PDA

View Full Version : Latest Coaches Hot Seat Ranking

Bucky Dog
12-29-2016, 09:07 AM
There's our boy Freeze right there in the top 10, along with sumlin, Bret and Butch. I'm betting Bret is the only one that makes it past next year. Sumlin might be fine with Freeze before next year!

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Jack Lambert
12-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Saban is at 128. That list shows Mullen making 5 Million and Freeze making 4.5 million. Did they get that backwards?

Bucky Dog
12-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Saban is at 128. That list shows Mullen making 5 Million and Freeze making 4.5 million. Did they get that backwards?

Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe he already re negotiated and we didn't know about it. Mullen is in the green zone right in the middle of the pack.

dawgday166
12-29-2016, 10:49 AM

Dan goes 6-6 next year he needs to be moved up that list.

NCDawg
12-29-2016, 12:20 PM
No wonder Mullen can't find another comparable job somewhere else. No one will pay him as much as we do. He's vastly overpaid in my opinion, considering the size of our school and the results we've had.

msbulldog
12-29-2016, 12:22 PM
No wonder Mullen can't find another comparable job somewhere else. No one will pay him as much as we do. He's vastly overpaid in my opinion, considering the size of our school and the results we've had.

Hmmm? #1 for 5 weeks, never been there before.

msstate7
12-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Dan goes 6-6 next year he needs to be moved up that list.

Maybe... not all 6-6s are created equally though. If we're healthy all year, look bad vs good teams, and the defense isn't showing any improvement, then Mullen's seat should be warm, not scalding though. If the opposite happens though and the schedule is flipping for '18, Mullen should be fine.

msstate7
12-29-2016, 12:52 PM

What do you think Mullen should do here for the salary he earns?

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-29-2016, 12:53 PM
Dan shat the bed. We know it. He knows it. In my book he's earned the right to try and correct his mistake.

So far, he's moving in the right direction. The team got better as the year went along. That's a positive. He beat OM. That's a positive. His team earned the right to play in a bowl game due to their grades. That's a positive. His name came up for other jobs and he publicly came out and said he's not interested and happy at MSU. That's a positive. He signed a great haul of juco and high school players in Dec. That's a positive. He worked it where Thompson got through the clearing house and SEC and then enrolled to participate in one bowl practice to lock him up from being further recruited. That's a positive.

We all need to be pulling the rope in the same direction. We all want the same thing. Dan is our coach. He's not perfect, but he's proven he's pretty damn good when he's focused on doing what he needs to be doing. Again, he screwed up. But we don't need to let that keep us from attaining the goals we all want. Hell, I heard over Christmas from a friend who lives in Starkville that one of the reasons he wanted out was because of having to recruit against OM and all their cheating. I can understand that.

The ball is in his court. But until we see what he does with it this time, we all need to keep our goals in mind and pull the rope in the same direction.

msbulldog
12-29-2016, 01:19 PM
Dan shat the bed. We know it. He knows it. In my book he's earned the right to try and correct his mistake.

So far, he's moving in the right direction. The team got better as the year went along. That's a positive. He beat OM. That's a positive. His team earned the right to play in a bowl game due to their grades. That's a positive. His name came up for other jobs and he publicly came out and said he's not interested and happy at MSU. That's a positive. He signed a great haul of juco and high school players in Dec. That's a positive. He worked it where Thompson got through the clearing house and SEC and then enrolled to participate in one bowl practice to lock him up from being further recruited. That's a positive.

We all need to be pulling the rope in the same direction. We all want the same thing. Dan is our coach. He's not perfect, but he's proven he's pretty damn good when he's focused on doing what he needs to be doing. Again, he screwed up. But we don't need to let that keep us from attaining the goals we all want. Hell, I heard over Christmas from a friend who lives in Starkville that one of the reasons he wanted out was because of having to recruit against OM and all their cheating. I can understand that.

The ball is in his court. But until we see what he does with it this time, we all need to keep our goals in mind and pull the rope in the same direction.

I'm with you Lumpy all good points.

dawgday166
12-29-2016, 02:01 PM
Maybe... not all 6-6s are created equally though. If we're healthy all year, look bad vs good teams, and the defense isn't showing any improvement, then Mullen's seat should be warm, not scalding though. If the opposite happens though and the schedule is flipping for '18, Mullen should be fine.

I'll go along with that.

NCDawg
12-29-2016, 02:08 PM
What do you think Mullen should do here for the salary he earns?

I think he should accept a decrease in his salary and hire some good assistant coaches for the money we would save; specifically, a good DC and a good OL coach. That is, if he ever expects to compete for the SEC West championship, as he promised when he was first hired.

Really Clark?
12-29-2016, 02:13 PM
I think he should accept a decrease in his salary and hire some good assistant coaches for the money we would save; specifically, a good DC and a good OL coach. That is, if he ever expects to compete for the SEC West championship, as he promised when he was first hired.

How can you not consider 2014 anything but competing for the SEC West title?

Dawg61
12-29-2016, 02:14 PM

I can't think of one single coach in any sport ever to volunteer to decrease their salary. Get real homey

NCDawg
12-29-2016, 02:29 PM
How can you not consider 2014 anything but competing for the SEC West title?

I guess you could consider that competing for the SEC West title, although we couldn't beat Alabama, and Ole Miss pretty much clobbered us. The Ole Miss DL dominated our OL. Bottom line is that we didn't win. I'm waiting for the day we can beat Alabama. The Arkansas game this year was a total disaster. That proved to me our DC is not the man for the job.

Jack Lambert
12-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe he already re negotiated and we didn't know about it. Mullen is in the green zone right in the middle of the pack.
If thats right he is the second highest paid coach in the SEC. If I looked at it right.

lamont
12-29-2016, 02:51 PM
Hmmm? #1 for 5 weeks, never been there before.

we finished outside the top 10. It's time to move on. 2014 is long over

lamont
12-29-2016, 02:52 PM
Mullen gets some side money and bonuses that arent included in his 4.2 number. He makes around 5

lamont
12-29-2016, 02:54 PM
I guess you could consider that competing for the SEC West title, although we couldn't beat Alabama, and Ole Miss pretty much clobbered us. The Ole Miss DL dominated our OL. Bottom line is that we didn't win. I'm waiting for the day we can beat Alabama. The Arkansas game this year was a total disaster. That proved to me our DC is not the man for the job.

we played Bama for the West title. That cant be denied. We win that one- and the OM game doesnt matter.

msbulldog
12-29-2016, 02:56 PM

There is a hell of a lot of teams waiting on the day they can beat Alabama!

msbulldog
12-29-2016, 03:08 PM
I think Dan has found new energy, with how the deal is playing out with Mississippi. He at least has a 50/50 chance in recruiting now.
He knows he's not going to a 'better situation' until he has spectacular success here. He's been bringing in better recruiters and the early class is probably better than all our expectations. Hate losing B. Johnson, hope he hires Tebow, absolutely the biggest splash hire we could make. The free publicity would be worth billions!
Our best possible option at this point is to hold on to Dan Mullen.

Bucky Dog
12-29-2016, 03:13 PM
Ok, so this was a thread about the hot sear coaches, specifically about the 4 SEC coaches in the top 10, and more specifically about Freeze!! And some find a way to make it about Mullen and his salary and if he is on the hot sear. Geez!

Get back to the point and slam the other coached!!

msbulldog
12-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Ok, so this was a thread about the hot sear coaches, specifically about the 4 SEC coaches in the top 10, and more specifically about Freeze!! And some find a way to make it about Mullen and his salary and if he is on the hot sear. Geez!

Get back to the point and slam the other coached!!

Okay your probably right. Let's go to Freeze, probably at Beaver Creek Skiing resort, Hugh is still peeing himself pending his current NCAA situation and losing out to FSU for Akers. Not to mention, he replaced a 2nd rate coaching staff with a 3rd rate coaching staff.
Now let's go back to recruiting, Mississippi's class is ranked somewhere in the high 40's or lower 50's. They are prone to lose more commits after Akers commitment to FSU, and they are radioactive to players they have offered. Now go read Nafoom, 247 Mississippi, or ole miss sec rant, them boys ain't happy with their coach!
Yeah, I would say that Hugh's seat is white hot!

coachnorm
12-29-2016, 09:59 PM
How hot can a seat get when more positions than candidates exist in the coaching profession? Just look at the NFL Jaguars, 49ers, and Rams to start off with. Where are all the replacements coming from?

TUSK
12-29-2016, 11:02 PM

Too high. List is shit.