PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about one of our possible MSU employees:

Jacksondevildog
12-31-2016, 07:37 PM
Is Derek Cody an employee of Mississippi State University? If so, why does he continue to talk about Oklahoma Sooner athletics and pop off about his political views on Twitter? You would think someone would have already told him to tone it down. Political views are fine, regardless of what you believe, but the Boomer Sooner shit gets old and I don't see if from other MSU employees.

jbjones
12-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Is Derek Cody an employee of Mississippi State University? If so, why does he continue to talk about Oklahoma Sooner athletics and pop off about his political views on Twitter? You would think someone would have already told him to tone it down. Political views are fine, regardless of what you believe, but the Boomer Sooner shit gets old and I don't see if from other MSU employees.

The employee directory is available on msstate.edu. Yes, he's an MSU employee.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2016, 07:48 PM
I think he's from Oklahoma if I'm not mistaken. It's his personal twitter I really don't mind. Not like he's a coach or anything he's a video guy. Similar to a professor to me on the pecking order & I wouldn't care if they rooted for their home team.

RocketDawg
12-31-2016, 07:48 PM

You have an example of said Tweets? If the governor's assistant can get away with what he was saying some months back, I'm thinking you could put just about anything on social media and be safe.

Jacksondevildog
12-31-2016, 07:50 PM
Understood, but weird nonetheless. If I was an employee of Iowa State, I would not be tweeting Hail State all the time, even though I was a fan. None of our other athletic department employees that I follow do that. Many of them didn't graduate from MSU.

I think he's from Oklahoma if I'm not mistaken. It's his personal twitter I really don't mind. Not like he's a coach or anything he's a video guy. Similar to a professor to me on the pecking order & I wouldn't care if they rooted for their home team.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2016, 07:56 PM
Better then hearing the coke sale man scream "Roll Tide" during the game. He got booed and probably no tips.

Reason2succeed
12-31-2016, 08:01 PM
Hint: stop following him if you don't like what he is saying.

Jacksondevildog
12-31-2016, 08:04 PM
I filter through his crap to find some good stuff at times. I was asking a legitimate question. Good evening.

preachermatt83
12-31-2016, 08:21 PM
His constant political posts are beyond annoying. I had to stop following him.

BeardoMSU
12-31-2016, 08:23 PM
His constant political posts are beyond annoying. I had to stop following him.

Well there you have it....

TheRef
12-31-2016, 08:44 PM
Also, just a PSA for you about Derek. He's gonna defend the EMCC guys. All of them. Even if they went to OM. He came to us from EMCC, so he has a special connection with that school.

Jacksondevildog
12-31-2016, 08:51 PM
That's also fine. We will never play or recruit against EMCC.

Also, just a PSA for you about Derek. He's gonna defend the EMCC guys. All of them. Even if they went to OM. He came to us from EMCC, so he has a special connection with that school.

BeastMan
12-31-2016, 09:25 PM
Just scanned his timeline. I saw 1 tweet negative about Trump and multiple tweets about the Oklahoma City Thunder. So we're offended because he has a favorite professional sports team and has political thoughts? Well, I'm a Grizzlies fan and a Libertarian. Hate away snowflakes.

ScoobaDawg
01-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Derek is from OK and is an OU fan but went to MSU and is a huge MSU fan too. Yes he works for us. He used to work at WCBI as a sports reporter. then from making MSU fan videos that we all loved he got hired at EMCC when they started to win (along with David Rosinski , former MSU Basketball SID), Then once the SEC Network happened and we added some more positions all those videos he had made as a fan paid off.

If you think now is bad about OU, keep watching. He is a BIG Kansas Basketball fan. and that will start up with conference play.

He's a good guy...and that's his PERSONAL twitter. As said above, if you don't like it don't follow it.

Crucifictorious
01-01-2017, 11:27 AM
I call BS on this. Sure you'd root for Iowa State but every Saturday you'd Hail State. Every staff and faculty member at MSU roots for their favorite team. Sometimes that's not State.