PDA

View Full Version : Why we are still playing

Really Clark?
12-16-2016, 06:24 PM
We had over 30 players with a 3.0 gpa and Jeffery Simmon, Cam Dantzler, Brandon Holloway and Cedric Jiles had a 4.0. Well done and proud of the student athletes at THE State University of Mississippi.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2016, 06:43 PM
We had over 30 players with a 3.0 gpa and Jeffery Simmon, Cam Dantzler, Brandon Holloway and Cedric Jiles had a 4.0. Well done and proud of the student athletes at THE State University of Mississippi.

Awesome for Jeffrey Simmons. Over the next few years he'll continue to show his true colors. Very impressive young man

msbulldog
12-16-2016, 06:51 PM
Awesome, so proud of our players, outstanding! Hail State!

RocketDawg
12-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Awesome for Jeffrey Simmons. Over the next few years he'll continue to show his true colors. Very impressive young man

He certainly is, and the more I hear about him the more impressive he becomes. And Holloway, regardless of size, is one of my favorites too. Not many would keep plugging away like he has, getting hit by those twice his size.

msbulldog
12-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Holloway-10' tall and bullet-proof.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Brandon Holloway will always have my respect for the tenacity in which he played. I've seen players twice his size shy away from hitting the middle of the line like he did time after time. We cussed profusely each time it happened, but he only did what he was asked to do. And he did it with everything he had. For that he has my respect.

Todd4State
12-16-2016, 07:22 PM
Our academic performance is one of the things I am very happy with our football team. I'm glad we put ourselves in position to go to a bowl in the event we didn't get six with a very good academic performance.

Todd4State
12-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Brandon Holloway will always have my respect for the tenacity in which he played. I've seen players twice his size shy away from hitting the middle of the line like he did time after time. We cussed profusely each time it happened, but he only did what he was asked to do. And he did it with everything he had. For that he has my respect.

I was always much more upset with Dan using Hollway like he did as opposed to being upset at Holloway. When he was used properly he was a very good and productive player.

RocketDawg
12-16-2016, 07:33 PM
I was always much more upset with Dan using Hollway like he did as opposed to being upset at Holloway. When he was used properly he was a very good and productive player.

Absolutely.

Howboutdemdogs
12-16-2016, 07:38 PM
Way to go guys,,,,,impressive!

somebodyshotmypaw
12-16-2016, 07:44 PM
This is one of the things that makes Dan great, and also hurts recruiting at times. Dan is not a salesman. He is straight up. He explains the expectations. You will work, you will earn playing time, you will behave, you will go to class, you will achieve in the classroom. If you screw up, you will face consequences. He really does build young men. Some, like Quay Evans, can't cut it. And many get scared off while being recruited because he tells them the truth instead of painting a pretty picture. Playing ball at this level is not easy. He expects success, and that includes the classroom. Kudos to these young men and their academic achievements.

yjnkdawg
12-16-2016, 07:45 PM

Great to hear and congrats to them. On the burning plantation, some of their players didn't even know where their classrooms were.