PDA

View Full Version : Do you hear how all the Bama fans are chanting S-E-C?

HoopsDawg
12-31-2016, 06:33 PM
that's why we all pull for the SEC come bowl season. It's an us against the rest of the country mentality. It's a pride thing.

msstate7
12-31-2016, 06:39 PM
Frick bama

Jack Lambert
12-31-2016, 06:40 PM
that's why we all pull for the SEC come bowl season. It's an us against the rest of the country mentality. It's a pride thing.
Washington did not impress me. Looked like they had some Pansies on their team. Defense was small.

Dawgface
12-31-2016, 06:40 PM
Frick bama

Agree. I ain't pulling for their ass.

GreenheadDawg
12-31-2016, 06:41 PM
Frick bama

I always pull for SEC during bowl season. Even Bama. But I can understand why some wouldn't. The only team I will NEVER pull for is OM. But I want the SEC to win all bowl games

TUSK
12-31-2016, 06:42 PM
We just supporting our investment.

Ess E See!!!

TUSK
12-31-2016, 06:42 PM
I always pull for SEC during bowl season. Even Bama. But I can understand why some wouldn't. The only team I will NEVER pull for is OM. But I want the SEC to win all bowl games

I'm the exact same as you... I root for UT & AU in bowl games... OM can eat a dick.

Reason2succeed
12-31-2016, 06:47 PM
Screw Alabama and the horse they rode in on.

Bully13
12-31-2016, 06:48 PM
Never cared much for the S E C chant. Didn't care for us doing it up in VA during baseball finals.

Reason2succeed
12-31-2016, 06:50 PM
Trust me if we were in the CFP and Alabama was in the St. Petersburg bowl there wouldn't be one Bama fan call in to Finebaum about how they weee pulling for State. It's all about them. They are chanting SEC because they don't have anything better to say.

Bully13
12-31-2016, 06:50 PM
I'm the exact same as you... I root for UT & AU in bowl games... OM can eat a dick.

Hear hear. Guess we won't have to worry about pulling against tsun this year though. Lol. Egg bowl got us in while keeping them home.

LC Dawg
12-31-2016, 06:55 PM
I'll bet Saban can't name all the teams in the SEC. That's how much of a shit we should give about Bama.

DownwardDawg
12-31-2016, 07:04 PM
I've never joined in the SEC chant. It always embarrasses me.

trob115
12-31-2016, 07:10 PM
Go Bucks or Tigers. I can't stand bama.

Coursesuper
12-31-2016, 07:13 PM
I feel the only thing we truly get from the SEC is a big check.

TUSK
12-31-2016, 07:14 PM
I'll bet Saban can't name all the teams in the SEC. That's how much of a shit we should give about Bama.

Probably true, but fortunately for those programs, MDL isn't in charge of sending out the SEC (subsidy) checks generated, in part, from his work...

edit: *

Liverpooldawg
12-31-2016, 07:19 PM

What's this "we" thing? Speak for yourself.

Gutter Cobreh
12-31-2016, 07:25 PM
Probably true, but fortunately for those programs, MDL isn't in charge of sending out the SEC (subsidy) checks generated, in part, from his work...

Touche. He has helped pad all pockets of SEC schools for years now. Can't deny that.

I think the best thing I like about him is that he truly is never satisfied. Even at the end, while cheap shots were taken on Foster - he was pissed about how his guys responded. Even looked like he sent a few to the locker room early to spare them from hurting the team.

TUSK
12-31-2016, 07:34 PM
Touche. He has helped pad all pockets of SEC schools for years now. Can't deny that.

I think the best thing I like about him is that he truly is never satisfied. Even at the end, while cheap shots were taken on Foster - he was pissed about how his guys responded. Even looked like he sent a few to the locker room early to spare them from hurting the team.

He's got he players and the program, in general, straight up brainwashed... it's impressive what he's been able to do with such an "entitled" fanbase, IMO....

QuadrupleOption
12-31-2016, 07:49 PM

I also like it when the SEC does well during bowl season because it indirectly helps MSU by holding up the "toughest conference in the nation" mentality displayed by talking heads on ESPN. An SEC loss doesn't hurt us as much when the SEC runs roughshod over every other team out there during the season and bowl season.

Plus quite frankly I can't help but admire Bama a little bit for their history of great teams. I mean, I want to kick their asses when we play but that's the thing - beating Bama means you've accomplished something. Hell, TSUN's been bragging about it for 3 years now.

I also get a little laugh when I watch them (or any other SEC team) demolish their competition because I'm basically like "We have to play these assholes every year. Y'all have fun now!"

RezDog7
12-31-2016, 07:52 PM
You can chant SEC with the bama fans all you want while they continue to thrash our ass but I will not be; not that it matters who I root for.

fader2103
12-31-2016, 08:01 PM
I hate Bama I hate LSU I hate Arkansas I hate auburn and I despise Ole Miss. I don't chant SEC just because I'm a State fan not a conference fan

TUSK
12-31-2016, 08:20 PM
this thread reminds me of the UN/USA argument....

LC Dawg
12-31-2016, 08:48 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot. Congratulations TUSK, Bama's good at football.

TUSK
12-31-2016, 09:06 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot. Congratulations TUSK, Bama's good at football.

Congrats may be premature, my friend... The Fightin' Dabos are lookin' Spooky Good...

LC Dawg
12-31-2016, 09:56 PM
Congrats may be premature, my friend... The Fightin' Dabos are lookin' Spooky Good...
In the words of the resident ED Bammer - No.

sleepy dawg
01-01-2017, 10:25 AM
I've never joined in the SEC chant. It always embarrasses me.

ditto... I'm just not that cocky.

defiantdog
01-01-2017, 10:36 AM
You're basically looking at your future head coach when Saban retires.

msstate7
01-01-2017, 10:42 AM
You're basically looking at your future head coach when Saban retires.

Gotta figure that's the case. How dabo does post-venables and post-Watson will be the determining factor imo.

Token Bammer
01-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Just a couple of points....

1) Saban is a huge advocate for our league. Always has been.

2) I completely understand the BAMA hate because the top dog always gets the most. It is this way in every league. However, the SEC winning bowl games only makes our league more appealing and helps everyone as a whole. The SEC's recent dominance has helped everyone in our conference.

3) Tusk, I expected more from you than pulling for da barn in bowl games. Awbren is Ole Miss perfected. They practically invented cheating and would burn Tuscaloosa down and piss on the ashes if they could.

4) Dabo has already proven he can coach without Watson. His first three years were rocky but beginning in 2011 (his 3rd full season, started mid season in 2008) he began to put his stamp on the program.

2011 10-4 Orange Bowl
2012 11-2 Chicken Bowl
2013 11-2 Orange Bowl
2014 10-3 Citrus Bowl (Watson started 5 games)
2015 14-1 Runner-up
2016 To be determined

5) Dabo has already recruited another stud QB to replace Watson

6) Dabo, imo, is the next Bobby Bowden. Either BAMA is going to foul up hiring him like they did with Bobby or continue rolling with Dabo. My concern is that Dabo doesn't fit the classic BAMA persona of Bear, Stallings, or Saban. We would be morons to pass on Dabo.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-01-2017, 03:17 PM
We just supporting our investment.

Ess E See!!!

They should be chanting "G E D" as that is the highest educational achievement most of them has attained.

TUSK
01-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Tusk, I expected more from you than pulling for da barn in bowl games. Awbren is Ole Miss perfected. They practically invented cheating and would burn Tuscaloosa down and piss on the ashes if they could.

Not that it's "excusable" but I don't mind AU bc of my geographical location... and bc they suck, right now...

I actually consider TSIO the "biggest" day of the year...

gtowndawg
01-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Trust me if we were in the CFP and Alabama was in the St. Petersburg bowl there wouldn't be one Bama fan call in to Finebaum about how they weee pulling for State. It's all about them. They are chanting SEC because they don't have anything better to say.

Completely agree. I hope Clemson wears them out and gives them the reach around while they are doing it.