PDA

View Full Version : Just announced.

Fader21
09-06-2013, 05:46 PM
MSU vs Alcorn. SOLD OUT

CooterDavenport
09-06-2013, 05:53 PM
People know that playing cupcakes is cathartic--like kicking the dog because you had a bad day at work. (I'm describing, not endorsing.) Or playing some NCAA football agains the computer on easy. Whoop some ass; make yourself feel good, even if it's a little unjustified.

cheewgumm
09-06-2013, 06:27 PM
OOC
Some cupcakes = ok
All cupcakes = terrible

We're gonna win by 100 yipee. Best thing we could have done was play OK State first. Gives us a better chance against Auburn.

Coach34
09-06-2013, 06:33 PM
OOC
Some cupcakes = ok
All cupcakes = terrible

We're gonna win by 100 yipee. Best thing we could have done was play OK State first. Gives us a better chance against Auburn.

Only reason it gives us a better chance vs Auburn is because it looks like Russell may be out

Political Hack
09-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Notre Dame at Home = Sold Out
Alcorn at Home = Sold Out

We play in the freaking SEC. Until we beat Bama and LSU, there's zero need to schedule other top ranked opponents. We can play them during bowl season. They don't help us in bowl positioning in the SEC and they don't help us get to Atlanta. Until we're playing for National Championships, we should avoid scheduling those games. It's damn near pointless otherwise.

Jack Lambert
09-06-2013, 06:44 PM

We play in the freaking SEC. Until we beat Bama and LSU, there's zero need to schedule other top ranked opponents. We can play them during bowl season. They don't help us in bowl positioning in the SEC and they don't help us get to Atlanta. Until we're playing for National Championships, we should avoid scheduling those games. It's damn near pointless otherwise.

And if we do it better be at home.

WinningIsRelentless
09-06-2013, 06:50 PM

Exactly. We play 8 hard games a year no need to make it 9.

cheewgumm
09-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Amen

CadaverDawg
09-06-2013, 07:26 PM

Bingo

It_Could_Happen
09-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Exactly. We play 8 hard games a year no need to make it 9.

I completely agree. When you have Alabama, A&M, LSU, the cocks and now it looks like ole miss could be a quality win.. Why schedule another top 25 team?

Fader21
09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
The msu fan in me says play the cakewalks teams. The football fan in me says I wish we would schedule Notre Dame or USCw. Hell I like traditions schools so why not Army Navy or even Yale and Harvard.

CooterDavenport
09-06-2013, 09:40 PM
I agree on the service cademies. Those would be interesting games but usually not too hard. I don't think we can play Ivy League teams. I'm pretty sure FCS schools have to offer a certain number of scholarships to make victories over them count toward bowls, and the Ivy League doesn't offer scholarships at all.

Todd4State
09-06-2013, 09:46 PM
I agree on the service cademies. Those would be interesting games but usually not too hard. I don't think we can play Ivy League teams. I'm pretty sure FCS schools have to offer a certain number of scholarships to make victories over them count toward bowls, and the Ivy League doesn't offer scholarships at all.

That is exactly why we haven't played Mississippi Valley State yet.

DownwardDawg
09-07-2013, 08:21 AM
OOC
Some cupcakes = ok
All cupcakes = terrible

Yeah, because losing 5-6 starters with injuries is the best thing that could happen to us. We will finish 5-7 because of that game. No bowl streak. All momentum lost. Yippee!!!!

hacker
09-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Yeah, because losing 5-6 starters with injuries is the best thing that could happen to us. We will finish 5-7 because of that game. No bowl streak. All momentum lost. Yippee!!!!

Yes!! I bet campus burns down too!