PDA

View Full Version : Listening to McReady on head to head earlier.

AlSwearengen
12-22-2016, 06:05 PM
He was bemoaning the lack of jimmy's and joe's as the reason for ole miss' bad season. Of course, this confused me since olemiss is a power school that gets top talent. He then went on to talk about their new coaching hires and mentioned that a couple of them are known as good recruiters. So, I guess they are trying to hire some good recruiters to offset the loss of recruiting by boosters?

I always leave a conversation that involves olemiss people in a confused state.

SDDawg
12-22-2016, 06:25 PM
He was bemoaning the lack of jimmy's and joe's as the reason for ole miss' bad season. Of course, this confused me since olemiss is a power school that gets top talent. He then went on to talk about their new coaching hires and mentioned that a couple of them are known as good recruiters. So, I guess they are trying to hire some good recruiters to offset the loss of recruiting by boosters?

Here's my guess: Neal has had his ass kicked by Ole Miss types that don't like him running his mouth about Freeze. McReady has called out Freeze's underperformance multiple times this year, I guess someone jerked his chain and got him back into line. Just glad he's not a fan... **

AlSwearengen
12-22-2016, 07:07 PM
I was just surprised to hear an olemiss media person saying they lack talent. That doesn't fit the narrative. And if they don't have talent at this point, with what the ncaa is about to do to them for all if their recruiting efforts, I don't know what to say.

Todd4State
12-22-2016, 07:39 PM
I was just surprised to hear an olemiss media person saying they lack talent. That doesn't fit the narrative. And if they don't have talent at this point, with what the ncaa is about to do to them for all if their recruiting efforts, I don't know what to say.

McCready is the guy that pissed off Nutt back in the day with his prediction that Arkansas would blow them out and Nutt called him out at a press conference after they still lost to Arkansas by only 7 points.

Jarius
12-22-2016, 07:51 PM
He's not wrong. They lack talent in many many places. Did this year and will next year. They recruit excellent in certain position groups and totally neglect other spots. They also had a ton of attrition in the 2013 class after transfers and NFL early entrees. People thinking they were going to be good this year were being ridiculous.

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2016, 07:57 PM
He's not wrong. They lack talent in many many places. Did this year and will next year. They recruit excellent in certain position groups and totally neglect other spots. They also had a ton of attrition in the 2013 class after transfers and NFL early entrees. People thinking they were going to be good this year were being ridiculous.

Agree

Just because you have 8 4/5 star WRs doesn't mean you have LBs to stop the zone read

gravedigger
12-22-2016, 07:57 PM

john stewart on the daily show used to show the clips of the nauseatingly repetitious 'talking point' that was being spewed each day by whatever political party was using them to make an excuse and deflect blame.

I so wish there was one of these for MSU to show how silly they sound when they brag incessantly of how their recruiting is the end all be all, only to start spewing how they have only NOW started to get coaches that can recruit. Right, after landing the two most heralded classes in 2013 and 2016 in their schools history, they are lacking in quality recruits.

Their backups SHOULD be going into their senior year. Their ultra freshmen should be headed toward their sophomore year.

McReady is just another puke on the payroll. He isn't credible because he's paid for just like that tub of lard for the CL.

The best part of all of this is that no matter what they say now, more crap is coming and they have an excuse for it. The bs excuses make it even more entertaining.

The only thing that is bad about all of this is the amount of MSU fans that seem to fall into the trap that they aren't really going to suffer long term for all of this.

This sort of reminds me of wrestling on Saturday morning in Memphis. They need Jimmy Hart as a mascot. Not a bear.

Bothrops
12-22-2016, 08:01 PM

They are just dumb.

maroonmania
12-22-2016, 08:26 PM

Well if they think they lack talent now, just wait until about 3-4 years from now.

gravedigger
12-22-2016, 09:27 PM

which is yet another reason the morons who count stars and use that as a gauge to evaluate a recruiting class should be ignored. What a team NEEDS is what a team should recruit. Those mental giants drool over their own ratings and forget that you still have to tackle.

I hate to say this, but if we ran your butt off your home field, you didn't deserve to call yourself sec. What our OL, Fitz and A-train did to their team on their home field with a bowl on the line was borderline criminal.

That wasn't about losing talent or on field coaching. That was about an absence of authority in the locker room among player captains and coaching staff who had mailed it in.

If any one thing causes them to fail over the next couple of years, it will not be the sanctions. It will be the lack of administrative leadership.

SailingDawg
12-22-2016, 09:35 PM
I hate to say this, but if we ran your butt off your home field, you didn't deserve to call yourself sec. What our OL, Fitz and A-train did to their team on their home field with a bowl on the line was borderline criminal.

That wasn't about losing talent or on field coaching. That was about an absence of authority in the locker room among player captains and coaching staff who had mailed it in.

Nooo, they knew they were going to lose because of all their injuries! Didn't you see those empty stands at the Vaught? They laid down for us. ****

Todd4State
12-22-2016, 09:40 PM
which is yet another reason the morons who count stars and use that as a gauge to evaluate a recruiting class should be ignored. What a team NEEDS is what a team should recruit. Those mental giants drool over their own ratings and forget that you still have to tackle.

If any one thing causes them to fail over the next couple of years, it will not be the sanctions. It will be the lack of administrative leadership.

That's what happens when you have a bunch of mercenaries and everything or close to everything doesn't go right. They're pretty lucky that didn't happen the past two years too. They don't have a sustainable model for success and even worse they have a model that could potentially cripple their program for quite awhile.

Jarius
12-22-2016, 09:58 PM
As a state fan, it's scary how much their team looks like Jackie's teams when he lost control. Down to the NCAA cloud. He recruited well during that cloud as well rankings wise. There's a lot of quit in that bunch.

preachermatt83
12-22-2016, 10:35 PM
john stewart on the daily show used to show the clips of the nauseatingly repetitious 'talking point' that was being spewed each day by whatever political party was using them to make an excuse and deflect blame.

I so wish there was one of these for MSU to show how silly they sound when they brag incessantly of how their recruiting is the end all be all, only to start spewing how they have only NOW started to get coaches that can recruit. Right, after landing the two most heralded classes in 2013 and 2016 in their schools history, they are lacking in quality recruits.

Their backups SHOULD be going into their senior year. Their ultra freshmen should be headed toward their sophomore year.

McReady is just another puke on the payroll. He isn't credible because he's paid for just like that tub of lard for the CL.

The best part of all of this is that no matter what they say now, more crap is coming and they have an excuse for it. The bs excuses make it even more entertaining.

The only thing that is bad about all of this is the amount of MSU fans that seem to fall into the trap that they aren't really going to suffer long term for all of this.

This sort of reminds me of wrestling on Saturday morning in Memphis. They need Jimmy Hart as a mascot. Not a bear.

Freudian Slip?