PDA

View Full Version : Bama -6 1/2

lamont
01-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Clemson may be dangerous enough to win this one. They can score a little plus defend. Kiffin is sidetracked with his new gig and being stretched thin.

#2 should have thrown 3 picks vs Washington- I'm not so sure he gets that lucky again in the Final

msstate7
01-01-2017, 01:03 PM
Clemson outright

TUSK
01-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Clemson outright

If Clemson plays like they did vs OSU and Bammer plays sloppy aGAIN on O, it's gonna be a dogfight...

msstate7
01-01-2017, 01:13 PM
If Clemson plays like they did vs OSU and Bammer plays sloppy aGAIN on O, it's gonna be a dogfight...

I just hope hurts isn't saving his best passing game for Clemson

gravedigger
Clemson may be dangerous enough to win this one. They can score a little plus defend. Kiffin is sidetracked with his new gig and being stretched thin.

#2 should have thrown 3 picks vs Washington- I'm not so sure he gets that lucky again in the Final

Lay the points. Clemson will play well, but bama gonna bama

klong-dog
I have Clemson as well. 30-24.

sandwolf
01-01-2017, 01:21 PM
If Clemson plays like they did vs OSU and Bammer plays sloppy aGAIN on O, Clemson will win.

FIFY

TUSK
01-01-2017, 01:46 PM
FIFY

Probably so, especially if they can get some wins the TO, TOP, & field position battles...

That's the best Clemson has looked all year, IMO... and Watson is a STUD... If Bammer can contain/limit him, it probably won't matter what else happens....

Token Bammer
01-01-2017, 01:49 PM

BAMA thought they could play conservative against Washington and win and that's what we did. We won't have the same mentality coming into this one .

OSU is crap and so is the entire BIG. They've proven it this bowl season. The problem with the BIG is they play the BIG. Past the top four teams they are garbage and that only makes the top look better than they really are.

OSU did beat OU early in the year and their anemic offense played like gangbusters because OU (and every team from the big 12) have NO DEFENSE. Wisconsin did beat LSU week 1, but if Miles would have coached offense worth a crap LSU would have beat them by two TDs. Watching that game it was obvious who had the players and who didn't.

I love that we struggled a little against Washington and that Clemson dominated. The media, fans, etc have already cranked up the Clemson hype machine and it all plays into our hands imo.

Pruitt will call a completely different game than Smart last year. We will be aggressive and attack Watson from the jump rather than waiting until the second half like last year.

I don't expect us to dominate offensively but we will score enough to win the game.

TUSK
01-01-2017, 01:52 PM
BAMA thought they could play conservative against Washington and win and that's what we did. We won't have the same mentality coming into this one .

OSU is crap and so is the entire BIG. They've proven it this bowl season. The problem with the BIG is they play the BIG. Past the top four teams they are garbage and that only makes the top look better than they really are.

OSU did beat OU early in the year and their anemic offense played like gangbusters because OU (and every team from the big 12) have NO DEFENSE. Wisconsin did beat LSU week 1, but if Miles would have coached offense worth a crap LSU would have beat them by two TDs. Watching that game it was obvious who had the players and who didn't.

I love that we struggled a little against Washington and that Clemson dominated. The media, fans, etc have already cranked up the Clemson hype machine and it all plays into our hands imo.

Pruitt will call a completely different game than Smart last year. We will be aggressive and attack Watson from the jump rather than waiting until the second half like last year.

I don't expect us to dominate offensively but we will score enough to win the game.

I'd just like to see us get out to a fast start, Token... even more so, I'd like to see us go all "Gene Stallings" in late 3rd/4th Quarter...

Token Bammer
01-01-2017, 02:01 PM
I'd just like to see us get out to a fast start, Token... even more so, I'd like to see us go all "Gene Stallings" in late 3rd/4th Quarter...

I believe we will because we have to. I also think we can run on Clemson and Clemson's pass defense isn't as talented as Washington.

I think Watson will play well, but I doubt he'll duplicate the performance from last year. I believe this D is better suited to stop them with our speed up front to track him down and Pruitt's ability to defend against spread attacks.

Dawgface
01-01-2017, 02:20 PM
One thing for sure. This game is not a for gone conclusion.

HSVDawg
01-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Either way, I'm excited about the rematch. Last year's NC game was the best one in quite some time and I'm glad we get to see it again. Clemson outplayed Bama on both sides of the ball last year, and they bottled up Barrett who is every bit as elusive outside the pocket as Hurts. Should be a great one.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Im with you. I think Clemson is going to win the rematch.

The Alabama offense isn't that great. Take away one big run last night, and Washington really held them in check for the most part.

BeastMan
01-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Let the public push it and then take Clemson late

lamont
01-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Think I'm going to tease it with Auburn.

Like Auburn outright but they lose a close one at worst and Clemson will stay within 10 regardless

Gutter Cobreh
01-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Bama will win by 2 TDs. Clemson's D-line is good, but OSU never challenged their secondary until late in the game.

Bama will take some shots deep early to open the run. While Watson is really good, Bama's defense is truly out of this world. I think they pressure him and get yet another defensive score in this game as well.

msstate7
01-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Bama will win by 2 TDs. Clemson's D-line is good, but OSU never challenged their secondary until late in the game.

Bama will take some shots deep early to open the run. While Watson is really good, Bama's defense is truly out of this world. I think they pressure him and get yet another defensive score in this game as well.

Clemson will pressure hurts too. Clemson has more sacks and allowed less sacks than Bama this year

TUSK
01-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Clemson will pressure hurts too. Clemson has more sacks and allowed less sacks than Bama this year

I thought only FSU had more sacks...

Regardless, this version of Bammer pass rush is better and faster than years past, IMO...

Additionally, I believe we've been a little less prone to give up the big play...

the OL is better, too, I believe...

msstate7
01-01-2017, 04:13 PM

Regardless, this version of Bammer pass rush is better and faster than years past, IMO...

Additionally, I believe we've been a little less prone to give up the big play...

You're correct... going into yesterday's game, Clemson had 46 and Bama had 45. Clemson got 3 sacks last night and Bama got 5...

Bama 50
Clemson 49

Gutter Cobreh
01-01-2017, 04:38 PM

Not saying they won't get pressure, just pointing out Bama's offense will be more wide open than OSU's was last night. Barrett basically only threw balls 10 yards or less for 3+ quarters. When they did finally take some shots, they drew back to back PI calls.

Bama's LBs and Secondary will be the ones causing confusion and they absolutely fly to the ball.

I'm holding strong w/ Bama by 2TDs.

lamont
01-01-2017, 04:40 PM

I think this is Bama's best D- and could certainly hold Clemson to 14-17 points....but thing is- I could see Clemson doing the same to Bama

msstate7
01-01-2017, 04:45 PM
I think this is Bama's best D- and could certainly hold Clemson to 14-17 points....but thing is- I could see Clemson doing the same to Bama

I think '11 was better...

'11 -- 8.2 ppg, '16 -- 11.4 ppg
'11 -- 183.6 yards per game, '16 -- 244 yards/game

Maroons
01-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Clemson outright

Not if Watson keeps throwing picks.

He's had 17 in 13 games this year. Keep that up and Bama may score again on D.

dawgday166
01-01-2017, 04:59 PM

Agree although this one is faster. This one makes more big plays in scoring TDs too I believe.

Contrary to Tusk's thinkin, I also believe '11 and '12 Oline's were much better for Bammer than this years. Those were dominant Olines, especially '12 - very dominant. Hurts' legs help some here. I kinda think this is one of Saban's lower tier Olines relative to his others.

I believe Clemson can win if Watson doesn't throw pick 6s. He's gotta take care of the ball better.

I agree with RP ... I think this could be low scoring game ... but also could see some defensive or special teams busts where either offense scores a few points.

TUSK
01-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Agree although this one is faster. This one makes more big plays in scoring TDs too I believe.

Contrary to Tusk's thinkin, I also believe '11 and '12 Oline's were much better for Bammer than this years. Those were dominant Olines, especially '12 - very dominant. Hurts' legs help some here. I kinda think this is one of Saban's lower tier Olines relative to his others.

I believe Clemson can win if Watson doesn't throw pick 6s. He's gotta take care of the ball better.

I agree with RP ... I think this could be low scoring game ... but also could see some defensive or special teams busts where either offense scores a few points.

all of that is true... I meant Bammer's '16 OL is better than in '15... overall, the team (as a whole) is arguably better, IMO... If we can fill some holes on the DL, the '17 team has a chance to be exceptional...

basedog
01-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Defense will win this Championship game, Bama will win. Bama want be sloppy and Clemson want score much on Saban's game plan.

Bama' defense is NFL good. 24-13.

msstate7
01-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Bama' defense is NFL good..

Don't start this again. There isn't an NFL team that wouldn't shred Bama... OM scored in the 40s. Bama is by far the best college defense though

dawgday166
01-01-2017, 05:16 PM
all of that is true... I meant Bammer's '16 OL is better than in '15... overall, the team (as a whole) is arguably better, IMO... If we can fill some holes on the DL, the '17 team has a chance to be exceptional...

16 > 15 I can see ... don't know if there is a huge gap tho. I can see Clemson making it pretty hard for Bammer to score ... but make no mistake, it will be hard for Clemson to score too. Watson has to be patient and not force it.

As far as 17 ... yea and ain't it great! ** Your whole offense is kinda young which is their problem a little right now. Hurts has some growing to do as a passer.

Your only real challenge next year will probably come from us ****

basedog
01-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Don't start this again. There isn't an NFL team that wouldn't shred Bama... OM scored in the 40s. Bama is by far the best college defense though

Not saying Bama would compete in NFL, saying they play and or coached like a NFL team, so much talent with depth and are coached better than everyone. Watch and learn.

defiantdog
01-01-2017, 05:51 PM
This will be a game where the defense that scores more wins the game

Reason2succeed
01-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Screw Alabama! They are so pompous die hard Bama fans come and have conversations among themselves about Bama on a State board. Go try that on one of their boards.

TUSK
01-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Screw Alabama! They are so pompous die hard Bama fans come and have conversations among themselves about Bama on a State board. Go try that on one of their boards.

Dude, Bammers didn't start this thread...

And you're right, this board is an Athenian Democracy compared to some Bammer Boards...

Reason2succeed
01-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Dude, Bammers didn't start this thread...

And you're right, this board is an Athenian Democracy compared to some Bammer Boards...

Thus the word "come".

TUSK
01-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Thus the word "come".

ten four... I'll check my privilege...

lamont
01-01-2017, 07:33 PM

with the offenses are putting up yards and points these days- even just 5 years later, thats much more even