something we don't.

Really Clark?
01-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Hurts talked right after Sark was named new OC that he really didn't know him and they have only spoken a little since Sark got There.

defiantdog
01-02-2017, 07:20 PM
He's been at practice shadowing Kiffin since after the SEC Championship game (at least to my knowledge). A lot of folks in the Bama Administrayion didn't think Kiffin would last through the first playoff game..... this isn't a surprise. Sark will be ready.

bulldawg28
01-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Bama will struggle

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2017, 07:21 PM
He's been at practice shadowing Kiffin since after the SEC Championship game (at least to my knowledge). A lot of folks in the Bama Administrayion didn't think Kiffin would last through the first playoff game..... this isn't a surprise. Sark will be ready.

Saban wouldn't have made this move if he didn't think Sark would be ready to take over

Todd4State
01-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Bama will struggle

I think they will be fine. They won't be as cute and they will just line up and kick ass and not have to worry about their OC proving to everyone how brilliant he is.

fader2103
01-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Man he's been on the field in practice. Even Saban said he knows the playbook and has a great relationship with all the players.

bulldawg28
01-02-2017, 07:31 PM
I think they will be fine. They won't be as cute and they will just line up and kick ass and not have to worry about their OC proving to everyone how brilliant he is.

They will not be able to line up and run over Clemson. Bama will struggle because Clemson is going to score. What happens when Clemson takes the lead and have to pass. The only thing this change provides positively for Bama is the element of the unknown with Sark

Jack Lambert
01-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Man he's been on the field in practice. Even Saban said he knows the playbook and has a great relationship with all the players.
That's a NCAA violation.

defiantdog
01-02-2017, 07:39 PM
That's a NCAA violation.
He's been at practice shadowing Kiffin..... he never actually "coached"..... if there's grey area there.

RocketDawg
01-02-2017, 07:59 PM
He only had a consulting, non coaching job. Front office guy. How is he going to take over at the end of the season like this not having the on field relationship with the players or did Bama bend some rules and let him be on field helping coaching during practice? I also notice he was in the press box the other night.

Might not mean anything but if I was a AD or coach with other programs I would be asking.

Won't Saban be calling the plays anyway?

Todd4State
01-02-2017, 08:00 PM
That's a NCAA violation.

Let's get that Ole Miss fan that is outing boosters on it.**

Todd4State
01-02-2017, 08:01 PM
They will not be able to line up and run over Clemson. Bama will struggle because Clemson is going to score. What happens when Clemson takes the lead and have to pass. The only thing this change provides positively for Bama is the element of the unknown with Sark

We'll see.

Todd4State
01-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Won't Saban be calling the plays anyway?

If Saban was calling the plays they would be 3-0 against Ole Miss the past three years.

Lance Harbor
01-02-2017, 08:06 PM

Clemson's Defense is much more porous than they showed against OSU. They make big plays, but can be pushed around.

lamont
01-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Bama has taken advantage of the gray area of the rule. Sark knows the guys and the playbook. He's been in every coaching meeting for a couple of months now. And no- Saban doesnt call the offense except to say "run the ball here" or "melt the clock here"

Sark cant possibly be worse than Kiffin was this past Sat

Todd4State
01-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Bama has taken advantage of the gray area of the rule. Sark knows the guys and the playbook. He's been in every coaching meeting for a couple of months now. And no- Saban doesnt call the offense except to say "run the ball here" or "melt the clock here"

Sark cant possibly be worse than Kiffin was this past Sat

Do you think Kiffen not wanting to do some of the things Saban was telling him is one of the main reasons he left? I could see Saban saying "run the ball here" and Kiffen telling him "But we've got a match-up on the outside and can get a touchdown" at times.

Tbonewannabe
01-02-2017, 08:45 PM
He's been at practice shadowing Kiffin..... he never actually "coached"..... if there's grey area there.

Pretty sure we got hit once when Dan started for having Jackie at a practice and he talked to the kickers.

lamont
01-02-2017, 08:47 PM
For Saban to make this move- he had to absolutely be fed up with Kiffin. Had to be conflict on playcalling as well as missing meetings and such since he got his new gig. Saban knows he has opened himself up to alot of criticism with this move

RocketDawg
01-02-2017, 08:57 PM
For Saban to make this move- he had to absolutely be fed up with Kiffin. Had to be conflict on playcalling as well as missing meetings and such since he got his new gig. Saban knows he has opened himself up to alot of criticism with this move

I was having lunch today with some of my golf group ... all three of them big Bama fans (as if there's anything else around here) ... when the announcement was made on television. None of them seemed all that worked up, or surprised, that he was gone.

Jack Lambert
01-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Pretty sure we got hit once when Dan started for having Jackie at a practice and he talked to the kickers.
That did happen. You can only have coaches on the practice field talking to players.

RocketDawg
01-02-2017, 09:01 PM
That did happen. You can only have coaches on the practice field talking to players.

Was Jackie employed by MSU at the time? Or does it matter? If not, he technically wasn't a coach.

Homedawg
01-02-2017, 09:06 PM
That's a NCAA violation.
It's not a violation to be at practice. Hell John Clark goes to our practices. To coach yes, to be there no.

bulldawg28
01-02-2017, 09:45 PM
I was having lunch today with some of my golf group ... all three of them big Bama fans (as if there's anything else around here) ... when the announcement was made on television. None of them seemed all that worked up, or surprised, that he was gone.

They feel Saban can do no wrong

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-02-2017, 10:29 PM
Sark will do great at "picking" plays and eating up defenses.

Jack Lambert
01-02-2017, 10:50 PM
It's not a violation to be at practice. Hell John Clark goes to our practices. To coach yes, to be there no.
That was the point of the announcers. He was an consultant and unless he has been helping how can he call the offensive plays. That's what they were saying.

lamont
01-02-2017, 10:58 PM
That was the point of the announcers. He was an consultant and unless he has been helping how can he call the offensive plays. That's what they were saying.

He has been in every coaches meeting the last 2 months, watched film, helped gameplan. He has been completely involved for 2 months. The ONLY thing he hasnt done is coach at practice. Did you not see him with the headset on during the game on Saturday?

Homedawg
01-02-2017, 11:25 PM

He's been calling plays all his life. It's like riding a bike. He's been at practice at meetings, watched film, all legal. The announcer was a dufus. They could be and probably were perfectly legal and will be fine. They won't lose because of this.

Homedawg
01-02-2017, 11:26 PM
He has been in every coaches meeting the last 2 months, watched film, helped gameplan. He has been completely involved for 2 months. The ONLY thing he hasnt done is coach at practice. Did you not see him with the headset on during the game on Saturday?

This^

WSOPdawg
01-02-2017, 11:28 PM
Do I remember Coach Richard Williams utilizing former Bama basketball coach Wimp Sanderson in similar fashion? Maybe Sanderson was only consulting during practice but I thought I remember Wimp on or near the bench during the games???

TUSK
01-03-2017, 01:29 AM
It's much ado bout nuthin.

If Bama plays "average/above average" on O, it's academic.