PDA

View Full Version : I feel for ya John

gravedigger
12-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Telling the actual truth on a measage board this time of year is...well....not always what its cracked up to be.

A number of years back someone close to me confided that Parys Haralson not only decommitted from om, but refused to see their coaches who'd shown up at his school during lunch the previous day.

I described some details of the event that apparantly proved the story was accurate. What i didnt count on was how the wildfire spread that day. My informant called me and asked "what have you done??!"

Long story made longer, i explained i posted it on genespage and by the next day it was all over every board of oM. I was petrified id cost someone their job.

Moral of the story: where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to tell the truth.

Even today, i get butterflies thinking about it

It shouldn't be such an issue, but revealing a liar to be one is...pandora's box.

dawgoneyall
12-16-2016, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately, I know some of those type of people.. Not friends (I have standards) but they do exist.
They really do think they are better than ever one else...I know...I know they are sick.

Spiderman
12-16-2016, 10:55 PM
Telling the actual truth on a measage board this time of year is...well....not always what its cracked up to be.

A number of years back someone close to me confided that Parys Haralson not only decommitted from om, but refused to see their coaches who'd shown up at his school during lunch the previous day.

I described some details of the event that apparantly proved the story was accurate. What i didnt count on was how the wildfire spread that day. My informant called me and asked "what have you done??!"

Long story made longer, i explained i posted it on genespage and by the next day it was all over every board of oM. I was petrified id cost someone their job.

It shouldn't be such an issue, but revealing a liar to be one is...pandora's box.

To quote, as St. Hugh the Hypocrite is wont to do............" The truth shall set you free"

defiantdog
12-16-2016, 11:16 PM

Parys was a quiet guy who didn't like the attention like the espy's of the world.

John Farley
12-17-2016, 08:01 AM
It stopped a situation that was causing us grief in its tracks. If it pissed some off along the way, so be it. But any man who wouldn't do what he had to in order to protect his family ain't much of a man to me. Like I said, leave me alone and I will them.