PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

John Farley
12-15-2016, 10:15 PM
This might be a long post so bare with me.

Let's first go back to when Chris jones was being recruited. I am sure some of you remember the trip to oxford, whatever damn gas station he was at, and why I for one was never worried. Chris was not what you would call a normal five star recruit. Most of those guys are prima donnas that control whether or not hard working guys like Paul and Steve get the information the need to be "the scoop". Chris was never like that. I bonded with Chris early on for whatever reason and the kid never once lied to me. When the entire recruiting world was freaking out and nobody could get a straight answer, he always got back with me. The party weekend that all those "guys that is gonna get ole miss a natty" happened, I never ever worried. One reason. Mom trusted those that were genuine with her. And the prayer book group turned her off. Not because she wasn't a god fearing woman, but she could see through it. I am sure she didn't think Brother Jimmy just took matters in hand either. The infamous Buffalo Wild Wings picture scare so many Mississippi State people. But look at his mom and the look and Hugh's face. He knew he was not impressing mom and he had no chance. Gene Swindoll called me and we exchanged notes after that weekend. I even tweeted out Jones is committed to MSU and nothing to worry about. Some famous radio personalities wanted to make quite a bit of sport of me(thanks Karl Childers). Which was fine but on signing day I got a personal invitation to attend the kids ceremony. I didn't go. Not because I was worried. But that was his moment. Sometimes I think these recruiting services should remember that. It's their moment not yours.

Anyway that is when I first started hearing the rumors of what went on at the Library. Even took a trip down there myself. The stacks of paper that exchanged hands at that place was mind googling. Especially In the pool room.

Again cell phones have cameras.

I had several people question why a Bulldog would work for a Rebel recruiting site. And my answer was a simple one. My kids developed this nasty habit called eating. I honestly tried to do the best job I could do for that place. With the restrictions I was given. You have to understand one thing about recruiting guys. They have egos. And I was told in no uncertain terms David was the guy and anything important he would cover. Commitments and kids they actually wanted he would call. Seen and not heard I guess. But I did what I always did. I wrote what I was told. I reported what the kid told me. I told David and Tom Allen point blank they wouldn't get Leo Lewis. That was the beginning of the end for me. I was promised a certain amount of money for working there. And it just stopped. But I always had my ears and eyes open. When I am told "don't worry about this kid he had been taken care of", i know recruiting. I know what that means.

There have been several rumors that have been false and several that have been true. Let's list some.

Burner Phones
Airplane trip to bowl for recruits
Cash for players
Light bills
Check with Barney
Jobs for parents.

Now while I won't give names or times a lot of this has been proven. A lot of it happened. But that's not all. There is more to come.

The problem with going after kids that have no ties to your university is after the swag runs out they still don't any reason to be loyal. That class will come back to haunt them again. It will be said forever that Mississippi State caused all this. Well if you boys would have done your own reporting Steve wouldn't have to.

I am a firm believer in the time and a place for everything. There have been mistakes made. I personally saw a few. And have talked to people who have seen more.

As I said before. I am all about my kids. All about them. And they mean everything to me. When you mess with my ability to take care of them I will burn your ass to the ground.

Really Clark?
12-15-2016, 10:26 PM
BOOM!!!!

Ari Gold
12-15-2016, 10:31 PM
That's some Gold mother ****ing shit there...

Dawgology
12-15-2016, 10:36 PM
That...that is a mic drop

Bucky Dog
12-15-2016, 10:38 PM
I smiled!! Pass the popcorn

bulldawg28
12-15-2016, 10:39 PM
Why Johnny Tyler....mad camp!

Bucky Dog
12-15-2016, 10:40 PM
So I'm assuming some on here can put 2 and 2 together and determine who you are. And apparently, you're just fine with that. Good for you, by the way, for standing up for yourself and your family, and what is right.

Westdawg
12-15-2016, 10:50 PM
Farley. You, sir, are a great man. Burn dat *** !!!

Behrdawg
Are you saying that you turned them in?

Political Hack
Ho-lee-crap. This just got interesting.

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 10:54 PM
Standing ovation, sir!

DownwardDawg
12-15-2016, 10:57 PM
:D

lamont
12-15-2016, 10:58 PM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

i'll take "posts I didnt see coming for $1000 Alex"

Coursesuper
12-15-2016, 10:59 PM
Here Here, well done sir.

WSOPdawg
12-15-2016, 11:00 PM
Outstanding! I salute you, sir.

MetEdDawg
12-15-2016, 11:00 PM
I told you to speak your mind but Jesus!! Rep points for the movie that quote came from.

Great post. Can't imagine the crap you had to put up with throughout this process.

BHildreth3
12-15-2016, 11:06 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/88/41/48/8841486f2898aae82ff2509796a2dd77.jpg

PassInterference
12-15-2016, 11:11 PM
Hoe. Lee. Shit.

SDDawg
12-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Thank you Mr. Farley.

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 11:17 PM
You're 110% right about players outside of your area not being loyal to you. Usually when you put a group of players like they did together it turns into a complete dumpster fire- which it has and will continue. To be honest the only shocking thing to me is the fact that they actually did pull it together enough to go to two BCS bowls. When it's all said and done that Sugar Bowl season is not going to be worth what they are about to go through and are going through right now.

Bucky Dog
12-15-2016, 11:19 PM
Ok so there was a thread on SPS posted earlier titled Ass Clown#2 by a brand new poster named juliodownbytheschoolyard. In it are screen shots of texts messages where ass clown outs himself as a bulldog to someone and basically saying he is about to expose some shit, if I'm interpreting it correctly. I'm beginning to wonder if this is connected.

John Farley
12-15-2016, 11:23 PM
Have no idea what you are talking about. Honestly

bobcat91
12-15-2016, 11:23 PM
John is a stand up guy and has been for years. From Bulldawg Junction to his own site, he has always told the truth. Thanks for your posts and info through the years.

Bucky Dog
12-15-2016, 11:26 PM
John is a stand up guy and has been for years. From Bulldawg Junction to his own site, he has always told the truth. Thanks for your posts and info through the years.

Well that explains who he is. Sorry I don't keep up with a lot of others. Thanks

Thick
12-15-2016, 11:27 PM
JF, that was alright bro!

Bulldogg31
12-15-2016, 11:29 PM
Just an FYI, John is being called "Steve's mystery "source" on Twitter, OM message boards, etc, because of this thread. Heads up.

Corn Bread
12-15-2016, 11:31 PM
You're 110% right about players outside of your area not being loyal to you. Usually when you put a group of players like they did together it turns into a complete dumpster fire- which it has and will continue. To be honest the only shocking thing to me is the fact that they actually did pull it together enough to go to two BCS bowls. When it's all said and done that Sugar Bowl season is not going to be worth what they are about to go through and are going through right now.

Totally stunned. Speachless. Somewhat, Damn!

DLGDawg
12-15-2016, 11:33 PM
If I knew how to post a standing ovation gif I would so do it!

Bucky Dog
12-15-2016, 11:33 PM
Just an FYI, John is being called "Steve's mystery "source" on Twitter, OM message boards, etc, because of this thread. Heads up.

And that shows their ignorance aGAIN! If he hasn't been at OM for some time, then how is John a source for everything more recent? But again, typical Rebels, they can't deny the truth, so they try to blame others.

John Farley
12-15-2016, 11:37 PM
I haven't talked to Steve or anyone else.

See here's the thing. If you are gonna be in recruiting you have to develop thick skin. The same shit we say as Bulldogs about Yancy and David and Neal they say about Paul and Steve and Robbie. People forget at the end of the day that these guys are just that. People. Trying their best to make a living.

Through the years I have dealt with angry people from all over. Whether it be "cause I didn't get the t shirt I was promised" or "y'all didn't honor your lifetime subscription". Or my favorite "the merger". I am not slinging arrows at any person. Not one. Everybody I have met through the years in recruiting from Steve to Gene to Paul and hell to David have been straight up with me and are basically great guys. It's just all a business. That's it. And these are 17 and 18 year old kids. Some from rural backgrounds that don't know any better. And they are exploited a lot of times. But again it's a business.

I am not anyone source or information or anything like that. At all. I am just me. They can bash me. Talk bad about me. I don't care. My life means something to me because of the friends and family I have. Period

Corn Bread
12-15-2016, 11:40 PM
You got you some. How bout that!

beretta
12-15-2016, 11:47 PM
i took some nyquil and drank 4 buds in the last hour and i read this thread.....im gonna check back in the morning to make sure I'm not hallucinating....

#gold

tireddawg
12-15-2016, 11:49 PM
John I would like to buy you a steak dinner.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2016, 11:51 PM
I usually make fun of long post but I read every single damn word of this!!! Twice. Bravo sir
Sticky worthy

TStationDawg
12-15-2016, 11:51 PM
Interesting- not what you said on SP: Anyone know John Farley? Might want to let Steve know...
He posted some pretty incriminating stuff about his (John's) involvement in the OM mess, and mentioned Steve by name, over on the ED page.

Those of you that know Steve may want to give him a quick heads up.
Last edited by Bulldogg31; Today at 11:36 PM.

32 Dive
12-15-2016, 11:57 PM
John, you are the man. (As if I needed to tell you...)

lamont
12-15-2016, 11:58 PM
"Cell phones have cameras"

That looks like a synonym for "smoking gun"

Activated Alpha
12-15-2016, 11:59 PM
So what you're saying is it's still going to be 9 over 3?******

Political Hack
12-16-2016, 12:00 AM
Uh yeah... I'm not sure everyone has caught on to how big of a shit storm this is about to become.

They're going to want to out him, but if they go after him he might end up on every radio show in the state by the middle of next week. I'm just going to grab a bag of popcorn and watch all this unfold. It could get good.

Percho
12-16-2016, 12:01 AM
One of the lost emails?

Bulldogg31
12-16-2016, 12:01 AM
Interesting- not what you said on SP: Anyone know John Farley? Might want to let Steve know...
He posted some pretty incriminating stuff about his (John's) involvement in the OM mess, and mentioned Steve by name, over on the ED page.

Those of you that know Steve may want to give him a quick heads up.
Last edited by Bulldogg31; Today at 11:36 PM.

I meant incriminating of Ole Miss's practices, not of John. My bad if misconstrued. Thanks for the heads up.

John Farley
12-16-2016, 12:02 AM
I don't want to be on anyone's show. I posted it here cause of an isolated event. Period.

Really Clark?
12-16-2016, 12:10 AM
I don't want to be on anyone's show. I posted it here cause of an isolated event. Period.

And we appreciate you doing so.

Corn Bread
12-16-2016, 12:11 AM

John, I will pony up the funds for the "Book" deal. I want to break even and you can laugh to the bank.

Behrdawg
12-16-2016, 12:14 AM

Well my phone has been blowing up ever since you posted this. I'm sure the other fellas have had the same. Just an FYI, I'm glad you posted this.

Pollodawg
12-16-2016, 12:32 AM
Good rule of thumb: Ya don't 17 with the people who know where the bodies are buried. Folks paid to write about recruiting know where the bodies are buried.

ckDOG
12-16-2016, 12:33 AM
Interpretation: somebody just made threats to John and his family. John knows things and will not be messed with. This is his warning shot to back off. Well played, John. Don't let the ass holes have any control over you. Keep up the good fight.

JohnnyQuid
12-16-2016, 12:41 AM
maybe one of the greatest posts of all time here - just real raw truth. I don't keep up with recruiting stuff enough to know who you are but any man does what he has to do to provide for his family so that part just is what it is - I work in Oxford everyday usually in the homes or future homes of the ole miss elite and hate every minute of it. thanks for sharing the rest with us

CadaverDawg
12-16-2016, 12:55 AM
John Farley, you beautiful son of a bitch you.

Salute

Commercecomet24
12-16-2016, 12:58 AM
We need to keep this thread on the front page as long as possible! This ones gonna go down in history! John Farley-Bulldog Legend! Adidas gonna have to make Bulldog legend gear for him
Too! In all seriousness thanks for posting this!

Commercecomet24
12-16-2016, 12:59 AM
I told you to speak your mind but Jesus!! Rep points for the movie that quote came from.

Great post. Can't imagine the crap you had to put up with throughout this process.

Hunt for Red October-James Earl Jones! Great movie!

Offshore Dawg
12-16-2016, 01:04 AM

"The hunt for Red October". for those that don't remember

blacklistedbully
12-16-2016, 01:18 AM
John Farley....Thank you!

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-16-2016, 01:30 AM
John...when did you work for Rebel 247? And I posed this question on the other board...why would an OM site hire someone who had worked for an MSU site assuming John is one of the good guys? Just makes no sense to me. And then shows him where the bodies are buried. True dumbasses. But hey, I'm just glad they are. We wouldn't be having nearly as much fun if they weren't.

defiantdog
12-16-2016, 02:06 AM
I know exactly how you feel John. It's sucks working for an opposing team when you're a bulldog. But kids gotta eat, and play baseball and such. I applaud you good sir. Thank you.

Spiderman
12-16-2016, 07:01 AM
Delete

Dolphus Raymond
12-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Best post in the history of ED. PLEASE, "John" tell us you have talked with the NCAA.

John Farley
12-16-2016, 07:38 AM
This is probably gonna be the last thing I say about any of this for a while. I did what I did because a person can't separate reality from fiction.

There are internet personas that we all know and either hate or love out there. They are flamboyant and outspoken and sometimes hilarious. But it was never my intention to be a persona. Michael and Paul gave me a chance way back when because I wanted to help kids. Period. That was it. I was just a guy wanting to feed his family. David Johnson is a guy just trying to feed his family. Paul Jones is just a guy trying to feed his family. They are gonna be right some, and they will be wrong some. But at the end of the day I know them both as people. Not personas.

Things can be taken way too far. Over what. The decision of an 18 year old kid. When I was 18 I hadn't decided whether Coke or Pepsi was better.

My whole point is simple. Don't make any of this personal. They are people just like me and you. But every red blooded American male gets to a point where you can push them too far. When it reached that point the best thing to do was leave him alone.

RC3
12-16-2016, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know this poster? I mean what he wrote here doesn't read like a professional journalist authored it. How come everyone just assumes this is credible?

Johnson85
12-16-2016, 07:55 AM
Does anyone know this poster? I mean what he wrote here doesn't read like a professional journalist authored it. How come everyone just assumes this is credible?

He did misspell pre Madonna...

Behrdawg
12-16-2016, 08:02 AM

Yes. We know him and he's credible.

Chip
12-16-2016, 08:05 AM
And this thread is why I read this board. Good bulldog info. Thank you, Mr Farley!

GreenheadDawg
12-16-2016, 08:07 AM
Take em down baby! Don't take any shit

Goindhoo
12-16-2016, 08:11 AM
If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young men.

DownwardDawg
12-16-2016, 08:23 AM

Yes. A bunch of us know him and how credible he is.

Westdawg
12-16-2016, 08:28 AM

Yes, I have known John Farley since his days as just a member on Bulldawg Junction - before he ever even started working for recruiting sites. And he has a brother that will tell you exactly what he's thinking, as well !😁 Lol

Dawgbite
12-16-2016, 08:30 AM
This is more fun than cooking ants with a magnifying glass on a sunny summer day! Lets see how old you are?

Bucky Dog
12-16-2016, 08:36 AM
Yes. We know him and he's credible.

Welcome back!!

smootness
12-16-2016, 08:38 AM
So I'm assuming some on here can put 2 and 2 together and determine who you are. And apparently, you're just fine with that. Good for you, by the way, for standing up for yourself and your family, and what is right.

...isn't it John Farley? Is there something I'm missing?

smootness
12-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Also, thanks for the post, John.

But 'mind googling' is now my favorite term.

Behrdawg
12-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Welcome back!!

I'm always floating around

BrunswickDawg
12-16-2016, 08:50 AM
Also, thanks for the post, John.

But 'mind googling' is now my favorite term.

You have to use that term properly though. Like "Those shitbirds are mind googling!"

WinningIsRelentless
12-16-2016, 08:52 AM
He just completed the missing link in the fire tetrahedron. He just added the heat to the oxygen and fuel. Burn baby burn

biscuit
12-16-2016, 08:52 AM
And......wait for it......... BOOM!

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-16-2016, 09:05 AM
Anybody got that picture of the mom and Freeze at BWW? I remember seeing it originally. Just wanted to see again since John's comments on the expressions on their faces.

StoneDawg
12-16-2016, 09:29 AM
Burn Baby Burn

fader2103
12-16-2016, 09:34 AM
At first I was like, I'm not reading this stuff just scroll for cliffs. Then I read the first few posts in reply and read it all. I will be honest I don't know everything or who you are yet, but DAMN! I got a chubby reading this*

Political Hack
12-16-2016, 09:35 AM

John Farley has worked for Scout and 247 sites (Ole Miss & ULaLa), as well as for independent State sites.

gtowndawg
12-16-2016, 09:37 AM
Hey Hugh...Hey Hugh. I'd go ahead and get out before the really embarrasing stuff surfaces.

Great post John.

Dolphus Raymond
12-16-2016, 09:46 AM
This thread has nearly 10,500 views. ED is where Ole Miss fans go when they want real information. Can I say it? Click an ad bitches.

BB30
12-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Fantastic.

lamont
12-16-2016, 09:54 AM
Hey Hugh

Bama_Dawg
12-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Amazing thread. Thanks John for the info, but I'm sure you didn't want to do it. Seems someone backed you into a corner, and that's just not right.

When someone goes after your livelihood and family, sh!t gets real. Praying for better days for you my friend.

John Farley
12-16-2016, 10:01 AM
That's just it. I stepped away from this stuff to take care of my family. Wasn't even bothering this. This isn't me attacking a school. It's about a person making it personal. Not a site. Not a recruiting guy. A person. For whatever reason thought he could bully me. This is about YOU. And YOU not leaving me alone.

Jack Lambert
12-16-2016, 10:04 AM
I wonder will you be entitle to the whistle blowers act money and protection?

confucius say
12-16-2016, 10:09 AM
"The hunt for Red October". for those that don't remember

That's just it. I stepped away from this stuff to take care of my family. Wasn't even bothering this. This isn't me attacking a school. It's about a person making it personal. Not a site. Not a recruiting guy. A person. For whatever reason thought he could bully me. This is about YOU. And YOU not leaving me alone.

Can someone tell me who "YOU" is? PM me if necessary.

gtowndawg
12-16-2016, 10:30 AM
https://s23.postimg.org/drtgexgvv/hey_hugh.jpg

Msujd164
12-16-2016, 10:32 AM
@NCAA , time to come back to Oxford.

GreenheadDawg
12-16-2016, 10:33 AM
@NCAA , time to come back to Oxford.

They never left my friend.

TrapGame
12-16-2016, 10:37 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/1NLE06PXA9TIA/giphy.gif

sandwolf
12-16-2016, 11:12 AM

I don't know who is giving you a hard time or what they are doing, but you should put their name out there and make it clear that this person is the reason that you are sharing the information that you have on recruiting violations committed by OM. That ****er would be way too busy fielding calls/emails/tweets from the OM fans to worry with you anymore.

defiantdog
12-16-2016, 11:18 AM
I don't know who is giving you a hard time or what they are doing, but you should put their name out there and make it clear that this person is the reason that you are sharing the information that you have on recruiting violations committed by OM. That ****er would be way too busy fielding calls/emails/tweets from the OM fans to worry with you anymore.
It's never a good idea to name and shame on a message board. I'm pretty sure the person he is referring to understands who he is.

GreenheadDawg
12-16-2016, 11:28 AM
It's never a good idea to name and shame on a message board. I'm pretty sure the person he is referring to understands who he is.

So it's ok for them to do it to him but not the other way around?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-16-2016, 11:29 AM

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5334864be4b08c436350aaf5/t/5581f511e4b05b7df167d413/1434580257698/Braveheart_mad_stare.gif?format=original

defiantdog
12-16-2016, 11:43 AM
So it's ok for them to do it to him but not the other way around?

You sound like a child..... the man said his peace on something no one affiliated with the university in any way has..... let him be.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-16-2016, 11:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7lZwLKc.jpg

NYDawg
12-16-2016, 12:03 PM
This, folks, is why you don't kick over the beehive.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder541/400x/58041541.jpg

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Breaking news...The NCAA has decided to move their HQ from Indianapolis to Oxford, Ms!!

sandwolf
12-16-2016, 12:33 PM

'Never' is a strong word. I agree that it's not a good approach in most situations, but if someone pushes your back up against the wall and won't back off then you play your trump card. Farley's trump card is that he has a credible voice within the respective fan bases and incriminating, first hand information that the OM fans don't want out there, so he could make somebody awfully uncomfortable by labeling them as the reason that info is getting out.....just look at how much attention his post has gotten.

Technetium
12-16-2016, 12:46 PM
I may have missed this in the thread, but did this information get shared already with the appropriate NCAA people, or is this just a threat to do so if the unnamed person doesn't back down? Or is the threat just to release it publicly, despite John already disclosing it to the NCAA?

Count Istvan Teleky
12-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Think about it.

You're messing with some of the crazies.

Make sure they know you have leverage if anything happens.

Political Hack
12-16-2016, 01:46 PM
Think about it.

You're messing with some of the crazies.

Make sure they know you have leverage if anything happens.

If he did this because one crazy went after him, what the hell you think he's going to do if they all go after him? If they want to be on double secret probation, it might be a good idea to fan the flames.

However, I guarantee you that the entire ole miss coaching staff is soiling their pants after reading that post. They're all praying the fan base leaves it alone and it just becomes another post on a message board, because if this issues is pushed it would open Pandora's box on the investigation.

Also, this is a pretty solid indication that the NCAA knows much, much more than what was in the first NOA. It's going to get nasty for them. It's bad now, but it's getting worse.

I'll also say this, John is completely justified in hammering them after they went after him. They've done it to a lot of us. Went after our jobs, our livelihoods, harassed our family members, threatened us, and even blackmailed us. This is what they get.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-16-2016, 01:55 PM
I may have missed this in the thread, but did this information get shared already with the appropriate NCAA people, or is this just a threat to do so if the unnamed person doesn't back down? Or is the threat just to release it publicly, despite John already disclosing it to the NCAA?

Curious as well, as Im sure most are...

JoseBrown
12-16-2016, 01:59 PM
If he did this because one crazy went after him, what the hell you think he's going to do if they all go after him? If they want to be on double secret probation, it might be a good idea to fan the flames.

However, I guarantee you that the entire ole miss coaching staff is soiling their pants after reading that post. They're all praying the fan base leaves it alone and it just becomes another post on a message board, because if this issues is pushed it would open Pandora's box on the investigation.

Also, this is a pretty solid indication that the NCAA knows much, much more than what was in the first NOA. It's going to get nasty for them. It's bad now, but it's getting worse.

I'll also say this, John is completely justified in hammering them after they went after him. They've done it to a lot of us. Went after our jobs, our livelihoods, harassed our family members, threatened us, and even blackmailed us. This is what they get.

Yep, they did it as recently as Coach34, and seemed to relish in it. Those shitbirds are ruthless.

I remember John Farley from the BullDawg Junction days. When he posted something I never doubted it's accuracy. If he has all the proof he seems to have, you'd think a rational people would back off. But those folks are anything but rational. They actually are in the truest sense of the word, shitbirds!!

Ps. Sorry cuz if you see this, but it is true. And I know you all monitor these sites on the reg..

Behrdawg
12-16-2016, 02:32 PM

This. Is. Spot. On.

blacklistedbully
12-16-2016, 02:35 PM
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5334864be4b08c436350aaf5/t/5581f511e4b05b7df167d413/1434580257698/Braveheart_mad_stare.gif?format=original

Awesome!

blacklistedbully
12-16-2016, 02:47 PM

I know for a fact some of them have been gunning for me due to what I've posted on Rivals over the years. One particular sicko, who goes by Alex0393 thinks he's figured it out, and that I have a second profile over there (I don't). But there's some poor Auburn fan over there that this Alex is convinced is me...and he has posted some personal stuff about the guy in an attempt to intimidate him, again, thinking it's actually me.

I actually told the AU fan he'd better watch his 6, because some of those morons are psychotic. It's one of the main reasons I refuse to participate in some discussions that could have the potential to give clues to who I am...or sometimes post something specifically designed to throw them off-track.

I've observed some of them try to get me to answer questions to help them in this regard. They think they're being clever, but they're mostly just not very bright.

Still, they are a determined lot, with few limits...so one has to be careful.

John Farley
12-16-2016, 03:27 PM
I am probably the easiest going guy anyone will ever meet. I could give two shits what happens at the University of Mississippi. That's a fact. But this has gone on for 14 months. And started over something as silly as a crystal ball pick. I don't wanna be involved in any of this. Period. Perfectly content to go back under my rock and worry about what's important. But one of two things can happen when you call someone's bluff. You back down or you will be their huckleberry. Val Kilmer showed up last night. I am done with it. Just leave me alone

BB30
12-16-2016, 03:28 PM
It absolutely blows my mind that they have people that give enough shi*s to try and bully/ruin somebody's personal life over 18-22 yr olds playing football. The sad/funny thing is that most of them probably couldn't pull those strings anyway as far as careers go. Unless you are directly involved with college sports or coaching at certain highschools. I know several fairly big OM boosters and although they are arrogant they have hired several state grads and engineers over OM guys because they actually understand that there is life outside of sports and what school you went to and more importantly they understand that a good asset is a good asset regardless of where he or she graduated from.

EngDawg
12-16-2016, 03:41 PM
IT'S COMING!!!!!!!

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-16-2016, 03:47 PM
I guess now would be a bad time to ask for the pics**

But honestly hope you accomplished what you needed to. I've been in a similar situation before but recruiting violations weren't the topic. Incredibly infuriating to go through. Best of luck and hope whoever it is stops.

lastmajordog
12-16-2016, 04:48 PM
delete

KB21
12-16-2016, 05:15 PM

Yep. Same thing happened to me after signing day in 2013. I was working as an urgent care doc at the time. I made some comments on twitter about how they got their class, and I even responded to Hugh quoting a scripture with another scripture. I quoted proverbs 19:5 to him, which is "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he that speaks lies shall not escape."

Needless to say, I got a call from my employer after that because some of their fans called the medical office on me.

preachermatt83
12-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Yep. Same thing happened to me after signing day in 2013. I was working as an urgent care doc at the time. I made some comments on twitter about how they got their class, and I even responded to Hugh quoting a scripture with another scripture. I quoted proverbs 19:5 to him, which is "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he that speaks lies shall not escape."

Needless to say, I got a call from my employer after that because some of their fans called the medical office on me.

I've had them contact members of my church before.

RocketDawg
12-16-2016, 05:24 PM

What was the result of the carpet-calling? Seems to me like you should be able to Tweet anything you wanted to.

KB21
12-16-2016, 05:29 PM
What was the result of the carpet-calling? Seems to me like you should be able to Tweet anything you wanted to.

I had to delete my twitter account, and I also apparently have this in my record because the staff at my new clinic in the same system knows about it.

Political Hack
12-16-2016, 05:33 PM
I was flat out blackmailed and they called my work, but they found out quick that they're barking up the wrong tree there.

lamont
12-16-2016, 06:43 PM
wow- cant imagine what it would be like having OM fans call your work about something posted on a message board

RocketDawg
12-16-2016, 06:48 PM
wow- cant imagine what it would be like having OM fans call your work about something posted on a message board

I can't believe what whoever answered the phone at his work would feel about the idiot that called in. They must've thought he was the craziest person they'd ever talked to.

Really Clark?
12-16-2016, 06:51 PM

Forgot these ***

Thick
12-16-2016, 06:55 PM
I had to delete my twitter account, and I also apparently have this in my record because the staff at my new clinic in the same system knows about it.

That's absolutely ridiculous KB. What a joke? Don't know how you could work for them.

lamont
12-16-2016, 07:10 PM
I can't believe what whoever answered the phone at his work would feel about the idiot that called in. They must've thought he was the craziest person they'd ever talked to.

I heard from a friend that years ago when one called Coach34's boss- he was called a shitbird

msbulldog
12-16-2016, 07:11 PM
I wish they would call my boss, huge Georgia fan, who really doesn't like Mississippi. I would like to be the fly on that wall and hear what he had to tell them.

Treemydawg
12-16-2016, 07:41 PM
I wish they would call my boss. Oh yeah I am my boss and the number is 1-800- go17yourself.

KB21
12-16-2016, 07:44 PM
I wish they would call my boss. Oh yeah I am my boss and the number is 1-800- go17yourself.

I'd love to start my own practice, but it's hard to take that first step when you don't know how long it will take to build it up.

Chip
12-16-2016, 07:48 PM

Same here. Hell, I post under my real name.

Behrdawg
12-16-2016, 07:50 PM
In 2013, I had one of them subtly share my name on here. Then he proceeded to make fun of my uncle who had just passed away the day before thanksgiving. I don't really care either way about my name being shared. Just don't be so hateful about the death of my uncle (who was like a father to me when I was a kid).

I have some good friends and business clientele that are Rebels, but most rebel fans are pricks.

yjnkdawg
12-16-2016, 07:56 PM
I always liked John back in the BullDawg Junction days. He was always straight forward on things and had good info. He took a lot of undue criticism when Wardlaw bailed out. I sent Wardlaw, an email, about my short lived life-time subscription, and never heard a word from him, but that was no fault of John what happened.

yjnkdawg
12-16-2016, 08:06 PM
This might be a long post so bare with me.

Let's first go back to when Chris jones was being recruited. I am sure some of you remember the trip to oxford, whatever damn gas station he was at, and why I for one was never worried. Chris was not what you would call a normal five star recruit. Most of those guys are prima donnas that control whether or not hard working guys like Paul and Steve get the information the need to be "the scoop". Chris was never like that. I bonded with Chris early on for whatever reason and the kid never once lied to me. When the entire recruiting world was freaking out and nobody could get a straight answer, he always got back with me. The party weekend that all those "guys that is gonna get ole miss a natty" happened, I never ever worried. One reason. Mom trusted those that were genuine with her. And the prayer book group turned her off. Not because she wasn't a god fearing woman, but she could see through it. I am sure she didn't think Brother Jimmy just took matters in hand either. The infamous Buffalo Wild Wings picture scare so many Mississippi State people. But look at his mom and the look and Hugh's face. He knew he was not impressing mom and he had no chance. Gene Swindoll called me and we exchanged notes after that weekend. I even tweeted out Jones is committed to MSU and nothing to worry about. Some famous radio personalities wanted to make quite a bit of sport of me(thanks Karl Childers). Which was fine but on signing day I got a personal invitation to attend the kids ceremony. I didn't go. Not because I was worried. But that was his moment. Sometimes I think these recruiting services should remember that. It's their moment not yours.

Anyway that is when I first started hearing the rumors of what went on at the Library. Even took a trip down there myself. The stacks of paper that exchanged hands at that place was mind googling. Especially In the pool room.

Again cell phones have cameras.

I had several people question why a Bulldog would work for a Rebel recruiting site. And my answer was a simple one. My kids developed this nasty habit called eating. I honestly tried to do the best job I could do for that place. With the restrictions I was given. You have to understand one thing about recruiting guys. They have egos. And I was told in no uncertain terms David was the guy and anything important he would cover. Commitments and kids they actually wanted he would call. Seen and not heard I guess. But I did what I always did. I wrote what I was told. I reported what the kid told me. I told David and Tom Allen point blank they wouldn't get Leo Lewis. That was the beginning of the end for me. I was promised a certain amount of money for working there. And it just stopped. But I always had my ears and eyes open. When I am told "don't worry about this kid he had been taken care of", i know recruiting. I know what that means.

There have been several rumors that have been false and several that have been true. Let's list some.

Burner Phones
Airplane trip to bowl for recruits
Cash for players
Light bills
Check with Barney
Jobs for parents.

Now while I won't give names or times a lot of this has been proven. A lot of it happened. But that's not all. There is more to come.

The problem with going after kids that have no ties to your university is after the swag runs out they still don't any reason to be loyal. That class will come back to haunt them again. It will be said forever that Mississippi State caused all this. Well if you boys would have done your own reporting Steve wouldn't have to.

I am a firm believer in the time and a place for everything. There have been mistakes made. I personally saw a few. And have talked to people who have seen more.

As I said before. I am all about my kids. All about them. And they mean everything to me. When you mess with my ability to take care of them I will burn your ass to the ground.

Great post John, and I hope all works out for you. Always enjoyed your contributions back in the old BullDawg Junction days.

RougeDawg
12-16-2016, 08:38 PM
"Cell phones have cameras"

That looks like a synonym for "smoking gun"

Yes, goes along with the info I heard back in September. There were physical cold hard facts (emails, texts, screenshots, and pics) turned over, from numerous players recruited by OM. Most of it surrounds the immunity deals given the last 6-8 months.

I honestly never believed those lucky asshats would ever get caught. Had they stayed in their own pond, they likely wouldn't have. Been saving a bottle of 20 year Willet for the day the hammer drops. My mouth is watering at the thought of it.

32 Dive
12-16-2016, 09:45 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to John Farley again."

BossDawg
12-16-2016, 11:51 PM
Mr. Farley, I don't know who you think you are or what you're trying to prove, but acting this way won't end well for either of you all you're doing is perpetuating more angst and driving bigger wedges in betweenBWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I hope the UM football program digs a hole so deep they have to close the entire school down lolol! This is awesome!

Dawg61
12-17-2016, 12:04 AM
What's your thoughts on Wardlaw?

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
12-17-2016, 06:28 AM
Burn the Plantation to the Ground !! The roof The roof The roof is on fire ..... GTHOM!!

PonderThis1
12-17-2016, 08:19 AM
I'm wondering the same as others... if this info was shared with the NCAA. If not, why?

Op4isabitch
12-17-2016, 11:32 AM

I've known of him since Bulldawgjunction, always seemed level headed and a good poster!

I grew up watching his brother on Saturday Night Live, damn he was a funny bastard.***

Op4isabitch
12-17-2016, 11:42 AM
I'd love to start my own practice, but it's hard to take that first step when you don't know how long it will take to build it up.

Open your practice in Oxford, specialize in Cardio Health, I guarantee that starting in summer 2017 your practice will blossom.

BossDawg
12-17-2016, 02:11 PM
Open your practice in Oxford, specialize in Cardio Health, I guarantee that starting in summer 2017 your practice will blossom.

That or a psych ward.

Mutt the Hoople
12-17-2016, 04:17 PM
Had it happen to me as well.

dawgday166
12-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Reading this thread ... makes you realize just how ****ed up some folks are in the head. Can't really imagine being harassed (or harassing someone) over CFB results. SMH

KB21
12-17-2016, 05:54 PM

Man, I'm not sure I can be paid enough to go to Oxford.

jbjones
12-17-2016, 05:56 PM

REP++

Jack Lambert
12-17-2016, 06:02 PM

Would you rather have your sister work in a whore house or go to Ole Miss? Wait hell about the same thing.

Todd4State
12-17-2016, 06:02 PM

Sometimes you have to go to hell to get to Heaven.

beretta
12-19-2016, 11:01 AM
just bumping this glorious thread for a good slow week of doing nothing....

#gold

RougeDawg
12-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Haven't seen anything on the subject so has there been any talk on the way the OM staff was communicating with recruits via PS4 and XBox during the dead period? Klepto Kiffin was the ring leader, spending many nights playing online and speaking with recruits via these gaming systems. For those unfamiliar, these systems require that each user create an online profile and screen name. Then after you log on to the network you can then freely communicate with other members of your choosing. Most wear Bluetooth headsets and you can talk clearly with others. KK was linked to multiple recruits during the dead periods with these types of contacts. Haven't heard any updates on this aspec of their cheating.

thf24
12-19-2016, 11:16 AM
Haven't seen anything on the subject so has there been any talk on the way the OM staff was communicating with recruits via PS4 and XBox during the dead period? Klepto Kiffin was the ring leader, spending many nights playing online and speaking with recruits via these gaming systems. For those unfamiliar, these systems require that each user create an online profile and screen name. Then after you log on to the network you can then freely communicate with other members of your choosing. Most wear Bluetooth headsets and you can talk clearly with others. KK was linked to multiple recruits during the dead periods with these types of contacts. Haven't heard any updates on this aspec of their cheating.

Hate to rain on any anti-OM parade, but wasn't this actually determined to be legal at the time?

Really Clark?
12-19-2016, 11:32 AM
Hate to rain on any anti-OM parade, but wasn't this actually determined to be legal at the time?

It's legal, as long as they adhere to the number of contacts (phone calls, text, letters, videoconferencing, etc.) allowed. That is what gets a lot of coaches in trouble. Going over the number of permitted contacts.

Political Hack
12-19-2016, 11:38 AM
I think Nix was the one who started the PS/X-Box nightly games but I could be mistaken.

RougeDawg
12-19-2016, 12:27 PM
It's legal, as long as they adhere to the number of contacts (phone calls, text, letters, videoconferencing, etc.) allowed. That is what gets a lot of coaches in trouble. Going over the number of permitted contacts.

Correct. If I remember correctly they were attempting to circumvent the rules by remaining logged in to the service for multiple conversations via only one actual "contact". Similar to calling a recruit once but each party leaving the phon on continuously and each coming back periodically to converse. It was technically fewer "contacts" but close to unlimited conversation.

Really Clark?
12-19-2016, 01:07 PM
Correct. If I remember correctly they were attempting to circumvent the rules by remaining logged in to the service for multiple conversations via only one actual "contact". Similar to calling a recruit once but each party leaving the phon on continuously and each coming back periodically to converse. It was technically fewer "contacts" but close to unlimited conversation.

I agree but here is the rub. When the coach is logged on and the recruit searches out the coach, that's perfectly legal. Then if said recruit informs other recruits and they in turn contact the coach (the recruit can contact the coaches unlimited amount of times) then there is very little the NCAA can do. The issue is if a coach is logged on all the time and conversations are happening constantly under that username. Then you may have an issue of that extending into impermissible contact because of lack of private time and if others (GA's, other coaches, etc.) are also conversing during this time or under that user name. The number of different platforms available to contact recruits now is enourmous and difficult to regulate or to catch violations. I think they need to stream line the methods available to use and any deviation from an approved method carries a sever penalty. I'm just waiting for the coach/school to get busted using a secure encrypted messaging tool that they developed and use for contact that's not traceable and scrubs conversations.

RougeDawg
12-19-2016, 01:22 PM
I agree but here is the rub. When the coach is logged on and the recruit searches out the coach, that's perfectly legal. Then if said recruit informs other recruits and they in turn contact the coach (the recruit can contact the coaches unlimited amount of times) then there is very little the NCAA can do. The issue is if a coach is logged on all the time and conversations are happening constantly under that username. Then you may have an issue of that extending into impermissible contact because of lack of private time and if others (GA's, other coaches, etc.) are also conversing during this time or under that user name. The number of different platforms available to contact recruits now is enourmous and difficult to regulate or to catch violations. I think they need to stream line the methods available to use and any deviation from an approved method carries a sever penalty. I'm just waiting for the coach/school to get busted using a secure encrypted messaging tool that they developed and use for contact that's not traceable and scrubs conversations.

I'm not saying you were correct or incorrect. Just that the OM coaches found this loophole and exploited it to circumvent the rules. They were doing these types of things all the time that weren't technically breaking the rules. The extent to which they went to gain a competitive edge is never before seen. The NCAA probably can't apply penalty for the rule bending, but you can bet your ass they will take this into account whether decelopong the final penalties. And to top it all off, they still couldn't win anything of significance.

TrapGame
12-19-2016, 01:36 PM
That X-box stuff sounds like something a child predator would do.

Really Clark?
12-19-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm not saying you were correct or incorrect. Just that the OM coaches found this loophole and exploited it to circumvent the rules. They were doing these types of things all the time that weren't technically breaking the rules. The extent to which they went to gain a competitive edge is never before seen. The NCAA probably can't apply penalty for the rule bending, but you can bet your ass they will take this into account whether decelopong the final penalties. And to top it all off, they still couldn't win anything of significance.

Oh yeah. I agree with you. They definitely stretched, bent, and broke the damn thing off when it came to exploiting for a competitive advantage. I just wouldn't be surprised that what we know or can be proved they did just scratches the surface. I am concerned over tech advances that a network can or has been put in place.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-19-2016, 02:13 PM
I have to hand it to them. This was a pretty genius work-around to contact recruits.

Political Hack
12-19-2016, 05:01 PM
I have to hand it to them. This was a pretty genius work-around to contact recruits.

Yeah, I thought so too. They gladly play in the gray areas, which I don't see as "cheating." I wish our program was more creative sometimes in how they recruit. However, that cult-like approach that they employ from their staff to their fans has resulted in a complete loss of institutional control. They set the tone for it at the top and the boosters just followed suit.

Freeze hosting boosters and recruits at his house at the same time is just one of many examples, but the level of "cruitin'" going down on their big recruiting weekends is something thats unparalleled anywhere else in the country. That's why paying to get a kid to visit actually works for them and their "beautiful" campus. Just look at the cash Treadwell had on him after his visit.

Bodaski
12-19-2016, 09:30 PM

They must have a quota to meet as far as being an asshole to state fans. I'm on 2 liters of O2 and down to 16% LV. My pulmonalogist is in Oxford. I was getting out of my car going to a DR's. apt and this guy said" you sure are brave to walk around in this town with that MSU sticker on your car". Now, here I am with a Inogen O2 concentrator on my shoulder and the jerk made a smart ass comment. I looked at him and said", Well I might should be, but I haven't seen anything yet that would worry me", and turned and walked in the clinic. He just stood there with his mouth gapped open.

I seen it dawg
12-19-2016, 09:56 PM
They must have a quota to meet as far as being an asshole to state fans. I'm on 2 liters of O2 and down to 16% LV. My pulmonalogist is in Oxford. I was getting out of my car going to a DR's. apt and this guy said" you sure are brave to walk around in this town with that MSU sticker on your car". Now, here I am with a Inogen O2 concentrator on my shoulder and the jerk made a smart ass comment. I looked at him and said", Well I might should be, but I haven't seen anything yet that would worry me", and turned and walked in the clinic. He just stood there with his mouth gapped open.

****ing solid! **** those shitbirds.

Perpetual Underachiever
12-19-2016, 10:21 PM

I wish our coaches would start thinking outside the box, and exploit some of these loopholes. This modern era of recruiting is comparable to taxes. The wealthy will discover and exploit tax codes faster than the IRS can implement new ones, while not technically breaking any laws. Similarly, forward thinking recruiters are finding and exploiting these technological loopholes faster than the NCAA can discover them and change the rules. Maybe we need a CPA on our recruiting staff?*

RougeDawg
12-19-2016, 10:22 PM
That X-box stuff sounds like something a child predator would do.

Or a grown ass man who steals car stereos?