PDA

View Full Version : What ya lookin for w/Dak?

BeastMan
09-06-2013, 02:52 PM
The #1 thing I want to see is quick, decisive decision making. That's the main thing that has hurt TR. I wanna see Dak go through a read, make a decision, & get rid if the dang ball quickly. What y'all got?

Coach 57
09-06-2013, 02:55 PM
A properly executed spread offense designed around the right skill set.

FlabLoser
09-06-2013, 02:56 PM
+1

But against Alcorn, I'm not looking for much of anything. If we don't steamroll Alcorn with any malformed, ill-advised scheme there is a problem.

blacklistedbully
09-06-2013, 03:15 PM
+1

But against Alcorn, I'm not looking for much of anything. If we don't steamroll Alcorn with any malformed, ill-advised scheme there is a problem.

Exactly. We should steamroll Alcorn even if I was QB.

Political Hack
09-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I think we'll see the same offense.

i want consistency between the extremes. No 2 yard clouds of dust every single play and I want to score without having to rely on big plays. I just want to see a consistent, well executed, good timing, efficient and effective offense. I could care less about Dak's numbers, run/pass splits, or anything like that.

And most importantly, I want to see him remain healthy.

mic
09-06-2013, 03:29 PM
I think we'll see the same offense.

i want consistency between the extremes. No 2 yard clouds of dust every single play and I want to score without having to rely on big plays. I just want to see a consistent, well executed, good timing, efficient and effective offense. I could care less about Dak's numbers, run/pass splits, or anything like that.

And most importantly, I want to see him remain healthy.

Yes REMAIN HEALTHY.....

TopDog58
09-06-2013, 03:42 PM
400 yards, 5 TDs combined and 150 rushing.

icecreamdawg
09-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Tim Tebow on steroids. Seriously though, I'd settle for a Chris Relf with a little better arm.

quickstrike2
09-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Tim Tebow on steroids. Seriously though, I'd settle for a Chris Relf with a little better arm.

Exactly, this is all i want out of the Dak. We won a Gator Bowl with Chris Relf, i just wanted our next qb to have a little more touch. That seems so long ago now after watching our offense lately.

Coach34
09-06-2013, 04:23 PM
I want two drives of ground and pound read option, counters, leads, and sweeps...and then we start throwing it our around to work on the passing game with some base runs mixed in.

I want us to pull a Mike Justice on the first two drives and not throw one damn pass

cheewgumm
09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
I am afraid that we will see the same offense, it will just work now, because it's against Alcorn. Mullen will think "problem solved" and we'll be off to get beat by Auburn. Hopefully I'm wrong.

MarketingBully01
09-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Better execution. What you guys don't understand (or the idiots who are bitching about our offense) is that we had mental errors and penalties galore in the first game of every season. We just don't usually start with a team of the caliber of OSU to start the season. Heck, we tripped over our own feet coming out of the locker room our first game of the season last year against JSU.

I say, we beat ASU 56-7. Our run game will look good and our passing game will look good. We get a TD from special teams Lewis runs one back on a kickoff in other words and we might get a pick six.

I think Dak will pass for 200+ and run for 50-60+. JRob goes for a 150 and we will regain some confidence going into the Auburn game. Heck, who knows maybe Robinson will feel more comfortable at a guard spot then a tackle spot and we will feel better about him as well.

As for me, I will be ready to read the message boards again without all of the chicken littles and other guys saying we go 0-12 and what not. This last week MSU boards have been hard to stomach. All of them...

BogeyGolfer
09-06-2013, 05:30 PM
I want to see how our O Line responds after a piss poor performance week 1. I don't care if it's Alcorn, I want to see good pass/run blocking. Also, I want to see if DAK can read the DE properly. Like I mentioned the other day, with Tyler, we take way too long to get in and out of the huddle and run plays, it's like we are trying to run an NFL offense without NFL talent.

BeastMan
09-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Love the Mike Justice reference Coach. Slight high jack but he's back in the metro area enjoying retirement. Playing a bunch of golf I presume. I talked to him a cpl weeks ago and he looked to be doing well health wise.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2013, 07:31 PM
I just want to see him command the offense. I want to see him changing into proper plays based on coverages, reading the D, and most of all reading the Defensive End on the zone read. Outside of that, just stay healthy and try to get a little bit better every time he takes the field.

Coach 57
09-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Agree with Bogey........somewhat. Dak not only isn't reading the DE. But when we run zone stretch/mid-line read he isn't reading the MLB. I also want to see our OL COMING OFF THE BALL! Creating holes for Josh, Nick & Milton. Giving Dak time to read the coverages. And yes Hack is on by saying HEALTH.

DapperDawg
09-07-2013, 09:19 AM
I want to see Milton getting carries and being successful at it. I like him and think he has a ton of potential. I know it's not Dak, but no need to regurgitate what's already been said.

ckDOG
09-07-2013, 10:30 AM
I want to see him throw a few deep balls and let his WRs make some plays. I want to see a decisive QB that doesn't require separation before he decides to throw. I want Dak to anticipate and let the WRs make plays with well placed balls. I also hope he makes friends with Bear Wilson ASAP. I'm really excited about that guy. Let's get him some quick screens and see if he can be more physical than the corners. I'm pretty confident in those being consistent gainers.

I'm pretty excited to see Dak in a game for an extended period and not situationally. I feel his upside as a true dual threat will be displayed much better when the D isn't expecting a run when he trots onto the field in 3rd/4th and short.