PDA

View Full Version : Batoon upgrades to FAU

Leeshouldveflanked
12-30-2016, 03:27 PM
Another opening at Ole Miss

RocketDawg
12-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Florida Atlantic's going to have almost a complete SEC coaching staff. Granted, most are from UNM, but still ....

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2016, 03:44 PM
They don't have another opening because of this. McGriff took his spot. They still have a DL Coach spot open that they claim Trey Scott DL Coach at UNC will take after their bowl game.

Jacksondevildog
12-30-2016, 03:47 PM
Brand new staff with NCAA sanctions coming, horrible returning defense, limited running game, and a bad 2017 recruiting class. It's a bad recipe for them next season.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Maybe Ole Miss can give him one of those Associate AD positions....

HoopsDawg
12-30-2016, 04:05 PM
Florida Atlantic's going to have almost a complete SEC coaching staff. Granted, most are from UNM, but still ....

Kiffin is going to make FAU the new U. They may win a bowl game in a couple of years and then get put on probation.

msstate7
12-30-2016, 04:07 PM
Kiffin is going to make FAU the new U. They may win a bowl game in a couple of years and then get put on probation.

Johnson at qb with Kiffin and briles coaching him could be a dangerous combo in cusa

lamont
12-30-2016, 04:18 PM
Brand new staff with NCAA sanctions coming, horrible returning defense, limited running game, and a bad 2017 recruiting class. It's a bad recipe for them next season.

this all day

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2016, 04:33 PM
Problem is that OM has one easy ass schedule in 2017.

They drew Vandy & Kentucky from the East

Out of conference is South AL, ULL, TN Martin, & Cal on the road Cal (Will be a shoot out)

A&M, Ark, LSU, & Vandy at home.

OM will win at least 6 next year unless they implode.

GreenheadDawg
12-30-2016, 04:36 PM

Out of conference is South AL, ULL, TN Martin, & Cal on the road Cal (Will be a shoot out)

I don't see 6 wins. Their defense is gonna be worse than this year.

Tripp McNeely
12-30-2016, 05:01 PM

They aren't beating Vandy, Cal, or anybody from the West

MaroonDawg4Life
12-30-2016, 05:02 PM
They still wont be able to go to a bowl game next year.

MafiaDawg
12-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Why would a coach leave UNC for that sinking ship?

RezDog7
12-30-2016, 05:15 PM

Have you not seen their campus, it's beautiful.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-30-2016, 05:19 PM

UNC is on their 3rd NOA.....

Really Clark?
12-30-2016, 05:28 PM

Scott has been with Freeze before at Ar St and at UNM. Also, it may be a situation that UNC has already told him to look elsewhere. Their defense has gotten worse and his group has declined every year since he got there.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2016, 05:35 PM

IDK.

Look, their program is going down the shitter, but I think they are going to be pretty good on offense next year.

It's true that their defense will be shit, but I think Pay Shea is pretty good, he's got numerous WRs, will have a fairly experienced OL, & Swinney & Wilkins will both be back at RB. Their offense is going to score some points.

I see them going to 6-6 or 7-5 next year. It's downhill from there. They may repeat 6-6 or 7-5 in 2018, but it's 3 or 4 wins for 2019, 2020, etc

The bowl ban will make sure they don't make a bowl game for the next few years when they'll actually have a team capable of winning a bowl game, but after that they won't need a bowl ban. The team will suck.

My 6-6 & 7-5 prediction is obviously contingent on them not having key transfers once the sanctions hit. If a few of their key guys transfer, it will expedite the downfall.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2016, 05:37 PM
IDK.

Look, their program is going down the shitter, but I think they are going to be pretty good on offense next year.

It's true that their defense will be shit, but I think Pay Shea is pretty good, he's got numerous WRs, will have a fairly experienced OL, & Swinney & Wilkins will both be back at RB. Their offense is going to score some points.

I see them going to 6-6 or 7-5 next year. It's downhill from there. They may repeat 6-6 or 7-5 in 2018, but it's 3 or 4 wins for 2019, 2020, etc

Any prediction need to be withheld until the summer when sanctions get handed down. It's going to be hard to get a team up for those toss up games if/when you're not playing for a bowl bid.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2016, 05:42 PM
Any prediction need to be withheld until the summer when sanctions get handed down. It's going to be hard to get a team up for those toss up games if/when you're not playing for a bowl bid.

Absolutely agree. Just speaking from talent perspective.

Once sanctions come down, they could have massive transfers & it negates the entire thing

Dawgology
12-30-2016, 06:28 PM
IDK.

The bowl ban will make sure they don't make a bowl game for the next few years when they'll actually have a team capable of winning a bowl game, but after that they won't need a bowl ban. The team will suck.

My 6-6 & 7-5 prediction is obviously contingent on them not having key transfers once the sanctions hit. If a few of their key guys transfer, it will expedite the downfall.
If they didn't win 6 this year I don't see how they will next year. They have no talent on D stepping in, Shea looked like warmed over shit, their OL MIGHT be a tad better but they couldn't be worse, they don't have a rb to speak of...they have some receivers but they are losing some of those too. I just don't see it.

msbulldog
12-30-2016, 06:36 PM
Scott has been with Freeze before at Ar St and at UNM. Also, it may be a situation that UNC has already told him to look elsewhere. Their defense has gotten worse and his group has declined every year since he got there.

Money, if he's Freezes buddy, freeze will give him a boost, watch.

Really Clark?
12-30-2016, 08:40 PM
It is confirmed now that Scott is joining UNM as DL coach. No surprise and it was a done deal for a few weeks.

Goldendawg
12-30-2016, 08:51 PM
If a former UNM coach now at another school gets a showcause when the penalties come down maybe this summer what happens to his position at his current job? I know Tn fired Donnie Kindal (sp) and Southern was put on probation.

Really Clark?
12-30-2016, 08:54 PM
If a former UNM coach now at another school gets a showcause when the penalties come down maybe this summer what happens to his position at his current job? I know Tn fired Donnie Kindal (sp) and Southern was put on probation.

The show cause follows that coach, within the NCAA ranks. So the new school would have to appear before the COI to "show cause" why he should be able to stay on staff or they go ahead and part ways.

Goldendawg
12-30-2016, 08:58 PM
Looks like some of these new employers may have sudden openings in the spring perhaps.

lamont
12-30-2016, 08:59 PM

Kentucky won 6 games this year and will be better next year- that will be a game. Kentucky returns 4 guys on the OL, their QB and TB, and most of their WR's. They will be bowling again in 2017

msstate7
12-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Kentucky won 6 games this year and will be better next year- that will be a game. Kentucky returns 4 guys on the OL, their QB and TB, and most of their WR's. They will be bowling again in 2017

Will boom come back? If not, he and kemp will be huge losses

confucius say
12-30-2016, 10:07 PM

Talk about some misfits on that staff. Joey freshwater, kiffin the former criminal and ncaa rules violator, and kendall briles who just got hit up by the NCAA this week for recruiting improprieties.

confucius say
12-30-2016, 10:13 PM

The easy was all time bad this year. Uga, fla, and tenn were avg at best. Usce, vandy, and mizzou were even worse. Maybe it will be next year too though.

lamont
12-30-2016, 10:27 PM
The easy was all time bad this year. Uga, fla, and tenn were avg at best. Usce, vandy, and mizzou were even worse. Maybe it will be next year too though.

The entire SEC will be improved in 2017. OM and Tenn may be the only teams worse than they were in 2016

Todd4State
12-31-2016, 03:15 AM

Kentucky is going to be pretty tough for them too.

Todd4State
12-31-2016, 03:20 AM
If they didn't win 6 this year I don't see how they will next year. They have no talent on D stepping in, Shea looked like warmed over shit, their OL MIGHT be a tad better but they couldn't be worse, they don't have a rb to speak of...they have some receivers but they are losing some of those too. I just don't see it.

The thing to remember about Shea is he is actually going to be where most redshirt freshmen are in terms of development next year. That's why burning his redshirt was a horrible idea.

Todd4State
12-31-2016, 03:26 AM

Not to mention the uncertainty with their coaching staff next year as it is almost certain that they are going to have to replace the entire staff if this goes down like 1994 with Brewer. It's hard for the coaches to be motivated when they are looking around- as you know from personal experience.** It also gives the players very little motivation to play for coaches that they know won't be around for another year.

Todd4State
12-31-2016, 03:28 AM
The show cause follows that coach, within the NCAA ranks. So the new school would have to appear before the COI to "show cause" why he should be able to stay on staff or they go ahead and part ways.

Which is why Chris was smart to hook up with his brother at FAU who will probably make sure he is taken care of when the hammer falls. It also helps that Lane has a Dad that can step in if/when Chris gets the show cause too.

msbulldog
12-31-2016, 10:24 AM
Will boom come back? If not, he and kemp will be huge losses

Saw where Boom announced he's coming back.

Bully13
12-31-2016, 10:48 AM
Not lying. I had a dream last night Ole Miss lost 7 schollys a year for 4 years. 28 total. Can't remember the other details. But you can put the 28 in the bank. Book it.

msstate7
12-31-2016, 10:50 AM

Huge for Kentucky

msstate7
12-31-2016, 10:51 AM
Not lying. I had a dream last night Ole Miss lost 7 schollys a year for 4 years. 28 total. Can't remember the other details. But you can put the 28 in the bank. Book it.

Modern day Joseph**

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2016, 05:41 PM

He declared.

Coursesuper
12-31-2016, 06:19 PM
He declared.

Yep, gone to the league.

lamont
12-31-2016, 07:20 PM
Their freshman is pretty good and their OL will be better. They return 9 starters on D and should improve. They need to improve the passing game and have to get better on D. Big game for us when they come to Sville in 17. Got to win that one