PDA

View Full Version : Great to get the win. This is how I see it.

archdog
12-26-2016, 08:06 PM
We had a rough season. We were not the best team this year. That is fine. I love the type of guys we have on our team. They seem to be generally good character guys and at times they look like they are playing hard for each other. The other times, it looks like the scheme is not matching our talents and guys are out of position.

We limped into the bowl game and we played like a team that really underestimated what could have been on display out there today. Hats off to Miami for giving us a good shot. They kept us off the field. Made tackles when needed.

We have to take a hard look in the mirror and try to get a game plan together for next year. I believe a wholesale methodology change in attitude is needed for the defense though. Players out of positions and kind of passive.

Offensive Jucos need to get after it starting as soon as they step foot on campus.

msbulldog
12-26-2016, 08:10 PM
Miami played a hell of a game today, really good QB. We need LB's that can cover a TE, its been killing us for several years now.
happy we won, Hail State!

FISHDAWG
12-26-2016, 08:12 PM
pretty fair assessment ... I think we have good talent but the plan just isn't working... I really wish we would give up the attempt of 3-4

TXDawg
12-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Seems like B-Mac was the last LB we had that could cover a TE.

Reason2succeed
12-26-2016, 08:47 PM
Seems like B-Mac was the last LB we had that could cover a TE.

We're supposed to cover TEs?!?***

I seen it dawg
12-26-2016, 09:15 PM
There is a softness in our program that has gotten worse each year over the last 8...

HoopsDawg
12-26-2016, 09:20 PM
There is a softness in our program that has gotten worse each year over the last 8...

It starts with the head coach and filters down. I used to love the edge Jackie coached with. Mullen had the edge his first 2 seasons I thought. I feel he has softened some the last year or two. He said he's going to get back to old school this offseason. Nothing against Savage but we need to find the best SC we can find.

HSVDawg
12-27-2016, 12:03 AM
It starts with the head coach and filters down. I used to love the edge Jackie coached with. Mullen had the edge his first 2 seasons I thought. I feel he has softened some the last year or two. He said he's going to get back to old school this offseason. Nothing against Savage but we need to find the best SC we can find.

My hope is that Mullen takes an honest look at all aspects of the program this offseason because it was just as obvious today as it was on Labor Day weekend that we are missing something. I had hoped we had exorcised the demons in Oxford and grown up a bit, but there are still major issues that I don't think are necessarily related to the talent on the roster. If it is offseason S&C, then we need to go another direction. If it's a few bad apples in the locker room, then they need to go another direction. If it is the 3-4 defense and Sirmon, same deal. Mullen also needs to look at his own philosophy and what he needs to change about himself. I'm not going to pretend to know what all the issues are, but we have a guy getting paid $4.3 million per year to figure that shit out. Time to get our house in order because another year like this one just cannot happen.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-27-2016, 01:00 AM
Miam ohio had a really good game plan and they put it on us in spots. The main problem today was lack of mental preparation. Some of the drops from good receivers was a prime example. Fitz took a a pretty good beating today to. As for next yr I think the ground game is key with fitz and aeris coming back. That will open up the passing game. Defense is gonna take work. That's really all there is to it