PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Freeze compares NCAA investigation to Jesus being crucified

Gutter Cobreh
12-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Sorry to keep linking stories, but this can't go without being mentioned:

Q: We?ve heard a lot about negative recruiting at Ole Miss with the NCAA thing going on, what has Ole Miss said to you about that?

?Well, Coach Freeze told me when you?re that big and out there with faith in Christ, he?s like, ?What do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross.? So, he was just telling me sometimes things like that happen, but that?s never going to change how he?s going to treat his players and take care of them. Even if ? I don?t know if he really did make the mistake, doing what he did or not ? but I can just tell he?s a good person, great person. I know they?re looking at maybe a bowl suspension [for 2017]. I don?t know what they?re gonna do. But I don?t think that?ll affect anything as far as how he treats his players and stuff like that.?

Calloway was asked about how the investigation affects his decision.

?That?s one thing I thought about because I?m like, maybe NFL coaches may look at that and be like, ?I don?t really wanna mess with them right now.? That?s something I have thought about, but at the end of the day, that?s life. People are gonna be faced with adversity at times. It?s just [about] how you respond to it.?

article: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/28/14102722/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-recruiting-ncaa-investigation-jesus?yptr=yahoo

Harrydawg
12-28-2016, 04:49 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/28/14102722/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-recruiting-ncaa-investigation-jesus

Harrydawg
12-28-2016, 04:54 PM
Feel free to delete or merge...looks like another post hit at the same time

RougeDawg
12-28-2016, 05:00 PM
When is one of these ass clown writers going to blast Hypocrite Hugh and nail his ass to "said" cross? This is the epitome of blasphemy and he needs his ass brought to his knees for it and for blatantly lying to these recruits.

Jack Lambert
12-28-2016, 05:08 PM
The thing is Jesus could have at any time removed him self from the cross. He did not. Out of love for us he stayed there and atoned for our sins. Why in the world would Freeze in any shape or form elude himself to that sacrifice Jesus made for the world? I use to joke about him being like David Koresh but now it's no joke. He is truly starting to believe that he is some type of Messiah. I peaty him. He is way out there and judgement day is coming twice for him. Once when the NCAA drops the hammer and again on gods judgment day.

Every christian should be offended by this guy.

yjnkdawg
12-28-2016, 05:12 PM
I think the OM alums (the ones with common sense) and not the NAFOOM, 247, scout bunch, will really be upset at Freeze, when all comes out of how they have been mislead, and the way it was done.

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 05:16 PM
The thing is Jesus could have at any time removed him self from the cross. He did not. Out of love for us he stayed there and atoned for our sins. Why in the world would Freeze in any shape or form elude himself to that sacrifice Jesus made for the world? I use to joke about him being like David Koresh but now it's no joke. He is truly starting to believe that he is some type of Messiah. I peaty him. He is way out there and judgement day is coming twice for him. Once when the NCAA drops the hammer and again on gods judgment day.

Amen, let's not find ourselves judging people (love thy neighbor). He will have to answer to A Higher Authority than us! My brother Jack.

craigmid
12-28-2016, 05:17 PM
https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/814225905090494465

Really Clark?
12-28-2016, 05:19 PM
They could have written this article years ago if Richie Brown wanted to tell his recruiting story. It's why so many of us find his act so despicable.

dawgday166
12-28-2016, 05:20 PM
As long as he doesn't rise on the 3rd day .. I'm ok with him being nailed to a cross.

sleepy dawg
12-28-2016, 05:22 PM
How can people of Christianity sit back and allow this person to use their beliefs so cheaply and still follow him and not stand up against them. Can a true Christian really be a fan of this man? He is lying to their face, and knows it, and uses Christianity as the reason why people are attacking them...

Just like everyone says the good Muslim's should step up and separate themselves from the bad ones, do Christians not feel the same way when another Christian is using their religion for their own agenda?
If not all cops are bad, then why aren't the good ones standing up against the bad ones? Are they afraid?... Are you? This is the only reason I can think of... Either Christians are too afraid to stand up against this blasphemy, or they don't really care about Christianity either. It's just a way to win football games.

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 05:25 PM
As long as he doesn't rise on the 3rd day .. I'm ok with him being nailed to a cross.

Stop

dawgday166
12-28-2016, 05:27 PM
Stop

It was a joke. No offense intended.

TimberBeast
12-28-2016, 05:28 PM
That should tell anyone all they need to know about freeze and how he uses religion. Anyone falling for that gets what they deserve.

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 05:28 PM
How can people of Christianity sit back and allow this person to use their beliefs so cheaply and still follow him and not stand up against them. Can a true Christian really be a fan of this man? He is lying to their face, and knows it, and uses Christianity as the reason why people are attacking them...

Just like everyone says the good Muslim's should step up and separate themselves from the bad ones, do Christians not feel the same way when another Christian is using their religion for their own agenda?
If not all cops are bad, then why aren't the good ones standing up against the bad ones? Are they afraid?... Are you? This is the only reason I can think of... Either Christians are too afraid to stand up against this blasphemy, or they don't really care about Christianity either. It's just a way to win football games.

Judge not, it will come back!

sleepy dawg
12-28-2016, 05:37 PM

As I thought, fear. The book of the Lord is quite clear how it should be handled.

Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
2 Corinthians 10:5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ
Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?
Titus 1:9 He must be devoted to the trustworthy message we teach. Then he can use these accurate teachings to encourage people and correct those who oppose the word.

There are many other examples, but these were the easy ones.

sleepy dawg
12-28-2016, 05:37 PM
crap.... i used my good posts on the other thread about this.

RiverCityDawg
12-28-2016, 05:42 PM

I assume you are talking about ole miss Christians, right? I'm not sure ole miss people care what non-ole miss people think, Christian or otherwise, much less those that are for State.

I know a lot of Christians who are disgusted by the way he seems to use Christ as a shield for the shady way he runs his program, but again, there's not really anything to do about it outside of not supporting him, something non-ole miss folks do anyway.

JoseBrown
12-28-2016, 05:44 PM
He is who we thought he was.
Glad I'm a Bulldog.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-28-2016, 05:46 PM
If I was Freeze I would stay at Beaver Creek Mountain...

GreenheadDawg
12-28-2016, 05:48 PM

Absolutely. Well said Jack

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 05:50 PM
As I thought, fear. The book of the Lord is quite clear how it should be handled.

Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
2 Corinthians 10:5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ
Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?
Titus 1:9 He must be devoted to the trustworthy message we teach. Then he can use these accurate teachings to encourage people and correct those who oppose the word.

There are many other examples, but these were the easy ones.

So saith Our Lord God Almighty, but let us speak against his word and not against him! There are false prophets, let's refute their word and let Our Heavnely Father deal with the prophets.

Bubb Rubb
12-28-2016, 05:53 PM

Big difference between judging and inspecting fruit. If you look at a healthy apple and call it a rotten apple, you're judging unjustly. If you're looking at a rotten apple and call it a rotten apple, you aren't judging.

gtowndawg
12-28-2016, 05:53 PM
I really thought Hugh was probably a good Christian guy. I really mean that. I'm convinced now he's just a Jimmy Swaggert sham. I know we all joke about it but this confirms it in my mind.

TUSK
12-28-2016, 06:01 PM
It was a joke. No offense intended.

"offensive" or not, that shit was funny, dammit.

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 06:04 PM
Big difference between judging and inspecting fruit. If you look at a healthy apple and call it a rotten apple, you're judging unjustly. If you're looking at a rotten apple and call it a rotten apple, you aren't judging.

But the full verse says "Judge not, unless Ye shall be judged and the judgement ye give on earth shall be given to you in Heaven"
So if the apple looked at you, would he judge you clean? We all need to examine before we cast a stone.

BeardoMSU
12-28-2016, 06:04 PM

No shit. Who said a 'crucifixion' can't be funny?**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

TUSK
12-28-2016, 06:10 PM

gotta push the envelope, don'tcha...?

dawgday166
12-28-2016, 06:12 PM

Well, it's probably borderline but I don't want to remove all doubt that I'm a heathen .. ya know ****

Todd4State
12-28-2016, 06:12 PM

I am offended by him and well said.

Todd4State
12-28-2016, 06:18 PM
This is how Ole Miss works. They want a guy that appears to be squeaky clean while they are doing everything shady under the sun. That's why they want a guy like Tony Dungy because then they could say "We aren't cheating. Dungy is a Christian guy who would never allow that plus they want to play for a NFL coach in a nice quaint town with hipster bars and jam bands."

Since they couldn't land Dungy Freeze's shtick is the best they can do under the circumstances.

Todd4State
12-28-2016, 06:21 PM
But the full verse says "Judge not, unless Ye shall be judged and the judgement ye give on earth shall be given to you in Heaven"
So if the apple looked at you, would he judge you clean? We all need to examine before we cast a stone.

God will ultimately judge him. Until then I know blasphemy when I see it. And yes I am sinner too and that's why I don't go out of my way to rail against Freeze. I have faith that God will handle it and that does indeed appear to be the case using my intuition about how I see this going down.

Jacksondevildog
12-28-2016, 06:23 PM
This is exactly why they hired Freeze.

This is how Ole Miss works. They want a guy that appears to be squeaky clean while they are doing everything shady under the sun. That's why they want a guy like Tony Dungy because then they could say "We aren't cheating. Dungy is a Christian guy who would never allow that plus they want to play for a NFL coach in a nice quaint town with hipster bars and jam bands."

Since they couldn't land Dungy Freeze's shtick is the best they can do under the circumstances.

sandwolf
12-28-2016, 06:25 PM
I'm sure the NCAA loves it that Freeze is running around telling recruits that they are persecuting OM because they are such devout Christians.....

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 06:29 PM

No it it is not funny, God on earth went to die a horrible death for your and my sins and the sins of every human being past, present and future. When Jesus prayed to God Almighty "take this cup from me" he was talking about the sins of all humanity. We're talking about Hitler, Mao Se Tung, Tito, the emperor of Japan, Gacy, Manson, Oswalt and every horrible person in our history. He died for all the sins, so that you and I could be forgiven. So no that Crucifixion is not funny at all!

Bubb Rubb
12-28-2016, 06:31 PM
If the apple called me a flawed, imperfect human being, that would not be unfair judgement. I am not interested in theological debates with anyone. I'm not perfect and I understand the need to examine the log in my own eye before criticizing the speck in someone else's. But you are casting too broad of a net in your critical (dare I say, judgemental) responses. We can analyze Freeze's specific actions along with his specific words to come to a a specific, factual conclusion that doesn't elevate to the level of false judgement. You should direct your ire more appropriately at the man who is destroying your witness by using Jesus and the Bible to justify his questionable (at best) behavior as a football coach.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-28-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm a christian. Certainly could be a better one, but I believe in Jesus and that he died for my sins. I believe if I ask him for forgiveness and am truly sorry for my sins that he will absolve them and invite me into his paradise.

But when it comes to football, by dang, I want to focus on football. I hope Mullen is saved and is a christian. And I hope when he is dealing with his players that he talks about his faith when necessary. But when I turn on my TV or go to Starkville for a football game, I want to see Mullen the football coach, not Mullen the christian. And I don't think God will hold that against me.

I am so thankful that when I look at Mullen I see a football coach first and foremost.

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 06:36 PM

I guess you find that funny, because you worship your dark lord. I will give a prayer for your soul.

Cooterpoot
12-28-2016, 06:37 PM
I didn't know Jesus was thumping dumplings with a hairdresser.

Goldendawg
12-28-2016, 06:44 PM
Hey, I've been hearing the "big guy" loves them best since I watched Artie Cosby's straight down the middle field goal attempt get blown back in Jackson that windy day. I honestly don't think the team with the most Christians on the field or in the stands wins. Really don't think God takes sides in sports. JMO, I do woryy the 'beav is closer to a publican than a republican.****

coastdoglover
12-28-2016, 06:47 PM
They could have written this article years ago if Richie Brown wanted to tell his recruiting story. It's why so many of us find his act so despicable.

Yep, Mr. Brown told me he had never heard anything or anybody as out there as Freeze. Tried to play the guilt game on them for not going to the promised land in Oxford. Hypocrite like none other.

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 06:59 PM
If the apple called me a flawed, imperfect human being, that would not be unfair judgement. I am not interested in theological debates with anyone. I'm not perfect and I understand the need to examine the log in my own eye before criticizing the speck in someone else's. But you are casting too broad of a net in your critical (dare I say, judgemental) responses. We can analyze Freeze's specific actions along with his specific words to come to a a specific, factual conclusion that doesn't elevate to the level of false judgement. You should direct your ire more appropriately at the man who is destroying your witness by using Jesus and the Bible to justify his questionable (at best) behavior as a football coach.

I don't judge you, obviously neither your or I are perfect. What I am trying to point out is condemn his actions and words, refute these.
Let The Good Lord deal with man.

starkvegasdawg
12-28-2016, 07:21 PM
He almost is a cult leader. Hope he doesn't go Jonestown when the NCAA hammer falls.

Jarius
12-28-2016, 07:27 PM
Christians aren't supposed to judge, so let me. If there is a hell, Freeze will be there. What a complete sociopath.

Ari Gold
12-28-2016, 07:27 PM
The 30 for 30 is becoming a mini series right before our eyes...

TrapGame
12-28-2016, 07:35 PM
He almost is a cult leader. Hope he doesn't go Jonestown when the NCAA hammer falls.

ALMOST?!!!!

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/1-vince-mcmahon-wwe-funny-face.gif

Really Clark?
12-28-2016, 08:01 PM

More like an epic trilogy with an extended edition 4 hour finale.

BeardoMSU
12-28-2016, 08:37 PM
No it it is not funny, God on earth went to die a horrible death for your and my sins and the sins of every human being past, present and future. When Jesus prayed to God Almighty "take this cup from me" he was talking about the sins of all humanity. We're talking about Hitler, Mao Se Tung, Tito, the emperor of Japan, Gacy, Manson, Oswalt and every horrible person in our history. He died for all the sins, so that you and I could be forgiven. So no that Crucifixion is not funny at all!

I'm sad you don't have a sense of humor, and even sadder you're not a Monty Python fan.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/pthththt.gif
http://i.imgur.com/qzniSIc.gif

Btw, the Romans were crucifying people long before Christ. Christianity doesn't own the word "crucifixion".

was21
12-28-2016, 08:40 PM
Har!

was21
12-28-2016, 08:42 PM
"If there is a hell, Freeze will be there"...oxymoron

TrapGame
12-28-2016, 08:44 PM

The Game of Thrones for ESPN.

Liverpooldawg
12-28-2016, 09:18 PM

Q: We?ve heard a lot about negative recruiting at Ole Miss with the NCAA thing going on, what has Ole Miss said to you about that?

?Well, Coach Freeze told me when you?re that big and out there with faith in Christ, he?s like, ?What do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross.? So, he was just telling me sometimes things like that happen, but that?s never going to change how he?s going to treat his players and take care of them. Even if ? I don?t know if he really did make the mistake, doing what he did or not ? but I can just tell he?s a good person, great person. I know they?re looking at maybe a bowl suspension [for 2017]. I don?t know what they?re gonna do. But I don?t think that?ll affect anything as far as how he treats his players and stuff like that.?

?That?s one thing I thought about because I?m like, maybe NFL coaches may look at that and be like, ?I don?t really wanna mess with them right now.? That?s something I have thought about, but at the end of the day, that?s life. People are gonna be faced with adversity at times. It?s just [about] how you respond to it.?

article: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/28/14102722/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-recruiting-ncaa-investigation-jesus?yptr=yahoo

As a Christian that totally disgusts me. It's revolting.

Bdawg
12-28-2016, 09:43 PM
I will not knock Freeze for being a man of faith. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. And one of God's commands to us Christian's on earth is to share the good news to others. It's certainly not to put your faith on display for all to see so you can use it as a recruiting tool for football.

I'm am also totally appalled, as others have said, by Freeze using Christianity to recruit and as an excuse as to why they are being "persecuted" by the NCAA like Jesus was persecuted for being the Messiah. Makes me sick to my stomach

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2016, 09:58 PM
Trey Wingo's tweet on it is pretty good.

https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/814244033560281090

confucius say
12-28-2016, 10:10 PM
Hey hugh

The NCAA is probing your program bc you're a cheating cheater who cheated you sanctimonious prick

Gutter Cobreh
12-28-2016, 10:20 PM
I will not knock Freeze for being a man of faith. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. And one of God's commands to us Christian's on earth is to share the good news to others. It's certainly not to put your faith on display for all to see so you can use it as a recruiting tool for football.

I'm am also totally appalled, as others have said, by Freeze using Christianity to recruit and as an excuse as to why they are being "persecuted" by the NCAA like Jesus was persecuted for being the Messiah. Makes me sick to my stomach

You summed up my thoughts and said it better than I could.

I'm blown away that he tells recruits this. He should witness all he wants (kind of like Dabo does), but tying an NCAA investigation to Jesus on the cross is mind boggling.

Coach007
12-28-2016, 11:30 PM

Yeah, this is way different than a sinless man who died for the atonement of man's sin. Freeze cheated. To compare that situation is sickening. That should be the straw that causes Ole Miss to fire him. The NCAA isn't there because of his faith or him talking about his faith. They are there because HE CHEATED.

Goldendawg
12-28-2016, 11:38 PM
****But, but, they were mistakes (not cheating). It's tough when you believe your own propaganda. Even worse to spread it to other impressionable, young scholar/athletes.

SailingDawg
12-28-2016, 11:45 PM
I didn't know Jesus was thumping dumplings with a hairdresser.

And a high school cheerleader before that. God knows what else.

Hmmm, which brings up another point: what does God know about Hugh? You'd think Hugh would be scared if he were a true Christian, knowing that God knows all!

TUSK
12-29-2016, 12:04 AM
I'm sad you don't have a sense of humor, and even sadder you're not a Monty Python fan.

Btw, the Romans were crucifying people long before Christ. Christianity doesn't own the word "crucifixion".

E iza killa. Run away! Run away!

TUSK
12-29-2016, 12:12 AM
I guess you find that funny, because you worship your dark lord. I will give a prayer for your soul.

Please throw in an extree word for my weed crop's success and the health of my best dog that got a broke leg whilst under the trailerhouse when the last tornado came through. Thanks!

TUSK
12-29-2016, 12:18 AM

So, provided any of those cats you mentioned above received Christ & were baptized, they are in Heaven now, despite their atrocities, correct?

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-29-2016, 01:11 AM
I'm in no position to pass judgment especially on someone's faith but this is getting ridiculous. If you happen to come across some of their message boards then your mind will be blown. It has all the makings of might as well say a cult. Everybody outside Oxford is their enemy and they will stand tall they say. I mean really. This is way beyond the realm of just football here.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-29-2016, 01:14 AM
It's pure delusional on their part. Blows my mind some of the posts I came across on their boards. It's way past the point of just football here.

BossDawg
12-29-2016, 01:29 AM

Exactly. It's how they have always worked. They want you to watch the right hand while the left hand slips your wallet out.

Beaver
12-29-2016, 01:47 AM
So, provided any of those cats you mentioned above received Christ & were baptized, they are in Heaven now, despite their atrocities, correct?

Correct. That is the premise of the gospel/new testament. Anyone from Saban to Stalin can be saved and live eternally with God. The scriptures basically say that:
1. All people have sinned and therefore are subject to hell/eternal separation from God.
2. God loves all people since He created them and gave his son Jesus as a living sacrifice to bear the sins of all mankind.
3. To spend eternity with God, a person must fully believe in Jesus and give their life over to him though confession (of sins), repentance, and obedience to the gospel which includes baptism and living the rest of their lives (whether that life lasts 1 day or 100 years) as a servant of God. **Feel free to DM me for any specific verses**

For example, a thief crucified next to Jesus professed his faith in Jesus as they were both hours from death. Jesus immediately told the thief that he would be in Paradise with Him. So yes, according to Scripture, Hitler et al. COULD be saved if they chose to recognize their atrocities as sins, and asked Jesus whom they recognize as the God's son and the Savior for forgiveness and grace. Of course Hitler most likely killed himself while in a pit so it's unlikely he had a change of heart. Likewise, I doubt every deathbed confession is genuine, but I am not the Judge.

Disclaimer: Not looking for a religious/theological debate on this forum, just trying to give TUSK a complete answer.

Reason2succeed
12-29-2016, 01:56 AM
Can we all just agree that Hugh is using people's real religious convictions like a con man to bring himself success on signing day and the football field?

I just hope he gets to minister to a bunch of walkons instead of 5 stars for the next couple of years. Hey Hugh, Walkons need salvation too.

dawgday166
12-29-2016, 02:02 AM

Seems like I heard something about that onct before.

Beaver
12-29-2016, 02:14 AM
Can we all just agree that Hugh is using people's real religious convictions like a con man to bring himself success on signing day and the football field?

He absolutely is. I think he has somehow rationalized everything in his head to the point where he cannot separate football and faith from each other.

Reason2succeed
12-29-2016, 02:15 AM
Matthew 4:18-19 And Coach Freeze, walking by the football field of South Carolina, saw two brethren, Robert called Kimchee, and Denzel his brother, casting a net into the Grove: for they were fishing for cash. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you the worst draft pick ever.

Reason2succeed
12-29-2016, 02:19 AM
1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Archie (because we all know who is really behind this whole thing. And actually, don't really do what I do either because that would make you a lying, cheating crook. But if you do make sure to say mistakes were made.)

starkvegasdawg
12-29-2016, 02:36 AM
And lo, though I walk through the valley of Rosebowl, I will fear no ncaa investigator. My side girl and whiskey they comfort me. My lies are spread out before my enemies. My hypocrisy runneth over. Surely, a showcause will follow all the days of my life.

Bully13
12-29-2016, 08:04 AM

Love me some Monty python BeardoMSU but because of THE Crucifixion, we DO own it BECAUSE of the WORD.

GOD Bless and Hail State!

archdog
12-29-2016, 08:32 AM
Sounds like the same thing really. Never thought Jesus caused all his problems and was only looking out for his reputation.

Todd4State
12-29-2016, 09:05 AM
And lo, though I walk through the valley of Rosebowl, I will fear no ncaa investigator. My side girl and whiskey they comfort me. My lies are spread out before my enemies. My hypocrisy runneth over. Surely, a showcause will follow all the days of my life.

I need to spread some repuatation but that was awesome.

Bully13
12-29-2016, 09:07 AM
I think the Beaver suffers some mental issues. 1st Richie Brown now this. No telling how much of this has happened in between. We're talking football Hugh. You cheated. Get over yourself.

Bully13
12-29-2016, 09:09 AM

Agreed Todd. That is awesome. Good job Vegas.

TUSK
12-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Correct. That is the premise of the gospel/new testament. Anyone from Saban to Stalin can be saved and live eternally with God. The scriptures basically say that:
1. All people have sinned and therefore are subject to hell/eternal separation from God.
2. God loves all people since He created them and gave his son Jesus as a living sacrifice to bear the sins of all mankind.
3. To spend eternity with God, a person must fully believe in Jesus and give their life over to him though confession (of sins), repentance, and obedience to the gospel which includes baptism and living the rest of their lives (whether that life lasts 1 day or 100 years) as a servant of God. **Feel free to DM me for any specific verses**

For example, a thief crucified next to Jesus professed his faith in Jesus as they were both hours from death. Jesus immediately told the thief that he would be in Paradise with Him. So yes, according to Scripture, Hitler et al. COULD be saved if they chose to recognize their atrocities as sins, and asked Jesus whom they recognize as the God's son and the Savior for forgiveness and grace. Of course Hitler most likely killed himself while in a pit so it's unlikely he had a change of heart. Likewise, I doubt every deathbed confession is genuine, but I am not the Judge.

Disclaimer: Not looking for a religious/theological debate on this forum, just trying to give TUSK a complete answer.

Thanks. That's the same as I was taught some 30+ yrs ago.

msbulldog
12-29-2016, 01:49 PM

Thank you. +1

Coach 57
12-29-2016, 03:20 PM
I absolutely hate seeing threads like this! Because the "theologians" come busting out of the scenes with their "judge not" poor exegesis of the texts, or you'll get people who want to use it as an opportunity to bash Christianity. So I'm going to use my post to biblically point some things out.

1.) Don't judge? That's the dumbest and most overly secularized & poorly exegesis I've ever heard. Let me clarify.

If you think the Bible says "don't judge anyone" & your church is telling you that....get out....NOW! That's not biblical at all! Don't believe me? Read 1 Corinthians 5. Then Galatians 2. The Bible was written primarily in 2 languages Hebrew (O.T) (with some sprinkles of Aramaic) & Koine Greek (N.T). The Koine Greek word "judge" is the root word for something you do (whether saved or not) EVERY DAY! Don't believe me? If you are a father do you let your kids run out in the street with crack dealers? Prostitutes? Murderers? Rapists? Well if you are ANY parent at all you wouldn't....but then you'd be guilty of the very idea of "not judging" the world has garnered. The truth is you DO "judge", but it's okay in that context because that Greek word "krino" (judge) is in the word "apo-krino" which is where we get stewardship from. Those passages I mentioned is Paul blasting the church in Corinth about having the same secularized idea of "not judging" a man IN THE CHURCH for sleeping with his father's wife (the son's step mom...and yes that's really gross). Paul blasts the church for NOT JUDGING this man but then says "is it NOT OUR JOB TO JUDGE THOSE IN THE CHURCH?" Those outside the church (the lost) we aren't to "judge" those.....BUT there's another word for judge and it ONLY fits One Person. This word only is in the context of Christ. But His Gospel IS OFFENSIVE.

As Romans 3:23 says "for ALL HAVE SINNED.." That's every person who can read this. And since every one has, there in lies stored up wrath from God for EVERY PERSON...every male, female, young & old.

But in the garden of Gethsemene Jesus talked about a "cup". I'm the O.T the cup is a reference to God's Wrath. In Gethsemene, Jesus DRANK that "cup" DRY for those who CHOOSE to follow Him. What is that? They give up their life to Him, they submit to His Authority! No longer living for themselves but for Him Who drank the Cup & died for them.

Also in Galatians 2 Paul blasts Peter for being a racist and having partiality towards the Jews instead of treating the Gentiles the same.

Now what about Salvation? To be "saved" I assure you if you are your life WILL BEAR THE FRUIT OF ONE WHO IS SAVED! I'm not perfect, but I know that Scripture teaches and shows me God is PERFECTING what He started. My mouth, my actions, & my thoughts are changing daily. Why...because whether you like it out not dear brothers YOU ARE EVIL...just like I am! You are a God hating and evil man just like me with out His restraining influence in my life if you were to project my thoughts & intentions on the Jumbotron it would make me run for the hills. If I did the same of you, you would bar yourself in a basement hoping to never come out.

Someone mentioned Hitler, do you know you have the potential to be Hitler or dare I say WORSE? Some of you right now are pounding your chest saying "not me....no way" you dear brother are under a deception by your flesh. Because the greatest deception is not the one the devil pulls on his own, no it's the one your flesh & heart help fool & trick you in. I had before my unconverted state, the potential to be just like Hitler or Bin Laden and you do too. If it were not for the restraining influence of God's a Holy Spirit right now whether you are saved or not, you could make them look like (as Paul Washer said) a "choir boy".

It angers me about Freeze, and I (if I ever get the chance) plan on checking his "chin" like Paul did Peter. But I tell you this dear brothers in the faith, read less posts & more Bible. If you are a tree connected to Jesus as your roots, draw your "food" & "nutrition" from the "Stream" (Psalms 1) and not from the trash bin. Peace & blessings to you...to the scoffer & the righteous man and all in between. May God show you His Face in this post.

reno hightower
12-29-2016, 03:51 PM
I absolutely hate seeing threads like this! Because the "theologians" come busting out of the scenes with their "judge not" poor exegesis of the texts, or you'll get people who want to use it as an opportunity to bash Christianity. So I'm going to use my post to biblically point some things out.

1.) Don't judge? That's the dumbest and most overly secularized & poorly exegesis I've ever heard. Let me clarify.

If you think the Bible says "don't judge anyone" & your church is telling you that....get out....NOW! That's not biblical at all! Don't believe me? Read 1 Corinthians 5. Then Galatians 2. The Bible was written primarily in 2 languages Hebrew (O.T) (with some sprinkles of Aramaic) & Koine Greek (N.T). The Koine Greek word "judge" is the root word for something you do (whether saved or not) EVERY DAY! Don't believe me? If you are a father do you let your kids run out in the street with crack dealers? Prostitutes? Murderers? Rapists? Well if you are ANY parent at all you wouldn't....but then you'd be guilty of the very idea of "not judging" the world has garnered. The truth is you DO "judge", but it's okay in that context because that Greek word "krino" (judge) is in the word "apo-krino" which is where we get stewardship from. Those passages I mentioned is Paul blasting the church in Corinth about having the same secularized idea of "not judging" a man IN THE CHURCH for sleeping with his father's wife (the son's step mom...and yes that's really gross). Paul blasts the church for NOT JUDGING this man but then says "is it NOT OUR JOB TO JUDGE THOSE IN THE CHURCH?" Those outside the church (the lost) we aren't to "judge" those.....BUT there's another word for judge and it ONLY fits One Person. This word only is in the context of Christ. But His Gospel IS OFFENSIVE.

As Romans 3:23 says "for ALL HAVE SINNED.." That's every person who can read this. And since every one has, there in lies stored up wrath from God for EVERY PERSON...every male, female, young & old.

But in the garden of Gethsemene Jesus talked about a "cup". I'm the O.T the cup is a reference to God's Wrath. In Gethsemene, Jesus DRANK that "cup" DRY for those who CHOOSE to follow Him. What is that? They give up their life to Him, they submit to His Authority! No longer living for themselves but for Him Who drank the Cup & died for them.

Also in Galatians 2 Paul blasts Peter for being a racist and having partiality towards the Jews instead of treating the Gentiles the same.

Now what about Salvation? To be "saved" I assure you if you are your life WILL BEAR THE FRUIT OF ONE WHO IS SAVED! I'm not perfect, but I know that Scripture teaches and shows me God is PERFECTING what He started. My mouth, my actions, & my thoughts are changing daily. Why...because whether you like it out not dear brothers YOU ARE EVIL...just like I am! You are a God hating and evil man just like me with out His restraining influence in my life if you were to project my thoughts & intentions on the Jumbotron it would make me run for the hills. If I did the same of you, you would bar yourself in a basement hoping to never come out.

Someone mentioned Hitler, do you know you have the potential to be Hitler or dare I say WORSE? Some of you right now are pounding your chest saying "not me....no way" you dear brother are under a deception by your flesh. Because the greatest deception is not the one the devil pulls on his own, no it's the one your flesh & heart help fool & trick you in. I had before my unconverted state, the potential to be just like Hitler or Bin Laden and you do too. If it were not for the restraining influence of God's a Holy Spirit right now whether you are saved or not, you could make them look like (as Paul Washer said) a "choir boy".

It angers me about Freeze, and I (if I ever get the chance) plan on checking his "chin" like Paul did Peter. But I tell you this dear brothers in the faith, read less posts & more Bible. If you are a tree connected to Jesus as your roots, draw your "food" & "nutrition" from the "Stream" (Psalms 1) and not from the trash bin. Peace & blessings to you...to the scoffer & the righteous man and all in between. May God show you His Face in this post.

Coach bringing the heat!
+1

msbulldog
12-29-2016, 03:59 PM
I have seen The Almighty's face in my life and thank you for your post it is eye-opening.

sleepy dawg
12-29-2016, 06:27 PM
I don't judge you, obviously neither your or I are perfect. What I am trying to point out is condemn his actions and words, refute these.
Let The Good Lord deal with man.

I, myself, am not religious.... but this is what I was hoping someone who is religious would say.

Spiderman
12-29-2016, 06:40 PM
I have seen The Almighty's face in my life and thank you for your post it is eye-opening.

You have? What's he look like?

Coach 57
12-29-2016, 07:22 PM
Well I thank God that I am not religious either, religion will get you a fast track to hell brother. I assure you, don't believe me? Read Matt 7:21-23. Religion teaches "I can do ______ (fill in the blank) and get into heaven." No matter what that answer is whether it's trips to Mecca, communion, or hail Mary's. But what I have is NOT a religion it's a relationship with God through Jesus. The Bible tells me "nothing I can do is good enough, why because I am trash. I'm a fallen and evil thing that was born in rebellion to God. And only the acceptance of what God did when He wrapped Himself in flesh to die for me...an evil being can be good enough! My hands are too dirty, my nature is bent on evil."

My dear brothers you can keep your religions, I don't want them. I'm not religious...I'm IN A RELATIONSHIP! When you love Something enough you'll get on forums an talk about it, you'll defend it, you'll go every time it is on display. Much like we do with this university, we go to gatherings, pay money to help fund it & it's programs. I love Him more! I love Him more than my wife and my kids because I understand without Him I wouldn't EVEN HAVE THEM! He comes before my job and my sports teams....why because without Him they wouldn't exist. That my brother is RELATIONSHIP.....not a feeble orthodoxy or ordinances to follow. That is REAL BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY!

Reason2succeed
12-29-2016, 07:37 PM
Look what they just found this in the Dead Seaa scrolls!

The Gospel of St. Shea 55:20 Our Lord Freezus was marched down the Via Della Grove-a being spurned by the scribes, Pharisees, State fans, and their real rival LSU. He stood before the chief priest Daniel Ben Mullen who accused him of blaspheming and smote him 55 times. He was then handed over to the Roman investigators. While they found no wrongdoing in him Pontis Emmert felt he needed to appease Alabama and the blue pod programs that were threatened by this upstart group from the Grove in Galilee. So he sentenced our Lord Freezus to be crucified high above Vaught Hemingway for all the recruits to see. And he took the death penalty for the sins and mistakes that were made. But on the third day he arose with a show cause in his hands.

TUSK
12-29-2016, 08:29 PM
Look what they just found this in the Dead Seaa scrolls!

The Gospel of St. Shea 55:20 Our Lord Freezus was marched down the Via Della Grove-a being spurned by the scribes, Pharisees, State fans, and their real rival LSU. He stood before the chief priest Daniel Ben Mullen who accused him of blaspheming and smote him 55 times. He was then handed over to the Roman investigators. While they found no wrongdoing in him Pontis Emmert felt he needed to appease Alabama and the blue pod programs that were threatened by this upstart group from the Grove in Galilee. So he sentenced our Lord Freezus to be crucified high above Vaught Hemingway for all the recruits to see. And he took the death penalty for the sins and mistakes that were made. But on the third day he arose with a show cause in his hands.

Here is some more scripture to support your post....

From Ezekiel (King James 2000 version): "Then I said unto them, What is the high place to which you go? And its name is called Bama unto this day."

Gutter Cobreh
12-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Well I thank God that I am not religious either, religion will get you a fast track to hell brother. I assure you, don't believe me? Read Matt 7:21-23. Religion teaches "I can do ______ (fill in the blank) and get into heaven." No matter what that answer is whether it's trips to Mecca, communion, or hail Mary's. But what I have is NOT a religion it's a relationship with God through Jesus. The Bible tells me "nothing I can do is good enough, why because I am trash. I'm a fallen and evil thing that was born in rebellion to God. And only the acceptance of what God did when He wrapped Himself in flesh to die for me...an evil being can be good enough! My hands are too dirty, my nature is bent on evil."

My dear brothers you can keep your religions, I don't want them. I'm not religious...I'm IN A RELATIONSHIP! When you love Something enough you'll get on forums an talk about it, you'll defend it, you'll go every time it is on display. Much like we do with this university, we go to gatherings, pay money to help fund it & it's programs. I love Him more! I love Him more than my wife and my kids because I understand without Him I wouldn't EVEN HAVE THEM! He comes before my job and my sports teams....why because without Him they wouldn't exist. That my brother is RELATIONSHIP.....not a feeble orthodoxy or ordinances to follow. That is REAL BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY!

Excellent post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! +1