PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have idea on tickets sales for Bowl Game?

Bucky Dog
12-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Was wondering what we were allotted and have sold, and total for the game. I'm assuming this will be one of those you can get for about $10 at game time like our last Gator.

coastratdog
12-18-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm waiting for the secondary market to kick in too. The Gator and Orange Bowls where a little different because the size of the stadium were larger so there were more tix available.

dawg27
12-18-2016, 02:25 PM
I'm waiting for the secondary market to kick in too. The Gator and Orange Bowls where a little different because the size of the stadium were larger so there were more tix available.

The last I heard is Miami has sold all of their allotted tickets state has sold not even 1000.

blacklistedbully
12-18-2016, 02:28 PM
The last I heard is Miami has sold all of their allotted tickets state has sold not even 1000.

Unfortunately, this looks bad for us going forward, as bowl committees look at that when they get to choose who they want to invite.

was21
12-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Generally that's probably true. But this bowl is kind of like an exception to the rule, seeing how we got into it and all..doubtful if the probably lack of ticket sales will carry over to next year or any future year

Goldendawg
12-18-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm proud of our team being the one picked for our GPA, but there are far too many bowls and even when we win we will still have had a disappointing losing season except for gaining momentum for 2017 after aTm, 55 - 20, and the added practices and this bowl win. The December 26 play date and 5 - 7 made this trip difficult for many State fans. Looking forward to much better results in 2017. Hail State!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-18-2016, 03:16 PM
aTm 55-20?

Goldendawg
12-18-2016, 03:19 PM
The aTm victory, and the 55 - 20 victory over UNM late in the season when we finally played much better ball.

Offshore Dawg
12-18-2016, 07:54 PM
The aTm victory, and the 55 - 20 victory over UNM late in the season when we finally played much better ball.

Did not play much defense against Arkansas between those two.

Todd4State
12-18-2016, 08:09 PM
I think the timing is just really bad for a lot of our fans. December 26th at 10 AM is about as bad as it can get as far as attendance. If we were going to Las Vegas or either one of the Dallas Bowls I would have made it.

Also a lot of our fans have learned that if you buy tickets through MSU you usually end up with crappy seats so it's just better to buy them online on StubHub or wherever else. That hurts our bowl allotment sales but I bet we have a lot more fans there than the allotment indicates. My guess would be 15K which would be low for us but understandable given the circumstances.

Spiderman
12-18-2016, 08:19 PM
I think the timing is just really bad for a lot of our fans. December 26th at 10 AM is about as bad as it can get as far as attendance. If we were going to Las Vegas or either one of the Dallas Bowls I would have made it.

Also a lot of our fans have learned that if you buy tickets through MSU you usually end up with crappy seats so it's just better to buy them online on StubHub or wherever else. That hurts our bowl allotment sales but I bet we have a lot more fans there than the allotment indicates. My guess would be 15K which would be low for us but understandable given the circumstances.

If we had played this weekend, we would have taken a good crowd. Or 2 days after Christmas would be good crowd too

CJDAWG85
12-19-2016, 07:46 PM
I'll be there!

profholt82
12-19-2016, 07:53 PM
aTm 55-20?

Obviously aTm means ass to mouth, but what does 55-20 mean?

Jack Lambert
12-19-2016, 07:57 PM
When i am planing for post season I never even thought we would go with 5 wins. I figured we would go to one of the regular bowl games. I went to the BYU game and had time for any other normal SEC bowls but did not plan to be in Florida the day after christmas. No way I could work it out.

There will be more State fans then Miami Ohio fans. We probably have a decent alumni base in Florida. I wonder will Strickland make the 100 mile drive?

CJDAWG85
12-19-2016, 08:00 PM
Florida is in the Outback Bowl so he should be there anyway.