PDA

View Full Version : Rockey Felker

Leeshouldveflanked
12-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Not slinging mud or anything.... but what is Rockey Felker's job duties?

Jack Lambert
12-29-2016, 09:27 AM
Being "Rockey Felker" is his duties. When he is dead John Bond will replace that position and his job duties will be "Being John Bond". Both those guys should have permanent position in our Athletic department. When Dak Retires from the NFL he will take that position.

thf24
12-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Being "Rockey Felker" is his duties. When he is dead John Bond will replace that position and his job duties will be "Being John Bond". Both those guys should have permanent position in our Athletic department. When Dak Retires from the NFL he will take that position.

There can be only one.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2016, 10:44 AM
His title is Director of Player Development but he's really just an ambassador for MSU football.

HaggardDawg
12-29-2016, 10:51 AM
He does a lot more than you think. Basically in charge of official visitors, classroom accountability, alumni relations, and he is well respected in the football offices for "being Rockey". He's our last SEC player of the year which is crazy. When the players need something on or off the field, they go to Rockey, and not in a Barney Farrar kind of way. Wife Susan is battling cancer right now so keep them in your prayers.

AlSwearengen
12-29-2016, 10:58 AM
I've heard him described as a Liaison among other things. All schools have people who do these things and they are needed.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Rockey is a great bulldog. We are lucky to have him.

I wish he had been 10 years older when we hired him as coach. So glad it worked out that he came back to us in the end.

State82
12-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Rockey is a great bulldog. We are lucky to have him.

I wish he had been 10 years older when we hired him as coach. So glad it worked out that he came back to us in the end.

Yes. A fine man. Really glad we have him.

bulldawg28
12-29-2016, 01:20 PM
Lol...Rocky doesn't do anything.

LC Dawg
12-29-2016, 02:08 PM

Rockey really does do more than a lot of people know and he is important to Mississippi State but I think the position of "Being John Bond" would be much more fun.

Mutt the Hoople
12-29-2016, 09:52 PM
Rockey really does do more than a lot of people know and he is important to Mississippi State but I think the position of "Being John Bond" would be much more fun.
John Bond "Being John Bond" and Eddie Hornback as his assistant would be off the hook.

Liverpooldawg
12-29-2016, 11:31 PM
To a lot of Dawgs my age Rocky will always be larger than life. He is one of the major reasons I AM a Dawg.

CadaverDawg
12-29-2016, 11:56 PM
To a lot of Dawgs my age Rocky will always be larger than life. He is one of the major reasons I AM a Dawg.

So we found Rocky's one mistake?

Sorry, you put it on a tee for me.

lamont
12-30-2016, 12:24 AM
Rockey is earning his money with what he does. Jack of all trades for the football department.

Hevesy remains the top albatross due to his lack of recruiting on the OL

Corn Bread
12-30-2016, 12:32 AM
John Bond "Being John Bond" and Eddie Hornback as his assistant would be off the hook.

Rocky is a true dog. Bond is to. Where in the world is Hornback! He is a true dog and a field killer in the day.

Liverpooldawg
12-30-2016, 12:34 AM
So we found Rocky's one mistake?

Sorry, you put it on a tee for me.

Keep your day job.

HaggardDawg
12-30-2016, 07:43 AM
A lot of people don't realize that when Rockey was named interim HC after Croom was fired, he is responsible for holding that 2009 class together while we were all following flight tracker. Dan solidified that class when hired, but Rockey was the glue for that class during transition.

FISHDAWG
12-30-2016, 08:38 AM

I played against Hornback when he was at Ocean Springs ... one of the most talented players I ever saw in HS

Liverpooldawg
12-30-2016, 09:59 AM
John Bond was my era at State. John Bond being John Bond would have a hard time in today's media environment! ;)

MaroonFlounder
12-30-2016, 10:15 AM
John mf-ing Bond is still, to this day, one of the coolest guys on the planet.

the59dawg
12-31-2016, 12:17 AM
Lol...Rocky doesn't do anything.

Sorry bull, you're way outa line and completely incorrect to boot. Shame, shame!!!:mad:

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-31-2016, 01:43 AM
John mf-ing Bond is still, to this day, one of the coolest guys on the planet.

Hell yeah he is...