PDA

View Full Version : RebelBear insiders say Yancy...

lamont
12-22-2016, 08:52 AM
Is saying Cam Akers is 100% to OM. Unless Akers is putting the super troll on them- the deal is done.

He is putting another high percentage they get Gay. That one would be very surprising

Jack Lambert
12-22-2016, 08:55 AM
The source is a bear and that bear is saying what Yancy is saying. I will believe it 100%. Mean while they said on H2H that it's down to Tenn and FSU. If it was a done deal he would have announced by now. It's about money right now and Ole Miss is not 100%.

BHildreth3
12-22-2016, 09:00 AM
The Cam deal was done a long time ago. Now he might steal and then sign with FSU but I doubt it. Think about it. The fanbase/boosters in their minds "Have to sign Cam". I can't imagine the number of phone calls that have been placed in the past several months regarding Cam Akers, between Rebels that matter.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Of course it could be OM & it wouldn't shock me but I'm hearing it's FSU. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

RocketDawg
12-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Is saying Cam Akers is 100% to OM. Unless Akers is putting the super troll on them- the deal is done.

He is putting another high percentage they get Gay. That one would be very surprising

Any idea what the final price was? Will he have to claim the income with the IRS, and does OM get a tax deduction?

GreenheadDawg
12-22-2016, 09:05 AM
Of course it could be OM & it wouldn't shock me but I'm hearing it's FSU. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

When does he announce?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2016, 09:06 AM
When does he announce?

Tuesday at 7pm

Jacksondevildog
12-22-2016, 09:07 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/willie-neal-player

Follow the paper trails.

msbulldog
12-22-2016, 09:10 AM

Follow the paper trails.

????

Jack Lambert
12-22-2016, 09:17 AM

Follow the paper trails.

Is that a game to get from Ole Miss cheating to MVSU basketball?

Chip
12-22-2016, 09:21 AM

Follow the paper trails.

I think this is a relative of the prospect who JDD is stating may be playing the "I'd have to say yeah" game with the Bear boosters.

HSVDawg
12-22-2016, 09:22 AM
The Cam deal was done a long time ago. Now he might steal and then sign with FSU but I doubt it. Think about it. The fanbase/boosters in their minds "Have to sign Cam". I can't imagine the number of phone calls that have been placed in the past several months regarding Cam Akers, between Rebels that matter.

It's not stealing if they give it to you.

Dawgface
12-22-2016, 09:25 AM
Looks like the Ncaa investigation is going to drag out even longer.

thf24
12-22-2016, 09:25 AM
With the growing discontent of his subscribers over being lied to for three years, if Yancy is wrong about this, could it be the final nail in his coffin?

Leroy Jenkins
12-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Cam's coach in line for a job?

lamont
12-22-2016, 09:31 AM

Yes

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2016, 09:31 AM
The 247 Crystal Balls heavily favor FSU & have been trending FSU in recent days.

Recruiting guy outside of Ole Miss sites are unanimous in thinking it is FSU. I guess it's possible they are all underestimating Ole Miss, but they weren't underestimating Ole Miss when it came to Kimchee, Little, or Treadwell & all those players were at least as highly recruited as Akers.

I personally think OM sites are just trying sound positive right now to draw website clicks & keep hope alive. They can always say FSU "got to him" next & they are spared from their current predictions.

OM trying to land Akers & Gay is a last ditch effort save face, so don't be shocked at all if Yancy is predicting 100% on both those guys in an effort to build momentum. Also don't be surprised if lose Akers, if they come after Kylin Hill with Brewsters Millions.

Just remember that people attack when backed into a corner & OM is clearly backed into a corner right now. I don't think they land any of them, but they are damn sure going to try.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2016, 09:33 AM
It is lying season for Yancy.

msbulldog
12-22-2016, 09:45 AM
The 247 Crystal Balls heavily favor FSU & have been trending FSU in recent days.

Recruiting guy outside of Ole Miss sites are unanimous in thinking it is FSU. I guess it's possible they are all underestimating Ole Miss, but they weren't underestimating Ole Miss when it came to Kimchee, Little, or Treadwell & all those players were at least as highly recruited as Akers.

I personally think OM sites are just trying sound positive right now to draw website clicks & keep hope alive. They can always say FSU "got to him" next & they are spared from their current predictions.

OM trying to land Akers & Gay is a last ditch effort save face, so don't be shocked at all if Yancy is predicting 100% on both those guys in an effort to build momentum. Also don't be surprised if lose Akers, if they come after Kylin Hill with Brewsters Millions.

Just remember that people attack when backed into a corner & OM is clearly backed into a corner right now. I don't think they land any of them, but they are damn sure going to try.

Another thread has Texas offering K Hill, Ole Piss will be running with the big boys if they come after Hill.

Cooterpoot
12-22-2016, 10:02 AM
Jimbo had his in-home right before the start of the dead period and Brewster is all in with Cam. I'll go with FSU on this one. Cam wants to leave MS. His mom is the only thing that's ever really held him back.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-22-2016, 10:09 AM
If Cam does announce for FSU, does the CJ flip get moved from day before signing day to next Wednesday?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Were these the same insiders that said we had no shot at Abram and Cole?

CarolinaDawgs
12-22-2016, 10:12 AM
Mississippi has produced 69 4 or 5 Star recruits since 2007. Only 1 has ever gone to a school outside of MS or a neighboring state. That 1 was in 2007. Fixed it

msbulldog
12-22-2016, 10:13 AM
I hope the NCAA interviews Cam.

msbulldog
12-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Mississippi has produced 69 4 or 5 Star recruits since 2007. Only 1 has ever gone to a school outside of MS or a neighboring state. That 1 was in 2007. So, 0 4*/5* recruits have left the state in 8 years. Something to think about.

Great research.

defiantdog
12-22-2016, 10:15 AM
What is all the Cam hype? If he was such a great prospect, Bama would not have pulled his offer.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Jimbo had his in-home right before the start of the dead period and Brewster is all in with Cam. I'll go with FSU on this one. Cam wants to leave MS. His mom is the only thing that's ever really held him back.

People don't understand how important that year Brewster spent at MSU is when it comes to Cam's recruitment. Brewster has done great in this battle for Cam.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-22-2016, 10:19 AM
I know a guy that is praying he picks ole miss for let's just say "investigative journalism" and trips to Indiana

msbulldog
12-22-2016, 10:20 AM
People don't understand how important that year Brewster spent at MSU is when it comes to Cam's recruitment. Brewster has done great in this battle for Cam.

Please explain IYOK, I am well behind on this connection?

BossDawg
12-22-2016, 10:23 AM
I don't see how ANYYYYBODY can commit to UM at this point. The only reasons I can see that would make a player pick them is either 1.) It's their only offer, or 2.) They (player and parents) are getting some serious, serious, absolutely absurd cash and prizes for their commitment. With all the smoke bellowing out of Oxford, I simply don't understand why any player would even entertain the idea of going there.

Ifyouonlyknew
Please explain IYOK, I am well behind on this connection?

Brewster spent a year in MS so he's well versed in OM's recruiting tactics & how they operate.

Leroy Jenkins
Mississippi has produced 69 4 or 5 Star recruits since 2007. Only 1 has ever gone to a school outside of MS or a neighboring state. That 1 was in 2007. So, 0 4*/5* recruits have left the state in 8 years. Something to think about.

Is that you Bruce Feldman ?

HSVDawg
12-22-2016, 10:30 AM

Well, a lot have left for neighboring states. Alabama, Auburn, and LSU have all gotten some. Just none have gone more than one state away. Blake Barnes to UGA was the last that I remember.

BeastMan
12-22-2016, 10:31 AM

Just off the top of my head I can think of 2 last year (Lashley & the meridian kid) who were 4s who went to Bama. A few years ago 4-star Gabe Campbell went to Oklahoma. 4-star kid from the delta that went to Auburn 2011ish. Those are just thinking for 2 seconds. That stat isn't close to right.

starkvegasdawg
12-22-2016, 10:33 AM
4-star kid from the delta that went to Auburn 2011ish.

Jermaine Whitehead

17thebears
12-22-2016, 10:34 AM

Just off the top of my head I can think of 2 last year (Lashley & the meridian kid) who were 4s who went to Bama. A few years ago 4-star Gabe Campbell went to Oklahoma. 4-star kid from the delta that went to Auburn 2011ish. Those are just thinking for 2 seconds. That stat isn't close to right.

Alabama borders Mississippi.

CarolinaDawgs
12-22-2016, 10:36 AM
It was from a 24/7 FSU guy and I think he meant outside of neighboring states.. I was trying to link it but I couldnt. Let me try again from my PC

CarolinaDawgs
12-22-2016, 10:38 AM
It was from a 24/7 FSU guy and I think he meant outside of neighboring states.. I was trying to link it but I couldnt. Let me try again from my PC

https://twitter.com/BSonnone/status/811934864010309632

Got it, just passing along info.

GreenheadDawg
12-22-2016, 10:38 AM

Yeh this is also the guy that wanted to start a freak out because Herman offered Hill. I smell bear scat

TimberBeast
12-22-2016, 10:40 AM

I was thinking the same thing, not sure where that info came from but it has to be very wrong.

HSVDawg
12-22-2016, 10:40 AM

The first part of his statement was correct, that none have not signed with a school in MS or a neigboring state. But then he said 0 4* and 5* players have left MS in 8 years which is of course incorrect.

Personally, I think it's irrelevant. Tallahassee's proximity to Clinton isn't much different than Auburn's proximity to Greenwood or Southaven (Shon Coleman and Jermaine Whitehead), Tuscaloosa's proximity to Picayune (whatever TE bama landed from there a few years back), and I'm sure there are several other examples.

BeastMan
12-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Alabama borders Mississippi.

Btw, CarolinaDawgs post was stolen from Twitter.

Missed that part but Gabe Campbell still fits that.

Cooterpoot
The only 5 star player to leave was Coleman I believe.

CarolinaDawgs
Yeh this is also the guy that wanted to start a freak out because Herman offered Hill. I smell bear scat

I didn't freak out. Simply posted a tweet. You came to that bonehead conclusion all on your own. Good for you.

17thebears
12-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Missed that part but Gabe Campbell still fits that.

He was a 3 Star on 247 Composite.

CadaverDawg
12-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Cam won't do a damn thing at Ole Miss because Hugh Freeze will never commit to the run, and everybody knows it. They'll probably end up trying to convert him to LB in order to keep other guys like Pennamon from transferring, or some dumb shit like that. Hell, I won't be surprised if they design a wildcat package like Pellerin's just to satisfy Akers and family. All of those things will lead to more of the same from that bunch, and ultimately Ole Miss AND Akers will be unsuccessful.

I just prefer him go away from Bama or LSU so we don't have to deal with him, but the main reason I don't want him at OM is bc their PR machine will eat it up & bc he will likely pull in other recruits to the school he signs with. The only place he would actually excel is FSU, LSU, or Bama imo.

My only concern with Ole Miss getting him is how they're able to cheat that bad under what appears to be a big time NCAA presence....and like I said above, I don't want them reaping benefits of other recruits following Cam there. You know, recruits that could actually make a big impact...bc Cam will be an average SEC back at best at Ole Miss. Even they know that, but starzzz right?

Reason2succeed
12-22-2016, 10:47 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if the NCAA were monitoring all of this?!?

Cooterpoot
12-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Honestly, Willie Gay is the only recruit left that I'm concerned about. Cam can go wherever he wants. He'll either catch 75 passes a year at UM or he'll learn to be a real RB at FSU.
But we need Willie Gay.

preachermatt83
12-22-2016, 10:51 AM
As I have said repeatedly, something big would have to happen for him to not go to OM. Too much pressure from mom.

CadaverDawg
12-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Honestly, Willie Gay is the only recruit left that I'm concerned about. Cam can go wherever he wants. He'll either catch 75 passes a year at UM or he'll learn to be a real RB at FSU.
But we need Willie Gay.

I agree.

preachermatt83
12-22-2016, 10:52 AM
But we need Willie Gay.
I agree 100%

msbulldog
12-22-2016, 10:53 AM
Brewster spent a year in MS so he's well versed in OM's recruiting tactics & how they operate.

Thank You!

BB30
12-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Eh, Cam won't save that sinking ship. If he wants to sign his college career away by all means I will enjoy watching State LBs eat him up all day for 3 or 4 years. I just don't see the logic in going to OM over FSU as a RB. He has a legitimate chance to be something special at FSU, at OM he will be running behind a depleted OL in an offense that will pretty much be a skeleton of the air raid. It just makes zero sense.

And barring something extremely crazy, Gay will be a DAWG after February. Just sit back and enjoy the Rebs implosion over the next several years. It might be the best entertainment we receive in our lifetime.

Ari Gold
12-22-2016, 11:06 AM
Willie Gay will be signing at State come Feb whatever happens between now and then is just noise..

msbulldog
12-22-2016, 11:08 AM
My only concern with Ole Miss getting him is how they're able to cheat that bad under what appears to be a big time NCAA presence....and like I said above, I don't want them reaping benefits of other recruits following Cam there. You know, recruits that could actually make a big impact...bc Cam will be an average SEC back at best at Ole Miss. Even they know that, but starzzz right?

CDawg, the kids these days know what's going on. If they follow Cam to Mississippi they are following the money trail. If the NCAA interviews signees they will find inconsistent stories and maybe the truth. The Network is digging their own grave.

GreenheadDawg
12-22-2016, 11:08 AM
I didn't freak out. Simply posted a tweet. You came to that bonehead conclusion all on your own. Good for you.

Your reading comprehension is not very good. Not good for you. I said wanted to start a freak out. Didn't say you freaked out. Learn to read.

fishwater99
12-22-2016, 11:15 AM
Eh, Cam won't save that sinking ship. If he wants to sign his college career away by all means I will enjoy watching State LBs eat him up all day for 3 or 4 years. I just don't see the logic in going to OM over FSU as a RB. He has a legitimate chance to be something special at FSU, at OM he will be running behind a depleted OL in an offense that will pretty much be a skeleton of the air raid. It just makes zero sense.

And barring something extremely crazy, Gay will be a DAWG after February. Just sit back and enjoy the Rebs implosion over the next several years. It might be the best entertainment we receive in our lifetime.

I still don't see why all the hype for Cam. He had a great HS career playing QB, but he hasn't specifically played RB for a full season and in the MS/AL All-star game Hill looked much better..
He doesn't have elite speed for a RB.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-22-2016, 11:15 AM
You think they're not? You better believe they are watching this like a hawk.

Jack Lambert
12-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Your reading comprehension is not very good. Not good for you. I said wanted to start a freak out. Didn't say you freaked out. Learn to read.

I is trying too.

HSVDawg
12-22-2016, 11:19 AM

CDawg, the kids these days know what's going on. If they follow Cam to Mississippi they are following the money trail. If the NCAA interviews signees they will find inconsistent stories and maybe the truth. The Network is digging their own grave.

That concern is valid. OM has been cheating and will continue to cheat even after the probation. The NCAA has a ton of dirt, but they still found probably only about 0.5% of what has actually been happening. They have nothing on players getting paid except for the Tunsil stuff which all happened after he got to campus. So basically, expect all that stuff to continue. Things like boosters joining in home visits and stuff like that may not, but they are gonna keep on keeping on for the most part.

Any benefits we reap from in state recruiting over the next 3 or 4 years will be because kids don't want to sign on to a losing program under major sanctions. It won't be because they stopped cheating, so nobody should get it twisted.

Reason2succeed
12-22-2016, 11:26 AM
Has anyone invited the NCAA investigators to Elitedawgs?

notsofarawaydawg
12-22-2016, 11:26 AM
RebelBears reporting that Yancy was spotted in NOLA at a certain bar dancing on the bar with the boys. He's claiming mistakes were made and he was not on his knees in the parking lot when the PO PO arrived. Police are quoted saying "I'd have to say Yeah" when questioned about his kneeling position while the flag was up. ***

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2016, 11:27 AM
Just curious, does the NCAA owe Akers a phone call?

Just seems like more truthful information should be available to prospect looking to make a quality decision

CarolinaDawgs
12-22-2016, 11:39 AM

My bad. It is even more impressive that you could see my intentions from posting a link with literally no other comment. Impressive.

confucius say
12-22-2016, 12:00 PM
I still don't see why all the hype for Cam. He had a great HS career playing QB, but he hasn't specifically played RB for a full season and in the MS/AL All-star game Hill looked much better..
He doesn't have elite speed for a RB.

Cam has elite speed. 4.41 on the laser. He will have to adjust to the rb position and improve his vision/patience, but he has elite speed.

GreenheadDawg
12-22-2016, 12:24 PM
My bad. It is even more impressive that you could see my intentions from posting a link with literally no other comment. Impressive.

It's a skill of mine. Thanks for noticing

Bucky Dog
12-22-2016, 12:32 PM

IF he is at OM, then it will be because his coach got an assistant job, and Kam White will get drafted, I mean be on scholly.

BB30
12-22-2016, 12:33 PM
That concern is valid. OM has been cheating and will continue to cheat even after the probation. The NCAA has a ton of dirt, but they still found probably only about 0.5% of what has actually been happening. They have nothing on players getting paid except for the Tunsil stuff which all happened after he got to campus. So basically, expect all that stuff to continue. Things like boosters joining in home visits and stuff like that may not, but they are gonna keep on keeping on for the most part.

Any benefits we reap from in state recruiting over the next 3 or 4 years will be because kids don't want to sign on to a losing program under major sanctions. It won't be because they stopped cheating, so nobody should get it twisted.

Not saying they won't keep paying/cheating but the penalty for it becomes quite a bit stiffer if they get caught again. I think that will tame them a little bit. I am sure they will still do some things but it will not be to the extent that is has been in the past 3-4 years otherwise they are just signing a death sentence.

HSVDawg
12-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Not saying they won't keep paying/cheating but the penalty for it becomes quite a bit stiffer if they get caught again. I think that will tame them a little bit. I am sure they will still do some things but it will not be to the extent that is has been in the past 3-4 years otherwise they are just signing a death sentence.

I think they are fully aware of the stiffer penalties and don't care. If they did, they wouldn't be in the game at all with Avery and Akers. Its not like them getting caught now would be any worse than if they were caught after the Committee on Infractions meets. They have already received the NOA so it already falls under repeat offender status.

Tripp McNeely
12-22-2016, 02:01 PM
I think they are fully aware of the stiffer penalties and don't care. If they did, they wouldn't be in the game at all with Avery and Akers. Its not like them getting caught now would be any worse than if they were caught after the Committee on Infractions meets. They have already received the NOA so it already falls under repeat offender status.

FWIW, and as IYOK pointed out in another thread, CJ has shut down his recruitment...it's over. He's going to Louisville.

Political Hack
12-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Predicting the future:

"Well guys, I'm not sure what to say other than the NCAA issues hurt us here. The other schools kept hammering that and it ended up being too much to overcome in the end. That's recruiting."

lawdawg
12-22-2016, 02:27 PM
The announcement is the day after our bowl game and Dak's Monday night game. Obviously, he's picking OM. #winthepressconference

CadaverDawg
12-22-2016, 02:52 PM
The announcement is the day after our bowl game and Dak's Monday night game. Obviously, he's picking OM. #winthepressconference

Excellent points. Very Ole Miss. Everybody just expect it to be Ole Miss...realize it means nothing considering where their program is headed, and quit worrying about it. Let it be a chuckling surprise to everyone if he chooses someone else. My opinion

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Excellent points. Very Ole Miss. Everybody just expect it to be Ole Miss...realize it means nothing considering where their program is headed, and quit worrying about it. Let it be a chuckling surprise to everyone if he chooses someone else. My opinion

I wouldn't say everybody.

Tripp McNeely
12-22-2016, 04:12 PM

Actually, does anybody, outside om media, expect it to be om?

Todd4State
12-22-2016, 04:15 PM

Ultimately I think he goes down to the final day. He just seems like that type of recruit and that kind of situation.

Todd4State
12-22-2016, 04:17 PM

I think you are right. And when it comes to recruiting Ole Miss can't help themselves.

Political Hack
12-22-2016, 06:07 PM
They're as toast as toast can be. They know. We know it. They have no reason to hold back right now with exception to ethically being concerned about lying to kids, which we all know where they stand on that.