PDA

View Full Version : T-Buck

msstate7
12-17-2016, 06:29 PM
I think his strength is recruiting Florida. If I'm correct in that assumption, his value as a recruiter could really be tested going forward. Fsu and Florida are the big dogs and that won't change. Richt at Miami will pull players. Strong at USF, kiffin at FAU, and butch davis at FIU are gonna make pulling talent out of Florida for us very tough... I'm not even mentioning everyone recruits Florida. Not sure using a lot of resources recruiting Florida will be a good idea. What you guys think?

Okrastar1
12-17-2016, 06:41 PM
I tend to agree, I think 85-95% of our recruiting should be focused on MS,AR,LA,TN, AL, GA, and FL Panhandle. When you start to dip into the meat of Florida you can just about hang it up. The competition without State being a major player there really wastes recruiting assets we could pour elsewhere. The only way (unless you have inroads with a recruit) to get in there and play with the big boys is to go the TSUN route $$$$ and we wanna stay as far away from that as we can!

lamont
12-17-2016, 06:49 PM
Need to go to the Midwest to recruit OL guys

mcain31
12-17-2016, 07:06 PM
We've got a few former players coaching in Florida. Jamar Chaney is the new head coach for St. Lucie West Centennial. We've got to work our connections

Ari Gold
12-17-2016, 07:06 PM
TBuck will recruit well anywhere. Period.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 07:10 PM

I agree. Do you feel his recruiting will be better served in the surrounding states or continuing to hit Florida?

Homedawg
12-17-2016, 07:48 PM
I agree. Do you feel his recruiting will be better served in the surrounding states or continuing to hit Florida?

He has the coast as well.

Joe Schmedlap
12-17-2016, 07:58 PM
Don't leave out east Texas.

I tend to agree, I think 85-95% of our recruiting should be focused on MS,AR,LA,TN, AL, GA, and FL Panhandle. When you start to dip into the meat of Florida you can just about hang it up. The competition without State being a major player there really wastes recruiting assets we could pour elsewhere. The only way (unless you have inroads with a recruit) to get in there and play with the big boys is to go the TSUN route $$$$ and we wanna stay as far away from that as we can!

msstate7
12-17-2016, 08:05 PM
We've got a few former players coaching in Florida. Jamar Chaney is the new head coach for St. Lucie West Centennial. We've got to work our connections

I'm lost when it comes to Florida HS football. Is Chaney's school a pretty good pipe line of talent?

HoopsDawg
12-17-2016, 08:15 PM

Miss State recruiting FL is a complete waste of time and resources. I would like to see us get back to Ga a little more though.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 08:23 PM
Miss State recruiting FL is a complete waste of time and resources. I would like to see us get back to Ga a little more though.

We've got (hopefully we can hold on to) Reese, dunning, and Suggs, so I don't think it's a complete waste. I do think it's pretty wasteful considering we're using our best recruiter there. I'm not sure we could even pull those 3 next season with 3 really good recruiters joining mid-majors in Florida now

Ari Gold
12-17-2016, 08:40 PM

No it isn't.. have to have the right connections there. TBuck could be that connection.
Example Utah signed 5 guys fro Fla last year all 3star or better guys .. Coach Erickson is the connection there..
you would think with TBuck and Mullen (once being at Fla) this could open the door there more.
And Reese (thank you TBuck) has a little brother David that's a big time player . 2018 guy that we are already on.

Cooterpoot
12-17-2016, 08:42 PM
There are plenty of kids in FL. We shouldn't be conpeting with FIU and FAU at all. That's lower tier talent. Other than TX and Cali, FL has more players than anywhere. You don't puss out on recruiting because you have to compete for players.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 08:46 PM
There are plenty of kids in FL. We shouldn't be conpeting with FIU and FAU at all. That's lower tier talent. Other than TX and Cali, FL has more players than anywhere. You don't puss out on recruiting because you have to compete for players.

3 3*s is what we have to show for over a year recruiting florida with no '18 commits. 2 of the 3 aren't signed yet. Reese was a nice pull though

maroonmania
12-17-2016, 09:00 PM
I think his strength is recruiting Florida. If I'm correct in that assumption, his value as a recruiter could really be tested going forward. Fsu and Florida are the big dogs and that won't change. Richt at Miami will pull players. Strong at USF, kiffin at FAU, and butch davis at FIU are gonna make pulling talent out of Florida for us very tough... I'm not even mentioning everyone recruits Florida. Not sure using a lot of resources recruiting Florida will be a good idea. What you guys think?

Well the guy we had from FL that we lost ended up being lost to TN, not any of the in state FL schools.

parabrave
12-17-2016, 09:38 PM
Well GA has always been good to all MS schools throughout the years, as well as east TX. It's been good to see msu hit LA hard especially the river parishes and now the GNO area. There is more talent in these areas than probably 90 percent of MS. Why should Ark be a hopspot for recruiting. Is there any HS football in Arky anyway?

Dawg61
12-17-2016, 10:07 PM
Leave Bucks in Florida so he can get wasted with Collins and Diaz in South Beach. Seriously! Sounds like a good time.

SDDawg
12-17-2016, 10:12 PM
Agree with Rando on OL - Southern Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa are places that we need to make inroads to find more OL talent. You can't blanket them and get super deep in all of those areas, but you can get surgical and get on some guys early that would be interested in milder winters and the opportunity to play SEC ball vs. B1G/Big 12.

Re: T-Buck, I think he'll be an asset for us anywhere and he's already shown that with a few key players, plus he can recruit the MS gulf coast. Anywhere we need him to deliver, he can do it.

dawgoneyall
12-17-2016, 10:33 PM

Hep.

Ari Gold
12-17-2016, 10:39 PM
3 3*s is what we have to show for over a year recruiting florida with no '18 commits. 2 of the 3 aren't signed yet. Reese was a nice pull though

Fla 3*= Miss 4*

Todd4State
12-17-2016, 11:20 PM
Fla 3*= Miss 4*

One of the biggest misconceptions in recruiting. Unless you consider Holloway the equivalent of a four star recruit in Mississippi.

dawgoneyall
12-18-2016, 12:21 AM

No. Fla has so many good (very good) players it would be insane to ingnore. Miami, Fla and FSU can only sign so many.....better believe that the ones left would love to play in the SEC.

Win...and we even get some of the elite players. MSU just has to be smart.

Bothrops
12-18-2016, 06:12 AM
We should push into Florida even harder, we've had a little recent success there. It's hard to get Texas kids to visit, and virtually impossible to get California kids to visit. We should try harder in Texas though.

HoopsDawg
12-18-2016, 02:06 PM
We should push into Florida even harder, we've had a little recent success there. It's hard to get Texas kids to visit, and virtually impossible to get California kids to visit. We should try harder in Texas though.

There are plenty of kids in MS, MS Juco, AL, UGA, TN, and LA. FL kids for the most part don't want to come to MSU.

Todd4State
12-18-2016, 02:14 PM
No. Fla has so many good (very good) players it would be insane to ingnore. Miami, Fla and FSU can only sign so many.....better believe that the ones left would love to play in the SEC.

Win...and we even get some of the elite players. MSU just has to be smart.

That's the problem. Everyone in the SEc knows there a ton of good players there. So what happens is we're competing with the rest of the SEC and power five teams for the rest of them. So we're usually not getting the B list guys but the C and D list guys in most cases.

We're better off recruiting Louisiana. Only one SEC school to compete with. Lot of really good talent. Look at Dak, Josh Robinson, Day, and now Key as well as Ryan Brown among others. Yes LSU will get the guys that they want but we can take most of the rest. It's also a lot closer to Starkville too.

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2016, 02:24 PM
That's the problem. Everyone in the SEc knows there a ton of good players there. So what happens is we're competing with the rest of the SEC and power five teams for the rest of them. So we're usually not getting the B list guys but the C and D list guys in most cases.

We're better off recruiting Louisiana. Only one SEC school to compete with. Lot of really good talent. Look at Dak, Josh Robinson, Day, and now Key as well as Ryan Brown among others. Yes LSU will get the guys that they want but we can take most of the rest. It's also a lot closer to Starkville too.

Only 1 SEC school is compete with in Louisiana?

Alabama & A&M are getting better players out of there than us and Ole Miss & Arkansas compete hard there for recruits as well.

maroonmania
12-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Its always been surprising to me that with Mullen, Hevesy and now Gonzales on our staff who were all on Meyer's Florida staff that we haven't done any better recruiting in the state of FL than we have. About the only highly recruited player we've actually signed out of Florida under Mullen until TBuck got Reese was Sandberg and he didn't even come to school. All that time down there and none of them made any decent connections in the State?

Todd4State
12-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Only 1 SEC school is compete with in Louisiana?

Alabama & A&M are getting better players out of there than us and Ole Miss & Arkansas compete hard there for recruits as well.

For the most part yes- just LSU compared to Florida, FSU, and Miami. Probably should have said power five schools. My point is it's not nearly like recruiting Florida because the other SEC schools and the rest of the country doesn't flock to Louisiana like they do to Florida and odds are we are going to get a higher yield on talent there because of that.

Brandon Holloway vs Dak, Day, Josh, and Ryan Brown.