PDA

View Full Version : Sec bowl season

msstate7
12-26-2016, 07:40 PM
You saw how we looked.
Vandy is getting pounced by 6-6 NC state.
I don't like aTm vs Kansas state.
I think usf will trounce South Carolina.
I like VT over Arkansas.
Tcu and Georgia are a toss up.
I like tenn over Nebraska.
I like lsu over Louisville
GT will beat Kentucky
I like Iowa over Florida
Oklahoma may blast auburn

I think Bama is a monster defensively, but I'm not sure they can score on Ohio state. I think Ohio state wins it all and the sec ends up with a terrible postseason.

dawgday166
12-26-2016, 07:52 PM
I don't think SEC's gonna do that hot either. Agree with most of what you have there. Could see Lville beating LSU tho. Kinda agree that Bama's O can be stopped by a really good D. If FL's QB hadn't kept throwing it to Bama that game would've been a lot closer maybe. And that was with a lot of 2nd stringers on FL's D due to injuries. They were stopping Bama for a little while.

Reason2succeed
12-26-2016, 08:51 PM
Tenn has trash at QB. Their defense wet the bed versus Vanderbilt.

msstate7
12-26-2016, 08:51 PM
Tenn has trash at QB. Their defense wet the bed versus Vanderbilt.

Nebraska not very good

HoopsDawg
12-26-2016, 08:53 PM
SEC QB play is putrid and defenses aren't as dominant as usual. Got some tough matchups too.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-27-2016, 12:51 AM
If the sec goes 6 6 it will be fortunate. State has the 1 but outside bama there is no definite sec picks in any of the remaining bowl games

HSVDawg
12-27-2016, 01:17 AM
You saw how we looked.
I like VT over Arkansas.
GT will beat Kentucky
I like Iowa over Florida

I think Bama is a monster defensively, but I'm not sure they can score on Ohio state. I think Ohio state wins it all and the sec ends up with a terrible postseason.

Mostly agree. Bama has been beastly, but honestly who was their best win? USC? The SEC as a whole is probably weaker this year than it has been in at least a decade. You know when the Sugar Bowl representative is 8-4 that things are bad. That is why I am not as bullish on Alabama as many of the national experts are.

starkvegasdawg
12-27-2016, 01:23 AM
If the sec goes 6 6 it will be fortunate. State has the 1 but outside bama there is no definite sec picks in any of the remaining bowl games

TSUN should be a lock for their bowl game. After all, they didn't burn the red shirt of the second coming of Johnny 17ing football to go 5-7 and miss making a bowl game. Hey Hugh!

lamont
12-27-2016, 01:34 AM
Ive tried to tell you guys- the SEC was young this season. Many new QB's and lots of young players

2017 will see alot of teams grow up and get alot better- and QB's maturing. Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, SC, Kentucky, and maybe even UPig will all be better next year.

TUSK
12-27-2016, 01:43 AM
Ive tried to tell you guys- the SEC was young this season. Many new QB's and lots of young players

2017 will see alot of teams grow up and get alot better- and QB's maturing. Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, SC, Kentucky, and maybe even UPig will all be better next year.

ahem???

dawgday166
12-27-2016, 01:55 AM

ahem???

I believe that Tusk either thinks you're dumber than a rock RP, or you didn't give any indication Bama will be even more dominant and the rest of us have no hope ... and he is deeply offended by that ***

TUSK
12-27-2016, 01:57 AM
I believe that Tusk either thinks you're dumber than a rock RP, or you didn't give any indication Bama will be even more dominant and the rest of us have no hope ... and he is deeply offended by that ***

I feel disenfranchised, I tell you! Perhaps a bit marginalized, even...

Where's my "safe place"?

edit: 'B' is the answer, though.

dawgday166
12-27-2016, 01:59 AM
I feel disenfranchised, I tell you! Perhaps a bit marginalized, even...

Where's my "safe place"?

edit: 'B' is the answer, though.

I figured it was the latter ... you didn't have to edit for me to get that one.

ETA: Don't know what the hell RP was thinking treating a distinguished guest on our board that way **** SMH

TUSK
12-27-2016, 02:04 AM
I figured it was the latter ... you didn't have to edit for me to get that one.

ETA: Don't know what the hell RP was thinking treating a distinguished guest on our board that way **** SMH

Wait til Trump meets MDL! He gone set my people free!!!!

Free rehab and trailerhouse insurance for all!

dawgday166
12-27-2016, 02:06 AM
Wait til Trump meets MDL! He gone set my people free!!!!

Free rehab and trailerhouse insurance for all!

What about teeth??

TUSK
12-27-2016, 02:07 AM
What about teeth??

2nd term.... let's not get too greedy out the gate, daddio.....

edit: "2nd term" meaning MDL's 2nd visit with Trump in 2018, of course.

dawgday166
12-27-2016, 02:12 AM
2nd term.... let's not get too greedy out the gate, daddio.....

Makes sense ... gonna come close to bustin the national budget first go round as it is. Wait and get reelected before bustin the budget. I'll say this fer ya ... yore sharper than the average Bammer.

Glad I hadn't taken a swaller of my drank ... I would've spit it all over the screen.

Commercecomet24
12-27-2016, 02:14 AM
Don't underestimate the sec just yet. It seems like every year folks think this is the year this sec falters and on occasion the league winds up around .500 in bowl season but more often than not it's pretty much domination.

AusTexDawg
12-27-2016, 11:11 AM
A healthy Auburn team, like the one that demolished UPig, TSUN and dear ol' State, is a different animal than the one that lost to Georgia & 'Bama. I'm not saying the 'Barn beats OU, but the Sooners haven't beaten anyone with a runner like Pettway, except maybe Texas with D'Onta Foreman, and the Texas O Line was not nearly as solid as Auburn was when they were healthy. Look at the scores teams have put up against OU this year.

That said, I agree with the OP about Iowa over the Gators and Virginia Tech over the Razorbacks.

Bubb Rubb
12-27-2016, 12:41 PM
You saw how we looked.
I like VT over Arkansas.
GT will beat Kentucky
I like Iowa over Florida

It could be a long bowl season, but the SEC will win their share.

aTM could beat Kansas State if their QB is healthy.
South Carolina's defense and improved QB play may help against USF
VT-Arkansas is a true tossup to me.
Tennessee should beat Nebraska, but they've lost to a lot of teams they should have beaten.
I also like LSU over Louisville.
If Kentucky can beat LSU, they can and should beat GT.
Iowa-Florida is a true tossup to me.
Agreed - Oklahoma may destroy Auburn.

msstate7
12-29-2016, 12:36 AM
1-2

HSVDawg
12-29-2016, 01:09 AM
What a meltdown for A&M. #4 in the initial CFP rankings, and finish 8-5. Yeesh.

tcdog70
12-29-2016, 12:10 PM
A healthy Auburn team, like the one that demolished UPig, TSUN and dear ol' State, is a different animal than the one that lost to Georgia & 'Bama. I'm not saying the 'Barn beats OU, but the Sooners haven't beaten anyone with a runner like Pettway, except maybe Texas with D'Onta Foreman, and the Texas O Line was not nearly as solid as Auburn was when they were healthy. Look at the scores teams have put up against OU this year.

That said, I agree with the OP about Iowa over the Gators and Virginia Tech over the Razorbacks.

Ok got bitched slapped by Houston. They haven't played a defense as good as the BARN. Plus Pettaway will be a beast. I'm going with the Barners

tcdog70
12-29-2016, 12:13 PM
What about teeth??

the toothbrush was invented in Alabama otherwise it would called the Teethbrush

dawgday166
12-29-2016, 12:21 PM
the toothbrush was invented in Alabama otherwise it would called the Teethbrush

+1 ... cracked me up LOL.

smootness
12-29-2016, 12:23 PM
The SEC always has uneven matchups (meaning a lower-ranked SEC team is playing a higher-ranked team from another conference), and this year the SEC is just not very good. That's a recipe for a whole bunch of bad bowl games.

Also, with regard to Bama, I think if they're going to lose, it'll be in the first game. People are sleeping on Washington. That offense has legit NFL talent and is the biggest threat to score on Bama. Whoever wins that one will roll in the second. Clemson is not as good as they were last year, and Ohio State won't be able to score on Bama and won't score enough on Washington.

msbulldog
12-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Let's keep our fingers crossed.

msstate7
12-29-2016, 09:15 PM
The sec is so bad this year... 1-5 in bowls now. Had we not blocked a fg, 0-6 most likely

TUSK
12-29-2016, 09:27 PM
The sec is so bad this year... 1-5 in bowls now. Had we not blocked a fg, 0-6 most likely

Vandy, TAMU, SC, Ark, who am I missing?

msstate7
12-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Vandy, TAMU, SC, Ark, who am I missing?

I went ahead and counted Georgia**

My math not so good

Reason2succeed
12-29-2016, 11:28 PM
Our ugly win is actually starting to look a little better since everyone else is flat out losing. I'm just waiting for the OVERRATED chants to start flying around.

P.S. Screw Bama. No one cheered for us when we were in the CFP ranking. I know it's not likely but I hope they get embarrassed. **** those other ****birds!

LC Dawg
12-30-2016, 12:41 AM
The only SEC team I care about winning a bowl is Mississippi State so I'm having a good bowl season so far.

lamont
12-30-2016, 12:48 AM
Auburn is healthy- I look for them to beat OU
Georgia should play well tomorrow
Kentucky will score but can they ever stop Ga Tech?
LSU always plays Spread teams well- so its an interesting match-up with Louisville
Bama is going to grudge **** Washington

msstate7
12-31-2016, 03:05 PM
You saw how we looked.
I like VT over Arkansas.
GT will beat Kentucky
I like Iowa over Florida

Tusk, you getting nervous? I've been pretty accurate so far