PDA

View Full Version : On Rivals ole Miss is ranked number 76 and Southern is ranked number 77.

Jack Lambert
12-17-2016, 09:54 AM
USM might pass Ole Miss in recruiting rankings on signing day.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 09:57 AM
We need to help usm out by taking DD Bowie off OM's hands

BrunswickDawg
12-17-2016, 10:06 AM

Bowie is propping that class up right now. If he goes, they won't be in the top 100.

WinningIsRelentless
12-17-2016, 10:06 AM

We don't need to touch dd with a 10 foot stick. Think Quay 2.0 and if he was to be successful it would take him till he was a rs sophomore year at best.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 10:10 AM
We don't need to touch dd with a 10 foot stick. Think Quay 2.0 and if he was to be successful it would take him till he was a rs sophomore year at best.

Really? Haven't heard anything like that. I just want him bc he can play wr or cb... we need both

WinningIsRelentless
12-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Really? Haven't heard anything like that. I just want him bc he can play wr or cb... we need both
Yes really and anywhere you place him he is a project

jumbo
12-17-2016, 04:11 PM
I didn't really want to start a new thread for this so I'll put it here. Look for CJ Avery to flip to OM and the PR machine pump it up as McGriff coming in and boosting recruiting.

Dawgology
12-17-2016, 04:16 PM
I didn't really want to start a new thread for this so I'll put it here. Look for CJ Avery to flip to OM and the PR machine pump it up as McGriff coming in and boosting recruiting.

I'm telling you right now...mark...this...down. IF that happens the NCAA will shut Ole Miss's football program down. They already have multiple SEC programs that have reported them and several OOC programs as well. This would be a "drop the nuke" moment for the NCAA.

messageboardsuperhero
12-17-2016, 04:36 PM

It was set up before Mcgriff was hired. #Winthepressconference and build faux momentum.

defiantdog
12-17-2016, 04:55 PM

I'm not saying there isn't a chance because crazier things have happened, but CJ actually likes Louisville. And OM isn't in a position where they can be completely careless right now.

Todd4State
12-17-2016, 04:57 PM

If true, this could have been avoided by us offering and taking his brother instead of passing over him and letting him play at Memphis. Our staff has to be more aware of things like that in the future. Just like not taking Dylan Bradley probably made us work harder for Simmons as well. Bradley probably would have helped us out this year too.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2016, 05:00 PM
Genard isn't his brother.

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2016, 05:02 PM
If true, this could have been avoided by us offering and taking his brother instead of passing over him and letting him play at Memphis. Our staff has to be more aware of things like that in the future. Just like not taking Dylan Bradley probably made us work harder for Simmons as well. Bradley probably would have helped us out this year too.

Not sure Avery was worth that. I'm sure our coaches were aware.

Bradley/Simmons combo would have definitely been worth it

Homedawg
12-17-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm telling you right now...mark...this...down. IF that happens the NCAA will shut Ole Miss's football program down. They already have multiple SEC programs that have reported them and several OOC programs as well. This would be a "drop the nuke" moment for the NCAA.

Well it's going to happen. And no they aren't shutting the program down.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2016, 05:26 PM

Not saying it will or won't happen but if this was a set up from the beginning wouldn't they have him commit to MSU over Louisville? That would give them way more satisfaction. He may flip but I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

Todd4State
12-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Genard isn't his brother.

I thought that they were at least related? I remember there being discussion about it a few years ago.

Todd4State
12-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Not sure Avery was worth that. I'm sure our coaches were aware.

Bradley/Simmons combo would have definitely been worth it

I think Avery would have been a pretty productive STAR LB for us. I agree that he's not in Simmons class as far as talent goes. But with those deals it's basically like a player to be named later kind of thing. Sometimes you get a great player and a productive player and then sometimes you get a solid player and a practice squad guy. But there are other things that make it helpful- like making recruiting easier for you down the line. Ole Miss has been pretty good about finding and getting "ins" with players and that was part of their plan to get guys like a Treadwell, Nkemdiche, etc. to visit in the first place and then seal the deal with the benefits.

And while I'm not for the benefits and pissing off the rest of college football, I'm fine with getting an in.

You kind of figure that out of a 25 man class you're going to probably realistically get solid production for 10-15 so if you sacrifice your 25th guy to help you get a solid player in a year two it's possibly worth it in a lot of cases.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2016, 06:05 PM
I thought that they were at least related? I remember there being discussion about it a few years ago.

They're cousins but that wouldn't have guaranteed CJ. It would've helped but not like Dylan & Jeffery.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-17-2016, 06:05 PM
The poster is correct. Don't be shocked if Avery flips to OM and McGriff is deemed the savior. Win the press conference.

Ari Gold
12-17-2016, 06:11 PM
I will give my CJ Avery break down after signing day..
I think Avery will stay at Louisville for the record

confucius say
12-17-2016, 06:31 PM
Neither Dd nor Avery are big time impact players at the next level, so meh. I like Avery though and he would be a contributor and a plus to have in the program. Don't want anything to do with Dd.

Ari Gold
12-17-2016, 06:48 PM
I will say this ..
Avery was at least 2 years away from seeing any PT here . Not saying he might be a solid player one day..