Leroy Jenkins
12-19-2016, 07:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeQIAhBHS-I

ZedFedder
12-19-2016, 07:55 AM
Awesome.

msstate7
12-19-2016, 08:11 AM
He's as good a running qb as I've seen in a while.

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2016, 08:33 AM
I know there is touch and timing work to be done, but for a kid who had thrown less than 100 in-game passes in his life (HS & MSU), Fitz's growth this season was phenomenal.

This stood out to me in particular this weekend watching the ULL/USM game. Anthony Jennings is still the same QB he was in 2013/4. No change. Just like Swag Kelly was the exact same in '16 as in '15. So many QB's don't advance their skills during their college careers. And here we have a guy in Fitz who - regardless of some early season naysayers - had to have worked his tail of the past 2 years to not only get to a basic level of competence but actually exceed it. This is a consistent, constant pattern under Dan.

It has me very excited about what Fitz can do the next 2 years and absolutely mind googled about what a kid like Key should be able to do under Dan.

smootness
12-19-2016, 08:36 AM
I know there is touch and timing work to be done, but for a kid who had thrown less than 100 in-game passes in his life (HS & MSU), Fitz's growth this season was phenomenal.

This stood out to me in particular this weekend watching the ULL/USM game. Anthony Jennings is still the same QB he was in 2013/4. No change. Just like Swag Kelly was the exact same in '16 as in '15. So many QB's don't advance their skills during their college careers. And here we have a guy in Fitz who - regardless of some early season naysayers - had to have worked his tail of the past 2 years to not only get to a basic level of competence but actually exceed it. This is a consistent, constant pattern under Dan.

It has me very excited about what Fitz can do the next 2 years and absolutely mind googled about what a kid like Key should be able to do under Dan.

Love it.

And yes, I'm pretty excited to see what kind of QB Fitz can become over the next 2 years. I just hope we don't get too far away from what our offense was down the stretch this year, even if his passing really improves. He is such a threat in the run game.

CadaverDawg
12-19-2016, 09:21 AM
Love it.

And yes, I'm pretty excited to see what kind of QB Fitz can become over the next 2 years. I just hope we don't get too far away from what our offense was down the stretch this year, even if his passing really improves. He is such a threat in the run game.

I agree. It's hard not to have a little fear creep in that Dan will want to begin polishing him as a passer now since he's gotten a lot of "QB guru" love lately. We need to stick with the ground game and let it open up the play action passing...but not go pass heavy. You gotta think we'll go much more pass heavy if Nick starts getting NFL talk though at some point, just like Dan did with Dak.

AROB44
12-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Whatever Dan wants to do is fine by me.

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2016, 09:37 AM

I think the pass heavy Dak offense would've looked much different had we had a legitimate RB. With Aeris, Gibson, & Hill for the future, I think we have the mix to maintain a physical running presence. We didn't have that in 2015

RougeDawg
12-19-2016, 09:48 AM
I think the pass heavy Dak offense would've looked much different had we had a legitimate RB. With Aeris, Gibson, & Hill for the future, I think we have the mix to maintain a physical running presence. We didn't have that in 2015

Bbbbbbbingo. Just look how much better Fitz looked when 1 finger Holloway went down. Same thing goes with our offense in 13. Perk went down, JRob came in and we went on a roll. OLIne also "plays better" when these RB changes were made. Funny how one position personnel change can impact the entire offense but our HC cannot seem to recognize it.

Todd4State
12-19-2016, 09:59 AM

As long as we have backs like Aeris, Gibson, Hill, and heck even Lee I think our offense will be fine. When we start trying to make scatbacks play like Vick Ballard that's when our "play calling gets different". I imagine we throw the ball more simply because we get into more passing situations plus the defense can key in on our only running threat who is the QB which makes us less effective overall.

Todd4State
12-19-2016, 10:00 AM

So you were fine with Holloway up the middle? What a moron.

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2016, 10:01 AM

Are you channeling Longo there?? "An air raid offense with an aggressive, downhill running game."

AROB44
12-19-2016, 10:52 AM

You calling me a moron is like the pot calling the kettle black. However, unlike you, I am not a expert on every sport known to man and don't claim to know more than any coach who have ever passed through the doors at MSU. Just for informational purposes, is there any subject that you are not an expert on?

Joe Schmedlap
12-19-2016, 11:02 AM

Not a good look...

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Are you channeling Longo there?? "An air raid offense with an aggressive, downhill running game."

My head isn't big enough to channel Longo. This guy looks like Everett Kinard circa 1968

http://rockpride.sru.edu/2014/RP021414/res/img/longo.jpg

Todd4State
12-19-2016, 12:22 PM
You calling me a moron is like the pot calling the kettle black. However, unlike you, I am not a expert on every sport known to man and don't claim to know more than any coach who have ever passed through the doors at MSU. Just for informational purposes, is there any subject that you are not an expert on?

And I claim to be an expert on anything where? Link please?

And while I do not claim to be an expert I at least knew that running Holloway up the middle wasn't the right thing to do. Not that it takes an expert to know that- or at least it shouldn't. I'd call that common sense.

But please keep allowing to me to stay in your head rent free. Carry on.

Goldendawg
12-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Is that really a picture of Longo? Looks like a long, lost relative of "Mongo" from Blazing Saddles and Coach O from LSU. Does the SEC test coaches for steroid use???????

smootness
12-19-2016, 04:42 PM
And I claim to be an expert on anything where? Link please?

And while I do not claim to be an expert I at least knew that running Holloway up the middle wasn't the right thing to do. Not that it takes an expert to know that- or at least it shouldn't. I'd call that common sense.

But please keep allowing to me to stay in your head rent free. Carry on.

Holloway carried the ball 10+ times in 7 games in his career. We won 5 of those games.

The focus on the use of Holloway by our fans is bizarre. No, we didn't use him correctly 100% of the time. Yes, there were times where it frustrated me, too. It meant next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

TrapGame
12-19-2016, 04:52 PM
My head isn't big enough to channel Longo. This guy looks like Everett Kinard circa 1968

http://rockpride.sru.edu/2014/RP021414/res/img/longo.jpg

That's a lot of neck to squeeze into that collar. Wow!

preachermatt83
12-19-2016, 04:57 PM
Assuming both stay healthy Fitz will own most every MSU QB record before he leaves. He will struggle on a few of the passing ones but will be close. Then Key will own them all when he leaves. Except maybe a couple of rushing ones that fitz may keep forever.

Todd4State
12-19-2016, 05:13 PM
Holloway carried the ball 10+ times in 7 games in his career. We won 5 of those games.

The focus on the use of Holloway by our fans is bizarre. No, we didn't use him correctly 100% of the time. Yes, there were times where it frustrated me, too. It meant next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

With Holloway as our primary back this year through Auburn we averaged 25 points per game on offense. With Aeris as our primary back our offense averaged 41 points per game. In other words we despite how Holloway was used and because we had a NFL QB to offset our stubborn coach. So yes it made about a two touchdown difference with our offense- and that includes the 3 point game against Alabama.

lamont
12-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Holloway as our starting TB was simply not good football. Fitz led the nation in total offense once Aeris began starting. Thats just a fact. The A-Train even averaged over 5 ypc vs Bama.

Mullen was wrong, wrong, wrong, starting Holloway at TB. Its sad that the guy had to get hurt for our team to get better. Mullen cost himself a losing season this year- thats another fact.

Fitz had tremendous growth this year and is a huge bright spot heading into 2017. Hopefully we can get to 7 wins

justwin
12-20-2016, 01:43 AM
Holloway as our starting TB was simply not good football. Fitz led the nation in total offense once Aeris began starting. Thats just a fact. The A-Train even averaged over 5 ypc vs Bama.

Mullen was wrong, wrong, wrong, starting Holloway at TB. Its sad that the guy had to get hurt for our team to get better. Mullen cost himself a losing season this year- thats another fact.

Fitz had tremendous growth this year and is a huge bright spot heading into 2017. Hopefully we can get to 7 wins

More than anything, I hope one of those 7 is versus Georgia. Fitz is going to wanting to show out in home state. Chubb though...

sscjr1
12-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Bump