PDA

View Full Version : Dak is a Pro Bowler

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2016, 08:08 PM
Just named

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/225530/2016-nfl-pro-bowl-selections-2

Reason2succeed
12-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Hail State!

Dawg61
12-20-2016, 08:14 PM
Just named

Boom!!

C222
12-20-2016, 08:14 PM
Fletcher too.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2016, 08:16 PM
Trying to figure out how Slay didn't make it

Dawg61
12-20-2016, 08:21 PM
Trying to figure out how Slay didn't make it

Missed too many games to injury maybe

starkvegasdawg
12-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Just named

Was he selected as a TE?***

somebodyshotmypaw
12-20-2016, 08:47 PM
This is great for the state of Mississippi. Dak throwing to Treadwell in the Pro Bowl. I'm assuming Treadwell made it also.

parabrave
12-20-2016, 08:53 PM
This is great for the state of Mississippi. Dak throwing to Treadwell in the Pro Bowl. I'm assuming Treadwell made it also.

Ouch, guess RK will be starting on Def.

starkvegasdawg
12-20-2016, 09:22 PM

Tread is averaging 15 yards/reception. That's good for 3rd in the league. Surely he made it.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-20-2016, 09:30 PM
Tread is averaging 15 yards/reception. That's good for 3rd in the league. Surely he made it.

He's a big play receiver! Saving himself for the playoffs.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-20-2016, 09:32 PM
On a serious note, Dak made it over Brees, Eli, Wentz, Carson Palmer, Kirk Cousins, Stafford, Cutler, Bradford, and Russell Wilson. It takes great play to make it.

Homedawg
12-20-2016, 09:44 PM
On a serious note, Dak made it over Brees, Eli, Wentz, Carson Palmer, Kirk Cousins, Stafford, Cutler, Bradford, and Russell Wilson. It takes great play to make it.

Too be fair only Stafford, Wilson and brees of that group have ever been worth a shit. Eli has always sucked minus a couple of hail Mary's. Cousins and Wentz will be good.

parabrave
12-20-2016, 09:49 PM

Is that when he runs the correct route?

RocketDawg
12-20-2016, 09:53 PM

Last I'd heard he'd only caught one pass all year though. Has that changed? That was just a couple weeks ago.

Dawgtini
12-20-2016, 10:04 PM
Last I'd heard he'd only caught one pass all year though. Has that changed? That was just a couple weeks ago.
Still 1 catch for 15 yds. 15/1 = 15 yds/catch avg. 🤓😏

parabrave
12-20-2016, 10:10 PM
Well Dak and EE have done one thing for the NFL. They have brought back a ton of NFL fans to the fold with their unselfless play and just having fun. ESPN and NBC know what ratings those two bring, next mon nite will be the 4th week in a row for primetime. If they make the Super Bowl it will be on of the highest rated SBs in a long time. They should get an award for that alone.

Gutter Cobreh
12-20-2016, 10:12 PM
Well Dak and EE have done one thing for the NFL. They have brought back a ton of NFL fans to the fold with their unselfless play and just having fun. ESPN and NBC know what ratings those two bring, next mon nite will be the 4th week in a row for primetime. If they make the Super Bowl it will be on of the highest rated SBs in a long time. They should get an award for that alone.

You're right. Cowboys are to NBC what Alabama is to CBS.

parabrave
12-20-2016, 10:27 PM
And being a 50 year cowboy fan, got you beat Mutt, I love it.

Tbonewannabe
12-20-2016, 10:39 PM
How did McKinney or KJ Wright not make it?

BeardoMSU
12-20-2016, 10:53 PM
How did McKinney or KJ Wright not make it?

KJ was a huge snub. So was Slay.

Mutt the Hoople
12-20-2016, 10:54 PM
Well Dak and EE have done one thing for the NFL. They have brought back a ton of NFL fans to the fold with their unselfless play and just having fun.

We need more of that unselflessness in our world today.

SaintDawg
12-20-2016, 11:02 PM
We are on the cusp of being 'QB University'. I honestly believe that. Mullen built Dak. Mullen is now in the process of building Fitz. Key will be next. Folks, we may be at the start of an incredible run of QBs at State. If the crootin' comes through with talent to surround and support these QBs... Good Gracious the teams we will have!

EAVdog
12-20-2016, 11:03 PM

There was an article a couple of weeks ago talking about the actual numbers jump this year around Dallas games. Industry analysts basically said that Dallas games were the only thing giving the entire season positive traction. Showed that the Thursday Night against the Vikings game was watched by more than the 3 previous Thursday night games combined. Dak is saving the NFL. (And Zeke)

WSOPdawg
12-20-2016, 11:26 PM
We are on the cusp of being 'QB University'. I honestly believe that. Mullen built Dak. Mullen is now in the process of building Fitz. Key will be next. Folks, we may be at the start of an incredible run of QBs at State. If the crootin' comes through with talent to surround and support these QBs... Good Gracious the teams we will have!

Yup, can honestly say I would have never thought we'd be able to say this (MSU = QB U) in my lifetime. Now If we can only get Dan to buy-in to being our "Frank Beamer" or "Bill Snyder."

thedawginme
12-20-2016, 11:29 PM

Honestly, that is something you can build a long term program around.

DudyDawg
12-20-2016, 11:30 PM
There was an article a couple of weeks ago talking about the actual numbers jump this year around Dallas games. Industry analysts basically said that Dallas games were the only thing giving the entire season positive traction. Showed that the Thursday Night against the Vikings game was watched by more than the 3 previous Thursday night games combined. Dak is saving the NFL. (And Zeke)

Has more to do with the cowboys brand and them being good than dak or zeke personally. It helps a ton, but it's the star on the helmet that's boosting ratings. If it were other rookies or really anyone at qb/rb lighting it up you'd see a big rating spike from a 12-2 cowboys.

RougeDawg
12-21-2016, 09:15 AM
Has more to do with the cowboys brand and them being good than dak or zeke personally. It helps a ton, but it's the star on the helmet that's boosting ratings. If it were other rookies or really anyone at qb/rb lighting it up you'd see a big rating spike from a 12-2 cowboys.

Yes, but don't leave out the immense pressure associated with said star on helmet. Just look at the media chatter after giants loss. You don't get that playing for any other team. If the media had any sort of consistency they'd be focusing on Houstons QB situation and the 7 other QB selected who aren't tearing the league up. Instead you hear "it's Dallas' offensive line", "when will **** come back in?", "will Jerry Jones force a switch?".

smootness
12-21-2016, 09:24 AM

Ok, but it's still Dak and Elliott that are the 2 doing it.

That's kind of like saying that all the publicity and stardom surrounding Tom Brady isn't about him specifically because if any QB had 4 Super Bowl titles, they'd get the same thing.

And I even disagree with it. If Romo was the QB of this 12-2 team, they'd be getting viewership but not quite to this level.

Political Hack
12-21-2016, 09:38 AM
He has a chance to be the first pro bowl FB to ever complete a pas during the game. Should be exciting.

On a somewhat surprising note, I might actually watch the pro bowl this year.

Political Hack
12-21-2016, 09:41 AM

Sorry, but America isn't tuning in to a 12-2 team led by the electric play of Tony Romo. Just isn't happening. He'd be just as exciting as Manning and the Giants. The NY market at 10-3 isn't getting the media attention Dallas is with one more win. It's because 1) they're rookies and 2) it's fun to watch. They could be playing for the Browns and doing this and it would be even bigger.

BB30
12-21-2016, 09:48 AM
I was trying to find a list of Rookie QB Pro Bowlers and could not come up with one. Anyone have an idea as to how often this happens? Fingers crossed, it finally looks like we are going to have a pretty solid NFL QB. What is even better is he is no Jameis Winston or Manziel he is for the most part as good off the field as he is on and is a great ambassador for our University. Dak's work ethic and drive is incredible. It has certainly been a blast to follow him this season.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2016, 09:52 AM
He has a chance to be the first pro bowl FB to ever complete a pas during the game. Should be exciting.

On a somewhat surprising note, I might actually watch the pro bowl this year.

Just FYI, Dak isn't likely to actually play in the Pro Bowl. It's the week before the Super Bowl

smootness
12-21-2016, 10:04 AM
Sorry, but America isn't tuning in to a 12-2 team led by the electric play of Tony Romo. Just isn't happening. He'd be just as exciting as Manning and the Giants. The NY market at 10-3 isn't getting the media attention Dallas is with one more win. It's because 1) they're rookies and 2) it's fun to watch. They could be playing for the Browns and doing this and it would be even bigger.

Eh, being the Cowboys does help.