PDA

View Full Version : What did the CL post after the game and then edited?

Jack Lambert
12-26-2016, 06:17 PM
I was listening to 105.9 and they were basically saying the CL screwed up again with State Fans. They said sooner or later the CL is going to learn or could be gone. In so many words.

gravedigger
12-26-2016, 06:33 PM
I was listening to 105.9 and they were basically saying the CL screwed up again with State Fans. They said sooner or later the CL is going to learn or could be gone. In so many words.

ST. PETERSBURG, Florida ? Mississippi State failed to attend its bowl game Monday in a half-empty baseball stadium on the morning after Christmas against a mediocre Mid-American Conference opponent.

Each modifier provided the Bulldogs with built-in excuses for a poor performance in the St. Petersburg Bowl. Nelson Adams helped his teammate avoid finding anymore when he blocked a 37-yard field goal attempt with three seconds remaining to avoid an embarrassing end to the season.

Miami began its final drive from its own 22. It moved to the MSU 17 with 20 seconds remaining. The RedHawks settled for a field goal allowing the Bulldogs defense to save the game. It secured Mullen's fifth bowl win as a coach. MSU improved to 6-7 on the season. Miami fell to 6-7 after losing its first game since October.

From the opening kick Mississippi State looked like the final team in the field of 80 bowl participants. Miami brought the opening kick back to its own 41 yards line and capped its first drive with a field goal. Brandon Holloway failed to return the ensuing kick to the 20 yard-line. MSU punted four plays later.

The malaise extended to offense where veteran starters Fred Ross and Donald Gray dropped passes. Nick Fitzgerald, who led the SEC in total yards, threw two passes into the hands of Miami defenders.

The RedHawks? inability to capitalize on MSU?s poor play was the only thing that kept the game close in the first half. They dropped both potential interceptions and couldn?t capitalize in the red zone.

The defense couldn't win one-on-one battles with Miami's wide receivers. The RedHawks scored its first touchdown on a jump ball over Jamal Peters, MSU's least experienced but tallest corner.

A Jamoral Graham interception in fourth quarter at the MSU 15 yard line sparked a turnaround.

Miami approached the red zone after the Bulldogs cut the lead to 16-14 with a 44-yard touchdown run.

Graham?s pick handed the ball back to the offense and Fitzgerald handled the rest. He guided the offense down field for Westin Graves to convert a 36-yard field goal giving MSU its first lead of the game.

The drive features lapses in concentration, though. After capturing all the momentum, Fitzgerald missed a wide open Ross in the end zone and Justin Senior was called for a block below the waist on a reverse that gained 7 yards.

It was enough to hand MSU the win, though.

Cloak
12-26-2016, 06:35 PM
No way. Is this real, or are you just trolling?

starkvegasdawg
12-26-2016, 06:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yUyiPTE.jpg

Cloak
12-26-2016, 06:36 PM
Wow. Unbelievable. Thanks for the share

archdog
12-26-2016, 06:37 PM

That is absolutely real....And accurate.

mcain31
12-26-2016, 06:38 PM
Who wrote that? Hamburglar?

gravedigger
12-26-2016, 06:38 PM

Nope. Apparantly the nashville headline writer also writes articles. And is still employed.

If there arent consequences for that no matter how short a time it was on there, we should be ashamed

ScoobaDawg
12-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Per CristilMethod. I'm not sure if true or not.

https://twitter.com/cristilmethod/status/813477544699822085

Reason2succeed
12-26-2016, 06:41 PM
Ban their @$$=s from covering our athletics and see what happens to that rag. No one gets to talk crap about our team but us.***

RocketDawg
12-26-2016, 06:43 PM

But the thing is ... there are no inaccuracies in the article. Not exactly positively written though, so the agenda is obvious.

Cloak
12-26-2016, 06:46 PM
But the thing is ... there are no inaccuracies in the article. Not exactly positively written though, so the agenda is obvious.

Exactly. Although the points may be valid, it's written with a pessimistic undertone. If the media is supposed to be unbiased, and shed a positive outlook on the State of Mississippi, why write in this style? Unbelievable and I still don't buy that this is real.

Mutt the Hoople
12-26-2016, 06:57 PM
IT's real all right....and they changed the article.

Quaoarsking
12-26-2016, 06:59 PM
It's not we don't deserve some snark after today's game and the season as a whole, but a CL recap article isn't the place. Maybe a column, or a fanblog post, but not the game story. Also, the article was really poorly written and had typos like writing "anymore" when he meant "any more," etc.

Jack Lambert
12-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Wow. Unbelievable. Thanks for the share

Jay and the other guy on 105.9 both said it was real and both said that the CL is really screwing up. Jay said there comes a point where Miss State fans are right.

Commercecomet24
12-26-2016, 07:05 PM
The CL is garbage. Anytime a team from Mississippi wins a bowl game it should be good news I don't care how little a bowl game it is. The last 40 years of Mississippi cfb hasn't exactly been rife with post season play. We have now played in 7 bowl games in a row only 5 other sec team have done that over the same period. If it was so easy everyone in the sec should be doing it but they're not. Would've been nice to see the cl mention the streak but it's a crap paper with crap writers and crap management. I will celebrate when it's doors close forever.

Bucky Dog
12-26-2016, 07:15 PM
They better write an apology article and fire the ****er who wrote it. I'm glad I unsubscribed a year ago!!

Dawg61
12-26-2016, 07:21 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a3/a3fcb53a7fd03739d95228b32e8ca271d6e0ca42656958ab4f 04087fb2853032.jpg

https://youtu.be/SEsgETyGCYA

Liverpooldawg
12-26-2016, 07:37 PM
Their credentials need to be revoked for all MSU sports. Enough is enough. Ban them from campus and arrest them for trespassing if they try.

Bucky Dog
12-26-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm serious about this guys. Cohen and Keenum better nut up and say something about this.

redstickdawg
12-26-2016, 08:33 PM
They better write an apology article and fire the ****er who wrote it. I'm glad I unsubscribed a year ago!!

There is no longer any reason that they should have press credentials to any MSU event ever again. At first when I read this I thought this had to be a joke, but the joke is Cohen and the Administration if they are ever allowed in the press box again.

redstickdawg
12-26-2016, 08:34 PM
I'm serious about this guys. Cohen and Keenum better nut up and say something about this.

They said something after the Baseball championship, now it is past time to pull credentials.

RocketDawg
12-26-2016, 08:58 PM
They said something after the Baseball championship, now it is past time to pull credentials.

Lots of posters say that, and I pretty much agree, but is it realistic? Can a state school ban a state newspaper from athletic events?

redstickdawg
12-26-2016, 09:22 PM
Lots of posters say that, and I pretty much agree, but is it realistic? Can a state school ban a state newspaper from athletic events?

They have no right to press credentials that is an honor given to the press, they have no rights as such to sit in the press box ever again. We are a state university, they are the propaganda arm of TSUN, plain and simple. They have proven time and again that they mean nothing other than harm to MSU and we must treat them as what they are, our enemies mouthpiece.

Keenum and Cohen need to just pull the credentials in the morning without explanation, otherwise we have cowards running the ship.

Jacksondevildog
12-26-2016, 09:26 PM
The CL is the New York times / Huffington Post and Mississippi State Athletics is Donald Trump. I make that analogy because that's how one-sided and biased the CL covers one the two programs.

Dawgology
12-26-2016, 09:27 PM
At this point how does revoking their credentials hurt State? Can they, realistically, write MORE negatively about State? I agree, there was nothing wonderful about today's game except the blocked kick but that article was a straight up troll job.

Jacksondevildog
12-26-2016, 09:31 PM
The CL is a piece of shit newspaper that is going down hill fast. The hired a bunch of Yankees to come down here and cover our program. Everything about Mississippi is a joke to them, never mind they had to move 2,000 miles to work for this piece of shit fish wrap. They made Killaburger a sports editor or something like that. That's like making the school custodian the principal because he worked there for a while and everyone else left.

I seen it dawg
12-26-2016, 09:31 PM
**** those shitbirds

TUSK
12-26-2016, 09:41 PM
That was fvcked up... Yall need to work up a "Bastille Day" over yonder... can't let that stand...

I'm the King of Backhanded BS, and that article is WORSE than outright, overt bias,IMO....

bobtail bob
12-26-2016, 10:01 PM
We won't do shit. I've sent emails multiple times to our school president and I know I couldn't have been the only one. There basically isn't any line that these motherless counts haven't crossed when it comes to twisting the knife on MSU.

redstickdawg
12-26-2016, 11:06 PM
apparently lardass berger wrote the article.

MedDawg
12-26-2016, 11:08 PM
That was fvcked up... Yall need to work up a "Bastille Day" over yonder... can't let that stand...

I'm the King of Backhanded BS, and that article is WORSE than outright, overt bias,IMO....

Saw a bio on twitter that this one guy has been the Bama football and basketball writer for The Tuscaloosa News since 1982. 34 years--that's incredible. Bet he never wrote anything like that article.

Bothrops
12-26-2016, 11:30 PM
If they haven't closed up the printing shop by now, I guess they have no plans to. It's probably the worst paper in the country.

notsofarawaydawg
12-27-2016, 12:12 AM
Why do you think the CL is offering one year digital for a mere $4.99? That rag sucks big time and are putting themselves out of business with each article like this.

lefty96
12-27-2016, 09:27 AM
I will be interested to see if the university comments on this. . .

RocketDawg
12-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Saw a bio on twitter that this one guy has been the Bama football and basketball writer for The Tuscaloosa News since 1982. 34 years--that's incredible. Bet he never wrote anything like that article.

Is the Tuscaloosa News still a daily publication? Neither Huntsville, Birmingham, or Mobile have a daily printed paper any longer but some of the smaller towns (e.g., Decatur) do. I suspect the CL will go the limited route before too long.

fishwater99
12-27-2016, 10:15 AM
I will be interested to see if the university comments on this. . .

They need to. Surely Cohen and Keenum are aware of it..

lefty96
12-27-2016, 10:23 AM
They need to. Surely Cohen and Keenum are aware of it..

That depends. It seems as a story it only exists on message boards and social media. With the way things work nowadays, is that enough? I'm a long proponent of pulling the CL's press credentials for a year. With the changes in media, the school does not need them.

confucius say
12-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Wonder why they pulled the article so quickly?

lefty96
12-27-2016, 10:49 AM

My guess is it was written as an internal joke and someone fat thumbed the publish button.

RiverCityDawg
12-27-2016, 11:17 AM
My guess is it was written as an internal joke and someone fat thumbed the publish button.

Could be. I'm wondering if it was being written with the thought that we would lose then when we blocked the kick they had a loser story, so he just changed it a little. In other words, really crappy work and no shits given that it was so negative.

SaintDawg
12-27-2016, 11:56 AM
I wonder if going to the head of Gannett Publications directly would do any good? Or would it even make a dent? Seems like a major SEC school having a "talk" with a major media outlet like that would raise a few eyebrows, and basically say,"straighten your kids out, or we will do it for you."

lefty96
12-27-2016, 12:01 PM
I wonder if going to the head of Gannett Publications directly would do any good? Or would it even make a dent? Seems like a major SEC school having a "talk" with a major media outlet like that would raise a few eyebrows, and basically say,"straighten your kids out, or we will do it for you."

They gotta do something, hell, anything. Just ignoring it is crazy.

fishwater99
12-27-2016, 01:44 PM

Twitter reaction.