PDA

View Full Version : FWIW on Key

Really Clark?
12-16-2016, 05:45 PM
Not official but it looks like we may have gotten him squared away to start practicing with the team.

ETA. Paul is saying the same but not official either

msstate7
12-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Awesome

Political Hack
12-16-2016, 05:47 PM
Heard he's getting an MSU helmet possibly as soon as today.

CJDAWG85
12-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Should practice this weekend and we can make him officially a Bulldog.

Statecoachingblows**
12-16-2016, 05:55 PM
Is this a common thing? Saw where someone mentioned Dak and Fitz had done the same thing. So I was just wondering is this something Dan does as part of he's eval like some of the NFL guys with specific requirements in a QB, or is it just more common than I realize?

Oh, and awesome!

Really Clark?
12-16-2016, 05:56 PM
Heard he's getting an MSU helmet possibly as soon as today.

Yep. Working on him being here tonight.

BulldogDX55
12-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Is this a common thing? Saw where someone mentioned Dak and Fitz had done the same thing. So I was just wondering is this something Dan does as part of he's eval like some of the NFL guys with specific requirements in a QB, or is it just more common than I realize?

Oh, and awesome!

EEs have always been able to do bowl practice.

Really Clark?
12-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Key, Tyler Williams and Jackson are all enrolled and are suppose to be at practice tomorrow. Austin still has school on Monday so he won't be able to enroll before January

Really Clark?
12-16-2016, 06:11 PM
We probably should give the various HS, our staff and Bracky a big prop for getting all of that done very very quickly.

preachermatt83
12-16-2016, 06:17 PM
We probably should give the various HS, our staff and Bracky a big prop for getting all of that done very very quickly.

Yessir.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-16-2016, 06:20 PM
Steve mentioned that when they walk in the locker room and see their name and number on the locker with their uniform and gear that it was pretty much over then...in regards to them being recruited still by other teams before they enroll for classes. Thought that was pretty cool.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Steve mentioned that when they walk in the locker room and see their name and number on the locker with their uniform and gear that it was pretty much over then...in regards to them being recruited still by other teams before they enroll for classes. Thought that was pretty cool.

It's actually officially over then.

You can't practice unless your officially enrolled in school & once enrolled & practicing with the team, you are officially Mississippi State player. It's officially over with Key

lamont
12-16-2016, 06:27 PM
Once he puts the helmet on its over. We working to get that done

Ifyouonlyknew
12-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Tyre Phillips practiced today.

Really Clark?
12-16-2016, 07:17 PM

Thanks. Forgot to mention him as well.

RocketDawg
12-16-2016, 07:25 PM
EEs have always been able to do bowl practice.

When I first saw someone mention that he is an EE, I thought they meant he was going to be an Electrical Engineering major. I think they also mentioned that he was a good student too, so the two went hand in hand.

Westdawg
12-16-2016, 07:28 PM
So they are able to practice, but here's a question.....are EEs able to play in the bowl game? Or no? Haven't heard this before.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-16-2016, 07:37 PM
So they are able to practice, but here's a question.....are EEs able to play in the bowl game? Or no? Haven't heard this before.

I pretty sure they are not. Of course if the answer was yes, then you waste a year of eligibility for one game.

Howboutdemdogs
Don't feel bad Rocket, I got my degree in EE at State, and it took me a bit to figure out that it was not Electrical.

Really Clark?

No they cannot. They can't travel with the team either I believe

yjnkdawg
12-16-2016, 07:40 PM

I don't think you can since the LOI would be signed in February, or even go with the team either. If any players we redshirted this year, played in the bowl then it would blow their redshirt for this year. So if it was possible, it still wouldn't be practical.

starkvegasdawg
12-16-2016, 07:47 PM
I pretty sure they are not. Of course if the answer was yes, then you waste a year of eligibility for one game.

Shea wonders what the big deal is.

RocketDawg
12-16-2016, 08:02 PM
Don't feel bad Rocket, I got my degree in EE at State, and it took me a bit to figure out that it was not Electrical.

I thought he might be extra sharp. :) I think the QB at Tennessee is an Aero major.

Electrical was definitely my weak point, based on the two courses we had to take at the time. I think they were called Electrical Theory (watered down circuits) and Electronics.

HoopsDawg
12-16-2016, 09:32 PM
Croom say play them. He will let someone else worry about 3 years from now.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Croom say play them. He will let someone else worry about 3 years from now.

And we don't need Guidry, the wideout recruit. Because you can find a wideout on every street corner in Miami!

HoopsDawg
12-16-2016, 09:37 PM
And we don't need Guidry, the wideout recruit. Because you can find a wideout on every street corner in Miami!

We found our deep theat....after Keon Humprhey's caught a couple of deep balls vs Murray St.

msstate7
12-17-2016, 09:19 AM

Is Phillips a pure project? Didn't have a very impressive offer sheet... has anyone seen him play?

NCDawg
12-17-2016, 10:12 AM
Is Phillips a pure project? Didn't have a very impressive offer sheet... has anyone seen him play?

Has Hevesy ever signed an offensive lineman that wasn't a project?

archdog
12-17-2016, 05:23 PM
Has Hevesy ever signed an offensive lineman that wasn't a project?

He signed some where project was generous.