PDA

View Full Version : Take the win for what it is.....

DogsofAnarchy
12-26-2016, 02:21 PM
it's a win but this STAFF has huge deficiencies at the D.C. And DL and LB coaching positions.

Dan just does not get it. Run the damn football and stop trying to make a passer out of Fitz. It's become comical how bad Dan wants to go away from what he knows BESt!! Just RUN the damn football BDD!!

Goldendawg
12-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Sirmon has to go, but we must open up the pocketbook, hire a good DC, let him run his D, and Dan stop micro-managing. With the history of DC interference and turnover the past 8 yrs, this is probably wishful thinking. Hail State!

was21
12-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Odds are that Sirmon will be back all things considered, especially the turnover of DC's during Dan's tenure although some were justified and others can't be blamed for leaving under the particular circumstances. Today, the way Miami was playing, they still only scored two TD's. Not making excuses but just don't see it happening. Sirmon is still a learner and we can only hope he improves in the immediate future...like next year.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Odds are that Sirmon will be back all things considered, especially the turnover of DC's during Dan's tenure although some were justified and others can't be blamed for leaving under the particular circumstances. Today, the way Miami was playing, they still only scored two TD's. Not making excuses but just don't see it happening. Sirmon is still a learner and we can only hope he improves in the immediate future...like next year.

I think our best hope is to set this team up for Fitz's senior year. Go head and make the staff changes now so in 2 years we can make another run at a good season. I think 7-5 is our ceiling next year anyway.

Jacksondevildog
12-26-2016, 02:51 PM
I agree about 7-5. Mullen does have to build around Fitzgerald AND Thompson. He needs to upgrade at OL. We cannot have Fitzgerald poised for a great senior year and us having the chance to win 9 or so and have a patchwork offensive line.
I think our best hope is to set this team up for Fitz's senior year. Go head and make the staff changes now so in 2 years we can make another run at a good season. I think 7-5 is our ceiling next year anyway.

DogsofAnarchy
12-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Glad that most on here are reasonable!! Next year's schedule does not benefit us in the W-L column. I also hope y'all heard Dan say, Ditz has to work on his passing. It's my experience with BDD that he says those things on purpose. Ive said it before and I will say it again, we need to be running the Down-Hill Running Spread. This pass first mentality has got to go.

Defensively, this is on the D.C. And DL coach. Our scheme must improve or we won't improve on Defense. I don't care who you bring in here, the coaches have to do a better job with the plan they have. Simplify the language and communication and allow the players to react instead of thinking so much !!

I agree about 7-5. Mullen does have to build around Fitzgerald AND Thompson. He needs to upgrade at OL. We cannot have Fitzgerald poised for a great senior year and us having the chance to win 9 or so and have a patchwork offensive line.

Goldendawg
12-26-2016, 04:03 PM
"DogsofAnarchy, I have to call you out for spelling Fritz, "Ditz". I was corrected earlier for spelling Fritz as Fritz. Poor spelling is not accepted on this board. Ha!

HaggardDawg
12-26-2016, 04:44 PM
Haven't been impressed with Brian baker. Bring David Turner back if possible.

Madisonmd
12-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Haven't been impressed with Brian baker. Bring David Turner back if possible.

Turner will NOT come back!

Goldendawg
12-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Except for not knowing Vandy's payroll, aren't we 13th in the SEC in pay for assistants? We are getting what we pay for.

dawg27
12-26-2016, 06:17 PM
it's a win but this STAFF has huge deficiencies at the D.C. And DL and LB coaching positions.

Dan just does not get it. Run the damn football and stop trying to make a passer out of Fitz. It's become comical how bad Dan wants to go away from what he knows BESt!! Just RUN the damn football BDD!!

I disagree with you fitz threw the ball very well today if the receivers just caught the ball that hit them in the hands you can't run the ball every freaking down I think he threw the ball very well we have no receivers