PDA

View Full Version : Grayson Allen (duke)

msstate7
12-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Suspended indefinitely after 3rd tripping incident. I've never liked this douche and I dislike him even more now

Liverpooldawg
12-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Suspended indefinitely after 3rd tripping incident. I've never liked this douche and I dislike him even more now

And Coach K let him play after it happened last night. I don't think he made the decision to suspend him.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-22-2016, 11:12 PM
He tripped a guy. That's all. The media is acting like he pulled out a pistol and shot someone on live TV.

Is Allen a douche? Yes. Does he deserve to be suspended indefinitely for this ? No

Draymond Green kicks guys in the nuts at least 5 times per year, and people just act like how tough a competitor he is. The whole story is ridiculous.

msstate7
12-22-2016, 11:19 PM
He tripped a guy. That's all. The media is acting like he pulled out a pistol and shot someone on live TV.

Is Allen a douche? Yes. Does he deserve to be suspended indefinitely for this ? No

Draymond Green kicks guys in the nuts at least 5 times per year, and people just act like how tough a competitor he is. The whole story is ridiculous.

I don't know if he does or doesn't need to suspended, but he keeps doing the same crap over and over.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-22-2016, 11:38 PM
Hockey players literally fight every game, and nothing happens to them because "it's part of the game". Biggest cop out in sports.

I personally think a pitcher throwing a baseball 95 mph at someone is a hell of a lot more dangerous than tripping someone. How many of them get suspended indefinitely ?

CadaverDawg
12-23-2016, 09:00 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0PjIsPUUAAhpOg?format=jpg&name=large

CadaverDawg
12-23-2016, 09:02 AM

He's done it at least 3 times already, so I'm not saying it's like knifing someone, but the douche needs a suspension or something to get the message through to him. Tripping guys bc they beat you off the dribble is bush league.

smootness
12-23-2016, 09:25 AM
And Coach K let him play after it happened last night. I don't think he made the decision to suspend him.

He said himself that he didn't see Allen's freak-out on the bench until after the game and that he wouldn't have let him come back in if he had. Allen was suspended indefinitely because he can't control his emotions and might legitimately need some help, not just because he's tripped a few guys.

Political Hack
12-23-2016, 09:29 AM
He's done it at least 3 times already, so I'm not saying it's like knifing someone, but the douche needs a suspension or something to get the message through to him. Tripping guys bc they beat you off the dribble is bush league.

Yep. He's going to get someone seriously hurt. They have to suspend him. Length of the suspension is debatable though.

Homedawg
12-23-2016, 09:33 AM

Okkkk. Just keep letting him trip people on purpose. Fine. Then the next guy he does it to should be able to punch his punk ass right between the eyes then w no punishment. He should be suspended. No question.

defiantdog
12-23-2016, 09:42 AM
Hockey players literally fight every game, and nothing happens to them because "it's part of the game". Biggest cop out in sports.

I personally think a pitcher throwing a baseball 95 mph at someone is a hell of a lot more dangerous than tripping someone. How many of them get suspended indefinitely ?

The dude she be suspended for acting like a ****ing child on the bench. Kids throw temper tantrums in little league, not college. Allen's a child and needs to grow up. He wasn't fighting or retaliating. He was throwing a hissy fit because he got caught tripping someone.

fader2103
12-23-2016, 10:04 AM
I agree with both sides. Yes he should be suspended for maybe 2 games one for the tripping the other for the temper tantrum. I also agree tripping is not as dangerous as throwing at someone in baseball with a fastball.

Todd4State
12-23-2016, 10:05 AM
He said himself that he didn't see Allen's freak-out on the bench until after the game and that he wouldn't have let him come back in if he had. Allen was suspended indefinitely because he can't control his emotions and might legitimately need some help, not just because he's tripped a few guys.

Yeah not buying that from Coach K. Even if he didn't see it no way he didn't know about it.

missouridawg
12-23-2016, 10:09 AM

Didn't Draymond get suspended for one game in the finals for kicking nuts?

smootness
12-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Yeah not buying that from Coach K. Even if he didn't see it no way he didn't know about it.

Why not? You honestly believe somebody went above Coach K to enact the punishment? If you think that's possible, you're insane.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-23-2016, 11:06 AM

I agree. It's childish, and he should face some sort of consequences (1 maybe 2 games) for what he did, but an indefinite suspension is insane. He tripped a guy.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-23-2016, 11:10 AM

I agree with this. Its the length o the suspension, and how the media is treating this guy is what I have the problem with. Also, I am in no way a Duke or Grayson Allen fan. I just feel like he's being unfairly treated.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Yep. He's going to get someone seriously hurt. They have to suspend him. Length of the suspension is debatable though.

Seriously hurt? Come on...

Show me an instance in basketball where someone has been seriously injured from a trip, and I will show you 3 where a player hurt another by undercutting him going up for a layup, but the person who undercuts a guy doesn't get an INDEFINITE suspension.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-23-2016, 11:17 AM
The dude she be suspended for acting like a ****ing child on the bench. Kids throw temper tantrums in little league, not college. Allen's a child and needs to grow up. He wasn't fighting or retaliating. He was throwing a hissy fit because he got caught tripping someone.

If players were suspended for throwing temper tantrums and acting childish, Demarcus Cousins would never play another minute.

Try again.

Tbonewannabe
12-23-2016, 11:17 AM
I agree. It's childish, and he should face some sort of consequences (1 maybe 2 games) for what he did, but an indefinite suspension is insane. He tripped a guy.

Indefinitely means it could be 1 game. Not saying he should have his career over for it but what happens when he trips someone and the blow out an ACL? I also think Green should be suspended for the whole season the next time he nut shots someone.

chisaintdog3
12-23-2016, 11:18 AM
I've always liked Grayson Allen and he is my favorite college player. I think he does need to be suspended for his actions. Hope he learns his lesson but like someone said it's just tripping. I've seen a lot worse in sports that didn't get any type of suspension.

THE Bruce Dickinson
Didn't Draymond get suspended for one game in the finals for kicking nuts?

Yes he did. He wasn't suspended indefinitely though, and he is a repeat offender in this category.

Tbonewannabe
If players were suspended for throwing temper tantrums and acting childish, Demarcus Cousins would never play another minute.

Try again.

Just like everything else, Cousins would sit a lot longer if he doesn't drop 55 points on people.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-23-2016, 11:29 AM
Indefinitely means it could be 1 game. Not saying he should have his career over for it but what happens when he trips someone and the blow out an ACL? I also think Green should be suspended for the whole season the next time he nut shots someone.

What happens next time someone goes in for a hard foul and someone breaks their wrist ? Indefinite suspension?

If it were a 1 game suspension, they would say 1 game suspension and i honestly wouldn't have a problem with that. It is the threat of a very long term suspension
(which i assume wont happen, but it could) and having the media act like he knifed somebody on the court. I heard someone on ESPN yesterday talking about whether or not he would be back in time for the tournament. WTF?

defiantdog
12-23-2016, 11:45 AM

Try again.
You're condoning an athlete who's acting like a child. Good job..... you win the argument. You probably also agree with how OM coaches treat their players. You're actually supporting an upperclassmen of an elite university that's acting like a complete prick.

Also, Cousins was suspended indefinitely back in 2012. Then he's been suspended without pay multiple times after that. Try again

Honestly, why are you supporting someone who's acting like a child while making your university look bad?

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-23-2016, 12:14 PM
You're condoning an athlete who's acting like a child. Good job..... you win the argument. You probably also agree with how OM coaches treat their players. You're actually supporting an upperclassmen of an elite university that's acting like a complete prick.

Also, Cousins was suspended indefinitely back in 2012. Then he's been suspended without pay multiple times after that. Try again

Honestly, why are you supporting someone who's acting like a child while making your university look bad?

Every coach and AD make a decision how to run their program. I prefer the way we have done it lately. Ole Miss football hired a bunch of paid assassins, and they are losing control of the program. This is often how it happens. It happened to us in football and basketball at one point. Now having said that...

I don't condone anything of that sort. I think it is stupid and childish, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Demarcus Cousins got ejected 2 nights ago for spitting his mouthpiece at the opposing team's bench. My question is why wasn't it the the lead story the next morning, and why isn't he suspended indefinitely again? He is a repeat offender. The point is that plenty of basketball players throw temper tantrums all the time, but only this kid gets suspended indefinitely for it and tagged as public enemy #1.

Todd4State
12-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Why not? You honestly believe somebody went above Coach K to enact the punishment? If you think that's possible, you're insane.

I'm saying no way that Coach K didn't notice one of his players throwing a tantrum on the bench. Even if he didn't see it no way one of his assistants didn't tell him about it. Even if that didn't happen no way he didn't hear someone on the bench talking about it. Coach K was RIGHT THERE ON THE BENCH and I'm supposed to believe he had no clue about it? Come on.

Tbonewannabe
12-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Every coach and AD make a decision how to run their program. I prefer the way we have done it lately. Ole Miss football hired a bunch of paid assassins, and they are losing control of the program. This is often how it happens. It happened to us in football and basketball at one point. Now having said that...

I don't condone anything of that sort. I think it is stupid and childish, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Demarcus Cousins got ejected 2 nights ago for spitting his mouthpiece at the opposing team's bench. My question is why wasn't it the the lead story the next morning, and why isn't he suspended indefinitely again? He is a repeat offender. The point is that plenty of basketball players throw temper tantrums all the time, but only this kid gets suspended indefinitely for it and tagged as public enemy #1.

Cousins mouth piece fell out while talking trash to the bench. That is a little bit different than spitting it at the bench.

Coackjek
12-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Seriously hurt? Come on...

Show me an instance in basketball where someone has been seriously injured from a trip, and I will show you 3 where a player hurt another by undercutting him going up for a layup, but the person who undercuts a guy doesn't get an INDEFINITE suspension.

Hypothetical: what if said trip causes knee injury requiring someone having to set out because of his actions?

shannondawg
12-23-2016, 03:03 PM
Suspend him for a couple of games to get the media off his back, and tell him to be subtle from now on, and no hissy fits.

How's that for compromise?

smootness
12-23-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm saying no way that Coach K didn't notice one of his players throwing a tantrum on the bench. Even if he didn't see it no way one of his assistants didn't tell him about it. Even if that didn't happen no way he didn't hear someone on the bench talking about it. Coach K was RIGHT THERE ON THE BENCH and I'm supposed to believe he had no clue about it? Come on.

So you believe Coach K knew about it, let him come back in, but then later decided it was bad enough that he should be suspended? Or that someone went above Coach K to make decisions regarding the basketball program?

Neither of those explanations makes any sense. The one that does make sense is that Coach K didn't see all that happened, let him back on the court, saw he was out of it emotionally, then saw the temper tantrum after the game and decided he needed to be suspended and get his emotions under control.

DudyDawg
12-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Saw a clip where K was talking to the referees by the scorers table while his bench blow up was going on. So maybe he didn't see it. Who knows.

IMissJack
12-23-2016, 04:25 PM
I cannot even begin to think about how my father would have reacted to me acting like that on national television. Looks like a t ball kid that is pouting.

bulldawg28
12-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Yes he did. He wasn't suspended indefinitely though, and he is a repeat offender in this category.

So is Grayson when it comes to tripping.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-24-2016, 12:50 PM
So is Grayson when it comes to tripping.

Correct. so why does Allen get suspended indefinitely while Green only receives techs ?

msstate7
12-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Correct. so why does Allen get suspended indefinitely while Green only receives techs ?

Not the same governing body

bulldawg28
12-24-2016, 01:15 PM

Green was suspended and ultimately the team lost the championship because of his suspension. Allen will miss meaningless games and will be back before they play Louisville.

sleepy dawg
12-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Jeez, it's not like he stomped on a guys stomach and groin.* Who gives a crap? If the league doesn't see a necessary suspension, I don't see why the team would.