PDA

View Full Version : If the NFL season ended today

BeastMan
12-19-2016, 01:00 PM
My Miami Dolphins would be in the damn playoff. End at Buffalo (winnable) and then Pats which could be winnable if they rest guys. Still a lot of football to be played but if they make it, be prepared for "Laremy Tunsil made the Dolphins a playoff team"

defiantdog
12-19-2016, 01:10 PM
My Miami Dolphins would be in the damn playoff. End at Buffalo (winnable) and then Pats which could be winnable if they rest guys. Still a lot of football to be played but if they make it, be prepared for "Laremy Tunsil made the Dolphins a playoff team"
Yeah, a guy that missed a game because he hurt himself getting out of the shower is the reason for the team's success.

smootness
12-19-2016, 01:22 PM

What the? Tunsil has been very good at guard. But there is literally not a single person who will argue that Tunsil is the reason for their success.

SDDawg
12-19-2016, 01:54 PM
What the? Tunsil has been very good at guard. But there is literally not a single person who will argue that Tunsil is the reason for their success.

He said "get ready". Which is usually followed by something completely absurd coming from an Ole Miss fan. I'm staying vigilant myself...

Goldendawg
12-19-2016, 02:28 PM
My favorite team since I was a boy in the 60's is back in the playoffs for the first time since 2002. Go Raiders! I never thought that I would pull for the hated Cowboys, but Dak has made them my favorite as long as he is there! Hail State!

louisvilledawg
12-19-2016, 02:35 PM

Have you met any ole miss fans? They say that top-notch recruits come to Oxford because of the how great the campus looks.

Those morons will take any faux positive story and run with it.

BeastMan
12-19-2016, 02:36 PM
My favorite team since I was a boy in the 60's is back in the playoffs for the first time since 2002. Go Raiders! I never thought that I would pull for the hated Cowboys, but Dak has made them my favorite as long as he is there! Hail State!

I'm the same way with Miami and now Dallas. I've enjoyed following the Raiders. Carr is a great young QB.

Goldendawg
12-19-2016, 02:48 PM
We all know the game has changed, but Jack Tatum, Skip Thomas, Ted Hendricks, and many other Raiders sure couldn't have played under the targeting rules of today. We do know now, however, that may of these old hitters have/had their life shortened from many of these hits. A WR going over the middle in those days had to have guts. Remember how Lester Hayes and Bilitnicoff (sp) covered their uni's with stickum? I think Hayes got an int once when the ball stuck to his forearm. The play of the old Raiders brought many rule changes in the NFL.

smootness
12-19-2016, 03:00 PM
He said "get ready". Which is usually followed by something completely absurd coming from an Ole Miss fan. I'm staying vigilant myself...

Oh, we're talking about Ole Miss fans? Who gives a crap? Point to Dak, and Chris Jones, and Darius Slay, and tell them they're the reason those teams are in the playoffs. Then quit caring about it. Sports fans say a lot of dumb things to make their rivals mad.

Goldendawg
12-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Don't forget to include the play of K J, Denito Autry, Gabe Jackson, and B. McKinney whose teams will also be in the playoffs (Texans may have to work some).

KB21
12-19-2016, 03:16 PM

Miami may have struck gold with Adam Gase. I feel like Tannehill really improved a lot once they stabilized the OL. Going forward, they have to figure out what to do with Mike Pouncey. He's the difference maker up front. With him, They are 4-1. Without him, they are 5-4. That hip problem of his may be chronic though.

BeastMan
12-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Miami may have struck gold with Adam Gase. I feel like Tannehill really improved a lot once they stabilized the OL. Going forward, they have to figure out what to do with Mike Pouncey. He's the difference maker up front. With him, They are 4-1. Without him, they are 5-4. That hip problem of his may be chronic though.

OL in general has been a huge issue. That's why they grabbed Tunsil. They need to replace a couple and get some more quality depth. That's the key the next 2 years. Good defense and good offensive skill position talent that is young.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
12-19-2016, 04:00 PM

How you guys feel about Matt Moore? I'd like to see him get some shine, I didn't even know he was still in the league til yesterday.

My Titans are in a similar spot, but must win out. End at Jacksonville (just fired coach) and then Texans at home (Tom Savage?).

Safe to say neither team will make much noise in playoffs but would be a big step for young teams and a boost to their fan bases.

BeastMan
12-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Matt is a good back-up and had a great game last week. Tied club record for TD passes vs Jets w/Marino at 4. I'm praying he's solid at Buffalo but we'll see. I'd prefer Tannehil being the guy but this franchise simply making the playoffs is a huge step in the right direction.

BeastMan
01-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Observed from RG podcast from yesterday. They were discussing NFL playoffs and Chase says this at 56:48:

"Meanwhile, that Miami team that is very average in a lot of ways, makes the AFC playoffs and media giving credit to Laremy Tunsil for one of the main reasons"

Link > https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-oxford-exxon-podcast/id985684368?mt=2#episodeGuid=https%3A%2F%2FRebelGr ove.podbean.com%2Fe%2F12217-what-have-we-missed-while-weve-been-gone%2F

Not picking on Chase because he attributed it to "media". I'm not saying "media" didn't say that but I read a lot of Dolphins columns and haven't seen that. While he did make the OL exponentially better, Gase is the reason the Dolphins made the playoffs for the first time since 08. I told y'all

smootness
01-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Observed from RG podcast from yesterday. They were discussing NFL playoffs and Chase says this at 56:48:

"Meanwhile, that Miami team that is very average in a lot of ways, makes the AFC playoffs and media giving credit to Laremy Tunsil for one of the main reasons"

Link > https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-oxford-exxon-podcast/id985684368?mt=2#episodeGuid=https%3A%2F%2FRebelGr ove.podbean.com%2Fe%2F12217-what-have-we-missed-while-weve-been-gone%2F

Not picking on Chase because he attributed it to "media". I'm not saying "media" didn't say that but I read a lot of Dolphins columns and haven't seen that. While he did make the OL exponentially better, Gase is the reason the Dolphins made the playoffs for the first time since 08. I told y'all

Of course they're going to say that crap. But no one else is. It's a non-story. Tunsil is a good player, one of a bunch that the Dolphins have.

KB21
01-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Beatman, have you seen this article on Jarvis Landry?

https://theringer.com/nfl-playoffs-miami-dolphins-jarvis-landry-rambo-afca16c06a6d#.l7fikdo5g

It's hard to imagine that LSU had both Jarvis and Odell Beckham Jr and couldn't do more with the opportunity. Those two are tied for 1st in NFL history in receptions during 1st three seasons. Both have 288 receptions.