PDA

View Full Version : Very rare weather event today in MS

starkvegasdawg
12-20-2016, 06:30 PM
There was a lake effect snow event off of Ross Barnett Reservoir. While it only resulted in a dusting, the snow was moderate to heavy while it lasted.

Freezing fog is possible again tonight across NE MS. There were several wrecks due to iced over bridges this morning. Drive cautiously if out late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Bucky Dog
12-20-2016, 08:26 PM
There was a lake effect snow event off of Ross Barnett Reservoir. While it only resulted in a dusting, the snow was moderate to heavy while it lasted.

Freezing fog is possible again tonight across NE MS. There were several wrecks due to iced over bridges this morning. Drive cautiously if out late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Yeah I was going to post this a little earlier. We live on Rankin county side of reservoir and first thing this morning when I looked out I thought it was fog and thought that was weird since it was in the 20's. Then my wife texted to say it was snowing on the way to work across to Madison county. Then I went out and saw the flurries flying and heard David Hartman explain since the water of the reservoir had been warm until recently it created that lake effect snow within a 3-5 mile radius. It was pretty heavy near Madison Ridgeland on 51.

SaintDawg
12-20-2016, 10:50 PM
I live on Rankin County side also. Coming across Northshore Pkwy this morning, I thought it was odd as well.

sleepy dawg
12-21-2016, 12:14 AM
I also witnessed it in Madison. One minute there was just frost on things, then suddenly it was like a very heavy flurry snow. It was like powder floating down. It was clear very quickly that it was sticking and building up, but then it stopped after a few minutes.

RougeDawg
12-21-2016, 09:24 AM
That damned global warming.**