PDA

View Full Version : Cohen, Keenum, and the CL

Acid mouth
12-27-2016, 10:53 AM
While I consider myself to be as tolerable as a state fan as they come, I've seen enough from the tabloid known as the Clarion Ledger. I also think this is the perfect time to pull their credentials. With UNM athletic programs being about as dangerous as a 90 year old unic and USM sharing a 1/4 page with Tougaloo, 2017 couldn't be more ideal of a time. Some posters talk about how tough our administration is, well, lets see it. We are better off without this rag if they continue to print these degrading articles. Also, can we get that sticky back of the businesses that advertise with the CL. I need to refresh my memory on the "places to not shop" list.

Bodaski
12-27-2016, 12:16 PM
I'm with you on this. One time of degrading our program I can sorta give a pass. But, this writing derogatory articles and then deleting them after a little heat, well that is as intentional as a so-called journalist can get, plus its not the 1st time Hugh Kellenberger has done that. The administration was pissed when Bonner leaked the info on the AD hire and came out publically and spoke up about it. This latest episode deserves severing the ties and publically telling the public why and moving on. I've heard some say "it would just be worst if we did that". I disagree, I think it would hurt the CL big time and force them to change their ways. See right now, MSU fans are probally the only people who get upset by them doing it. That is who they want to get upset, us and we are actually playing right into their hands. So, we've got to reload and get on the offensive with these clowns.

32 Dive
12-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Get the advertisers to start pulling ads, if you want to make a better statement than pulling creds. But that won't happen, no matter how much the slant against MSU Athletics.

WPDawg
12-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Get the advertisers to start pulling ads, if you want to make a better statement than pulling creds. But that won't happen, no matter how much the slant against MSU Athletics.

Advertisers buy ads based on numbers which is Papers sold or hits on their online articles. Bad numbers equate to advertisers going elsewhere. Now I guess the CL can fudge the numbers to an extent but at some point if people don't buy or read, the CL will go away won't they? Doesn't hurt to remind businesses that you may notice advertising that they you no longer subscribe to their foreign correspondence methods of putting out a "Mississippi" newspaper.

codeDawg
12-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Advertisers buy ads based on numbers which is Papers sold or hits on their online articles. Bad numbers equate to advertisers going elsewhere. Now I guess the CL can fudge the numbers to an extent but at some point if people don't buy or read, the CL will go away won't they? Doesn't hurt to remind businesses that you may notice advertising that they you no longer subscribe to their foreign correspondence methods of putting out a "Mississippi" newspaper.

So, who actually does advertise in there anyway?