PDA

View Full Version : No talk of om investigation

msstate7
12-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Has rosebowl not given any tidbits from his source(s)? Any word of what's in the 2nd letter?

Political Hack
12-30-2016, 11:04 PM
The update could range from Tunsil to the 2017 PSAs. Might take a while to sort through it all. Committee meets in April, but there's a significant chance it gets pushed again. Starting to wonder if Archie told them to delay it as long as they can in hopes the P5 pulls away from the NCAA before it's finished. That's about the only thing that could save them at this point IMO.

lamont
12-30-2016, 11:53 PM
the OM football staff all just jumped ship. That should tell you all you need to know.

msstate7
12-30-2016, 11:56 PM
the OM football staff all just jumped ship. That should tell you all you need to know.

Yeah, I know it's bad. I just wonder why the tidbits have stop coming. Could rosebowl's info been coming from within OM athletic dept and they shut it down?

Dawg61
12-31-2016, 12:02 AM
Could rosebowl's info been coming from within OM athletic dept and they shut it down?

looks like they just shutdown the OM athletic dept instead

Bucky Dog
12-31-2016, 12:09 AM
Just had dinner with some die hard OM fans. Haven't brought the investigation up in awhile but my wife asked about it. Their take is it is a witch hunt by the NCAA to prove a point. They admitted they don't think we are behind it all but have contributed to it lately. Said the NCAA investigator has been parked on campus for 4 years, brought on by Nutt and women's sports, denial. They did admit it was the 2013 class the sparked the attention and the Tunsil draft debacle was the killer.

They admit Richt and Saban, et al, all got pissed after that class, but also try to say that Bama has more money flowing than all of us combined and that's what sucks. The friends also said they cannot believe that Bdork and Freeze get in arguments with trolls on Twitter and should have gotten off of it long ago. It only makes them look more guilty.

Anyway, their take is 3-4 years probation with reduction in schollies of anywhere from 5-7 per year, and a one year bowl ban. More denial!

Leeshouldveflanked
12-31-2016, 12:11 AM
That makes you think Ole Miss got something in the mail on December 7th or so.. I don't think Werner was fired because of performance.... he was out on the road crootin day before he was fired... they wouldn't have sent him out crootin if they knew they were going to get rid of him....I figure you will see something out about 2nd or admended NOA before signing day.....

Reason2succeed
12-31-2016, 12:24 AM
The NCAA probe is so deep in OM's arse that there is now a delay on info getting back just like a satellite in the nether reaches of the solar system.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-31-2016, 12:31 AM
It's Christmas and New Year's. Even the NCAA gestapo celebrates these two holiday's. They're all sitting around smoking cigars, sipping scotch and laughing at some of the stuff they have uncovered. Patience....the longer it goes, the better it's gonna be. Besides, you want it all to come to a head when there is nothing else going on that way all the talking heads continue to talk about it for a while. #shitbirds

Todd4State
12-31-2016, 01:00 AM
The update could range from Tunsil to the 2017 PSAs. Might take a while to sort through it all. Committee meets in April, but there's a significant chance it gets pushed again. Starting to wonder if Archie told them to delay it as long as they can in hopes the P5 pulls away from the NCAA before it's finished. That's about the only thing that could save them at this point IMO.

I hope Archie tells them to delay it so that this cloud can hang over them as long as possible. Especially from a recruiting standpoint.

Ari Gold
12-31-2016, 07:12 AM
The greatest thing is based on their recruiting class, coach hirings and general outlook on the program it's like they are on probation now.. and it's only going to get worse.. Everyone just sit back and ****ing enjoy the show.
Happy ****ing New Year Oxford.

Dawgface
12-31-2016, 08:13 AM
Just had dinner with some die hard OM fans. Haven't brought the investigation up in awhile but my wife asked about it. Their take is it is a witch hunt by the NCAA to prove a point. They admitted they don't think we are behind it all but have contributed to it lately. Said the NCAA investigator has been parked on campus for 4 years, brought on by Nutt and women's sports, denial. They did admit it was the 2013 class the sparked the attention and the Tunsil draft debacle was the killer.

They admit Richt and Saban, et al, all got pissed after that class, but also try to say that Bama has more money flowing than all of us combined and that's what sucks. The friends also said they cannot believe that Bdork and Freeze get in arguments with trolls on Twitter and should have gotten off of it long ago. It only makes them look more guilty.

Anyway, their take is 3-4 years probation with reduction in schollies of anywhere from 5-7 per year, and a one year bowl ban. More denial!

Talking about denial. Had a beer with my OM drinking buddy last night and he continues to harp on the 'witch hunt' theme. The OM athletic dept must have put out a memo to all bear followers to use this theme when discussing the investigation. Ha. He also said the Ncaa had already agreed to the OM proposals of penalties but the additional months of investigating had really hurt their recruiting. He's right about that but they are kidding themselves if they don't think the Ncaa will add to their proposal.

Schultzy
12-31-2016, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=Bucky Dog;679221

They admit Richt and Saban, et al, all got pissed after that class, but also try to say that Bama has more money flowing than all of us combined and that's what sucks.

Alabama has sixteen 5 stars and 44 four stars along with 21 three stars on their roster.

Ohio State has three 5 stars and 30 something four stars.

Clemson has three 5 stars and 30 something four stars.

Washington has zero 5 stars and 16 four stars.

I'm remembering this from sports talk radio but the numbers are staggering...and yeah, I don't care who you are, players are getting paid handsomely in T-town. As far as OM goes it's just the quiet before the storm but I'm not anxious for it to end, slow bake is harming them badly.

defiantdog
12-31-2016, 08:43 AM
The NCAA hasn't finished their interviews. Freeze's problem is that he got involved with the boosters. You don't see Saban getting involved with Reuben Foster and Ronnie Harrison's matching corvettes (that are leased). Saban knows to stay away while Freeze felt the need to be in the middle of everything.

Thick
12-31-2016, 10:00 AM
Freeze was on family vacation in Beaver Creek (irony at it's best) when Akers announces his decision. That in and of itself kind of says it all. He loves recruiting and the limelight that comes with signing big names. He knows what's coming, and he knows his days are numbered.

Todd4State
12-31-2016, 02:06 PM
The NCAA hasn't finished their interviews. Freeze's problem is that he got involved with the boosters. You don't see Saban getting involved with Reuben Foster and Ronnie Harrison's matching corvettes (that are leased). Saban knows to stay away while Freeze felt the need to be in the middle of everything.

Or is it the Ole Miss Network demands to be involved with the head coach? I don't believe that Alabama or anyone else cheats on the level that Ole Miss does/did and I think that has been the main issue the whole time. I think Ole Miss is throwing more money and offering more benefits because that's what they have to do to compete in the "market" they are in since they don't have the championships, pedigree, and they have the Confederate theme going on which Bama, FSU, LSU, etc. don't have to deal with.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2016, 02:19 PM
Or is it the Ole Miss Network demands to be involved with the head coach? I don't believe that Alabama or anyone else cheats on the level that Ole Miss does/did and I think that has been the main issue the whole time. I think Ole Miss is throwing more money and offering more benefits because that's what they have to do to compete in the "market" they are in since they don't have the championships, pedigree, and they have the Confederate theme going on which Bama, FSU, LSU, etc. don't have to deal with.

I think it worked like this. Gonna use an analogy so just follow what I'm saying.

Alabama is the Yankees &, on average spend, 1 mil on each player & thus have a payroll of 1 mil x 85 = an $85 million payroll

Ole Miss operates like the Marlins & on average spend $500 K on each player, but are willing to go to $2 mil on a "targeted" player. ($500K x 70) + ($ 2 mil x 15) = a $65 million payroll

Bama spends the most on average, but Ole Miss was going "ALL IN" on selected players.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2016, 02:31 PM
The NCAA was set up by congress in the early 20th century to protect players. Can the P5's legally leave the NCAA?