PDA

View Full Version : So the CJ Avery-Ole Miss Flipmas Party has started!

Bucky Dog
12-17-2016, 06:42 PM
Rosie reporting it is on and Avery is already telling other recruits about it. I am shocked I tell you, shocked! I mean this whole game is really getting a little old Hugh!

lamont
12-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Avery will be a solid pick-up for them. We signed some good secondary players- so we will be fine also

Coursesuper
12-17-2016, 06:49 PM
That's some dumbass shat, go play for a guy who is going to be there one year tops. Win the PC tards cause your ass is going down.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 06:50 PM
Avery will be a solid pick-up for them. We signed some good secondary players- so we will be fine also

Yeah, I like who we got.

If Avery looks at om as a good opportunity, I don't even know what to say about that

Bucky Dog
12-17-2016, 06:59 PM
They deserve each other.

GreenheadDawg
12-17-2016, 06:59 PM
Who gives a ****? If he is dumb enough to go there then they deserve him

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2016, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure this "flip" goes down. I guess we'll see.

CadaverDawg
12-17-2016, 07:34 PM
Rosie reporting it is on and Avery is already telling other recruits about it. I am shocked I tell you, shocked! I mean this whole game is really getting a little old Hugh!

So McGriff wasn't big enough to CJ to commit to Auburn, but now that he's at Ole Miss it is? Interesting

Leroy Jenkins
12-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Does Avery look extremely Slooow on film to anyone else? My first impression was he is slow and stiff, he has OK speed for a LB not a DB IMO.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-17-2016, 07:45 PM
So McGriff wasn't big enough to CJ to commit to Auburn, but now that he's at Ole Miss it is? Interesting

He knew that McGriff was going to OM so why commit to Auburn?

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2016, 07:48 PM
Does Avery look extremely Slooow on film to anyone else? My first impression was he is slow and stiff, he has OK speed for a LB not a DB IMO.

He's JT Gray. It's not a huge loss for us and frankly we'll be just fine. It's more the point of the matter

GTHOM
12-17-2016, 07:51 PM
He's JT Gray. It's not a huge loss for us and frankly we'll be just fine. It's more the point of the matter

JT Gray is way faster

Dawgology
12-17-2016, 07:58 PM
If this goes down I can ASSURE you that it will be the end of Ole Miss football for a long time. That's all I'm gonna say.

Tripp McNeely
12-17-2016, 07:58 PM

CJ ran a 4.81 at one of the Nike combines...JT is a mid 4.5 guy

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2016, 07:59 PM
CJ ran a 4.81 at one of the Nike combines...JT is a mid 4.5 guy

Ok. My mistake. He's not even JT gray

HoopsDawg
12-17-2016, 08:01 PM

Yawn

GreenheadDawg
12-17-2016, 08:03 PM
If this goes down I can ASSURE you that it will be the end of Ole Miss football for a long time. That's all I'm gonna say.

That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 08:04 PM
Yawn

Yeah, meanwhile Akers is really getting a bunch of CBs to fsu. Getting Avery will not make up for losing Akers, but Avery will certainly be a big pull for them considering their current class

HoopsDawg
12-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Yeah, meanwhile Akers is really getting a bunch of CBs to fsu. Getting Avery will not make up for losing Akers, but Avery will certainly be a big pull for them considering their current class

I guess. And they run a 4-2-5 so it's a good fit for CJ b/c he's not a LB or a S. That's not just my opinion, it's CJ's too.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2016, 08:20 PM
I guess. And they run a 4-2-5 so it's a good fit for CJ b/c he's not a LB or a S. That's not just my opinion, it's CJ's too.

McGriff said they were moving to a 4-3 tho.

Dolphus Raymond
12-17-2016, 08:25 PM
So let me try to get my arms around this. Avery commits to Lousiville with the intention of later flipping to Ole Miss in an attempt to give Ole Miss recruiting momentum? If Ole Miss is putting that much faith in a 17 year old kid they are more desperate than I thought.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 08:25 PM
McGriff said they were moving to a 4-3 tho.

Pretty ambitious considering om didn't have 2 LBs for the 4-2-5 this season. Guess we didn't have 3-4 personnel last season either though

HoopsDawg
12-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Pretty ambitious considering om didn't have 2 LBs for the 4-2-5 this season. Guess we didn't have 3-4 personnel last season either though

True on Ole Miss. Good luck with that 4-3. I read that Freeze wants to keep the 4-2-5.

Goldendawg
12-17-2016, 08:42 PM
I heard Avery in his interview on Head to Head. He is also an EE. Does this mean he is in no rush to get to Louisville, put on his helmet and go on a motorcycle ride with a blonde approved by Petrino? Whoops, I mean put on his helmet and get in on bowl practice like some of our EE's.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Gonna be pretty bad optics if Avery flips on petrino after saying Petrino's loyalty was the determining factor

msstatelp1
12-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Well, he is going to play in a defense that will stop every offense known to mankind!****

Goldendawg
12-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Yeah, Petrino knows a lot about loyalty. Ask the Atlanta Falcons or his wife.

maroonmania
12-17-2016, 08:57 PM

I think that is true no matter what happens with Avery.

defiantdog
12-17-2016, 09:16 PM
Steve seems to be stirring the pot

Leroy Jenkins
12-18-2016, 02:34 AM
CJ ran a 4.81 at one of the Nike combines.

To my well calibrated eyeball, that looks about right.

Bothrops
12-18-2016, 06:26 AM
I don't care if they do flip him. It won't mean jack shit to us, and may not mean much to them. I would rather have who we signed anyway. Flipping Avery from Louisville is only going to make OM look pathetic to everyone else that recruited him.

Jack Lambert
12-18-2016, 07:54 AM

He might get them up to 57 at rivals.

SDDawg
12-18-2016, 08:59 AM
He might get them up to 57 at rivals.

Haven't seen a kid lie more about his recruitment in quite a while. Very strange situation... but he'll fit in well at Oxford if all of this is true.

Tripp McNeely
12-18-2016, 09:39 AM

That was posted on one of TOBs, and I stole it, but just notice that you never...ever...see any real specifics about his speed...kinda weird

32 Dive
12-18-2016, 10:19 AM
[Tongue in Cheek] Now, I'm not saying anything bad about the kid. But his name, a cross between CJ Johnson, and John Avery, IS one of the best Ole Miss-ish names ever... So, who is surprised? He belongs there...

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Steve seems to be stirring the pot

Agree. He stirred it with Key as well when there was nothing to worry about.

CJ to OM would be odd. Never took a visit there and didn't commit to Auburn while McGriff was there. All while saying MSU was basically his leader the entire time.

Now I'm not even sure the kid knows where he wants to go and why he wants to go there.

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2016, 10:30 AM

Amazing how much that 1 star works people into a tizzy. On 247, Avery is an 89 rated 3 star. If his composite was a 3 star, would people care this much?

raymond21
12-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Amazing how much that 1 star works people into a tizzy. On 247, Avery is an 89 rated 3 star. If his composite was a 3 star, would people care this much?

Losing CJ. The question is who follows him

BeastMan
12-18-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm not buying it yet. If OM really wanted to create a huge buzz, they would have had him commit to MSU.

Political Hack
12-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Gonna be pretty bad optics if Avery flips on petrino after saying Petrino's loyalty was the determining factor

Not as bad as CJ Johnson quoting his father who had passed away saying "a man's word is all he's got" or something to that extent. And then he flipped.

Kids who play these kinds of games don't belong at State. I've become comfortable with that. I think others are starting to as well. Those kids belong at Ole Miss and we're better off not having them around our program.

msbulldog
12-18-2016, 11:35 AM
I wanted CJ until all this drama started. Now all this BS smells kind of fishy, kind of makes you think we would be prudent to watch from the sidelines.

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Not as bad as CJ Johnson quoting his father who had passed away saying "a man's word is all he's got" or something to that extent. And then he flipped.

Kids who play these kinds of games don't belong at State. I've become comfortable with that. I think others are starting to as well. Those kids belong at Ole Miss and we're better off not having them around our program.

Well stated, & I'll also add that kids that play games like this don't usually pan out on the field. There are so many little variables that determine whether or not a kid pans out on the field that are contradicted by kids that handle their recruitment like this.

To add: it's just not surprising that Simmons had a 4.0 GPA & chose MSU. It's not surprising that he really wasn't the kid that media told us he was.

Funny how that works out.

Cloak
12-18-2016, 12:21 PM
Why is this getting so much attention? Who cares?

gravedigger
12-18-2016, 01:09 PM

precicely