PDA

View Full Version : How stupid do players like AJ Brown and Shea Patterson feel right about now?

Jarius
12-27-2016, 10:32 PM
Talk about being a shortsighted dumbass.

Todd4State
12-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Well, I will say this on their behalf- they were lied to. The tragedy there is the NCAA not getting the information out about the investigation out a week or two earlier.

starkvegasdawg
12-27-2016, 10:42 PM
No sympathy for either one. Especially AJ. He sold his soul and then took great pleasure trying to rub our nose in it.

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2016, 10:46 PM
AJ has $315 K in the bank. He could care less

Dawgology
12-27-2016, 10:47 PM
Well, I will say this on their behalf- they were lied to. The tragedy there is the NCAA not getting the information out about the investigation out a week or two earlier.

This exactly. For that alone Ole Miss should be buried. To lie to a kid knowing that their future will be impaires by doing so is pretty shitty. And they did that a lot over the last two years.

I_Spy
12-27-2016, 10:47 PM
I can't feel sorry for Brown bc of the rub nose (karma is the word and a truth) and Patterson being a 5 star or better thanmanziel hype choosing bo wallaceland heirmanship is beyond nuts as he was saying OM before we saw Kelly.

So truly congrats to Cam Akers and I look forward to watching him at FSU. Ecstatic to watch Hill in Starkville.

Jarius
12-27-2016, 10:49 PM
And that 315K will probably cost him millions of
Dollars because that Micky mouse high school
Shitastic offense that consists of 26 plays will
Prepare him for the NFL about as well as it did treadwell.

Bully13
12-27-2016, 10:52 PM
$315K? Is that common knowledge?

EngDawg
12-27-2016, 10:58 PM

Well, considering that they will soon be able to transfer without sitting out a year...

Really Clark?
12-27-2016, 11:02 PM
In the words of I seen it....**** those shitbirds.

Dawg61
12-27-2016, 11:12 PM
Bet AJ peaces outta there after this next year and plays for the Padres rookie ball team before getting demoted to the California Penal.

Op4isabitch
12-27-2016, 11:22 PM
Tweet out now that AJ has requested to transfer. Probably a good choice,modes he have to sit a year or is that just if he stays on in the SEC?

thf24
12-27-2016, 11:23 PM
Seems like I remember someone saying AJ will be gone the moment probation becomes official.

Jack Lambert
12-27-2016, 11:23 PM
And that 315K will probably cost him millions of
Dollars because that Micky mouse high school
Shitastic offense that consists of 26 plays will
Prepare him for the NFL about as well as it did treadwell.

It's really only 13 plays. He runs them to both sides and calls it 26.

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2016, 11:29 PM
$315K? Is that common knowledge?

Eh, somewhat. I have some non biased connections on this

Cooterpoot
12-27-2016, 11:30 PM
AJ was so overhyped. He went to the right place. He probably ends up playing baseball after one more year.
Pattersons brother and family sold him out. Then Hugh cost him a year for a couple games. At least he will have a redshirt year when he transfers.

Liverpooldawg
12-27-2016, 11:33 PM

I hope they enjoy what's coming. They knew what was going on.

KB21
12-27-2016, 11:34 PM
AJ was so overhyped. He went to the right place. He probably ends up playing baseball after one more year.
Pattersons brother and family sold him out. Then Hugh cost him a year for a couple games. At least he will have a redshirt year when he transfers.

AJ is loaded with potential, and with the right coaching, he could be an all world receiver. I'm not going to deny him his talent just because he didn't come to MSU. He screwed up by going to Ole Miss, and he will never realize his talent while he is there.

Cooterpoot
12-27-2016, 11:38 PM
AJ is not, nor will he ever be an elite WR. He was bigger and stronger than HS DBs. He also doesn't have elite speed. He's a smaller, less talented version of Treadwell.

Bdawg
12-27-2016, 11:48 PM
I hope they enjoy what's coming. They knew what was going on.

Damn right they did!! You know damn good and well other coaches were telling them that.

Guess Rev. Freeze and the good book was just too much to turn away from******

Todd4State
12-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Tweet out now that AJ has requested to transfer. Probably a good choice,modes he have to sit a year or is that just if he stays on in the SEC?

My guess is he would go play JUCO ball for a year and then look at his options more than likely. If he tries to go somewhere else now, Ole Miss would probably block it especially if it's a SEC team. If he goes JUCO all of his options are open.

ZedFedder
12-27-2016, 11:50 PM
AJ Brown would have been our 3rd best receiver this year.

Todd4State
12-27-2016, 11:51 PM

Speaking of Shea- they burned his redshirt and essentially his freshman season. Now during his sophomore year he has a new OC. If he stay for his junior year he will likely again have another OC and head coach.

Bdawg
12-28-2016, 12:01 AM
Speaking of Shea- they burned his redshirt and essentially his freshman season. Now during his sophomore year he has a new OC. If he stay for his junior year he will likely again have another OC and head coach.

I guess I don't blame them for trying to win, but that turned out as bad as it possibly could for them and Shea. I don't know why Shea wasn't playing mop up duty all season getting ready for this coming year though

RougeDawg
12-28-2016, 12:05 AM
The real question is does one ever feel stupid when you truly are stupid? How would AJ know to feel anything but stupid, because he actually is stupid?

Bdawg
12-28-2016, 12:15 AM
"Stupid is as stupid does" or something like that.

RougeDawg
12-28-2016, 01:05 AM
AJ is not, nor will he ever be an elite WR. He was bigger and stronger than HS DBs. He also doesn't have elite speed. He's a smaller, less talented version of Treadwell.

So does that mean he will have 0.000 professional receptions like almost every member of this board?

I_Spy
12-28-2016, 01:21 AM
It could mean that if he stays at OM. Or if he Padres.

Bully13
12-28-2016, 01:21 AM
I haven't watched him much but what I've seen shows a WR with tons of college potential. If he transfers once the indy hammer hits, there will be a Pompey style meltdown. In fact, it appears the ground under VH is beginning to rumble.

I_Spy
12-28-2016, 01:29 AM
The simple truth is nobody appreciates recruits from the Starkville area saying MS StATE doesn't welcome or like or LOVe good football players, when we sold out Daks jersey in college and with the Cowboys, we ring bells, we put our f*cking energy, life in this and people are like - I don't hear State, think I will head to Oxford. It sounds dumb really.

Now if people just said they thought such and such school was a better fit - nobody has problem.

Todd4State
12-28-2016, 01:39 AM
The simple truth is nobody appreciates recruits from the Starkville area saying MS StATE doesn't welcome or like or LOVe good football players, when we sold out Daks jersey in college and with the Cowboys, we ring bells, we put our f*cking energy, life in this and people are like - I don't hear State, think I will head to Oxford. It sounds dumb really.

Now if people just said they thought such and such school was a better fit - nobody has problem.

This is a good point.

Todd4State
12-28-2016, 01:42 AM
I guess I don't blame them for trying to win, but that turned out as bad as it possibly could for them and Shea. I don't know why Shea wasn't playing mop up duty all season getting ready for this coming year though

It was a disaster. They also probably burned their bridge with Pellerin in the process. I have to wonder if the rumor about Shea being suspended by the NCAA was true. That would make the most sense to me along with not wanting to get into a QB controversy with Kelly because he's pretty unstable mentally and the last time he was involved in a QB controversy he tore up the Clemson football office.

BeastMan
12-28-2016, 09:25 AM
AJ's biggest problem is that he's entitled and doesn't want to work. He's currently a biscuit away from 240 per a plugged-in OM buddy.

thf24
12-28-2016, 09:53 AM
It was a disaster. They also probably burned their bridge with Pellerin in the process. I have to wonder if the rumor about Shea being suspended by the NCAA was true. That would make the most sense to me along with not wanting to get into a QB controversy with Kelly because he's pretty unstable mentally and the last time he was involved in a QB controversy he tore up the Clemson football office.

That's what I'd put my money on. As physically talented at Kelly is, I could see Shea possibly being better than him with 5-6 games' worth of experience. At least close enough to get fans and the locker room talking enough to rile Kelly up.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-28-2016, 10:16 AM
and he is growing into a TE.....I can't see him playing thru probation... he will transfer or try baseball...

Covercorner2
12-28-2016, 10:24 AM
and he is growing into a TE.....I can't see him playing thru probation... he will transfer or try baseball...

He's also not very tall. Maybe 6'1.

Coach007
12-28-2016, 10:47 AM

I don't feel sorry for either. Patterson's family made bank way before he got to Ole Miss. I think the NCAA needs to ban hiring family to staff. Patterson's brother made a lot of money to work there.

Nobody pulled the wool over AJ's eyes. He knew what was up. He chose to take that route.

HOWEVER, I hope they learned their lesson. Transfer out now. Find a new home far away.

maroonmania
12-28-2016, 02:27 PM

True, but I don't know that that is saying much.

TUSK
12-28-2016, 02:44 PM
My guess is he would go play JUCO ball for a year and then look at his options more than likely. If he tries to go somewhere else now, Ole Miss would probably block it especially if it's a SEC team. If he goes JUCO all of his options are open.

Todd, wasn't there talk of a new NCAA rule that allows players to Xfer to the school of their choice (without restrictions) pending oppressive NCAA sanctions? Or did I imagine that?

That boy (AJ) is in need of some heppin'...

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 02:46 PM
Todd, wasn't there talk of a new NCAA rule that allows players to Xfer to the school of their choice (without restrictions) pending oppressive NCAA sanctions? Or did I imagine that?

That boy (AJ) is in need of some heppin'...

I guess your hoping he ends up at the warrior river trade school?

TUSK
12-28-2016, 02:50 PM
I guess your hoping he ends up at the warrior river trade school?

I think if we could get him to cut some weight, he'd be hell as a gunner on ST.

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 02:52 PM
I think if we could get him to cut some weight, he'd be hell as a gunner on ST.

Hell the funny thing is he doesn't need your money.

TUSK
12-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Hell the funny thing is he doesn't need your money.

That's good because he wouldn't get any this go around... He has no monetary value to Bama...

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 02:57 PM
That's good because he wouldn't get any this go around... He has no monetary value to Bama...

Yea, I'm sure ya'll have budgeted that for other players.

TUSK
12-28-2016, 03:14 PM
Yea, I'm sure ya'll have budgeted that for other players.

yep, our cap has been met for his class... he'd just get rehabilitation for his services.

msbulldog
12-28-2016, 03:35 PM
yep, our cap has been met for his class... he'd just get rehabilitation for his services.

That's funny!

Turfdawg67
12-28-2016, 10:58 PM

AJ be alright...

http://i.imgur.com/zNlZVZs.jpg

Bdawg
12-29-2016, 12:07 AM

Going to be really interesting if it's NCAA like you mentioned. We just really don't know how deep this thing could be with immunities being handed out. That's the way you get good,hard info though.

Todd4State
12-29-2016, 01:17 AM
Going to be really interesting if it's NCAA like you mentioned. We just really don't know how deep this thing could be with immunities being handed out. That's the way you get good,hard info though.

I think we will find out in due time. No question the NCAA knows that there are some very deep issues with breaking the rules at Ole Miss. It's just a matter of proving it on their end.

Joe Schmedlap
12-30-2016, 07:20 PM

I think AJ is a more talented version of Bear. I wish he had signed with State, but he was bought and paid for. I personally cannot believe his mom is employed by Mississippi State University...

archdog
12-30-2016, 08:18 PM

Yeah, but as a sophomore he had the opportunity to be the guy.