PDA

View Full Version : Should ole miss just save themselves and the SEC the embarrassment.....

MadDawg
12-21-2016, 12:28 PM
....and just "suspend" their program for the next few years to appease the NCAA and get them off their campus? When you see how other schools with a mere fraction of the infractions as them are handling their NCAA violations with across the board firings, and then compare that to the circus show in Oxford, I think it's time to end the charade.

EngDawg
12-21-2016, 12:30 PM
At this point, they are up shit creek.

PonderThis1
12-21-2016, 12:51 PM
I feel like, as harsh as the penalties will be, there will be a portion of our fan base that is disappointed. Some of you are either trolling or..... you are just something else.

EngDawg
12-21-2016, 03:16 PM
I feel like, as harsh as the penalties will be, there will be a portion of our fan base that is disappointed. Some of you are either trolling or..... you are just something else.

I've said this before, we should speculate about every conceivable penalty. It only hurts UM.

Dawgology
12-21-2016, 03:22 PM
That wouldn't be bad. I've said for a while that this will embarrass the SEC when everything comes to light. The SEC is already considered to be the most corrupt conference by everyone outside of the SEC. it would be a great move and send a clear message if the SEC were to go ahead and vote then out of the conference. It can be done if the violations are severe enough.

Dawgface
12-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Ha. Won't happen. The NCAA might level some stiff penalties, but OM won't serve up it's own head beforehand. Don't see the SEC doing anything either.

WSOPdawg
12-21-2016, 03:53 PM
At this point, they are up shit creek.

And soon, Eng, hopefully we'll have a 2017 headline titled "UM football canceled for 2017"

How awesome would that be (even if it is only wishful thinking)!!!

Reason2succeed
12-21-2016, 03:54 PM
If State were in the same position the Ole Miss run media on ESPN, Clarion Ledger etc would be currently speculating our dismissal from the SEC.

Political Hack
12-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Whether they play a conference schedule or not will be irrelevant for the next decade. They're fortunate Vandy is their permanent. Maybe they'll get a conference win every other year that way.

RougeDawg
12-21-2016, 05:39 PM
I honestly don't understand why they haven't done what's necessary to minimize the blow and get on with the sanctions, opppswd to their current extend and delay tactics. They are essentially killing this and then next recruiting class before anything has even come out. Then tack on 2-5 years of Bowl and and 65 over 5, will set them back until 2025. I'd prefer to get started on the penalties to get back to normal as soon as possible.

DownwardDawg
12-21-2016, 05:50 PM
If State were in the same position the Ole Miss run media on ESPN, Clarion Ledger etc would be currently speculating our dismissal from the SEC.

There is zero doubt about that!!! On the flip side, OUR FANS won't even talk about them being kicked out, much less the media.

msbulldog
12-21-2016, 07:35 PM
There is a very small chance MSU would vote to out another SEC member from Mississippi.

codeDawg
12-21-2016, 07:40 PM
I honestly don't understand why they haven't done what's necessary to minimize the blow and get on with the sanctions, opppswd to their current extend and delay tactics. They are essentially killing this and then next recruiting class before anything has even come out. Then tack on 2-5 years of Bowl and and 65 over 5, will set them back until 2025. I'd prefer to get started on the penalties to get back to normal as soon as possible.

They honestly believed that the NCAA had lost their teeth and that running everything through boosters would protect the university. It might have for a bit, but they got above their raising and the NCAA regrouped.

SDDawg
12-21-2016, 08:01 PM
Whether they play a conference schedule or not will be irrelevant for the next decade. They're fortunate Vandy is their permanent. Maybe they'll get a conference win every other year that way.

Vandy looking strong so I wouldn't count on that win, even at home if I was OM. I don't trust Sankey to do the right thing here though, we'll see.

QuadrupleOption
12-21-2016, 08:18 PM

Honestly I'm not trolling, nor am I some kind of unhinged lunatic when I say with all seriousness that I hope their program gets hammered like the fist of an angry God. I hope they get obliterated so badly that they NEVER recover. Ever.

It's not just the blatant cheating that they've engaged in since 2013 - it's that they cheated since Vaught stepped on campus AND THEY NEVER STOPPED. They never stopped cheating, even through the 70's and 80's. They didn't stop cheating when Brewer was there, and they didn't stop cheating when Joe Lee Dunn took over for a year. Or when Tuberville stepped onto their campus. They even cheated when Cutcliffe was the coach but he didn't want to play so they ran his ass off. Orgeron took it up a notch, trying to get them back on track, Nutt kept it going, and Freeze took it into hyperdrive.

And you know, it's not even that their boosters are self-absorbed assholes who can't get recruits under regular pretenses. It's that they go out of their way to **** with MSU every. single. time. we show ANY signs of life. They pay recruits to NOT visit us. They swoop in and steal recruits that they have no intentions of playing just so they can screw with our classes. Not to mention the way they come out of the woodwork screaming about cheating when all we're doing is what they do ALL THE DAMN TIME. They're shitheads, and they've been shitheads since the 60's. No, not the 1960's. The 1860's.

And the saddest part is, I GUARANTEE there will be some ********** MSU fan who posts in the next 2-3 years about how he feels "sorry" for them. Not me. I hope they burn in football Hell forever.

So in conclusion, as the famous saying goes, "**** those shitbirds". Their football program can die in the righteous fires of NCAA fury. It's LONG overdue, and they deserve every damn bit of it.

Holy Shit. Where's the Tylenol?

Liverpooldawg
12-21-2016, 08:28 PM
Honestly I'm not trolling, nor am I some kind of unhinged lunatic when I say with all seriousness that I hope their program gets hammered like the fist of an angry God. I hope they get obliterated so badly that they NEVER recover. Ever.

It's not just the blatant cheating that they've engaged in since 2013 - it's that they cheated since Vaught stepped on campus AND THEY NEVER STOPPED. They never stopped cheating, even through the 70's and 80's. They didn't stop cheating when Brewer was there, and they didn't stop cheating when Joe Lee Dunn took over for a year. Or when Tuberville stepped onto their campus. They even cheated when Cutcliffe was the coach but he didn't want to play so they ran his ass off. Orgeron took it up a notch, trying to get them back on track, Nutt kept it going, and Freeze took it into hyperdrive.

And you know, it's not even that their boosters are self-absorbed assholes who can't get recruits under regular pretenses. It's that they go out of their way to **** with MSU every. single. time. we show ANY signs of life. They pay recruits to NOT visit us. They swoop in and steal recruits that they have no intentions of playing just so they can screw with our classes. Not to mention the way they come out of the woodwork screaming about cheating when all we're doing is what they do ALL THE DAMN TIME. They're shitheads, and they've been shitheads since the 60's. No, not the 1960's. The 1860's.

And the saddest part is, I GUARANTEE there will be some ********** MSU fan who posts in the next 2-3 years about how he feels "sorry" for them. Not me. I hope they burn in football Hell forever.

So in conclusion, as the famous saying goes, "**** those shitbirds". Their football program can die in the righteous fires of NCAA fury. It's LONG overdue, and they deserve every damn bit of it.

I like the way you think. Outstanding post.

EngDawg
12-21-2016, 08:50 PM
And soon, Eng, hopefully we'll have a 2017 headline titled "UM football canceled for 2017"

How awesome would that be (even if it is only wishful thinking)!!!

Personally, my prediction is Double Secret Death Penalty

BulldogtheMS
12-21-2016, 09:00 PM

Hell of a rant... Your exactly right though. 17' those shitbirds

WSOPdawg
12-21-2016, 09:44 PM

Just damn awesome!!! I love it when I find another who thinks like me. Rep given, Q.
=D

fieldcorporal
12-21-2016, 09:55 PM

Hell yea. **** those shitbirds.

Political Hack
12-21-2016, 10:00 PM
Q won at internet today.

QuadrupleOption
12-21-2016, 11:15 PM
Thanks fellas. I'm not good for much in the way of sports takes, but every once in awhile I can get a good rant off.

Goldendawg
12-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Q, as a Southern Baptist, I would like to 2nd your motion! Great post and my feelings exactly. I didn't live in the 1860's, have lived thru everything you posted as a State fan since the 1960's. Hail State! BTW, don't forget their main rival is LSU (Ha!).

Dawgology
12-22-2016, 01:15 AM

That was beautiful.