PDA

View Full Version : The view from my couch

Rick Cleveland
12-26-2016, 04:12 PM
Two blocked kicks and lots of Fitz is a winning formula.... http://mississippitoday.org/2016/12/26/blocked-kicks-save-the-bulldogs-day/

Apoplectic
12-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks Rick for being professional. Since i don't have to be professional i saw another garbage performance. I only see about 5 out of 22 guys giving relentless effort (aries, fitz, peters, lewis, and an occasional DL). The defense is terrible - poor coaching and even poorer effort. So we simplified the D over the break according to the talking heads??? How much more simple can you get than leaving the middle wide open every play and dodging every run?

I kinda get wasting the 1st half offensively to put fitz in different situations. Don't understand at least not attempting a kick at the end. i don't understand any of our defensive calls. thankfully richie makes a play (albeit a hold) and we catch a break to win.

Going forward i don't expect much improvement in the team except that the 140 lb RB has graduated. We're winning the games we're supposed to (sic....USA) and going to bowls which is all we've asked for through the years. I'm assuming that is worth top 15 money at >$4mm. We signed a lot of jucos but history says they'll only see significant PT if the unionized guy in front of him goes down.

but hey at least we beat tsun!

dawg27
12-26-2016, 05:19 PM
b
Thanks Rick for being professional. Since i don't have to be professional i saw another garbage performance. I only see about 5 out of 22 guys giving relentless effort (aries, fitz, peters, lewis, and an occasional DL). The defense is terrible - poor coaching and even poorer effort. So we simplified the D over the break according to the talking heads??? How much more simple can you get than leaving the middle wide open every play and dodging every run?

I kinda get wasting the 1st half offensively to put fitz in different situations. Don't understand at least not attempting a kick at the end. i don't understand any of our defensive calls. thankfully richie makes a play (albeit a hold) and we catch a break to win.

Going forward i don't expect much improvement in the team except that the 140 lb RB has graduated. We're winning the games we're supposed to (sic....USA) and going to bowls which is all we've asked for through the years. I'm assuming that is worth top 15 money at >$4mm. We signed a lot of jucos but history says they'll only see significant PT if the unionized guy in front of him goes down.

but hey at least we beat tsun!

I am with u i dont see alot of improvement next year , this team out played us today we caught some lucky breaks to win. i am not being a downer but i am not that fan who is just happy with winning 6 to 7 games i want us to compete i want us to be good. i want lsu,au,al, to be worried about us when they play us instead of a home coming game.

Dawgtini
12-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Two blocked kicks and lots of Fitz is a winning formula.... http://mississippitoday.org/2016/12/26/blocked-kicks-save-the-bulldogs-day/
Good article Rick. Nice to be able to read quality journalism.

starkvegasdawg
12-26-2016, 06:53 PM
Saw on the Miami board they wished we had kicked a FG, too. Then they would have been forced to get a td and the way they were gashing our defense, they think that would have given them a better shot at the win. Not so sure I disagree with them. Evidently, their kicker had issues, too.

msbulldog
12-26-2016, 07:51 PM
Saw on the Miami board they wished we had kicked a FG, too. Then they would have been forced to get a td and the way they were gashing our defense, they think that would have given them a better shot at the win. Not so sure I disagree with them. Evidently, their kicker had issues, too.

C'mon Vegas, wasn't their kicker had issues our coaches picked up on a weakness. Their kicker hit line drives, proof 2 blocked kicks, coaches doing their jobs.