PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Sirmon

It_Could_Happen
12-29-2016, 03:49 PM
Just committed to U-Dub. Am I the only one that thinks it's a problem our DC's kid committed to Washington?

dawgs
12-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Nah, I don't thing it's a big deal. He primarily grew up on the west coast, including a few years when sirmon was at UW. Only 1 year in the south, I could see him wanting to he back west. Probably has more friends out there, and UW is a damn good program with one of the best non-Saban/non-urban coaches in the country.

Now if sirmon had been here years and we still couldn't pull his son, I might be more concerned.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Maybe he wants to be a 4-3 Linebacker?

thf24
12-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Could just mean he's not that great and dad's realistic about it. According to 247 he doesn't even have an offer from us.

defiantdog
12-29-2016, 03:58 PM
He's close to his cousin who also committed to Washington.

DLGDawg
12-29-2016, 04:02 PM
Also throw in the fact that daddio is on very thin ice with us.

Bothrops
12-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Why would this be an issue?

Johnson85
12-29-2016, 04:10 PM

I would think this is the biggest issue. What odds would you put on Sirmone being here next year?

HSVDawg
12-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Could just mean he's not that great and dad's realistic about it. According to 247 he doesn't even have an offer from us.

Thats probably it. Good enough for a team in the CFP who also has a NC in the last 25 years, but not good enough for MSU***

In reality, it could be another situation like Bianco's kid where neither wants to deal with the awkwardness of father coaching son. Or it could be that he doesn't want to go somewhere that he has literally no ties, and therefore we didn't waste the effort of offering or recruiting him.

defiantdog
12-29-2016, 04:16 PM

We won't fire Sirmon..... but there may be a chance he leaves.

DLGDawg
12-29-2016, 04:34 PM
We won't fire Sirmon..... but there may be a chance he leaves.

I agree he'll be our D.C. for 2017. Unless he leaves like you say.
But...if he produces another defense ranked over 100 in total D....his seat would have to be on fire. Wouldn't it??

thf24
12-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Thats probably it. Good enough for a team in the CFP who also has a NC in the last 25 years, but not good enough for MSU***

Sure, not bad, along with a grand total of three other FBS offers including the likes of the mighty Vanderbilt Commodores and the University of Memphis Tigers. No telling if he can play or not before he steps on a football field, but he's obviously not a heavily sought-after, can't-miss type prospect at this point in time.

I seen it dawg
12-29-2016, 04:42 PM

I doubt Washington is taking kids that can't play...correct me but aren't they pretty good?

HSVDawg
12-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Sure, not bad, along with a grand total of three other FBS offers including the likes of the mighty Vanderbilt Commodores and the University of Memphis Tigers. No telling if he can play or not before he steps on a football field, but he's obviously not a heavily sought-after, can't-miss type prospect at this point in time.

You left out a Wisconsin offer which was another Top 10 program this year. He is also higher rated and has more offers than Kaleb Oliver who we took a commitment from at the same position.

Looking at our board, it seems clear that we aren't making LB a priority with this year's class because we only lose Richie. Obviously we are holding a spot for Gay, and it could be that we had early feelers out to both Oliver and Sirmon and told both we'd take the first one that committed. Those may be the only 2 spots available. But the dude isn't a scrub, and I have a feeling if there was any even slight interest on little Sirmon's side that we would try to make room for him given the circumstances.

RougeDawg
12-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Anyone know if they threw a watch party for his announcement?

thf24
12-29-2016, 05:03 PM
I doubt Washington is taking kids that can't play...correct me but aren't they pretty good?

You left out a Wisconsin offer which was another Top 10 program this year. He is also higher rated and has more offers than Kaleb Oliver who we took a commitment from at the same position.

Looking at our board, it seems clear that we aren't making LB a priority with this year's class because we only lose Richie. Obviously we are holding a spot for Gay, and it could be that we had early feelers out to both Oliver and Sirmon and told both we'd take the first one that committed. Those may be the only 2 spots available. But the dude isn't a scrub, and I have a feeling if there was any even slight interest on little Sirmon's side that we would try to make room for him given the circumstances.

Who's saying he can't play? I'm just saying there's probably a reason that he doesn't have many offers, despite two good ones, and not one from us. It doesn't take interest on his part for us to offer. Poor way to put it on my part in the first place, though.

Covercorner2
12-29-2016, 05:26 PM

Sirmon is a 2018 kid.

defiantdog
12-29-2016, 05:30 PM

I heard they're in a playoff of some sort

RocketDawg
12-29-2016, 05:30 PM

No, they're in the Pac 12. **

Goldendawg
12-29-2016, 06:39 PM
He's a 2018 commit, but 24/7 has him rated as a .8763, high three star. Probably been recruited by them for some time. Maybe his dad will have our D lights out in 2017, and both he and we would want a flip.

SDDawg
12-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Just committed to U-Dub. Am I the only one that thinks it's a problem our DC's kid committed to Washington?

Yes, you are the only one.

Gutter Cobreh
12-29-2016, 08:50 PM

I wouldn't want to play D-1 football for my father, and I love and respect him immensely. Most people want to go to college to get away from their parents. Can you imagine not only not being able to get away but have him down your throat for hours on end every day?

HSVDawg
12-30-2016, 01:36 AM
Sirmon is a 2018 kid.

Ah...my mistake. Thanks for the correction.