PDA

View Full Version : Cam Akers

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2016, 05:32 PM
We aren't involved but are indirectly effected.

This should be pretty entertaining tomorrow.

He announces tomorrow at 7:00 & here are where things appear to stand right now:

- 66% of the 247 Crystal Balls are in FSU's favor including numerous going his way the last few days from 247's national recruiting guys. Ole Miss has 14% of the Crystal Balls with none going their way in months

- Last week Mr David told the OM sh*& birds to watch for the Crystal Ball to start going in OM's favor within the next few days. That hasn't happened. It's gone the other way.

- Mr David says today that regardless of what the Crystal Balls are saying, within the state of MS, Ole Miss, & Clinton HS, he is hearing Akers will announce for Ole Miss.

That's the lay of the land. Here is why I think Akers commits to FSU:

- There is simply too much smoke in FSU's direction. This many national 247 guys don't pick a school unless there is solid info.

- Ole Miss media are usually wrong & are keeping the spirits up in order to not cause a premature melt or be the bad guy. Kind of feels like Akers may be telling OM people what they want to here to keep the pressure down.

- With Treadwell, Little, Kimchee, & Tunsil at the end of his recruitment etc. ... Ole Miss was always the Crystal Ball leader or trended that way in the end. That isn't happening here.

So that about sums up the current lay of the land. Would be somewhat surprising if this many national recruiting guys were wrong about what Akers planned to do.

Kind of feels like Akers is their last gasp in this recruiting class & hopefully they'll have an epic melt tomorrow night.

Goldendawg
12-26-2016, 05:35 PM
We used to recruit and get many Clinton players. What happened with Akers and his team mate committed to Iowa State or someone?

Jacksondevildog
12-26-2016, 05:36 PM
No drama here. I think he commits to the Rebels tomorrow. They went all in on him to salvage some hope for next year. "Dad" has been taken care of.

ATTILLA THE DOG
12-26-2016, 05:39 PM
ole mis bound

msstate7
12-26-2016, 05:44 PM
No drama here. I think he commits to the Rebels tomorrow. They went all in on him to salvage some hope for next year. "Dad" has been taken care of.

Let's just say cam's dad has already been taken care of and has a better deal in place after cam enrolls. What would stop daddy Akers from letting son sign elsewhere then blackmailing OM to make good on deal anyway? He'd have OM by the shorthairs... no way they could take a chance on daddy going to NCAA. It'd be hilarious if something like this really happened.

As for where cam goes, no idea

starkvegasdawg
12-26-2016, 05:53 PM
What wouldn't surprise me is a "commit" to FSU and then a late flip to the bears. Win the press conference...they beat out FSU. Then all the bear faithful would jump up and celebrate being relevant again.

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2016, 05:54 PM

Then why haven't any of the recruiting guys picked on OM getting him?

They picked up on it with all the others

Goldendawg
12-26-2016, 05:58 PM
If people on this board know "Dad has been taken care of", shouldn't and wouldn't the NCAA know? Heck, there is a four year investigation on-going.

Apoplectic
12-26-2016, 06:15 PM
Then why haven't any of the recruiting guys picked on OM getting him?

They picked up on it with all the others

The national guys are getting their info from the fsu network.
Although fsu is old school cheaters the local rebel network will win this one.

Bucky Dog
12-26-2016, 07:12 PM
He's at OM and so is his coach.

GreenheadDawg
12-26-2016, 07:14 PM

Haha way to ruin your college career kid

msstate7
12-26-2016, 07:17 PM

What position is Boswell?

msbulldog
12-26-2016, 07:42 PM
We used to recruit and get many Clinton players. What happened with Akers and his team mate committed to Iowa State or someone?

Could be Mississippi has been on him since the 8th grade, we haven't. That kind of attention will enthuse a child and turn them against their chief rival.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2016, 07:50 PM
FSU has 2 solid RB commits. I'm still hoping LSU comes in and gets him.

preachermatt83
12-26-2016, 08:03 PM
As I have said for months... Akers to OM.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2016, 08:08 PM
As I have said for months... Akers to OM.

you've been wrong so many times, hopefully that will continue.

Bucky Dog
12-26-2016, 08:08 PM
What position is Boswell?

I'm guessing RB's but they will find him a spot.

confucius say
12-26-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm guessing RB's but they will find him a spot.

Off the field position, if it happens. Kinda like Petetson. All depends on cam though. Package deal.

BeastMan
12-26-2016, 08:24 PM
He very well could pick OM but there has been a false narrative regurgitated ad nauseam that OM has the mom. From what I gather, she likes OM but she's not making Cam do anything. She also really really likes Gillespie from UT. Dad is looking at this reasonably trying to figure out what school fits him best and will prepare him best for the NFL. And that's not OM but he's letting Cam make his own choice also.

What we've seen with the OM media in regards to Longo has been recruiting via the media. The "Longo is air raid but with a downhill rushing attack emphasis" is absolutely laughable. That narrative is 100% aimed at easing the fears of Akers and family that OM won't prepare him for the league. If OM had their back in the boat and a big-time WR was what was left, the narrative would be that his scheme is geared to get WRs ready for the NFL.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-26-2016, 08:41 PM
I'm sticking with FSU

Jacksondevildog
12-26-2016, 08:50 PM
The Bears are setting themselves up for some issues in Oxford. Patterson and Daddy Patterson will want to throw the ball 30+ times. The paid for WR's will want touches. Akers will want 20 touches per game. There's only one football to go around.

msstate7
12-26-2016, 08:53 PM
The Bears are setting themselves up for some issues in Oxford. Patterson and Daddy Patterson will want to throw the ball 30+ times. The paid for WR's will want touches. Akers will want 20 touches per game. There's only one football to go around.

They're gonna air it out with or without Akers

Vandelay Industries
FSU has 2 solid RB commits. I'm still hoping LSU comes in and gets him.

Why the hell would you want him to go to LSU?

Bass Chaser
In 2016 SHSU offense was 45% run to 55% pass. Of that 45% run, only about 50% was by the RBs.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2016, 08:55 PM

B/C LSU is always going to have a beast RB and I want to get Clyde Edwards-Helaire. I think he flips to us if they get Akers.

msstate7
12-26-2016, 09:01 PM
B/C LSU is always going to have a beast RB and I want to get Clyde Edwards-Helaire. I think he flips to us if they get Akers.

I was reading on Tiger droppings and some think lsu is getting Travis etienne and that Clyde will de-commit

Vandelay Industries
12-26-2016, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=HoopsDawg;677140]B/C LSU is always going to have a beast RB and I want to get Clyde Edwards-Helaire. I think he flips to us if they get Akers.[/QUOTE

Ah Ok. Would still rather him go to FSU, looks like CEH is already looking around

HoopsDawg
12-26-2016, 09:03 PM
I was reading on Tiger droppings and some think lsu is getting Travis etienne and that Clyde will de-commit

He basically already did by saying that he is looking around. Aeris, Nick and Kylin are similar runners so a change of pace like Helaire would be a nice get for us. But it is so critical that we sign Racey McMath and get him in school or find another over-looked guy like Bear. I'm really concerned about our outside receivers long term.

Activated Alpha
12-26-2016, 09:08 PM
If the national guys are picking FSU, then it seems like they need to read ED more according to the crystal balls here

Jacksondevildog
12-26-2016, 09:10 PM
The national guys don't actually know who the boosters are like some of the Ole Miss media does. The fan site guys know who is being taken care of. I'll be shocked if it's FSU tomorrow.

thf24
12-26-2016, 09:14 PM
As already was mentioned in the thread, the national guys seemed to know what was up with Treadwell, Nkemdiche, Tunsil, ect. Not sure why it would be any different just because the prospect in question is in-state.

preachermatt83
12-26-2016, 09:20 PM

Bc LSU will have a good RB with or without Cam. Om, not so much.

TUSK
12-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Bc LSU will have a good RB with or without Cam. Om, not so much.

I believe he'd have less impact (vs MSU) if he were at Bammer as opposed to LSU...

he'd play ST for a couple years, maybe feature one year in TTown, then be gone... or he'd get processed to a SECE team/JUCO/non-P5 team...

dawgday166
12-26-2016, 09:37 PM
I believe he'd have less impact (vs MSU) if he were at Bammer as opposed to LSU...

he'd play ST for a couple years, maybe feature one year in TTown, then be gone... or he'd get processed to a SECE team/JUCO/non-P5 team...

You looking out for us I see **** You crack me up. With closet fans like you .... LOL.

Dawgology
12-26-2016, 09:38 PM
Who cares. Ole Miss could sign the #1 team in the nation and we would still finish ahead of them in the SEC like 95% of the time since Mullen has been here. If Akers wants to throw his college career away and negatively impact his NFL future that's on him. If he chooses that then that tells me everything I need to know about him. It seems to be a pattern for Ole Miss athletes.

How a parent of a talented athlete could be SO short sighted to send there child to Ole Miss is mind blowing. One has only to look at recent history to understand this.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2016, 09:39 PM

I hate you. One day Saban will be gone. If you guys make the wrong hire it will be back to only winning 9-10 games per year.

msstate7
12-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Who cares. Ole Miss could sign the #1 team in the nation and we would still finish ahead of them in the SEC like 95% of the time since Mullen has been here. If Akers wants to throw his college career away and negatively impact his NFL future that's on him. If he chooses that then that tells me everything I need to know about him. It seems to be a pattern for Ole Miss athletes.

How a parent of a talented athlete could be SO short sighted to send there child to Ole Miss is mind blowing. One has only to look at recent history to understand this.

They're (latest big time recruit) different. Hell, Rick Cleveland declared Akers better than than Dupree. Hugh K probably has an article ready to go that declares Akers better now than Barry sanders in his prime

dawgday166
I hate you. One day Saban will be gone. If you guys make the wrong hire it will be back to only winning 9-10 games per year.

Haha ... ole Tusk is aight. He do like to rub a little salt in our wounds from time to time tho. The smug bastard *****

msstate7

Bout like Florida post-urban

TUSK
12-26-2016, 09:46 PM
You looking out for us I see **** You crack me up. With closet fans like you .... LOL.

Just thinkin' of ya, buddy....*

dawgday166
12-26-2016, 10:05 PM

Thanks mane we appreciate it!

I went to Manhattan one time. Started at lower end and walked up the Island. The whole time I had this feeling so I kept looking behind me to see if someone was fixin to stick a knife or gun in my back. I sorta have that same feeling now ***** I'm sitting in my recliner at home and I keep looking behind me.

ETA: I just went and got my .357 and sat it in my lap ****

RocketDawg
12-26-2016, 10:13 PM

Tusk ... what kind of MSU gear did you get for Christmas? **

TUSK
12-26-2016, 10:23 PM
Tusk ... what kind of MSU gear did you get for Christmas? **

I got a sweet, homemade scarf that the "crimson" is a tad dark... almost "maroon" one could say....

TUSK
12-26-2016, 10:25 PM
Thanks mane we appreciate it!

I went to Manhattan one time. Started at lower end and walked up the Island. The whole time I had this feeling so I kept looking behind me to see if someone was fixin to stick a knife or gun in my back. I sorta have that same feeling now ***** I'm sitting in my recliner at home and I keep looking behind me.

ETA: I just went and got my .357 and sat it in my lap ****

closing your blinds and cutting off all ambient, interior lighting will help, as well....

dawgday166
12-26-2016, 10:28 PM
closing your blinds and cutting off all ambient, interior lighting will help, as well....

Damn ... didn't think of that. I'm on it now. If wind blows hard bullets will be flyin everywhere ***

Bdawg
12-26-2016, 10:44 PM

If I were Mullen or any other coach recruiting a talented kid OM is after, I would have a big envelope with a list of Om players recruited by Freeze who recently went to the NFL(Kimchee, Treadwell, Tunsil) and have done nothing. I would also have articles written on each player about how unprepared they were for the NFL(and I read some). Then if I were Mullen, I would have a list of our recent players( Dak, Bmac, Cox, Jones, Wright) to show how ready they were when they got to the league. Then I would tell that recruit( Cam in this situation) that when your by yourself tonight in your room, take a look at what's in the folder and see who will DEVELOP you the best.

That's one thing I would do.

But then, Cam will probably look on the floor at that bag cash and ink with OM. Ha ha

I_Spy
12-27-2016, 12:50 AM
At least we know that 'WE' are the loudest fans and people are starting to listen to us more and more. We quell the hype on rebel players, fairly well as a past time. We would do wonders if we got paid instead of the players even perhaps.

If we don't get Cam, which I guess we won't, then we won't allow OM to feel good about anything they get.

Hopefully Cam will FSU, LSU or Bama it so we can still cheer for him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-27-2016, 08:42 PM
ahem**............

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2016, 08:43 PM
Gigs up Sh&$birds

Jack Lambert
12-27-2016, 08:50 PM
Let's just hope his parents don't find them selves unemployed tomorrow. I think those shit head would do it.

Todd4State
12-27-2016, 09:03 PM
They couldn't even get Archie's kid to commit to them the last time they were on probation.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-27-2016, 09:05 PM
I bet the same douche bags who were telling him "Happy Birthday" with red and blue dots and "Praying you make the right decision" are cussing him left and right on Twitter right now.

Commercecomet24
12-27-2016, 09:05 PM
Cam going to fsu really is the final sign it's all over for them and everyone knows it. The end is in sight bears. General Sherman headed for Oxford.

Todd4State
12-27-2016, 09:46 PM
I bet the same douche bags who were telling him "Happy Birthday" with red and blue dots and "Praying you make the right decision" are cussing him left and right on Twitter right now.

No doubt. And it's epic!

Todd4State
12-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Cam going to fsu really is the final sign it's all over for them and everyone knows it. The end is in sight bears. General Sherman headed for Oxford.

Didn't General Sherman smoke cigars like a certain MSU coach did after his victory in Oxford?

I don't think most of them realize the gravity of their situation. That or they think that they can just work their way around it and it won't matter. Certainly doesn't help that their media is lying to them and the Clarion-Ledger has their head in the sand about this whole investigation. They think that they are controlling the message for the good of Ole Miss but it's only going to make the explosion more epic. What's going to happen is the Ole Miss boosters with some sense are going to be furious when they actually realize the truth about what is going to happen to their program. Of course they are going to be dealing with the second NOA at that point and in an even deeper hole because of their excessive lying when if they had been up front from the beginning they could have minimized the damage.

Goldendawg
12-27-2016, 10:01 PM
Many UNM people where I work are still in complete denial of the entire situation. I had to tell a good friend and husband of a relative that they had admitted to 8 majors and he was shocked (lifetime Reb and season ticket holder). He asked me where he could go to read the NOA and the UNM response. Totally mind boggling to me at this point.

Mjoelner34
12-27-2016, 10:38 PM
Didn't General Sherman smoke cigars like a certain MSU coach did after his victory in Oxford?

I don't know about that but he was Superintendent at LSU when the war started. #realrival

archdog
12-27-2016, 11:02 PM
Let's just hope his parents don't find them selves unemployed tomorrow. I think those shit head would do it.

They better have a microphone on tomorrow when they go to work.

Political Hack
12-27-2016, 11:08 PM
All the smart kids are letting them take them on their little ride and then just going somewhere else. It's becoming sort of comical the way they've gotten played the last few years.

Schultzy
12-27-2016, 11:17 PM
Do not underestimate Garnett and Gold or Bama Crimson money influence here. If they want him it will be a steep price.

Liverpooldawg
12-27-2016, 11:45 PM

If they are, the NCAA will have a field day. Well, more of a field day than they already are.

MarketingBully
12-27-2016, 11:59 PM
I'm sticking with FSU

And you were right as always!

Reason2succeed
12-28-2016, 12:49 AM
Please let this happen! The fallout would be glorious. You want to talk about media attention.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-28-2016, 01:56 AM
Many UNM people where I work are still in complete denial of the entire situation. I had to tell a good friend and husband of a relative that they had admitted to 8 majors and he was shocked (lifetime Reb and season ticket holder). He asked me where he could go to read the NOA and the UNM response. Totally mind boggling to me at this point.

That's funny, I had a similar situation last night with an OM fan that's dating a cousin of mine....we're a 100% State family (minus one Southern grad) and this guy was over watching the Dallas game with us. Conversation came up about OM and the NCAA. A different cousin wondered out loud what was really going to happen to OM. I said they were going to get hammered - no way around it. Next thing I know the OM guy says, "I don't think so. They really don't have that much on us"....I'm not a real confrontational guy but I turned to him and said, "Are you crazy? Y'all have 8 level 1 violations from the 1st NOA and you've got 2nd NOA still to come". His response was "yeah but they're not that serious level 1's". I laughed and said again, "you're crazy?...ALL level 1 violations are serious and y'all have 8 of them....y'all are in a world of hurt. One of the violations has Freeze introducing a booster to a recruit".

Needless to say it got pretty quiet in the room for about 15 minutes. I actually felt a little bad about coming down on him like I did as he seems like a nice guy minus his delusional thought process regarding his team and the NCAA. I don't talk with many OM fans and this was only the 2nd or 3rd time this subject has been brought up with me and an OM fan and it was the 1st time I'd had one of their fans take this stance with me about the subject. Again, he seems like a good guy but glad I only see him a couple of times a year. I pray for his soul**

Jack Lambert
12-28-2016, 08:59 AM
That's funny, I had a similar situation last night with an OM fan that's dating a cousin of mine....we're a 100% State family (minus one Southern grad) and this guy was over watching the Dallas game with us. Conversation came up about OM and the NCAA. A different cousin wondered out loud what was really going to happen to OM. I said they were going to get hammered - no way around it. Next thing I know the OM guy says, "I don't think so. They really don't have that much on us"....I'm not a real confrontational guy but I turned to him and said, "Are you crazy? Y'all have 8 level 1 violations from the 1st NOA and you've got 2nd NOA still to come". His response was "yeah but they're not that serious level 1's". I laughed and said again, "you're crazy?...ALL level 1 violations are serious and y'all have 8 of them....y'all are in a world of hurt. One of the violations has Freeze introducing a booster to a recruit".

Needless to say it got pretty quiet in the room for about 15 minutes. I actually felt a little bad about coming down on him like I did as he seems like a nice guy minus his delusional thought process regarding his team and the NCAA. I don't talk with many OM fans and this was only the 2nd or 3rd time this subject has been brought up with me and an OM fan and it was the 1st time I'd had one of their fans take this stance with me about the subject. Again, he seems like a good guy but glad I only see him a couple of times a year. I pray for his soul**

Was this at your house? If so screw him. My son has Ole Miss fans as friends and they know not to say anything negative about State and not to say anything good about ole miss in my house. So they stay off the subject.

Reason2succeed
12-28-2016, 09:05 AM

You should never apologize for telling the truth. You are actually helping his poor deluded soul by shining light into the darkness.

Bama_Dawg
12-28-2016, 09:14 AM
You should never apologize for telling the truth. You are actually helping his poor deluded soul by shining light into the darkness.

Yep, probably quickly after he arrived home started burning up the message boards going, "WTF, Guys!? You said we were in the clear, Level 1 violations are severe! Are you guys telling the truth? What's a sh!tbird?"

Dawgology
12-28-2016, 09:20 AM

Most of the ones that I've brought it up with just avoid or try to change the subject.